5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

For C-Gear RNGing can i use eontimer as a substitute for ZOMGtimer? because im reading a guide that uses ZOMGtimer instead of eontimer :)

I would like someone to help me gradually through the process of RNG abuse through the C-Gear without an Action Replay.

First things first, I'm going to RNG a Kyurem with nothing special, just the flawless IVs in the good stats so I can actually use it somehow. I'm doing this so I can check IVs easier, which I am doing so using Pokemon Online. If someone could help me just to understand the process, that'd be great!
Do you have any specific questions regarding the C-Gear method? What is this method of checking IVs with Pokemon Online, and what are you comparing it to when you say it's easier?

Do you have any specific questions regarding the C-Gear method? What is this method of checking IVs with Pokemon Online, and what are you comparing it to when you say it's easier?
Well it's easier to check IVs with Pokemon Online as you can bump down the level of the Pokemon you are catching, and then play around witht the IVs until they match the stats. But yeah, anyway, first time I tried, I input it's IVs into the IV finder in the Seed to Time function, and I couldn't find any combinations. Would someone be able to tell me what I was doing wrong?

Was it maybe that I was using "Wild Pokemon" as the system, or should I be using Stationary Pokemon instead?

Well it's easier to check IVs with Pokemon Online as you can bump down the level of the Pokemon you are catching, and then play around witht the IVs until they match the stats. But yeah, anyway, first time I tried, I input it's IVs into the IV finder in the Seed to Time function, and I couldn't find any combinations. Would someone be able to tell me what I was doing wrong?

Was it maybe that I was using "Wild Pokemon" as the system, or should I be using Stationary Pokemon instead?
Yes it should be Stationary Pokemon. If you still don't find the IV combinations, you could try expanding your Min/Max Frame and your Min/Max Delays. I use +/-999 for Delays and the maximum +/- 9 seconds.

Im trying to C-Gear RNG and for my iv checker i was gonna use my AR so i was wondering do i start my AR when the timer hits 0 or start the game from the AR when the timer hits 0?

For C-gear RNGing in the eontimers calibration boz do i leave it as -95 or do i change it and if i change it how do i change it?
Start with that, and then when you figure out the delay that you hit, input that # into the Delay Hit box and it'll automatically calibrate for you.

I'm doing non-c-gear RNGing and I have a question about advancing frames. Lets say I walk 128 steps with four Pokémon in my party - my frame will be advanced by 4. But what if I walk another 10 steps?

I'm doing non-c-gear RNGing and I have a question about advancing frames. Lets say I walk 128 steps with four Pokémon in my party - my frame will be advanced by 4. But what if I walk another 10 steps?
If you walk another 10 steps you risk advancing your IV frame by another 4. So it's best if you walk exactly 128 steps. However, in most cases if you go over a few it won't hurt, but it's better to be exact.

If you walk another 10 steps you risk advancing your IV frame by another 4. So it's best if you walk exactly 128 steps. However, in most cases if you go over a few it won't hurt, but it's better to be exact.
I'm gonna try to RNG a Pokémon in rustling grass, and you're never sure where the grass will shake, so that's why I'm asking. Also, can I walk 256 step with two Pokémon to advance the frame to four instead of walking 128 steps with four Pokémons in party?

Also; will max repels disturb the RNG?

I'm gonna try to RNG a Pokémon in rustling grass, and you're never sure where the grass will shake, so that's why I'm asking.

Also; will max repels disturb the RNG?
Repels don't effect RNG
As for shaking grass; you don't have to have the patch appear at 128 steps, you have to Walk into it at 128 steps

Repels don't effect RNG
As for shaking grass; you don't have to have the patch appear at 128 steps, you have to Walk into it at 128 steps
Yeah, I figure it out while I wrote this. Since shaking grasses appears at 320 steps, I'll have to do 128+128+128 (384). So I have 64 free steps to walk into the shaking grass!

Thanks all.

^ I would assume you just hit A to start(release quickly) and hold it till you normally do, before mashing A to get in game.

I'm just guessing and could be completely wrong, but I don't hold mine so I'm assuming A would work the same way.

andrea

/me cresselias
so how can you use keypress A when you have to hit the A button to start it up as well?
Turn off your ds and hold A before you turn it on with your left hand or something. Keep holding A, then use the stylus to tap the game start icon on the correct second. ;)

Still having some problem with the shaking grass. According to this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3395081&postcount=685

A shaked grass should appear after 320 steps, am I right? Well, it doesn't. When it does, I'm probably on a wrong frame (got same Pokémon/gender/nature/level/IVs, not the IVs I was expecting though).

Any ideas?
I think that's more a problem of not hitting the seed; The PIDRNG seems right, if you've got the right gender, pokemon, nater etc, but maybe the seed is off.
I'm new to RNG too, but from what I think I've learnt, It may be that (though, I won't be offended if you ignore me and get a more experienced person to help)

I think that's more a problem of not hitting the seed; The PIDRNG seems right, if you've got the right gender, pokemon, nater etc, but maybe the seed is off.
I'm new to RNG too, but from what I think I've learnt, It may be that (though, I won't be offended if you ignore me and get a more experienced person to help)
But shouldn't shaking grass show up either way? I haven't started with the PIDRNG yet. I see now that my reply was a bit misleading (english is not my main language). What I meant was, when I actually found shaking grass (I tried about 2-3 times, the Pokémon had same gender/level/nature/IVs. Since I haven't done PIDRNG yet, only the IVs should match the ones I generated in Time Finder, but they didn't i.e. wrong seed).

Don't worry, I'm not ignoring anyone that are willing to help and try their best. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)