CAP 5 CAP 5 - Base Stat Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

My final spread that I am submitting, provided that Excellent wins. Explanation is on page 3.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Heres my spread:

HP: 85 . . . . . Atk: 45 ... ... .. Def: 70... .. .. SpAtk: 110. ... .. SpDef: 90.. .. .. Spe: 170

Low HP, its not really meant to take a hit, but since its divisible by five, 29 gives good LO recoil.
Attack is low because we want special.
Defense is slightly blow average to give it a glass cannon feel.
Special attack is high but not astronomical. It needs something to sweep with, but with such a high speed, we don't want to make it overpowered.
Special Defense is average, but in a Sandstorm, it makes it so it can take a special hit or two.
Speed is massive. It is only outsped by Deoxys-S. Rocks are usually really slow so its nice to have a lightning quick one to change it up (thats what we're doing after all.) This allows it to have lots of potential, but still counterable by Deoxys, which is pretty common in standard Metagame.

The only reason I typed the stats in is because they kinda got cut off in the picture.

If Excellent wins, I'm still going to go with the 89HP/56ATK/62DEF/140SAT/73SDF/130SPE spread. But if Very Good wins, I'll try my hand with this one.

161HP/9ATK/29DEF/140SAT/41SDF/130SPE

510 TOTAL BST

140SAT
/130SPE:

These stats remain unchanged from the Excellent one cause now I feel sure that they truly don't make it broken. With Rhyperior's Attack Power (in special form) and Aerodactyl's speed, Rockmon has the power to sweep away the competition (unless MAYBE if teams are loaded with special walls/tanks)...

41SDF:

Adding to the special side of things (slightly), the special defence stat. This coupled with its high HP and Sanddtorm should hopefully be enough for it to take a couple of special hits if it has to. Then again Garchomp can take hits if it has to...

9ATK/29DEF:

Sounds Blissey-esque I know, but this thing take physical hits better, and if it comes up across one, and it doesn't need attack power anyways, so there you go.

161HP

Nice and healthy, but not over the top *points at Blissey*. This is really the best thing I could do to keep it in the Very Good section and STILL keep my above two stats, so yeah. Hope Excellent wins to be honest

Phy Sweep: -13 (29)
Phy Tank: 0 (78)
Spc Sweep: 9 (233)
Spc Tank: 0 (98)
Extreme Bias to Offense (47.6)
Extreme Bias to Special (-126.8)
Overall Rating: Very Good (417)

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've thought long and hard about all aspects of the following spread:

HP: 85
Atk: 55
Def: 50
SpA: 128
SpD: 80
Spe: 112

BST: 510

-----

Physical Sweepiness: 88 - Rank -1: Below Average
Physical Tankiness: 76 - Rank -2: Moderately Bad
Special Sweepiness: 206 - Rank 7: Amazing
Special Tankiness: 110 - Rank 1: Above Average

Offensive/ Defensive Balance: 34.4 - Large Bias to Offensive
Physical/ Special Balance: -66.7 - Extreme Bias to Special

Overall Rating: 392 - Excellent

-----

Now I'm going to examine each aspect of its spread in detail:

Speed: IMO probably the most important stat for this pokemon. 112 Speed is excellent for a sweeper. A pokemon with +ve base 112 Speed outspeeds everything with a neutral nature upto and including base 127 Speed. However, it is still outsped by a neutral natured base 130 with max Speed. 112 Speed will also let this pokemon outspeed things that EV specifically to outspeed Gengar (Starmie, for example).

Special Attack: 128 lets it do plenty of damage to opposing walls. It's not overkill and yet it is still significant enough to sweep.

252SpA Timid Rockmon @ Expert Belt using Power Gem vs 252/252 Calm Togekiss - 51 - 60%

HP: 85 HP does little to compensate its pathetic defence, but allows it to take Special hits quite well in or out of Sandstorm.

Defence: Base 50 isn't surviving much at all.

Special Defence: 80 SpD is respectable, allowing it to take 91-107% damage from Starmie's Surf without Sandstorm. In Sandstorm, that gets reduced to only 61-72%. This allows it to take a good beating if used in a Sandstorm.

Attack: 55 can't do much damage at all.
This is my final spread.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Heres my spread:

HP: 85 . . . . . Atk: 45 ... ... .. Def: 70... .. .. SpAtk: 110. ... .. SpDef: 90.. .. .. Spe: 170

Low HP, its not really meant to take a hit, but since its divisible by five, 29 gives good LO recoil.
Attack is low because we want special.
Defense is slightly blow average to give it a glass cannon feel.
Special attack is high but not astronomical. It needs something to sweep with, but with such a high speed, we don't want to make it overpowered.
Special Defense is average, but in a Sandstorm, it makes it so it can take a special hit or two.
Speed is massive. It is only outsped by Deoxys-S. Rocks are usually really slow so its nice to have a lightning quick one to change it up (thats what we're doing after all.) This allows it to have lots of potential, but still counterable by Deoxys, which is pretty common in standard Metagame.

The only reason I typed the stats in is because they kinda got cut off in the picture.
I think I will make this my final as well.

And to Fishin: Wouldn't it be better to switch the S.Atk and Speed a bit since 128 speed outrunning SkyShaymin would be cool :P
Doug gets a lot of complaints about Syclant having just one point of speed more than base 120's already, so I want to avoid the "one point over" syndrome if possible. What I could do is give it 127 speed to tie Skymin, since that wouldn't be unnatural because there's already a Pokemon that has exactly that much speed already. I'm not sure if I'll go through with that but I'll definitely consider it.

Also, my current favorite out of the submitted ones is Dekzeh's, I like how it has a fair amount of options that it could potentially use (CM/Sub, possibly physical attacks) but is still a straight special sweeper first and foremost.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Mmk, 24 hours left to complete these, if any spread isn't posted with something like "This is my final spread" at the bottom, it won't count. No exceptions either. From there, I will PM my 10 selections.

Right, of course I forgot that earlier when I re-edited it >_<. It's been fixed now Tennis; my spread is on page 8, with "This is my final spread" at bottom. Quick link to that post is here

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mmk, 24 hours left to complete these, if any spread isn't posted with something like "This is my final spread" at the bottom, it won't count. No exceptions either. From there, I will PM my 10 selections.
I thought we would be PM'ing in our stuff. Do you want our full descriptions too or just the spread itself? I'll repost it below just in case.

HP: 106
Atk: 70
Def: 49
SA: 115
SD: 83
Speed: 127
BST: 550

PSweep: 111, Rank 1: Above Average
PTank: 85, Rank -1: Below Average
SSweep: 186, Rank 6: Amazing
STank: 128, Rank 2, Moderately Good

ODB: 20.5 Bias to Offense
PSB: -50.9 Extreme Bias to Special.
Overall: 413, Very Good.

Summary: 106/70/49/115/83/127

Togekiss Aura Sphere:

Max SA Modest Vs. 0/0 Deck Spread: 67-80% damage.

Air Slash: 21-25%: 4-5HKO.

In Sandstorm: 45-53%. It can 2HKO if it hits at or near Maximum damage, but it is out of reliable 2HKO range.

Air Slash: 14-17% lol

So Togekiss with absolute maxed out power can only reliably 2HKO in Sandstorm with 0 investment on this pokemon's part. Lets see the "Blissey killing" Max HP version:

Same Togekiss in Sandstorm vs. 252/0: 38-45%: 3HKO.

Air Slash: 12-14%.

Now, Say this were to use Weather Ball Rock in Sandstorm Vs. 252/0 Togekiss:

252 SA Neutral: 72-85%.
w/ LO: 93-118%
w/Nature + LO: 103-121%.

The first is a OHKO with Stealth Rock down (Sandstorm is presupposed above, we're using Weather Ball).

With Life Orb, you fall just 1% short of a guaranteed KO, but are heavily into reliable KO range.

HP: This HP Stat results in 353, which is a Leftovers + 1 HP. If you want Lefties, you won't have to waste a single EV. Furthermore if you want to go defensive, you can reach 101 HP Subs and go tell Blissey to take a hike. If you max HP, you end up with 416, a straight Leftovers number.

Speed: Since it is Rock and offensive, I wanted something that could outspeed Dugtrio. Additionally because of Skymin's Speed, I felt it safe to bump up to 127, so that it also outspeeds Weavile, while keeping Aerodactyl as a check (revenge killer) to it.

Atk/Def: I decided to go with a decent amount of attack power in case you wanted to use an errant Stone Edge or some other physical attack. Most rocks either have insanely higher defense or similar stats, so this isn't particularly mold-breaking.

As as example of a surprise set you could run, max attack Choice Band Stone Edge on 148 HP/252 Def Bold Blissey (most defensive set) does 45-53%, enough damage, enough to 1HKO on a critical or 2HKO reliably in Sandstorm or with Stealth Rock down. Earthquake on the same set reliably OHKO's Resttalk Heatran, the most defensive Heatran set. The less defensively stacked sets are in reliable 2HKO (1HKO) range for the CB set.

SpD: 83 results in an exact 202 Stat, which jumps up to 303 in a Sandstorm. Not too bad I'd say.

SpA: 115 was what was left after I finished allocating my desired stats. It's a decent SA number but not too overpowered. However, it relies on either a new rock move or Weather Ball, since Power Gem is mediocre at best.

Overall: This spread combines Bulk, Mixed offensive options, Speed, and minimal EV waste in one comprehensive package that you can build to your style of play. Everything from straight special sweeping to Sandstorm special tanking to surprise physical assaults. It combines the best strengths of the Rock type on a frame designed for special sweeping, but capable of much, much more.

This is my final spread. A true work of art, if I do say so myself (no offense to the artists in the art thread.)

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you're chosen you'll pm it to me again. Adding the spreads to the OP doesn't guarantee it being in the poll, unlike art.

tennisace

These people with finalized spreads do not conform:
LOLMudkipz
Bumfacepik
Leman
X-Act
Blakcharz77
Linton
Omgthatkid
Thydoom
Legacy Raider

You all have 24 Hours to conform.

Also, if I didn't add your post but you're done, quote it and just say you're done. This makes my life a ton easier.

I'm gonna submit a spread. :O

The Spread:
63/70/64/125/93/118

Defense:
63 HP, hits an even 330 when maxed out. It's sub par, but this thing is not made to take a hit. It can, however, take most specially based hits without dieing. (Provided they are not Surf, Energy Ball [and Grass Knot if this turns out to be heavy], Focus Blast/Aura Sphere, or Earth Power) For example, it can switch in and survive a Timid Choice Spec'd Gengar's Shadow Ball, even if Stealth Rocks is in play. (Skipping ahead, he can OHKO that same Gengar with a Choice Spec'd Tech'd Ancient Power, and/or an Expert Boost Psychic/Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball)

64 Def is the bare minimum that he can take. It and the Attack sort of embody the whole Low Atk/Def that a "Braking the Mold" Rock type will most definitely need. Basically the benchmark that I used was 0 Atk EV Modest Heatran's Explosion. At max damage, he's left at 3 HP. So basically that means he's a pretty good counter to choice'd variants of Heatran, as long as he watches out for Earth Power.

93 SDef seems high for a Rock, but again, thats what we need to "Break the Mold". I basically thought about this stat last, dumping the Stats needed to get to 540 BST. (Yes, I know BSt doesn't matter but I needed some sort of benchmark) 95 SDef though is acctually pretty good. Takes some powerful not SE hits, and in Sandstorm it can probably take at least one SE Special attack.

Offense:
70 Atk ensures a 3HKO on Blissey(0 HP/252 Def; Calm) with Close Combat (0 Atk EVs, Neutral Nature), and it has a chance of 2HKOing with a Life Orb. Stealth Rocks insure that 2HKO. Explosion almost always OHKO's with a Life Orb, and the same EV spread, if Stealth Rocks is down. A couple more EVs would be necessary to ensure the OHKO. Thats really all I wanted to be able to do with this number.

125 SAtk is the core offense of the set. It sits just 5 base points below Pokemon like Gengar, Heatran, Megnezone, and Latios (without Sould Dew).It has an ok chance of OHKOing Yache Garchomp with Ice Beam with a Life Orb, and with Stealth Rocks, Choice Specs Ice Beam is an insured OHKO. Not many Pokemon can boast that. I think this number is really good, to be able to but a huge dent into most teams.

118 Spd makes it so that it can outspeed Garchomp without a Speed boosting nature. I didn't want to go much higher than that, since I already gave it a high SAtk. Something like 131 Base speed would be just insane. This way its certainly revenge kill-able. The real worst part about the speed (I think) is the fact that Dugtrio can out-speed and OHKO. Then again, I didn't really want it to become Deoxys-S v.2.

Using X-Act's applet:
Physical Sweepiness: 111 Rank:1 Above Average
Physical Tankiness: 79 Rank: -2 Moderately Bad
Special Sweepiness: 203 Rank: 7 Amazing
Special Tankiness: 107 Rank: 0 Average
Offense/Defense Balance: 35.3 Large Bias to Offense
Physical/Special Balance: -50.0 Extreme Bias to Special
Overall Rating: 418 Very Good

That fits the ODB, PSB, and BSR that were given. :)

Well there's what I came up with. :D (Final Spread)
Damn, we needed very good. :( Oh well, here's the final spread.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
X-Act needs to conform! So here I'm conforming.

The following is my truly final stat spread:

HP: 95
Atk: 50
Def: 50
SpA: 120
SpD: 95
Spe: 120
(BST 530)

Physical Sweepiness: 82 (Moderately Bad)
Physical Tankiness: 81 (Moderately Bad)
Special Sweepiness: 194 (Amazing)
Special Tankiness: 135 (Good)
Offense/Defense Balance: 20.1 (Bias to Offense)
Physical/Special Balance: -75.5 (Extreme Bias to Special)
Overall Rating: 406 (Very Good)

The point of this stat spread is to make a fast sweeper that is also quite bulky in Special Defense, going almost to the minimum allowed Offense/Defense Balance of 20. This allows it to beat Togekiss, whether it has max Special Defense or max Special Attack. In the former case, this Pokemon will, without a favourable nature, 2HKO Togekiss more often than not if it is equipped with a 90 base power Special Rock move, while in the latter case, Togekiss only manages a maximum of 76% damage using Aura Sphere even if our Pokemon does not invest any EVs in HP and/or SpD.

As I already mentioned, this stat spread assumes that this Pokemon is going to have a 90 Base Power Special Rock move, whether it being a newly-created move or a Technician'd Ancientpower. Because of this, I didn't give this Pokemon a Special Attack stat beyond 120. After all, Weavile does pretty well with the same base stat (for Attack) and having STABs of only 75 BP and 70 BP. Also, remember how Gengar used to do so well in ADV without having any Special STAB moves?

Regarding Speed, this Pokemon really does not need more than 120 base Speed. Consider all the common Pokemon that outspeed it: Weavile, Syclant, Jolteon, Crobat, Aerodactyl, Shaymin Sky Form, Ninjask and Deoxys-S. Among these, only Jolteon and Deoxys-S would dare switch into this new Pokemon, as all the others are weak to Rock. Jolteon can't do much back with this Pokemon possessing 95/95 special defensive prowess. About Deoxys-S, it's not exactly the bulkiest of switch-ins, for one thing, and anyway, you really shouldn't expect me to make the Speed stat more than 180 just to outspeed it...

About the Attack stat, it is quite low, since Rock-types are generally proficient in this stat and we are breaking the mold. 50 base Attack is like Rhyperior's 55 base SpA, to ensure that it is not allowed to do any serious damage using physical moves, just like Rhyperior can't use Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Surf and Focus Blast effectively (yes, it learns all of them).

Finally, the 50 Def stat paired with 95 base HP, again low due to Rock types usually excelling in this stat, is this Pokemon's Achilles' heel. This Pokemon has 5 weaknesses, 4 of which are very common types. Having such a low Defense with these bad weaknesses allows us to give a good, or at least better, movepool for this Pokemon.

Hope you like it.

My final spread:
85/40/70/115/95/140

Do I have to have my explanation complete with it right now?
Because I have to go to school in a few minutes, and instead of copying my old damage calculations, I want to do some more.
Plus, my original Very Good spread was a bit different.
I guess I'll just edit it in later.

This is now my finalised spread, my reasoning and my previous spread can be found here

It now conforms with the Very Good rating whilst still retaining most of the features in the initial spread.

65 HP
50 Atk
53 Def
120 SpA
90 SpD
112 Spe

490 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)