April 7* Raid Part 3: Inteleon (Ice Tera)

Instead of Mud-Slap, try Aqua Ring to give you something productive to do turn 1 (effectively dual-wielding Leftovers + Cloak) and don't take another turn until you get the wipe, so your boosts will actually stick after that. Brick Break is also slightly more damaging than Play Rough (when not taking tera into account), and doesn't have the miss chance, but I find Azumarill might not want to tera anyway because with its native types it resists everything Inteleon has, and at +6 the Aqua Ring completely negates the typical damage of Blizzard. Another option is to use Rollout as the attack, which does bring back the miss chance, but in exchange your next four turns will all get to execute immediately with no menu navigation, and if you do get to turn 5, the damage is a lot higher.
I tried this set out and it does work out that Azumarill can just eat Blizzards from +6 as long as it doesn't critical, which saves time over setting up Mud-Slaps that get doubly negated over the course of this battle. However I found that teraless Brick Break had a hard time breaking through Inteleon's shield reducing damage to 20%, taking a whole 11 Brick Breaks, so I am still in favour of using STAB tera just to deal with that phase more quickly with 70% damage getting through the shield.
1682694355227.png

Fairy tera works but it's not optimal and just what I've had from the static lake Azumarill. I haven't built a Water tera Azumarill yet, but overall I think the best offensive option would be tera-Water Liquidations for 100% accuracy, STAB tera for max power and shield breaking, and the chance to lower Defense. Water also still resists Inteleon's most powerful move in Blizzard compared to Fairy having to take them at max power and perfect accuracy in the endgame.

Pokemon can’t become frozen if sun is up, though an already-frozen pokemon won’t thaw just because sun is set. So long as you can keep the sun up, Healer shouldn’t be necessary.
In case one is paranoid, I ran a Support Klefki.

:Klefki:
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Sunny Day
- Light Screen
- Misty Terrain

Typically I used Thunder Wave first, since the first move is usually Tearful Look and the speed drop helps keep others safe in the long term, and several times one of my teammates had Sunny Day (even non-Supports like I saw an Annihilape use it in one run) anyway. After that, monitor Light Screen/Sun turns and use Cheers for the big damage dealers. Misty Terrain was because I didn't expect to do damage anyway with Foul Play or stray Flash Cannon chip, and it made sure no stray Freezes happened in case inevitable timer screwing caused Sun to lapse from either Snowscape recast or just turns getting off-sync.

Sunny Day and then Light Screen are the two most important things to maintain in this battle IMO. Sunny Day nerfs both of Inteleon's "STAB" moves in some form, and for Snipe Shot it's the only form of mitigation you have if it crits (ignores LS alongside stat changes of course). One of the STAB moves is almost certainly going to be preferred for neutral, and Sun mitigates the worst of either (Snipe Shot's power, and Blizzard's Accuracy/Freeze chance), so keep it up at all times possible.

Thunder Wave lowering speed helps a bit for people not creeping, but it's not worth risking a lapse in your defensive stuff even to get it in before the shield. And please, if you're bringing a DPS, run Defiant if they have it. You're turning down free boosts at the start for Ape/Kingambit.

For a spicier choice in public raids:

Polteageist @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Skill Swap
- Light Screen
- Aromatic Mist
- Foul Play

Given that most people are bringing physical attackers such as Annihilape and Iron Hands, Skill Swap Weak Armor can be really effective in forcing Defense debuffs onto Inteleon through Mist. Polteageist has great natural SpDef combined with the EV investment which allows it to survive really long in the battle. Light Screen is naturally good for damage reduction and Aromatic Mist allows you to take it even further by buffing allies' SpDef manually. Other than that, you'll spend the middle part of the raid doing cheer support.

The last slot is filler since Polteageist sadly doesn't learn any other useful moves like Sunny Day or Life Dew. Foul Play at least allows you to activate Weak Armor on your own while also dealing moderate amount of damage, although I've pretty much never really used much of it (at least I've never gotten to activate the tera). You could also put Strength Sap in the last slot if you feel like it.

If you have someone else on support duty (Blissey or something like that), and don't feel like wasting time leveling up other weird stuff, you can also use a almost-standard Walking Wake set

Walking Wake @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature (Modest would be better prolly)
- Sunny Day
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Steam

Don't even need to "think", just put up Sun, spam flamethrower until tera, then tera and spam hydro steam. Clear Amulet will do the work for you.
Not going to lie the amount of turns Intelleon "wastes" on Tearful look is hilarious.

Also, I want to give a shotout to this random guy in one of my groups with this 99Head set
Medicham (nature / ev unkown, i assume bulk)
Ability: Telepathy
- Acupressure
- Skill Swap
- Force Palm
- Recover

I don't know who you are but I tip my hat to you

Last edited:
My first completed try on this raid used a support Light Screen Umbreon, but man Blissey is that but better for this raid.
1682717051553.png

You're unkillable, you make the others unkillable, and Healer might thaw allies if Blizzard freezes (of it works like that in raids?). I normally use Helping Hand on the Sunny Day slot but not making Inteleon's Blizzard 100% accurate and its defense double is great.

(of it works like that in raids?)
I can confirm you it works in raid since I had my Blissey proc it back during Charizard raids.

I'd use something else instead of Heal Pulse tbh cause it's a bit inconsistent (very often you try to heal someone and they just die before you even cast it, or Intelleon casts something and messes up your UI).
Thunder Wave is your best option for obvious reasons, but you could also just have Skill Swap and take away Sniper turn one.

Also do note that Sunny Day is practically mandatory since it
- Reduces Blizzard accuracy
- Prevents Freezes completely (something a lot of people don't know, but you can't be frozen under sun)
- Buffs potential fire coverage or stabs

One of the most common mons I've seen so far is Annihilape, and most Annihilapes are basically running Drain Punch, Rage Fist and Sunny Day, + whatever 4th move i've never seen used

Thank you for the advice! It's true that it has happened a bit but on the other hand Heal Pulse negates Belly Drum recoil for the Iron Hands that I keep seeing. You options both seem very interesting though, so I may just try and experiment with them!

I've seen a handful Iron Hands (hurr durr pun), but they didn't really impress me.
Yes Belly Drum can tecnically deal with Tearful Look but Intelleon is very trigger happy with it and Iron Hands doesn't exactly excell in the spdef department.
Thank you for the advice! It's true that it has happened a bit but on the other hand Heal Pulse negates Belly Drum recoil for the Iron Hands that I keep seeing. You options both seem very interesting though, so I may just try and experiment with them!
You could also drop Helping Hand for the same reason (inconsistency if you're not actually with someone, not uncommon to use HH and the other person doesn't attack / dies / uses a status move or a cheer), I rarely use it nowadays.
Besides, from what i saw from the Blisseys I've had in raid, they've been basically busy spamming Life Dew every turn (aside seeing up Light Screen) since 70% is still enough to land 2 out of 3 Blizzards and they still kinda hurt (expecially if they crit)

Last edited:
Ended up using max HP/Special Defense Careful Battle Armor Perrsurker with Clear Amulet and Iron Head/Sunny Day/Amnesia/Swords Dance. Intelleon uses the ability/stat boost remover fairly early on in the timer so using Amnesia and Swords Dance works like a charm. Even in the raids I lost it never fainted once, it was always someone else using something dumb(worst was someone using a Kilowattrel that just kept dying right after it was sent out so it was the fastest I have ever seen the timer in a 7-star raid go down)

Tracing or stealing Shell Armor from Samurott was pretty good. Tracing or stealing Flash Fire from Typhlosion? Also pretty good. Now with Inteleon though, it has Sniper, and getting that ability for yourself isn't nearly so helpful.

What if we didn't copy it, though? What if we just...took inspiration from it, see. Inteleon has its own way of enjoying criticals, and I have mine. But since my way involves getting to solo the raid with a Certified Meme Set™, I'd say it's well worth it.

:sm/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Merciless
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 166 SpA / 92 SpD
- Acid Spray
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover
- Stockpile

Start by spamming Acid Spray not because it does much at this point, but because it's the most expendable move, with the highest PP supply, and it gets the snow turns over with sooner. Inteleon's preferred damaging reply is Blizzard, because by envelope math, 110 STAB resisted equals 82.5, which beats out the straight-up 80 from Dark Pulse. More often than not, though, it's going to waste a few turns using Tearful Look at the start, which will be inconsequential. However, if the damage does start to add up on Toxapex, try to deploy Recover around half health so you can get full value out of its limited PP supply. A max roll critical Blizzard deals 130 with this EV build (and it would take a whopping 20 extra EVs in SpD just to knock it down to 129), so you can be aware of the danger zone even though Blizzard has only the standard 1/24 rate, not the elevated rate of Snipe Shot which Inteleon isn't going to use in your lane.

Once the wipe happens, that's your cue to set up all 3 Stockpiles. It's important not to use any before then, because of how the move works--any previous stat boosts will be wiped, but the stockpile count won't, and the cap on that count will prevent you from getting any more boosts. By this point, the Mist has expired, so you can go back to Acid Spray and start getting stat drops from them.

After the SpD stats on both sides have been changed to their maximum extent, Toxapex is ready to become the offensive weapon it always wanted to be! Spam Sludge Bomb until you fish for the poison, then spam it some more. As always, dropping down close to half health is the cue to use Recover again and stay safe. It's possible to change the order so that you Sludge Bomb first, then start getting the stat drops with Acid Spray, but I wouldn't recommend this unless you have a Bellibolt teammate or something, where they threaten to get a paralyze with Discharge which would spoil the whole raid--the reason being that the extra "Critical hit!" messages while you're using low-power moves waste time, and possibly reduce the number of turns that fit in the time limit. Note that if you successfully fish for a poison during "phase 1" of the raid, even though there are no negwipes anywhere in Inteleon's script, the act of putting up the shield will automatically erase any status condition on the boss and you'll have to re-inflict it, spending more PP in the process.

Once Inteleon is poisoned, all remaining Sludge Bombs of course have guaranteed criticals thanks to Merciless, and criticals mean you ignore all those Tearful Looks, getting a -0 vs. -6 hit. Wherever the threshold for breaking the shield is, try to envision 10% of the health bar above that (for comparison, the shield takes up 30% of the health once it's created, so the lower third of that), and once the boss's health drops below that point, it's time to charge: Start by recovering up to full health, then put up a red cheer, and now you can finally click tera on another Sludge Bomb, which should do enough damage to break the shield. After tera, you'll lose your resistance to Blizzard, which is why the Recover immediately beforehand. Then, once the shield breaks, you get a one-turn reprieve where Inteleon will not act (except perhaps for scripted actions, such as the renewal of snow and Mist, which you're long past caring about by now), so you get a big chunk of damage in for free. Two more Sludge Bombs after that should be enough damage to win--hopefully you don't face anything like double criticals on an unboosted move before you can get there, or if you do that there's at least enough time to cope with the drain and get off another attack.

I finally managed to beat Inteleon (Ice-Tera) solo with an unusual mon: Gholdengo
1682725147340.png

Gholdengo @ Shell Bell
Level: 100
Timid Nature
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

Here's the strategy that I used:
  • Turn 1 - Use Nasty Plot
  • Turn 2 - If Inteleon uses Tearful Look on Turn 1, then use Nasty Plot. However, if Inteleon uses Dark Pulse on Turn 1, then attack with Make it Rain to heal off the damage with Shell Bell.
  • Turn 3 - Attack with Make it Rain again. After Turn 3, it's likely that Inteleon will faint Gholdengo thanks to Dark Pulse. Gholdengo stat buffs would return to normal once revived.
  • Turn 4 - When Gholdengo is revived, use Shadow Ball so that it can then Tera into Steel the next turn. Make it Rain is illadvised because Gholdengo would need to set up more Nasty Plot turns to +6.
  • Turn 5-7 - Tera into Steel and keep using Nasty Plot until it increases to +6. If Gholdengo is running at low health, use Recover to heal off the damage.
  • Turn 8-End - Spam Make it Rain until Inteleon is defeated.
I chose Gholdengo because I realise Good as Gold would make Gholdengo immune to Inteleon's Tearful Look.

A more optimised EV spread for specifically this raid can be as follows:
EVs: 252 SpA / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature

I should mention that without a Speed boosting nature, Gholdengo would never outspeed Inteleon, so it can't use a Modest Nature.

I made a Kingambit (iron head/sd/snarl/thunder wave)...and then gave the wrong item. Clear Amulet instead of Shell Bell or Covert Cloak

but that's okay because i was supported by a support Perrserker & 2 Anihilapes (w/ Defiant & Sunny Day, of course).
We cleared it first try. Literally only had one death, Perrserker died at some point.
Inteleon only did Snipe Shot like twice, and Blizzard like thrice and missed me twice and the one time I did take damage it did nothing. No one got crit or frozen (well, the Perrserker might have).

put it in a luxury ball

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I can attest that Frosmoth (a few posted ITT already) is a nifty unkillable support mon for random Inteleon raids. Yeah, you can go Blissey too, if you want unkillable — but where’s the creativity in that? I repurposed the unsuccessful Frosmoth I made for the Greninja raid, and I’m happy to see it put in some work here in this raid.

:sv/frosmoth:
Frosmoth @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Scales
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk
- Struggle Bug
- Defog
- Light Screen
- Quiver Dance

Turn 1 Defog then Turn 2 Light Screen to help the team. After that you can start Struggle Bugging to lower the boss SpAtk. After the first buff reset, I usually Quiver Dance to get faster than Inteleon and also further boost my SpDef to make myself even more durable. The SpAtk boost from QD is negligible because the number of Tearful Looks this ice bug eats is insane! I think the AI knows how stupid it is to attack Frosmoth and so it spams TL a lot.

Refresh Light Screen when it runs out, and also Defog again after the second scripted Mist right after the shield drops. You can then resume Struggle Bug to keep Inteleon’s attacks in check. You also will have plenty of free turns to help teammates with cheers, usually Heal Up for the many crit victims out there.

Since Frosmoth really isn’t doing any real damage, you could adjust the EV’s and nature to go max SpDef. But tbh with this build that I adjusted from a previous Frosmoth I had, I have never come anywhere close to worrying about fainting. In fact, in 8-10 rando raids with this, I have never seen it in yellow health, and rarely does it go below 75% HP. But yeah, if I was building it from scratch, I’d probably make it Calm with 252 SpDef.

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Quaquaval @ Shell Bell
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Step
- Brick Break
- Roost

one of my friends who I was tagging along with for this raid gave up on using Iron Hands after a few mediocre at best performances in our first few attempts at Inteleon. Since Inteleon curiously misses out on Air Slash for this raid, Water/Fighting is a natural counter to it, so they trained up a Quaquaval in around 20 minutes with the notion that with Roost and bulk investment, it can pretty much never die as long as you don't get crit a bunch, and with SD to boost its Attack, boosted Brick Breaks will start doing a lot of damage over time, especially with help from others. If you want more immediate power, Close Combat > Aqua Step with a Fighting Tera is probably better, but we valued having something that resisted everything Inteleon could throw at it with recovery to boot, and it was invaluable in helping us beat it and farm it for the night.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can attest that Frosmoth (a few posted ITT already) is a nifty unkillable support mon for random Inteleon raids. Yeah, you can go Blissey too, if you want unkillable — but where’s the creativity in that? I repurposed the unsuccessful Frosmoth I made for the Greninja raid, and I’m happy to see it put in some work here in this raid.

:sv/frosmoth:
Frosmoth @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Scales
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk
- Struggle Bug
- Defog
- Light Screen
- Quiver Dance

Turn 1 Defog then Turn 2 Light Screen to help the team. After that you can start Struggle Bugging to lower the boss SpAtk. After the first buff reset, I usually Quiver Dance to get faster than Inteleon and also further boost my SpDef to make myself even more durable. The SpAtk boost from QD is negligible because the number of Tearful Looks this ice bug eats is insane! I think the AI knows how stupid it is to attack Frosmoth and so it spams TL a lot.

Refresh Light Screen when it runs out, and also Defog again after the second scripted Mist right after the shield drops. You can then resume Struggle Bug to keep Inteleon’s attacks in check. You also will have plenty of free turns to help teammates with cheers, usually Heal Up for the many crit victims out there.

Since Frosmoth really isn’t doing any real damage, you could adjust the EV’s and nature to go max SpDef. But tbh with this build that I adjusted from a previous Frosmoth I had, I have never come anywhere close to worrying about fainting. In fact, in 8-10 rando raids with this, I have never seen it in yellow health, and rarely does it go below 75% HP. But yeah, if I was building it from scratch, I’d probably make it Calm with 252 SpDef.
What about Clear Amulet then Doug? Maybe you could get in real damage

Hated this rotten salamander so much. Tried Kingambit solo, struggled because it just kept repeatedly using Snipe Shot. Didn’t score crits, luckily, but it just relentlessly used it. Didn’t see Tearful Look / Dark Pulse once and only saw Blizzard twice.

Second time online with randoms got me there though. Luckily someone brought support Umbreon and that helped me / two Iron Hands breakthrough.

Lure Ball Sobble ✔

Corviknight’s easily my favorite support for this raid:

:Corviknight:
Corviknight @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpD / 228 Spe or 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef
Jolly / Careful Nature
- Defog
- Screech
- Sunny Day / Scary Face / Light Screen
- Iron Head

Defog removing Mist not only lets you use Screech, but Inteleon will debuff itself with Tearful Look thanks to Mirror Armor. I’ve had it use TL 3 times in a row and it just wouldn’t learn that its actions had consequences. Even without investment, Iron Head after a Screech or two does decent damage especially after Tera, which also gives you an Ice resistance. Speed outpaces Inteleon, but just watch out for Blizzard crits. Since a lot of people run Sunny Day, you could opt for something like Scary Face in that slot instead and Max SpDef, since you only really need one Screech with all of the Belly Drum Iron Hands and Defiant Annihilape/Kingambit running around.

Last edited:

Corviknight @ Covert Cloak / Wide Lens
Jolly / Careful Nature
- Defog
- Screech
- Sunny Day / Scary Face
- Iron Head

Defog removing Mist not only lets you use Screech, but Inteleon will debuff itself with Tearful Look thanks to Mirror Armor. I’ve had it use TL 3 times in a row and it just wouldn’t learn that its actions had consequences. Even without investment, Iron Head after a Screech or two does decent damage especially after Tera, which also gives you an Ice resistance. Speed outpaces Inteleon, but just watch out for Blizzard crits. Since a lot of people run Sunny Day, you could opt for something like Scary Face in that slot instead and Max SpDef, since you only really need one Screech with all of the Belly Drum Iron Hands and Defiant Annihilape/Kingambit running around.
Considering that you get -1 evasion from Defog, Wide Lens isn't needed. It might also be worth considering Light Screen as an option in the set.

Quaquaval @ Shell Bell
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Step
- Brick Break
- Roost

one of my friends who I was tagging along with for this raid gave up on using Iron Hands after a few mediocre at best performances in our first few attempts at Inteleon. Since Inteleon curiously misses out on Air Slash for this raid, Water/Fighting is a natural counter to it, so they trained up a Quaquaval in around 20 minutes with the notion that with Roost and bulk investment, it can pretty much never die as long as you don't get crit a bunch, and with SD to boost its Attack, boosted Brick Breaks will start doing a lot of damage over time, especially with help from others. If you want more immediate power, Close Combat > Aqua Step with a Fighting Tera is probably better, but we valued having something that resisted everything Inteleon could throw at it with recovery to boot, and it was invaluable in helping us beat it and farm it for the night.
I'd go for max Sp Def instead. Considering Inteleon only has special moves it'll give you an easier time to survive.

0+ SpA Sniper Tera Ice Inteleon Snipe Shot vs. 252 HP / 6 SpD Quaquaval on a critical hit: 162-192 (43.3 - 51.3%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO
0+ SpA Sniper Tera Ice Inteleon Snipe Shot vs. 6 HP / 252 SpD Quaquaval on a critical hit: 121-144 (38.7 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Also there's really no need for that speed. 1 Aqua Step is enough to make Quaquaval faster.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Corviknight @ Covert Cloak
Jolly / Careful Nature
- Defog
- Screech
- Sunny Day / Scary Face / Light Screen
- Iron Head

I just used this Corviknight a few times, as suggested by Vengeance417, and I really like it. It is amazing to watch how often Inteleon spams Tearful Look against Mirror Armor! It uses it so much, that most of the time I get the "can't go any lower" message for Inteleon's attacking stats lol. I'm running Careful max SpDef on Corv, and I have Hone Claws as the 4th move. It helps beef up Corv's DPS and mitigates the problem of Tearful Look being used on the one turn where Corv's Mirror Armor ability has been wiped. Also Hone Claws solves this little interesting mechanic I think I have deciphered:

Considering that you get -1 evasion from Defog, Wide Lens isn't needed. It might also be worth considering Light Screen as an option in the set.
In using Defog on both Frosmoth and Corviknight, I was perplexed because every time I use Defog on turn 1, I get the "Inteleon is protected by mist" message, immediately followed by the "The opposing team is no longer protected by mist" message. I was confused by it, but really didn't pay it much attention at first. But then in one battle, my Corviknight missed its Screech right after the Defog, and I realized what was happening with Defog. I think Defog applies the -1 Evasion debuff effect BEFORE it applies the field condition removal effect. That's why you see the "protected by mist" message and "no longer protected" message in quick succession. The Mist is preventing the -1 Evasion debuff right before the Mist is actually removed by Defog!

By running Hone Claws on Corviknight, you can guarantee your Screeches hit later in battle. Although it probably won't help you land Screeches in the early battle, because the shield usually goes up pretty quickly and I like to get in a Screech before that happens. So I fire off a Screech right after the Defog, even though it's not 100% accurate.

In using Defog on both Frosmoth and Corviknight, I was perplexed because every time I use Defog on turn 1, I get the "Inteleon is protected by mist" message, immediately followed by the "The opposing team is no longer protected by mist" message. I was confused by it, but really didn't pay it much attention at first. But then in one battle, my Corviknight missed its Screech right after the Defog, and I realized what was happening with Defog. I think Defog applies the -1 Evasion debuff effect BEFORE it applies the field condition removal effect. That's why you see the "protected by mist" message and "no longer protected" message in quick succession. The Mist is preventing the -1 Evasion debuff right before the Mist is actually removed by Defog!
Funnily, isn't this probably the same reason for which Gholdengo's ability blocks Defog?

Funnily, isn't this probably the same reason for which Gholdengo's ability blocks Defog?
Good As Gold would likely still block it entirely if it was "flipped" (removes field effects -> lowers evasion), because it's still a status move that directly effects Gholdengo. I think for Defog to get past Good as Gold it'd probably need to be a pure field effect removal attack.

I just used this Corviknight a few times, as suggested by Vengeance417, and I really like it. It is amazing to watch how often Inteleon spams Tearful Look against Mirror Armor! It uses it so much, that most of the time I get the "can't go any lower" message for Inteleon's attacking stats lol. I'm running Careful max SpDef on Corv, and I have Hone Claws as the 4th move. It helps beef up Corv's DPS and mitigates the problem of Tearful Look being used on the one turn where Corv's Mirror Armor ability has been wiped. Also Hone Claws solves this little interesting mechanic I think I have deciphered:

By running Hone Claws on Corviknight, you can guarantee your Screeches hit later in battle. Although it probably won't help you land Screeches in the early battle, because the shield usually goes up pretty quickly and I like to get in a Screech before that happens. So I fire off a Screech right after the Defog, even though it's not 100% accurate.
I never thought about that lmao, nice find!

Hone Claws is a good 4th slot move. Sometimes, I just miss having Sunny Day when other supports don’t run it, hence why I usually just default to that and let the big DPS mons do the damage.

Not creative at all, but it was really easy to farm this one online with a support Blissey. Didn't even bother with any EV investments.

Sunny Day, Helping Hand, Light Screen, Life Dew and wait for Annihilapes to join the party. If you get 2 or 3 people who know what they are doing it would usually clear the raid with half the timer bar still up. Iron Hands and Kingambit were fine for partners as well, just took a little longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)