CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 11.5 and Complete Movepool Submissions

Should we allow the new move?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Woah, Doug. Why so menacing?

Unless I read the topic title wrong, this is the thread for Complete Movepool Submissions. Key word, there. If only the best movepools are going to move on to the poll anyway, they why should the people who are just taking a shot at it be penalized any more heavily than such people were in the Base Stat Submission thread, the Sprite Submission thread, or any other submission thread, for that matter? What makes this one so different?
1) Because the potential for lots of unnecessary spam is higher. Spam is a HUGE credibility problem for this project. Noobs post a ton of dumb shit in CAP threads and the entire project looks like it is full of noobs. Noobs need to lurk more, post less.

2) This thread comes on the heels of several discussion and voting threads. People making submissions need to have been following along closely. If they haven't been following along, I don't want them shitting up the thread with bad movepools.

3) This isn't any different than the stat spread thread. The stat spread thread had lots of standards. Not the least of which, submitters had to use X-Act's spread calculator and force their spread within certain of limits. Not much different here. In fact, it's MORE liberal here, since there aren't any hard rules, just guidelines.

And you really can't say that X-Act's Movepool Guide is a set of guidelines, not a set of rules, when you just said that our post will be deleted and we'll be infracted if we break it! What the hell do you call a set of rules but a set of guidelines that you get in trouble for when you don't follow them? A better way to say that would be, "They're a set of rules. Your post will be deleted and you will be infracted if you don't follow them. You can make an exception or two, but you'd better have a damn good reason for doing so, because if you don't, then you'll be infracted, too. Probably better to just play it safe."
I did NOT say people would be infracted for not following the guide. Those are your words, not mine. I said you would be infracted "If it is apparent that you do not understand that guide". There is a difference between following a guide and understanding the guide.

I want people to read the guide and understand its content. I did not say you had to follow it. In fact, I explicitly said that you don't have to follow it. All I asked, is that you explain your reasons for deviating from the guide. In fact, you don't even have to explain yourself if you don't want to. However, if you don't explain yourself, I may assume you didn't even read it. In which case, you will be infracted. But, the reason for the infraction, is for not researching the project guides before posting movepools.

I understand you're trying to enforce some quality control, but the whole point of a submission thread is to polish up the good submissions and weed out the other submissions that fall below the bar. I mean, really, it's just Pokémon, right?
Yes, this is for quality control. If people aren't going to adhere to certain minimum standards, then it is not worth the community's time to evaluate their submission. This is done all over Smogon.

If you don't believe me, here's a little test. Go over to the RMT forum and post a team of six Magikarps with Splash and ask for some quality rates by the team raters there. Go do that, and tell me how the mods react. They'll infract your ass so fast, it will make your head spin. Why? Because a post like that demonstrates that you have not met the minimum standard of team building by using the information available elsewhere on the site. A team of six Magikarps is OBVIOUS that you haven't done much research. Same thing here. Read the guide, and demonstrate that you have done a certain minimum of research. If not, you are wasting all of our time with your shitty movepool.

Contrary to what some people may believe, the CAP project is not an open forum for any random noob to drive-by and post any random idea that pops into their head based on their interpretation of the title of CAP thread. We have a process and a set of standards. Anyone is welcome to participate. The information I am referring to is freely available to everyone. No one is being excluded here. I think it is perfectly reasonable that people invest a modicum of effort to read and understand our standards prior to making a submission. If you are not going to do that, then don't make submissions. You can still participate in the project by voting.

Took me three hours to get this right because people can't leave me alone... Anyway, here's my shot:
HTML:
Move Tutor
- Spider Web
- Switcheroo
HTML:
Level-up
1 Poison Sting
1 Dig
1 Sand Attack
5 Defense Curl
9 Rapid Spin
13 Twister
16 Helping Hand
18 Follow Me
25 Spikes
27 Toxic Spikes
32 Sucker Punch
36 Light Screen
36 Reflect
42 Poison Jab
45 Safeguard
50 Fissure
HTML:
TM/HM
TM01 Focus Punch
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM37 Sandstorm
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM60 Drain Punch
TM63 Embargo
TM67 Recycle
TM68 Giga Impact
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
HM04 Strength
HM05 Defog
HM06 Rock Smash
HM08 Rock Climb
HTML:
Egg Moves (Bug/Ground)
- Tailwind (Butterfree)
- Memento (Skuntank)
- Destiny Bond (Vespiquen)
- Fire Punch (Ampharos, Blaziken, Infernape, Lopunny)
- Ice Punch (Delibird, Lopunny, Weavile)
- Thunderpunch (Raichu, Ampharos, Infernape, Lopunny)
- Dizzy Punch (Miltank, Spinda, Kecleon, Lopunny)
- Encore (Raichu, Dewgong, Ledian, Quagsire, Shuckle, Slaking, Illumise, Spinda, Walrein, Infernape, Lopunny)
- Disable (Arbok, Nidoking, Ninetales, Venomoth, Golduck, Dewgong, Ariados, Stantler, Spinda, Kecleon)
I figured it got some decent utility moves in the basic levelling and TM usage, so I stuck the 'good' utility moves as egg moves (some of which don't all line up, so you'd have to plan which moveset you want)

Well, If it's from the ground group, wouldn't It get Everything from smeargle? other then that, I think it's Ok.

Doesn't the guy look like one to use Baton Pass with all those arms? Too bad it lacks some stat boosters.
Well, we voted against both stat boosters and Baton Pass. It would've cool However, Being that this is getting Encore.

Wow Viny....that's truly a bare-bone, 100% percent Utility. It's stripped of any offensive attacks worth using unless you want to go all Choice Band on someone. I'm sorta scared by it. It's good, but just not my cup of tea.

Someone told me that I haven't proved that Shock Wave and Energy Ball would break this Pokemon or it's theme, well here's some damage calculations to prove they're not overpowering.

Shock Wave Damage calculation on every OU weak to it said:
All Neutral Nature
-----------------------
6 SpA vs 216/0 Bulkydos: 41.56% - 49.87%
6 SpA vs 124/0 Milotic: 18.78% - 22.1%
6 SpA vs 252/0 Skarmory: 32.34% - 38.32%
6 SpA vs 160/0 Starmie: 30.56% - 36.54%
6 SpA vs 252/0 Suicune: 17.82% - 21.29%
6 SpA vs 204/172 Calm Tentacruel: 17.05% - 20.45%
6 SpA vs 252/0 Togekiss: 19.25% - 22.99%
6 SpA vs 252/0 Vaporeon: 18.1% - 21.55%
6 SpA vs 0/0 Yanmega: 40.26% - 47.92%
Note, only Dos and Yanmega are in any serious danger but he shouldn't be switching into Dos in fear of a DD'd Waterfall. Yanmega can just Hyponsis him or Air Slash flinch him to death.

Energy Ball Damage calculations said:
All Neutral Nature
------------------------
6 SpA vs 0/0 Dugtrio: 67.3% - 79.62%
6 SpA vs 252/88 Hippo: 29.52% - 34.76%
6 SpA vs 64/0 Mamoswine: 42.44% - 50.4%
6 SpA vs 124/0 Milotic: 24.31% - 28.73%
6 SpA vs 160/0 Starmie: 40.53% - 47.84%
6 SpA vs 252/0 Suicune: 23.27% - 27.72%
6 SpA vs 252/0 Swampert: 57.43% - 68.32%
6 SpA vs 188/0 Vaporeon: 24.55% - 29.02%
Okay, now Duggy, Mamo, and Swampert are at risk of being 2HKO'd. The problem here is he doesn't want switch in onto Mamo and Pert's stabbed moves, especially EQ from Mamo. Duggy and Starmie is faster and can OHKO/2HKO him before he can do the same. The others can just wear him down with stabbed earthquakes and Surfs.

BTW, if the movepool selection opens now and five day from here and if I'm selected, then you can automatically placed it within the poll. I'll be down in Gerogia visiting my grandma and probably won't have any internet.

Wow Viny....that's truly a bare-bone, 100% percent Utility. It's stripped of any offensive attacks worth using unless you want to go all Choice Band on someone. I'm sorta scared by it. It's good, but just not my cup of tea.
Well, I started with everything that I thought it should have (let's say every punch move) and tossed in the utility moves, but there wasn't room for them. So, I cut it back, sticking more with utility since that's what everyone wanted, and I may have cut back too much. Oh well, we'll see how far it gets...

Fair enough, Doug. I consent that I misunderstood what you meant about the infraction thing, and I accept your explanation. Thanks for the clarification.

Level Up Moves :

Code:
H. ThunderPunch
H. Fire Punch
1. Poison Sting
1. Sand-attack
7. Comet Punch
14. Spikes 
21. Sludge
28. Toxic 
35. BlindingMire (New move)
42. Wish (I can see it using it's many hands to pray)
49 Poison Jab
55. Fissure
TMs :
Code:
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day 
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance 
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract 
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM78 - Captivate 
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM90 - Substitute
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb
Egg Moves : (Bug/Ground egg groups)

Code:
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes
Mud-slap
Block
Sucker-Punch
Encore
I think I made the level up moves a bit much - what do you guys think? Also, I'm in favour of BlindingMire (better name please :3)

Well, I started with everything that I thought it should have (let's say every punch move) and tossed in the utility moves, but there wasn't room for them. So, I cut it back, sticking more with utility since that's what everyone wanted, and I may have cut back too much. Oh well, we'll see how far it gets...
You cut a few nice offensive TMs but that's my biased opinion. An more non-biased opinion and I think you need to take out a few moves within Level-up and Egg. Not counting TM move, you have about 9 competitive viable moves where the limit is two to six. I say you could probably get rid of Switcharoo, Destiny Bond, and Memento(?) and be alright.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Maybe somebody has already pointed this out, but...

Heal Bell probably won't see much of a workout as this Pokemon in itself is immune to most status out there (bar Burn, Freeze and Body Slam hax.
It's actually better to be immune to status problems, as this means you get a free switch-in once in a while to use your cute Heal Bell and help everybody in your team that has been inflicted with Thunder Wave / Toxic / etcetera. See Blissey; she doesn't care gets a Toxic right after she uses Aromatherapy; she has Natural Cure anyways.

Updated list thanks to Gothic Togekiss' suggestions:
HTML:
Move Tutor
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Mach Punch
HTML:
Level-up
1 Poison Sting
1 Dig
1 Sand Attack
5 Defense Curl
9 Rapid Spin
13 Twister
16 Helping Hand
18 Follow Me
25 Spikes
28 Toxic Spikes
33 Light Screen
33 Reflect
38 Poison Jab
42 Safeguard
45 Fissure
HTML:
TM/HM
TM01 Focus Punch
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Shock Wave
TM37 Sandstorm
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM43 Secret Power
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM60 Drain Punch
TM63 Embargo
TM67 Recycle
TM68 Giga Impact
TM78 Captivate
TM82 Sleep Talk
TM83 Natural Gift
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
HM04 Strength
HM05 Defog
HM06 Rock Smash
HM08 Rock Climb
HTML:
Egg Moves (Bug/Ground)
- Tailwind (Butterfree)
- Memento (Skuntank)
- Destiny Bond (Vespiquen)
- Spider Web (Ariados)
- Switcheroo (Linoone, Lopunny)
- Dizzy Punch (Miltank, Spinda, Kecleon, Lopunny)
- Encore (Raichu, Dewgong, Ledian, Quagsire, Shuckle, Slaking, Illumise, Spinda, Walrein, Infernape, Lopunny)
- Disable (Arbok, Nidoking, Ninetales, Venomoth, Golduck, Dewgong, Ariados, Stantler, Spinda, Kecleon)

I think I've seen two people saying that this can get Wish from Illumise. Illumise is always female and you need a male Pokemon to pass egg moves.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
Pre-Evolution moves:
Code:
1. Pound
1. Leech Life
7. Mud-Slap
13. Icy Wind
20. Counter
27. Sludge Bomb
33. Rapid Spin
40. Earth Power
40. Earthquake
47. Tail Wind
Level Up Moves:
Code:
--: FirePunch
--: IcePunch
--: ThunderPunch
1. Pound
1. Leech Life
1. Rapid Spin
7. Mud-Slap
13. Double-Slap
20. Counter
27. Sludge Bomb
33. Rapid Spin
40. Earth Power
40. Earthquake
47. Gravity
Seconding Deck Knight's suggestion of a Bug/Poison winged pre-evo. Considering one has Bug type and wings and the other, Ground type and hands, I tried to branch out their movepools. A little.

Lemme see, Counter won't really be used and neither will Icy Wind. Sludge Bomb is a TM and Earth Power is a pretty situational move, so Tail Wind is the only really important move here. One of three.

Elemental Punches are too weak; Rapid Spin and Gravity are the final competitive moves. Yes, I'm considering Gravity one because this bitch knows how to use it; we don't consider Gyro Ball on Electrode, but we do on Bronzong, right? ;[

Now, we have three of three. Good.

TM Moves:
Code:
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic 
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM66 - Payback
TM67 - Recycle
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM70 - Flash
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM78 - Captivate
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM92 - Trick Room
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb
No Focus Punch because, well, we voted against Close Combat/Cross Chop. What's the final word about U-Turn, Charge Beam and Dark Pulse?

Egg Moves (Bug/Ground group)
Code:
Wish
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Encore
Pursuit
Bug Buzz
Disable
Helping Hand
Sucker Punch
Pursuit and the others aren't good, so whatever. Wish, both Spikes and Encore stay, period. Four of four, I think that's it.

I tried to squeeze everything in, and God, it's hard. I needed to take out Knock Off, too bad. It's a really great move, but I prefer to have a fast Encore and five turns of Failwind.

EDIT: Just realized I have one more move than the maximum allowed. Damnit. Or may I count the pre-evo's movepool as a different list?

After seeing Arael's submission, I now have two people I would gladly vote for. I like the pre-evo list but I have to ask, would place Air Slash within it be okay? I sorta image it's pre-evo doing it.

Arael, I love your list, but I think Gothic Togekiss is right. If I could take what he said one step farther, maybe you should replace Wing Attack with Air Slash. While all these other air moves make a little bit of sense if you really stretch it, DLL using Wing Attack would be even sillier than seeing Butterfree use Harden. Imagine seeing him on the list of all Pokémon that can use Wing Attack.

Edit: Or, rather, Wing Attack with Icy Wind, Icy Wind with Bug Buzz, and Bug Buzz with Air Slash, so that Air Slash is opposite Earthquake and Earth Power. It's just a thought.

That's it, I'm officially calling my spider Dr. Octagonapus.

On-topic: At the moment, the only movepool I like so far is Hyra. Has almost everything I'm looking for within a movepool =D
Even without it finished? Wow...

I think I've seen two people saying that this can get Wish from Illumise. Illumise is always female and you need a male Pokemon to pass egg moves.
Uh... okay. Blinding Mire is leaving my Level Up list and Wish is entering it (Tennis swayed me on that, plus Wish is infinitely more useful).

Edit:

Sunday can you read my submission post and answer the questions?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
Edit:
Sunday can you read my submission post and answer the questions?
We can only tell after the analysis is written (as moves that are on the sets is easily the best defenition to "competitive")

U-Turn is a-ok. Charge Beam falls under "stat up" moves (aswell as the anti-electric crowd). Dark Pulse saw opposition in the Attacking Moves thread and no support, so we killed it off. Psychic and Shadow Ball got some support so they stayed.

Might re-do mine soon and make it a proper submission. Also, depending on the winning movepool, I may start up a thread dedicated to the pre-evo (if people want to give it Tailwind and other such moves via Pre Evolution). Yay or Nay?

Yay. It is about time we looked at pre-evos, especially since NFEs are now considered tier-worthy. I'd love to use Syclar in UU a team, but we never really did anything about him. Similarly, Pyroak has two pre-evos, and both were fairly ignored (admittedly, Revenankh was stand alone, so I can't say much about him). Paying attention to the pre-evos, and developing the, would be awesome, because it means we could start expanding CAP into UU. and not just OU.

That, and I would love to see cartoons' design for a flying spider.

Hmmm. Perhaps, given the heavy punishment for breaking the guidelines, perhaps we could list the moves that would be considered 'competitive' on DDL so that we have an objective way to measure the legality of movesets.

Hope this guy gets rock polish so i can ran this set:

Rockpolish
Batonpass
Gravity
Thunder Punch

1st rockpolish 2nd gravity than batonpass the stats to a CB garchomp to do some earthquake pwnage and thunderpunch if gyara comes to taunt me.

Sunday

Hope this guy gets rock polish so i can ran this set:

Rockpolish
Batonpass
Gravity
Thunder Punch

1st rockpolish 2nd gravity than batonpass the stats to a CB garchomp to do some earthquake pwnage and thunderpunch if gyara comes to taunt me.
Lurk Moar. Batton Pass is one of the banned moves.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
First of all, I didn't put in Shock Wave and Energy Ball because there's Hidden Power (which outdamages Shock Wave anyway), and it already has Earth Power, Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball. So if you want a pure attacking set, you can go with Earth Power/Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power.

Alas, this Pokemon isn't meant for pure attacking, so why put in Energy Ball? And I don't really see why people bitch about not having Shock Wave when HP Electric hits harder! Granted, I wouldn't mind putting them both in the movepool since they're both TMs anyway, but I think it goes against this Pokemon being a utility Pokemon, so I left them out. However, I'm putting in Shock Wave to show you that I don't care whether it's there or not.

To Arael, unfortunately your pre-evo movepool is not possible. Every pre-evo movepool must be exactly the same, give or take, as its evolutions', except for maybe ONE OR TWO MOVES. The only exception I know of is the Infernape family, where Chimchar has Nasty Plot, Facade and Flamethrower, all of which are not in Monferno's and Infernape's movepools (although since Flamethrower is also a TM, you could argue that they are, in fact, two different moves anyway). I'm not taking into account Heart Scale moves, by the way. In all other evolutions, the most the movepools differ is by two moves (and actually, most don't differ by any move at all).

With that said, here's my second prototype:

Pre-evo Level-up List:
Code:
1. Doubleslap
5. Acid
9. Encore
13. Mud-slap
[B]19. Gust[/B]
23. Knock Off
27. Aerial Ace
32. BlindingMire / Sludge
[B]38. Tailwind[/B]
46. Me First
That would be my hypothetical pre-evo level up list. Notice how all its moves are present also in the evo, except for two of them.

Level-up List:
Code:
H. Teeter Dance
H. Gunk Shot
1. Doubleslap
1. Acid
1. Encore
5. Acid
9. Encore
14. Mud-slap
20. Rapid Spin
24. Knock Off
29. Aerial Ace
36. BlindingMire / Sludge
40. Sand Tomb
45. Gravity
52. Me First
58. Earth Power
I removed Wish from the list. Can't do otherwise; something had to give, otherwise I'd have too many viable moves.

TM list:
Code:
TM List
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Skill Swap
TM49 - Snatch
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM63 - Embargo
TM67 - Recycle
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
TM92 - Trick Room
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb
Added Shock Wave and removed Rock Polish.

Egg moves:

Code:
Pursuit
Sand-attack
Disable
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Block
Magnitude
Counter
Sucker Punch
Put Spikes and Toxic Spikes in, and removed Sludge.

Sunday

Just another thought I'd like to throw out there, when people submit final spreads a good idea could be to ask people to list the moves in their Level Up and Egg Movepools that count towards the Competitivly Viable moves. That was people could, in a single glance, determine if their favourite/most wanted moves are there. Opinions?

The main reasoning behind this is that for most people a single move will rule out probably half the movepools present. "No Toxic Spikes? well I'm not voting for those spreads, so what's left? Oh, that one has Spikes and TS! Me vote for it." is the kind of thinking I believe most people would employ in narrowing down their vote.

To Arael, unfortunately your pre-evo movepool is not possible. Every pre-evo movepool must be exactly the same, give or take, as its evolutions', except for maybe ONE OR TWO MOVES. The only exception I know of is the Infernape family, where Chimchar has Nasty Plot, Facade and Flamethrower, all of which are not in Monferno's and Infernape's movepools (although since Flamethrower is also a TM, you could argue that they are, in fact, two different moves anyway). I'm not taking into account Heart Scale moves, by the way. In all other evolutions, the most the movepools differ is by two moves (and actually, most don't differ by any move at all).
Sunkern/Sunflora have a bunch of differences in movepool for no discernable reason; Endeavor/Synthesis/Giga Drain/Seed Bomb vs Bullet Seed/Petal Dance/Solarbeam/Leaf Storm. Nincada's last three level up moves are replaced by other, more type-suited moves on Ninjask and Shedinja. Eeveelutions all have wildly different level up movelists for fairly obvious reasons.

The Nincada and Eevee examples are spawned by significant changes in typing, which would arguably give some precedence here. A Bug/Poison pre-vo yielding a bunch of Flying type moves doesn't feel right flavor-wise, though; you would think that it'd get bug moves instead. Also, sneaking Air Slash in this way feels fanboyish in the same way Syclant's movepool does to me, personally, even if it wouldn't be used much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)