CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 3 (Secondary Typing Poll 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to go with Poison / Ground because of the Stealth Rock resistance, immunity to Sandstorm, and STAB Earthquake with Gravity. Those things just sold me on Poison / Ground as the better typing combination.

Dragon, there is little real benefit of it being ground. Inferior resistances, you still get the ice weak, ect. Ground only has a SR resistance over dragon, and frankly assuming this will be a utility pokemon I think it would have access to some sort of recovery move. Same with twave immunity, he should have some sort of status healing move (if not just psycho shift) to help against status.

Also, I like to create never before used typings, Nidoking/queen are poison/ground so I'd prefer a new typing.

Poison/Ground

Water is a much less frightening weakness than Dragon. Being a utility pokemon, it will need to be able to take a hit and the Poison/Ground combination should provide a high base defense. Plus like I said in the last poll, It will be able to resist Stealth Rock, which is a common problem. Also, protection from sandstorms is nice.

Poison/Ground

You all have sold me on to that bandwagon and that I think about it, that is the best choice. When you think about a utility pokemon, it should be one that can fit in to most situations to support the team.

This guy could wall Togekiss' Paraflinching, Special Mixnape, Lucario, and Heracross, some big name sweepers. Plus being able to switch into sandstorms
unharmed and being resistant to Stealth rock are important details in creating a good utility pokemon. I believe this is the best option right now for our in the making utility pokemon.

Poison/Dragon
A utility pokemon needs to be able to switch in as easily as possible, so I'm voting for resistances. It may not be immune to Electric attacks, but it still only takes half of the damage.

Poison/Ground

Personally, I'd rather Take Neutral Damage from CBchomps Outrage, Then Super Effective.

I'd Rather Be Destroyed By Specsmences Hydro Pump Than His Draco Meteor.

I'd Rather Be Inmune to T-wave, Sandstrom, and resist SR, than Have "An Awesome Water Resist"

Poison/Ground

It,s supposed to be a utility PKMN. As in great defences. It would also have acsees to stealth rock, toxic and toxic spikes.

utility != great defenses. Anyways, ground type doesn't give it any more defenses than Dragon would, that is determined by stats. Typing doesn't regulate move selection really either, considering Blissey gets stealth rock and Roserade gets toxic spikes. A ton of pokemon have toxic, and that'd be governed by the poison type anyways.

Ground

It's extremely close, but the SR resistance, Sandstorm resistance, and the electric resistance really made it work, in my case. I still think that Poison/Electric would a an amazing idea.

utility != great defenses. Anyways, ground type doesn't give it any more defenses than Dragon would, that is determined by stats. Typing doesn't regulate move selection really either, considering Blissey gets stealth rock and Roserade gets toxic spikes. A ton of pokemon have toxic, and that'd be governed by the poison type anyways.
Utility =/= Great Defense

Roserade and Jumpluff rely on speed, not tankiness to perform support roles (Though Rade has better offensive options). Even Butterfree can double status, but really can't stay in.

I think most in the base stat discussion is looking towards this utility pokemon to having speed.

and whats with your roserade example? Of course she gets toxic spikes, she's secondary poison type >___>

and a rose, which fits in flavor wise.

Ground types on average have higher Defense and Dragon's have higher special defense, I think, but dragons jsut have crazy stats in general. Secondary typing DOES effect what this thing can get. Of course you're not limited to typing, but a ground type would be more apt to get SR, Spikes, Sandstorm, etc etc.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Poison/Dragon, because it's a cool, unique typing and there really are no supporting Dragons other than Altaria.

Poison/GROUND

We got enough OU dragons thanks, even if this is different.
Don't wanna be raped by a choicespecs dracometeor, 0HKO i dont care what you say. Same thing for an outraging garchomp.
It would seem many newbs are picking dragon. For instance FreakShizzl with 8 posts said "dragon cuz i said so." That my friends, is bull. If you are going to vote dragon, let's not have reasoning like "cuz i said so" and "OMG the sprite would be SO COOOLLLL." At least have some good reasoning.

Poison ground is the better type.

Poison/GROUND

We got enough OU dragons thanks, even if this is different.
Don't wanna be raped by a choicespecs dracometeor, 0HKO i dont care what you say. Same thing for an outraging garchomp.
It would seem many newbs are picking dragon. For instance FreakShizzl with 8 posts said "dragon cuz i said so." That my friends, is bull. If you are going to vote dragon, let's not have reasoning like "cuz i said so" and "OMG the sprite would be SO COOOLLLL." At least have some good reasoning.

Poison ground is the better type.
The type of new people we like recruiting.
They use logic.
But I voted Dragon.
I like both, I just like Dragon more (I've stated why before)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)