Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can see, it is possible to use all three of those priority moves together. Going for a PrioriTechniTop eh?

Hai guys.

I'm trying to learn the formula for stat calculation off hand. I decided to start with HP, since it looks like the most difficult of the two. I have one that I got from Bulbapedia.

HP stat = ((IV + 2 * Base + (EV/4)) * Level/100) + 10 + Level
I'm trying to find the stats of a 31 IV/0 EV Blissey at level 100.

x = ((31 + 2 * 255 + (0/4)) * 100/100) + 10 + 100
x = ((33 * 255) * 100/100) + 10 + 100
x = ((8,415) * 100/100) + 10 + 100
x = ((8,415) * 100/100) + 110
x = (8,415/1 * 100/100) + 110
x = (841,500/100) + 110
x = 8,415 + 110
x = 8,525

Yet, the Blissey from Shoddy Battle's Team Builder is 651. What did I do wrong?

Hai guys.

I'm trying to learn the formula for stat calculation off hand. I decided to start with HP, since it looks like the most difficult of the two. I have one that I got from Bulbapedia.

I'm trying to find the stats of a 31 IV/0 EV Blissey at level 100.

x = ((31 + 2 * 255 + (0/4)) * 100/100) + 10 + 100
x = ((33 * 255) * 100/100) + 10 + 100
x = ((8,415) * 100/100) + 10 + 100
x = (8,415/1 * 100/100) + 110
x = (841,500/100) + 110
x = 8,415 + 110
x = 8,525

Yet, the Blissey from Shoddy Battle's Team Builder is 651. What did I do wrong?
You added two to the IV and multiplied by the base (255); the way the math functions you need to add the IV to the base times two. All you did was confuse your order of operations; multiplication/division comes before addition.

A question of my own: Does anyone know of any good Battle Videos, preferably Uber battles? Doubles preferably, those are more fun to watch for me. All I find is stuff like "Rayquaza sweeps someone who probably doesn't have a badge yet" and "Guy hacks ubers into Battle Tower, still loses". (BTW, 99-85554-44816 for the second thing I mentioned. That guy fails.)
Asking again, since soon after that post there were a few posts about the Platinum IV dude and then a new page started.

Im going to enter the tour today but Im porrley schooled in UU. Who are a good Mixed attacker (preferibly fast) A u-turn abuser. And Something that can lay down sr pretty easily.

if I migrate a porgyon that has trace from Emerald to Pearl, what will its ability be when it becomes a P-z? download or adaptability?

Until you evolve it, you won't know which ability it will have. It'll have a 50/50 chance to get Download, and a 50/50 chance to get Adaptability.

if I migrate a porgyon that has trace from Emerald to Pearl, what will its ability be when it becomes a P-z? download or adaptability?
Trace becomes Adaptability; Porygon's ability Download is the ability that does not change when it evolves into Porygon-Z.

I've got a question concerning PIDs, hopefully someone will be able to at least guide me where to ask to clear this up. (I didn't see anything about it in the articles...)

In my Diamond game, I ended up receiving a shiny Mild Chimchar for a starter (with not half bad stats too; 27/29/12/23/25/25); using X-Act's applet it gave me four possible PIDs, two of which were Method 1. The results are as follows:

PID: 1121253941 [42D4FA35] | Created by Method 1 | Gender Number: 053 | Ability: 1
PID: 1136444116 [43BCC2D4] | Created by Method 1 | Gender Number: 212 | Ability: 0

Since the PID also determines the ability of pokemon that can have multiple abilities, the Ability: 1/0 is useful for determining which Method 1 PID is correct (as the correct PID would be whichever ability the pokemon in question is); the only problem is, Chimchar only has one ability. It didn't say in the article which number to trust when finding the PID of a pokemon with a single ability; should I trust the Ability: 1 as the true PID, or the Ability: 0 as my (now) Infernape's PID?

Trace becomes Adaptability; Porygon's ability Download is the ability that does not change when it evolves into Porygon-Z.
That's only if you catch the Porygon in the 4th gen. Pokémon with new abilities that have been migrated from the 3rd gen have a 50% chance of getting the new ability when they evolve.

Anyone know the lowest level a pokemon can be at to accurately calculate IVs that are 31s or 30s? I heard it was 20 or rather...

Anyone know the lowest level a pokemon can be at to accurately calculate IVs that are 31s or 30s? I heard it was 20 or rather...
That depends on what calculator you're using. I suggest using MetalKid's IV Calculator to find your IV's, as it is more precise than a single level - going from lv 5(/1) through lv 14/15 with rare candies and entering in the stats for each level results in a fairly accurate result.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So I had literally 50 rare candies that I used to level up bred pokes to check their IVs. But I used them all...:P

I heard there was a way to "level them up" temporarily that involved "wifi battling" or something. Does anybody know what I need to go about this? I have, Pearl, Platinum and 1DS and another DS but the top screen is still broken (I still manage to use it to trade back and forth all the time so I guess it might work).

Does anybody know where I could go to do this, or have any tips?

Thanks! ^.6

So I had literally 50 rare candies that I used to level up bred pokes to check their IVs. But I used them all...:P

I heard there was a way to "level them up" temporarily that involved "wifi battling" or something. Does anybody know what I need to go about this? I have, Pearl, Platinum and 1DS and another DS but the top screen is still broken (I still manage to use it to trade back and forth all the time so I guess it might work).

Thanks! ^.6
When you enter a standard Lvl 100 single or double battle over wifi the pokemon's stats are brought up to what they would be at lvl 100. Then you can use whatever calculator you have to calculate the IVs

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)

Thanks! ^.6
well if you have a wifi battle with someone else then your pokemon are automatically raised to level 100, and you can use an iv checker. you only need one ds. btw It sounds like you have exactly the same stuff as me, 2 ds one with broken top screen and Pearl Platinum
anyways hope I helped

edit: beaten

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
yeah, so I'm a total noob.

where do I go to do a standard wifi battle, and can I do it by myself with my 2 carts and 2 DSs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)