Breloom (Choice Scarf) +

Its called Lead b/c that is the primary function of it, to be a lead. It just so happens that it can function with your team once Lead uses are over.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Don't we already have a lead Breloom set? Protect/Spore/Seed Bomb/Mach Punch iirc. As outdated as that may be, it's another reason for this to be simply called Choice Scarf.

So can Flygon and Venusaur but, no one calls them leads. Also, isn't there already a "lead" Breloom that doesn't use a Choice Scarf?

Whatever, I'll change the name even though this functions as a better lead than the current outdated one.

But still, the primary function for the set is as a lead.

Changed it to Scarf Lead to differentiate from the outdated one.

How is it better? The older set was able to scout other leads, Spore them and still have the ability to attack. This set outspeeds most leads but, still, it's either locked into a move or doesn't get the KO on it's target as it sets up. Both sets have flaws and advantages but I don't see how it's better :/.

Still, I don't see how this set differs from a regular Choice Scarfer that's leading nor do I see how it's mostly a lead rather than a Choice Scarfer :s.

It outspeeds the common leads today and sleeps them. When people are still somewhat using Suicide leads, and Scarf Jirachi has become more common, it works well, as well as being able to function other roles in addition to its lead role.

And there isn't any Choice Scarf section either.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I deleted the lead set from the analysis some time ago because it was outdated.

This should just be choice scarf with a mention of its leading abilities in the Set Comments.

Finally, stop arguing about "which set is better" it doesn't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)