April 7* Raid Part 3: Inteleon (Ice Tera)

Sucks Cloyster has such awful special defense, it's got it all

Crit immunity because of Shell Armor
Resists stab water, double resists stab ice
can't be frozen by blizzard (or ice beam)
rock blast for SE damage

Alas, even with Light Screen, Inteleon would likely just break through easily and it will probably have Dark Pulse to make that an even easier task

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but Tearful Look could be extremely annoying too. Lowers Attack and Special Attack by one stage each. I think auto Snowscape with Blizzard spam is the most likely option for the Ice stab but let's not rule out Ice Beam, which is still gonna hit hard coming off of STAB + 125 base Special Attack and doesn't need Snow to be reliable.

Secondary effects are very much going to be a problem for anyone that doesn't bring Covert Cloak to this raid. Flinching with Air Slash and Dark Pulse, freeze with Blizzard and Ice Beam, Speed reduction with Icy Wind, and Sp Def reduction with Shadow Ball if it for some reason decides to run that lol. Sadly, Covert Cloak doesn't stop crits, so the only way to prevent those is with Shell Armor.

:xy/frosmoth:
Frosmoth @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Ice Scales
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Struggle Bug
- Tera Blast
- Giga Drain

Not sure how viable this is since no Roost, but Frosmoth seems to be a really good answer even with no Special Defense investiment thanks to Ice Scales. Assuming Inteleon will be Timid, after 1 Quiver Dance you can outspeed it and this is how much you're taking from its attacks:

0 SpA Tera Ice Inteleon Snipe Shot vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth on a critical hit: 85-101 (24.7 - 29.3%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
0 SpA Tera Ice Inteleon Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 72-85 (20.9 - 24.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
0 SpA Tera Ice Inteleon Air Slash vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 48-57 (13.9 - 16.5%) -- possible 7HKO

180 SpA Frosmoth Tera Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ice Inteleon: 114-135 (40.5 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 180 SpA Frosmoth Tera Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ice Inteleon: 171-202 (60.8 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ok, so I checked how much damage Inteleon could do to an HP invested Samurott with the strongest non stab Physical/Special move in its arsenal outside of Hyper Beam and Giga Impact (and let's face it, he won't have either) and these are the results I got.

0+ Atk Tera Ice Inteleon Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Samurott: 87-103 (22 - 26.1%) -- 5.5% chance to 4HKO
0+ SpA Tera Ice Inteleon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 6 SpD Samurott: 102-121 (25.8 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

So yeah, without any buffs none of his attacks can even 2 shot Samurott, let alone 3. The best part is that since the Samurott was from a 7 star raid it's already perfect in terms of IVs and you don't even need to use an Ability Patch since it already has Shell Armor. The only bad thing that could happen aside from Inteleon buffing himself is constantly flinching you, So you may want to give Samurott Bulldoze.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but Tearful Look could be extremely annoying too. Lowers Attack and Special Attack by one stage each. I think auto Snowscape with Blizzard spam is the most likely option for the Ice stab but let's not rule out Ice Beam, which is still gonna hit hard coming off of STAB + 125 base Special Attack and doesn't need Snow to be reliable.

Secondary effects are very much going to be a problem for anyone that doesn't bring Covert Cloak to this raid. Flinching with Air Slash and Dark Pulse, freeze with Blizzard and Ice Beam, Speed reduction with Icy Wind, and Sp Def reduction with Shadow Ball if it for some reason decides to run that lol. Sadly, Covert Cloak doesn't stop crits, so the only way to prevent those is with Shell Armor.

:xy/frosmoth:
Frosmoth @ Covert Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Struggle Bug
- Tera Blast
- Giga Drain

Not sure how viable this is since no Roost, but Frosmoth seems to be a really good answer even with no Special Defense investiment thanks to Ice Scales. Assuming Inteleon will be Timid, after 1 Quiver Dance you can outspeed it and this is how much you're taking from its attacks:

0 SpA Tera Ice Inteleon Snipe Shot vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth on a critical hit: 85-101 (24.7 - 29.3%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
0 SpA Tera Ice Inteleon Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 72-85 (20.9 - 24.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
0 SpA Tera Ice Inteleon Air Slash vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth: 48-57 (13.9 - 16.5%) -- possible 7HKO

180 SpA Frosmoth Tera Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ice Inteleon: 114-135 (40.5 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 180 SpA Frosmoth Tera Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ice Inteleon: 171-202 (60.8 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
A few things:

You forgot to take into account Sniper, with the calcs looking more like this:

0 SpA Sniper Tera Ice Inteleon Snipe Shot vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth on a critical hit: 128-151 (37.2 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Sniper Tera Ice Inteleon Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth on a critical hit: 160-190 (46.5 - 55.2%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

Max SpDef rather than max HP will also do you better:

0 SpA Sniper Tera Ice Inteleon Snipe Shot vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth on a critical hit: 100-118 (35.5 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Sniper Tera Ice Inteleon Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Ice Scales Frosmoth on a critical hit: 126-148 (44.8 - 52.6%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO

I'd also recommend a Modest nature w/ 108 SpA and 148 Speed. You hit the same speed-tier, but you get a whopping 11 points more toward your SpA. Giga Drain will barely heal you at all, tbh. Better to just use Heal Cheers or play alongside a Life Dew user or something, and run a team-support move. Final set would look like this:

Frosmoth @ Covert Cloak
EVs: 108 SpA / 252 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Struggle Bug
- Tera Blast
- Light Screen / Mist

Light Screen helps your allies and boosts their SpDef along with yours, but another unexplored option is Mist. This will protect your team from stat drops if it's running any moves that do so.

Similar to my Flutter Mane set, I see this as a more offensive support set, as you don't do a whole lot of damage, but you do provide nice support while doing something to the shield after you Tera. Kinda requires you to QD a few times to do ok shield damage, though. This'd be baller alongside Fake Tears / Acid Spray.

+3 108+ SpA Tera Steel Frosmoth Tera Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ice Inteleon: 890-1050 (10.5 - 12.4% of 30x hp boss) -- possible 9HKO

+3 108+ SpA Tera Steel Frosmoth Tera Blast vs. -6 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ice Inteleon: 3596-4232 (42.6 - 50.2% of 30x hp boss) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Edit:

I think a full support Frosmoth could be kinda neat for this raid, actually.

Frosmoth @ Covert Cloak
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD or 108 HP / 252 SpDef / 148 Spe if Pounce
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Mist / Pounce
- Struggle Bug
- Helping Hand

I mentioned both Light Screen and Mist. Wynaut both?

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Mist is SO funny

I just ran a super basic Kingambit and haven't had any issues.
:sv/kingambit:
Kingambit @ Shell Bell
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
-
-

You'll probably take a faint in solo (and in pubs without reasonable heal cheers), but if it dares to use Tearful Look on you, the fight's basically over. The last two moves don't actually matter; I currently have Snarl and Metal Claw (I expected to use more Iron Heads than I did LOL). Snarl won't be much help, but Thunder Wave is probably good. Inteleon is Quiet for some reason, so you'll outspeed after Thunder Wave.

I've heard a couple horror stories about Blizzard freezes, so my advice is to bring something that doesn't resist either Water or Dark, so it uses those moves instead of Blizzard. I haven't actually been crit yet, but I imagine those hurt.
edit: OW THE CRITS HURT

Last edited:
1682643180611.png

Solo Azumarill does it again, though it was quite a journey. I will not go through all the details of failed attempts, but here are general details about Inteleon I've intuited:

- Inteleon starts the battle with Mist and Snowscape to block debuffs and allow for perfect Blizzards. It will also refresh these two field effects about after the shield goes down, which will use valuable animation time.
- About the time 5 turns in for me (right before Snow and Mist could go down), it goes for a spread scripted Blizzard and resets the party's buffs, and puts up its shield soon afterwards.
- It doesn't seem to reset its own buffs at any time because of the Mists, so take advantage of the potential to debuff in between Mists.
- Crits hurt.

1682643177549.png

(The AI sent its regards with Intimidate and Energy Ball.)

Now for my personal victory log:
My final moveset involved Covert Cloak with Mud-Slap, Play Rough (x Fairy Tera), Amnesia, and Belly Drum. The addition of Covert Cloak was after getting harsh freeze RNG and trying out Rollout in vain hopes it would be an easy victory like I had heard of against Samurott, and Amnesia in the hopes that I could still survive to Rollout, but in the end it boiled down to setting up and just dealing raw tera-boosted Play Rough like the last few events.

Phase 1: From the first 5 turns, there is nothing for Azumarill to do other than bear down for Blizzards and spam Amnesia. It can also waste turns using Tearful Look which Azumarill doesn't particularly mind because Belly Drum will swing it to +6 Attack later. I even use Amnesia after +6 because I have nothing better to do with my turns and the text goes by fast.

Phase 2: A lot of things can happen here: Amnesias are reset, the spread Blizzard happens, Snow and Mist go down, and the shield goes up. Fortunately in this attempt I got to sneak an Amnesia in right after the reset before eating a Blizzard. After this I start going for Amnesia as a safety net but then mainly focus on getting my Mud-Slaps in to avoid Inteleon's long Blizzard animation, as well as its damage. In this run I ended up going for -6 and +6 in both stats at about halfway through the timer. I then went for Belly Drum to get to +6 and completely negate all the Tearful Looks that had built off, with a Heal Cheer to be safe, before starting the Play Rough onslaught.

Phase 3: The endgame begins. At this point, 2 Play Roughs with AI support (from all the SpD debuffs) took down the shield, thanks to the double effect of STAB tera's damage piercing on shields. About after the shield goes down, Inteleon decides to put its snow and mist back up (which does take up valuable animation time), which means you will be dealing with perfect accuracy Blizzards again (EDIT: as well as some increased physical Defense which may have cost a couple turns). I didn't realize this but fortunately I had already healed and fully Amnesiaed so I could deal with the Blizzards and their animation time. There is nothing else for Azumarill to do now other than spam max power Play Roughs and hope for no misses or crits, and even still it came down to the wire for the final victory.
1682643161299.png

(A sliver of health and timer.)

Overall this was a pretty tough fight to brute force with Azumarill, and this could have still gone wrong at times with a few more landed hits, and Arboliva may have been a hindrance to my time, but it goes to show Azumarill can still clutch out when it comes to it. In multiplayer I imagine weather support would be appreciated here, maybe even a Defogger to meme past Mist and maybe some debuffers as they can stick pretty well when you get them up, but I do not plan to take that on for a while. For now I will just be satisfied with Azumarill's victory over this cold blooded lizard that tried to deny me my Mud-Slaps.

1682644006575.png

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering whether the Samurott set would be useful solo to take down Inteleon:

Samurott @ Shell Bell
Ability: Shell Armor
Tera Type: Fighting
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Encore

I can't lower Inteleon's stats because of Mist. However, I thought Samurott would be a better mon, thanks to its resistance to Snipe Shot and Blizzard and has good bulk.
Also, it has Sacred Sword, which would ignore Inteleon's raised defenses from Snowscape thanks to Inteleon's typing.

Taunt could be used to stop Inteleon from using Tearful Look, whilst Encore may force Inteleon to use Snowscape (though I'm not sure on how effective the strategy is).

If there are any comments on how I can improve my Samurott set, please let me know.

Hi, I was wondering whether the Samurott set would be useful solo to take down Inteleon:

Samurott @ Shell Bell
Ability: Shell Armor
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Encore

I can't lower Inteleon's stats because of Mist. However, I thought Samurott would be a better mon, thanks to its resistance to Snipe Shot and Blizzard and has good bulk.
Also, it has Sacred Sword, which would ignore Inteleon's raised defenses from Snowscape thanks to Inteleon's typing.

Taunt could be used to stop Inteleon from using Tearful Look, whilst Encore may force Inteleon to use Snowscape (though I'm not sure on how effective the strategy is).

If there are any comments on how I can improve my Samurott set, please let me know.
In general I would note that Sacred Sword only ignores visible stat changes and not the Ice in Snow Defense buff, and raid bosses are immune to Encore in general.

In general I would note that Sacred Sword only ignores visible stat changes and not the Ice in Snow Defense buff, and raid bosses are immune to Encore in general.

Thanks for your feedback.
It is a shame that Sacred Sword doesn't ignore the Snow Defense Buff.
I chose Encore because I didn't really know on what other moves Samurott would want against Inteleon.

View attachment 511956
Solo Azumarill does it again, though it was quite a journey. I will not go through all the details of failed attempts, but here are general details about Inteleon I've intuited:

- Inteleon starts the battle with Mist and Snowscape to block debuffs and allow for perfect Blizzards. It will also refresh these two field effects about after the shield goes down, which will use valuable animation time.
- About the time 5 turns in for me (right before Snow and Mist could go down), it goes for a spread scripted Blizzard and resets the party's buffs, and puts up its shield soon afterwards.
- It doesn't seem to reset its own buffs at any time because of the Mists, so take advantage of the potential to debuff in between Mists.
- Crits hurt.

View attachment 511955
(The AI sent its regards with Intimidate and Energy Ball.)

Now for my personal victory log:
My final moveset involved Covert Cloak with Mud-Slap, Play Rough (x Fairy Tera), Amnesia, and Belly Drum. The addition of Covert Cloak was after getting harsh freeze RNG and trying out Rollout in vain hopes it would be an easy victory like I had heard of against Samurott, and Amnesia in the hopes that I could still survive to Rollout, but in the end it boiled down to setting up and just dealing raw tera-boosted Play Rough like the last few events.

Phase 1: From the first 5 turns, there is nothing for Azumarill to do other than bear down for Blizzards and spam Amnesia. It can also waste turns using Tearful Look which Azumarill doesn't particularly mind because Belly Drum will swing it to +6 Attack later. I even use Amnesia after +6 because I have nothing better to do with my turns and the text goes by fast.

Phase 2: A lot of things can happen here: Amnesias are reset, the spread Blizzard happens, Snow and Mist go down, and the shield goes up. Fortunately in this attempt I got to sneak an Amnesia in right after the reset before eating a Blizzard. After this I start going for Amnesia as a safety net but then mainly focus on getting my Mud-Slaps in to avoid Inteleon's long Blizzard animation, as well as its damage. In this run I ended up going for -6 and +6 in both stats at about halfway through the timer. I then went for Belly Drum to get to +6 and completely negate all the Tearful Looks that had built off, with a Heal Cheer to be safe, before starting the Play Rough onslaught.

Phase 3: The endgame begins. At this point, 2 Play Roughs with AI support (from all the SpD debuffs) took down the shield, thanks to the double effect of STAB tera's damage piercing on shields. About after the shield goes down, Inteleon decides to put its snow and mist back up (which does take up valuable animation time), which means you will be dealing with perfect accuracy Blizzards again (EDIT: as well as some increased physical Defense which may have cost a couple turns). I didn't realize this but fortunately I had already healed and fully Amnesiaed so I could deal with the Blizzards and their animation time. There is nothing else for Azumarill to do now other than spam max power Play Roughs and hope for no misses or crits, and even still it came down to the wire for the final victory.
View attachment 511954
(A sliver of health and timer.)

Overall this was a pretty tough fight to brute force with Azumarill, and this could have still gone wrong at times with a few more landed hits, and Arboliva may have been a hindrance to my time, but it goes to show Azumarill can still clutch out when it comes to it. In multiplayer I imagine weather support would be appreciated here, maybe even a Defogger to meme past Mist and maybe some debuffers as they can stick pretty well when you get them up, but I do not plan to take that on for a while. For now I will just be satisfied with Azumarill's victory over this cold blooded lizard that tried to deny me my Mud-Slaps.

View attachment 511957
Instead of Mud-Slap, try Aqua Ring to give you something productive to do turn 1 (effectively dual-wielding Leftovers + Cloak) and don't take another turn until you get the wipe, so your boosts will actually stick after that. Brick Break is also slightly more damaging than Play Rough (when not taking tera into account), and doesn't have the miss chance, but I find Azumarill might not want to tera anyway because with its native types it resists everything Inteleon has, and at +6 the Aqua Ring completely negates the typical damage of Blizzard. Another option is to use Rollout as the attack, which does bring back the miss chance, but in exchange your next four turns will all get to execute immediately with no menu navigation, and if you do get to turn 5, the damage is a lot higher.

Bulldoze would help you outspeed.
I was thinking of Bulldoze.
However, Inteleon has Mist (and it will use it on Turn 0), meaning that its speed will not be lowered.
That being said, when Inteleon's Mist is no longer active, I only need to use it once, and then everything will be fine.

Thank you Vengeance417 for letting me know.

Shame Poliwag isn't in the game. Poliwrath resists all of Inteleon's moves, has Water Absorb so no crit Snipe Shots besides the turns he removes your buffs, and even then

0+ SpA Tera Ice Inteleon Snipe Shot vs. 6 HP / 252 SpD Poliwrath on a critical hit: 72-86 (22.3 - 26.7%) -- 25.5% chance to 4HKO.

Plus he also has Belly Drum and Drain Punch, so this would probably be one of the few times that item that protects you from stat drops would be nice. Alas, he's nowhere to be seen.

Just barely managed to solo after a couple tries with SpD Kingambit, similar to ArcticBlast above. It's really RNG how many painful Snipe Shot crits you take, in my successful run I took zero Snipe Shot crits (but one Blizzard crit lol):

:kingambit:
Kingambit @ Shell Bell
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Snarl
- Thunder Wave

Used Thunder Wave turn 1, Inteleon used Tearful Look and got me to +3. Set up another Swords Dance before proceeding to spam Iron Head, while Inteleon almost entirely used Snipe Shot the rest of the time with two scripted Blizzards. Once Mist went down, I got a Snarl in to weaken the Snipe Shots. Otherwise it was rather straightforward, as I said it really came down to how many crits it got on me. Never even fainted during the successful run. NPC Garganacl helped with Rock Tomb keeping Inteleon's speed down during the shield, and full paralysis turns feel nice when it's not you.

EDIT: thicc support set

:blissey:
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure / Healer
Tera Type: Water (doesn't really matter)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Life Dew
- Skill Swap
- Sunny Day
- Light Screen

Successfully helped teams with this full support blob, Skill Swap turn 1 to take away Sniper, then set Light Screen and Sunny Day before proceeding to spam Life Dew or cheers. Don't forget to keep the sun and screen up!

Last edited:
For my support Blissey, I use Helping Hand instead of Skill Swap, because Healer has value of its own without getting swapped away--in case one of your teammates gets frozen, you get a chance to thaw them for free during end-of-turn effects without needing anyone to use a heal cheer.

More recently, though, I've settled on this as my main supporter:

:xy/spiritomb:
Spiritomb @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: you know the drill
- Snarl
- Sunny Day
- Rock Tomb
- Helping Hand

Infiltrator, in addition to bypassing screens and substitute, also bypasses Mist, which means you can spam your stat-drop moves from the opening bell. No need to use Defog first, or to wait 5 turns for them to run out naturally. (However, if one of your teammates goes down anyway and drains clock to bring up the shield and ability wipe, you'll lose Infiltrator for one turn, and that's probably a good time to set Sunny Day if anyone on the team benefits from it.) Those Snarls also have the benefit of building tera charge, allowing you to play that card purely for defense, to resist the parade of Blizzards. If anyone else brings Light Screen, your Snarls will be cumulative with that as far as boosting the team's durability. Since this raid never uses a negwipe, those stat drops are also going to last to the very end--they never need to be refreshed like screens. Rock Tomb can also be helpful in case some of your teammates (mainly Drain Punch users like Annihilape) didn't bother speed-creeping past 248 to allow them to safely use a move even at low health. There's no means of recovery here except heal cheers, but hopefully with as much as you neuter down Inteleon's offense, and with a bunch of turns being essentially wasted on Tearful Look, that should be enough to last.

Last edited:
How would Iron Hands fair in this? Not that I'll be using him since Scarlet is my preferred version and I'll only do version exclusive events for Violet like Iron Leaves, I'm just curious.

For my support Blissey, I use Helping Hand instead of Skill Swap, because Healer has value of its own without getting swapped away--in case one of your teammates gets frozen, you get a chance to thaw them for free during end-of-turn effects without needing anyone to use a heal cheer.
Pokemon can’t become frozen if sun is up, though an already-frozen pokemon won’t thaw just because sun is set. So long as you can keep the sun up, Healer shouldn’t be necessary.

How would Iron Hands fair in this? Not that I'll be using him since Scarlet is my preferred version and I'll only do version exclusive events for Violet like Iron Leaves, I'm just curious.
I happened to join into a group that already had a support Blissey locked in, plus two Miraidons, so I picked my Iron Hands. Even though mine wasn’t properly invested, and Iron Hands and the Miraidons initially had some trouble with Blizzards, Blissey really came through and enabled us to defeat it. I used the standard max HP /Atk Belly Drum set, a SpD set might work better.

Just barely managed to solo after a couple tries with SpD Kingambit, similar to ArcticBlast above. It's really RNG how many painful Snipe Shot crits you take, in my successful run I took zero Snipe Shot crits (but one Blizzard crit lol):

:kingambit:
Kingambit @ Shell Bell
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Snarl
- Thunder Wave

Used Thunder Wave turn 1, Inteleon used Tearful Look and got me to +3. Set up another Swords Dance before proceeding to spam Iron Head, while Inteleon almost entirely used Snipe Shot the rest of the time with two scripted Blizzards. Once Mist went down, I got a Snarl in to weaken the Snipe Shots. Otherwise it was rather straightforward, as I said it really came down to how many crits it got on me. Never even fainted during the successful run. NPC Garganacl helped with Rock Tomb keeping Inteleon's speed down during the shield, and full paralysis turns feel nice when it's not you.

EDIT: thicc support set

:blissey:
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure / Healer
Tera Type: Water (doesn't really matter)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Life Dew
- Skill Swap
- Sunny Day
- Light Screen

Successfully helped teams with this full support blob, Skill Swap turn 1 to take away Sniper, then set Light Screen and Sunny Day before proceeding to spam Life Dew or cheers. Don't forget to keep the sun and screen up!
My sister and I teamed up locally with this duo, replacing Life Dew with Heal Pulse, Light Screen with Helping Hand, and Skill Swap with a useless Tail Whip because I thought partners could trigger Defiant boosts lol whoops. Didn't matter though because we cleared it on the first try. This post and the previous one about Kingambit helped a lot. My Kingambit didn't use Snarl or Thunder Wave.

I think Blissey optimally has Sunny Day, Helping Hand, Life Dew AND Heal Pulse, just to handle different healing scenarios. We didn't attack cheer much because I don't know how long it lasts, but stacking that with Helping Hand and +6 Iron Head helps get to the end quicker. We had maybe 30% of the time bar left.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Another boss bites the dust to Covert Cloak Stored Power Vaporeon. I didn’t even change the EVs from the Greninja raid despite having 200 DEF EVs for Gren’s Night Slash. Super super easy win. (Though not fast)

Sad for Inteleon that it’s just an inferior Greninja in competitive, and I guess that don’t change as a Tera Boss lol.

Ok, can I just say I absolutely loathe the timer with a burning passion. There is not a single second where it isn't counting down. Stat changes? Screw that (and it's even worse since Inteleon has a move that lowers 2 of your stats, and if you're using a Defiant Pokemon... Oh Arceus have mercy). Healing? Hope you don't have Arboliva as an ally. TERASTALLIZING?!?! Yeah, good idea having the timer count down during the longest animation ever. And these crit Snipe Shots are really starting to annoy me. I would use Clodsire, but he is still weak to ice. This wouldn't be such a problem if Poliwhirl was in the game, Poliwrath would've made this so easy. No Snipe Shots outside the turns he disables abilities (and even then with a crit it's not even a 3 shot) and resists the other 2 moves on top of having Belly Drum and Drain Punch.

(Edit) Uggghhh, finally. Without a doubt, possibly my least favorite one so far. Literally the only reason I won was because he only got 1 crit on Kingambit, so I had to pray that after my Kingambit's next Iron Head he wouldn't crit with Snipe Shot. Turns out I got an even better deal out of it, full paralysis. Then after that all I had to do was press Iron Head one more time. You know, I find it quite strange how the raid that was all about critical hits gave me much less of a hassle than the one where the Pokemon had only 1 crit move that wasn't even super effective. I guess it was a combination of Tauros having high Phys Def along with Sunny Day, which caused Samurott to resort to using Drill Run which, while super effective, wasn't stab.

Last edited:
For online with randoms, I have been successfully using a specially defensive Walking Wake that I also used for the Typhlosion event raid:

Walking Wake @ Clear Amulet
Calm: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 6 Sp.A
Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Hydro Steam
Snarl

Even without any Speed investment you are naturally faster than Inteleon which allows you to open with Sunny Day. This not only resets Blizzard’s accuracy and prevents freezes, but also activates Protosynthesis giving you the passive Sp.Def boost to take less damage from those stray Blizzards. Because you’ll always want to keep Sunny Day up throughout the raid, you won’t need a Covert Cloak and should instead hold Clear Amulet as it will completely negate Tearful Look.

After setting up the sun at the start, you are pretty free to act as needed. You can use a Defense or Heal Cheer for the others, but if they look safe then begin using Flamethrower to build charge for Tera. The shield should be up by the time you can Tera, which will now let you resist Blizzard and will make Hydro Steam outdamage Flamethrower against the shield. Snarl can be helpful when Mist wears off, but usually you’ll be cheering or making sure Sunny Day is set up and may not find an opening to use it.

With this full defensive investment, Walking Wake takes surprisingly little damage overall from Inteleon and gives you freedom to fully support teammates that focus on dealing the damage. Just remember to always try and set up Sunny Day when it wears off to avoid letting anyone being frozen by Blizzard. If Inteleon manages to freeze a teammate, however, thawing the frozen teammate by using Flamethrower on it can be quite handy as well. I once thawed an ally Blissey that was frozen because I had to spend a turn Heal cheering instead of setting up Sunny Day when it had worn off, which I’m sure they appreciated!

Used Kingambit and first tried the thing with randoms online, including a samurott that didn't know soak doesn't do anything to terastalized Pokemon. Defiant tearful look is funny and powerful; I had tera dark instead of steel and it was still pretty effortless. All the Iron Hands immediately heal cheering turn 2 after they go down to the red T1 is pretty funny.

Honestly it's been nice having the really easy tera raids ongoing when my interest in playing SV is in the red. Glad we're not having Cinderace-tier difficulty jumps for now.

Used Kingambit to solo first try.

Some mons I’ve used online with randoms:

:Hatterene:
Hatterene (F) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nuzzle
- Helping Hand
- Light Screen
- Life Dew

Nuzzle is nice to guarantee slow Inteleon for your Iron Hands / Azumarill / etc partners, and 124 speed lets you outpace it once it’s Paralyzed. Magic Bounce blocks Tearful Look and bounces it back to Inteleon. Doesn’t matter much in the beginning but comes in clutch later after Mist wears off. It worked, but it’s extremely passive and does no damage whatsoever. Absolutely need good DPS partners.

:frosmoth:
Frosmoth @ Shell Bell
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Quiver Dance
- Struggle Bug
- Tera Blast

Similar to the Frosmoth that was posted earlier, but optimized for the revealed Inteleon set. Defog removes Mist, letting you lower its SpA with Struggle Bug. Hit that a few times, Quiver Dance, then hit it with Tera Steel Tera Blast. Preferred this over my Hatterene as it’s a support that can chip in vs the shield, but it’s still slow especially against multiple Tearful Looks.

:Annihilape:
Annihilape @ Shell Bell
EVs: 144 Atk / 232 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up

Ended up returning to monke w/ Sunny Day Annihilape. Spread is to outspeed Inteleon and not get OHKO’d by Sniper Crit Blizzard from full (it happened to me twice one match…which prompted the EV spread lmao). Like with Kingambit, Defiant comes in clutch vs Tearful Look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)