Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, I'm wondering, since we're apparently going to implement and allow the acidweather glitch on shoddy 2, is the same going to happen to rage+transform glitch (e.g. any pokemon with mimic can have pretty much whatever moveset it desires + one 'normal' move)?
This is a 100% no-no, since every Gen 1-3 Pokemon had access to Mimic through an Emerald Tutor. So implementing this change means every Gen 1-3 Pokemon automatically becomes broken.

What's a good way to level up my Pokemon in Soul Silver? Should I go with Cerulean Cave or Mt. Silver or rematch random trainers?

I'm not keen on battling the Elite 4 for levels, since my doods are only in their 40s and I don't want to have a Hall of Fame explosion.

Where could I find the now-removed DPPHgSs Standard Mence sets/spreads/analyses? Are they classified as "Suspect"? I'm using it for Battle Frontier/local wireless "600-and-under-BST" battles.

Originally Posted by Viltris

What's a good way to level up my Pokemon in Soul Silver? Should I go with Cerulean Cave or Mt. Silver or rematch random trainers?

I'm not keen on battling the Elite 4 for levels, since my doods are only in their 40s and I don't want to have a Hall of Fame explosion.
If you just need levels, Mt. Silver offers Pokemon in the 40s-50s; however, they are all rather bulky and mostly Ground/Rock. Victory Road sports similar Pokemon in the mid-30s, whereas Cerulean Cave has a level range of 35-45ish on the first floor and somewhat frailer Pokemon.

Outside of EXP. Sharing and rematching Gym Leaders, these are pretty much your only options. Choose one based o what you think your Pokemon can handle.

Thanks. I have other doubt: I want to use the RNG with Ho-Oh, but I need to find my seed, is my best option kill Ho-Oh the first time to continue the game and go to Mt.Silver?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks. I have other doubt: I want to use the RNG with Ho-Oh, but I need to find my seed, is my best option kill Ho-Oh the first time to continue the game and go to Mt.Silver?
It's totally up to you. Which is more important? Getting a perfect Ho-Oh first or finishing the game first? I would personally finish the game first and try to RNG Ho-Oh at my own pace.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Desert Fox, as long as you've got the dogs roaming so that you can check your seed, and you have everything you need to RNG Ho-oh, it really doesn't make any difference.

Goodluck!

Desert Fox, as long as you've got the dogs roaming so that you can check your seed, and you have everything you need to RNG Ho-oh, it really doesn't make any difference.

Goodluck!

But, I have to calibrate first, and I need a lvl 50 pokemon to do that.
, right?. I am starting the RNG in HG, is more difficult than doing in platinum =/

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
But, I have to calibrate first, and I need a lvl 50 pokemon to do that.
, right?. I am starting the RNG in HG, is more difficult than doing in platinum =/
? Isn't Ho-oh L45? Am I mistaken? And nah, it's not any more difficult than Plat.

I would like to ask some questions about breeding moves. I heard that a pokemon can learn any skills that both parents have in their current movesets. Hence, i would like to ask can i breed:

a cleffa with softboiled and seismic toss if i migrate a male and female from Gen 3 and get those moves as egg moves?

or

getting certain moves exclusive from certain evolution. For example, pass down flamethrower from flareon parents to eevee then reuse in eevee/jolteon.

A move will be passed down under 3 conditions.

1) It's an egg move (male parent must possess the move).

2) It's a TM move the baby is capable of learning (male parent must possess the move)

3) It's a part of the baby's level-up pool (both male and female parent must possess the moves).

So neither of your examples would work. Tutor moves are not breedable (not a part of the pokemon's level up pool), and flamethrower is not an egg move for Eevee nor can it learn it via TM.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would like to ask some questions about breeding moves. I heard that a pokemon can learn any skills that both parents have in their current movesets. Hence, i would like to ask can i breed:

a cleffa with softboiled and seismic toss if i migrate a male and female from Gen 3 and get those moves as egg moves?

or

getting certain moves exclusive from certain evolution. For example, pass down flamethrower from flareon parents to eevee then reuse in eevee/jolteon.
Yes to the first, no to the second.

EDIT: ninja'd and thanks for clarifying

EDIT2: Both are no, I was wrong. Thanks, Veedrock.

How do I get latios? I've looked on youtube googled guides and everything it says to get the national pokedex (which I have) then go to the vermillion fan club and do the copycat girl quest thing. I cannot do it and when I left the fan club the dude didn't show up... what's going on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)