Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure this qualifies as a bug, but I couldn't find a better suited thread.

There seems to be a particular legality issue with Spinda. As you may know, the only legal way of obtaining a Spinda that has both Contrary as the ability and Superpower in its moveset was the BW Dream World. Because of that, egg moves are impossible to have alongside Superpower since Dream World Pokémon are never bred. This is properly implanted on PS! for all of Spinda's egg moves except Fake Out, which is allowed alongside Superpower:

After looking at the learnset database, I believe the reason PS! considers the combination legal is because Fake Out was also a Dream World move for Spinda. However, when transferring a Pokémon from the Dream World, only one of its DW moves could be obtained (which one depended on the score you got in the minigame), so obtaining both Superpower and Fake Out on a single one was never possible.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
dragon tail causing pokemon (mega latias) with levitate to become poison by toxic spikes
This was probably a Pokemon with a Mold Breaker ability using Dragon Tail, in which case nothing was out of the ordinary; Levitate is ignored in that scenario. If you have a replay that was different than this situation, we'd need to see that instead.

trademarks don’t work when your pokemon is asleep
Is that an intended feature of Trademarked? If so I think the move should either not activate in the first place or just display the "but it failed" line, so as to not give off the impression the move isn't working for some reason.

For some reason scizor didn't get STAB from bullet punch: a 60bp bullet punch(after technician) did less damage than 60bp thief.

This is the relevent part of the battle report, because I couldn't upload it for some reason.
The opposing Venomoth used Bug Buzz!
It's not very effective...
(Scizor lost 70.6% of its health!)

Scizor used Thief!
(The opposing Venomoth lost 51% of its health!)
Scizor stole the opposing Venomoth's Focus Sash!

Turn 11

Scizor used Bullet Punch!
(The opposing Venomoth lost 48% of its health!)

(Scizor lost 29.4% of its health!)

Scizor fainted!
☆FuzRa_Sheikra: !data bullet punch
  • Bullet Punch
    Steel
    Physical
    Power
    40 Accuracy
    100% PP
    48 Usually goes first.
☆FuzRa_Sheikra: Wait wth showdown?
☆FuzRa_Sheikra: It didn't calculate STAB

the userlist is just a white screen as shown in the screenshot. ive tried to refresh, relog, close tab make a new tab, didn't work or fix it.

For some reason scizor didn't get STAB from bullet punch: a 60bp bullet punch(after technician) did less damage than 60bp thief.

This is the relevent part of the battle report, because I couldn't upload it for some reason.
(Scizor lost 70.6% of its health!)

Scizor used Thief!
(The opposing Venomoth lost 51% of its health!)
Scizor stole the opposing Venomoth's Focus Sash!

Turn 11

Scizor used Bullet Punch!
(The opposing Venomoth lost 48% of its health!)

(Scizor lost 29.4% of its health!)

Scizor fainted!
☆FuzRa_Sheikra: !data bullet punch
  • Bullet Punch
    Steel
    Physical
    Power
    40 Accuracy
    100% PP
    48 Usually goes first.
☆FuzRa_Sheikra: Wait wth showdown?
☆FuzRa_Sheikra: It didn't calculate STAB
Thief gets a Technician boost too, so Bullet Punch (with STAB) and Thief (without) end up basically being the same power when neither has the type matchup edge. Indeed, both moves ended up dealing right around the same amount of damage, certainly within the expected range for damage variation rolls.

View attachment 174328 the userlist is just a white screen as shown in the screenshot. ive tried to refresh, relog, close tab make a new tab, didn't work or fix it.
Login doesn’t seem to be working at all right now. I got randomly logged out and it won’t let me back in, after the “input your password” screen it just goes back to the main screen and does nothing. Saw somebody else say the same on Twitter, too - it’s possible this is also the reason for your problem

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7superstaffbrosbrawl-892093208
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7superstaffbrosbrawl-892109690

SSBB switching moves don't seem to work properly. (Check usage of Hazard Pass in the first and Pyramiding song in the second)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7superstaffbrosbrawl-892325470 In here, why didn't Hazard Pass Baton Pass? Also not Prankster decription says nothing about Zorua clearing field upon entry. If something could be done about either, it wod be helpful n_n
Issue with self-swapping moves not working will be fixed at the next hotpatch.

In trademarked the moves "quash" and "after you" fail when used as a trademark. Now originally in a regular singles meta, it makes sense that they would fail because a pokemon can only use one move each turn. However in this meta, the pokemon effectively uses 2 moves the first turn it is out. Therefore I think the moves should have their doubles effect as a trademark and not "fail" since they can be truly useful in this metagame.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-907307737turn 24 an arceus without multitype+spooky plate, but with the ghost sprite landed a super effective revelation dance on a mega gengar.
Just to clarify things, ingame there's no such thing like a sprite typing: no plate+multitype= default normal for everything related to arceus's typing including as well the type that can be seen on the bottom screen in cartridge, except the sprite when selected to be that way, and that sprite does nothing but be aesthetic.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
I understand that the bug I'm referencing has already been brought up here, but not only is that from almost a year ago, it also seems to have went completely unnoticed, so I'm mentioning it again: /tour scouting disallow does not fully prevent users in a tournament from joining other players' games after they have concluded, thus allowing players to scout one another once they can see that their target has finished their game.

In doing some experimenting with this, I've found that /ionext prevents players from joining, even after the games have concluded, though doing /publicroom to undo the ionext does not allow users to join games.

Hi,

I'm sorry if I'm so stupid no to know enough about the game or something, but I think I have found two bugs that can either be considered as such or just as a question I wouldn't mind to solve with some help.

First: Emergency Exit activated by Volt Switch. I used it on a Golisopod with "my" Electrode, he made the swap (so that's okay) but then I didn't get to swap, Volt Switch then didn't really do what was supposed to... Any thoughts?

Second: Malamar with Contrary and "Z-Happy Hour", isn't he supposed to decrease the stats instead of increasing them?

Thanks to everybody and sorry if I'm just too late or wrong about this.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)