Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my question. For determining an SID, a non-chained shiny is required; if my starter pokemon turned out to be a shiny, does that qualify as well for determining an SID? (It may not be Platinum, where I wanted to breed, but I almost forgot my Diamond game started a year and a half ago had a shiny Chimchar for a starter... (now an Infernape, but still.))
Yes it will work.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm curious about some things...

For Acupressure, does it do +2 for evasion and accuracy as well?

Can Assist ever pick Struggle? Like, your entire team has no PP and your Delcatty has only Assist.

The Run Away ability does nothing against Mean Look, right?

I'm curious about some things...

For Acupressure, does it do +2 for evasion and accuracy as well?

Can Assist ever pick Struggle? Like, your entire team has no PP and your Delcatty has only Assist.

The Run Away ability does nothing against Mean Look, right?
Acupressure: can boost accuracy and evasion.

Assist: can't get Struggle.

Run Away: completely and utterly useless against anything with a trainer.

Is there a way to teach evolved pokemon moves only their unevolved form learns? Like teach Spore to Breloom or Nasty Plot to Infernape?

Cancel the evolution until they learn it, then evolve them. If you mean after they've evolved, then no.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
All moves in doubles lower their power if they hit multiple opponents.
Awww dang! I checked in my Plat. guide attack list and you're right. See my DP guide attack list specifically says "attack power lowers in double battles" for like 75% of 2Enemy attacks like Acid through Swift, but it DOES NOT say that for like Eruption, Heat Wave, Lava Plume, Razor Wind Twister and Water Spout, so I assumed it didn't apply. My Plat. Guide specifically says it for all those.

Thanks for pointing that out and forcing me to double check! Makes perfect sense.

Thanks! ^.6

probably something like naughty 252atk, 192spe 64spc atk

max attack, speed outruns adamant scarfchomp after a DD and the rest thrown in special attack

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
How would you go about getting the nature and IVs you want for fossil pokes?

I would like to whip up a speedy Aerodactyl before St. Louis, but I don't know if you have to soft reset for it from the musem/lab before you give it to them, just before you get it from them, can you "synchronize" for the nature you want, are the IVs set when you get it...etc...

thanks

How would you go about getting the nature and IVs you want for fossil pokes?

I would like to whip up a speedy Aerodactyl before St. Louis, but I don't know if you have to soft reset for it from the musem/lab before you give it to them, just before you get it from them, can you "synchronize" for the nature you want, are the IVs set when you get it...etc...

thanks
you can breed them just like normal pokes which is much easier

How does a genderless Pokemon+Ditto+Everstone work? If I have a Porygon and Ditto, both Timid natured, do I just attach the Everstone to the Ditto like normal?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'm also looking for a Zapdos.

I could get it from Plat., but I'd have to chase it.

I also have Leaf Green, but I'm pretty sure I actually killed it years ago. :/

I've also got 1 ready to catch in XD, but I don't know if I can "synchronize" for the nature I want in 3rd Gen games.

Can you "synchronize" for natures in 3rd Gen games? If you can that would seem to be the easiest.

The only game you can Synchronize natures for in the 3rd gen is Emerald. I don't know if it works for Legendaries though. Their info is set when you talk to Oak (on Platinum), so IDK.

haunter

Banned deucer.
How does a genderless Pokemon+Ditto+Everstone work? If I have a Porygon and Ditto, both Timid natured, do I just attach the Everstone to the Ditto like normal?
Yes, the everstone trick works even with genderless pokemons. So yes, just attach the everstone to the Ditto.

Is Platinum really worth it, I've got Pearl at the moment after buying a new DS and Im looking to get back into competitive battling like I was 1-2 years ago before my DS Lite broke.

I'm a bit confused on how Sucker Punch works in double battles, anyone willing to share?

i.e., if the opponent is using pokemon A and pokemon B, while I'm using pokemon 1 and pokemon 2, would using sucker punch with pokemon 1 on pokemon A work if:

Pokemon A attacks pokemon 1: (obviously)
Pokemon A attacks pokemon 2:
Pokemon A attacks all pokemon (EQ):
Pokemon B attacks pokemon 1:
Pokemon B attacks all pokemon (EQ):

I'm assuming it would work for all of them based on how sucker punch works in singles, but would that be right?

Didn't Platinum add some kind of Battle Frontier pokemon-worth checker similar to the old man found in Emerald? I can't seem to find where the guy is.

Flower Gift and its power-ups

I know, I know, this site has a little tidbit about the ability, but, after trying to verify the answer, I got really confused.

Anyway, my question to the wise minds of Smogon is: Does Flower Gift, Cherrim's exclusive ability, power up the Attack and Special Defense stats, or does it power up the Attack and Special Attack stats?

I really want to know becuase I am thinking of building a Sunny Day team utilizing the ability. Much thanks to the person that answers this question.

I know, I know, this site has a little tidbit about the ability, but, after trying to verify the answer, I got really confused.

Anyway, my question to the wise minds of Smogon is: Does Flower Gift, Cherrim's exclusive ability, power up the Attack and Special Defense stats, or does it power up the Attack and Special Attack stats?

I really want to know becuase I am thinking of building a Sunny Day team utilizing the ability. Much thanks to the person that answers this question.
I'm pretty sure it's Special Attack. I'm not sure why Bulbapedia and Smogon say Special Defense. I also think it could either be partner Pokemon in Double Battle or the whole Pokemon Team, because I've read both.

This is very confusing. @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)