5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Would a parent from another language screw up my seeds? Can't get the right Timer0 for some reason :')
If you're breeding shinies, there's an option in the RNG reporter 9.81 beta that says '(Game) International' I would presume it's that option you want to check =)

Can anyone please give me some tips on hitting the seed when RNG breeding? (no c gear)
I don't know why in breeding is when I hit the seed rarely...

When you don't hit the correct seed, is the results you get constant?
Yup, for example I want to hit the sec 26, so I click "A" at the second 25, sometimes fast and sometimes slow but at 25 and I keep getting 2 different set of Ivs but not of those two are the ones I desire...

Yup, for example I want to hit the sec 26, so I click "A" at the second 25, sometimes fast and sometimes slow but at 25 and I keep getting 2 different set of Ivs but not of those two are the ones I desire...
You sure your parameters are correct?
Could you post them here, or VM/PM? Whichever would make you more comfortable.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
ID:55913
SID: 14797
Seed: 78BF6F417D0FD635

I did 121 PID advancements, which should bring me to PID frame 179 or 181, don't know exactly. Both are synchronize-able, and my Everstone parent had a Careful nature. So both these Shiny PID Frames are Careful. Now I hatched an Impish Tirtuoga. What did I do wrong? Shiny Impish cannot be found on this seed unless I have an Impish Everstone parent. (22443 is Impish not synchable, but it doesn't have the correct IV's)

I did get the right gender, IV's and nature.

Edit: Problem solved lol. (Forgot the Ditto parent, then 179 is Impish and not synchable)

ID:55913
SID: 14797
Seed: 78BF6F417D0FD635

I did 121 PID advancements, which should bring me to PID frame 179 or 181, don't know exactly. Both are synchronize-able, and my Everstone parent had a Careful nature. So both these Shiny PID Frames are Careful. Now I hatched an Impish Tirtuoga. What did I do wrong? Shiny Impish cannot be found on this seed unless I have an Impish Everstone parent. (22443 is Impish not synchable, but it doesn't have the correct IV's)

I did get the right gender, IV's and nature.

Edit: Problem solved lol. (Forgot the Ditto parent, then 179 is Impish and not synchable)
I do that soooo much.

Yeah, I'm feeling so retarded now xD Was struggling for 2 hours to get it shiny, like wtf xD
Another thing I do a lot is start the RNG the night before with a seed that's close to the next day, THEN the next morning I come back, and forgetting the day has changed, change the time to the right thing but not the day.

Usually takes me about 30 minutes to realize the day is wrong, lol.

someone earlier told me to go to route 9 because there are no NPCs there, but there are guys on motorbikes riding around there? :S

Hey guys I'm trying to teach a friend how to RNG but he's using an emulator... Is there any differences I should be aware of? He's having trouble finding his Parameters.

I'm getting a bit annoyed trying to RNG this Drilbur and would greatly appreciate it if you could help me.
I have been hitting my seed consistently but I can't get a Drilbur to appear in a patch of dust. I know I'm hitting the seed because: a) The swirling dust appears at the same place after the same amount of steps and b)because after picking up the item I sweet scent and the pokemon I get has the 31/31/31/9/31/31 spread the IV frame is supposed to give me.

Since I was having trouble I figured I had miscalculated my starting frame (after counting steps) so I decided to measure it via sweet scenting after I did the steps (always in the same pattern), assuming that the pokemon I'd get would be the one in the PID frame of the same number would give but for wild pokemon. Now, first question, is this assumption correct? I mean, I know that natures, abilities, genres and what not change in the PIDRNG from "Wild Pokemon(cave spot)" to "Wild pokemon" but I'm assuming the starting frame is the same and the advancements, since there are no moving NPCs, leave you at the same frame, with the only thing changing between the two is that you sweet scent for one and you walk into the dust for the other.

Edit: I forgot the second question. The pattern I'm walking in is: five steps to the right, then back five steps and so on and so forth until I reach the 120 steps after which I make a little figure to reach 128 and be in front of the dust cloud. I know walking advances the PID frame, which coupled with the starting frame RNG reporter calculated for me gives me a total of 303 (So another thing I'm assuming is that there's no way my PID frame can be lower than that) but I've been curious, does turning also advance the frame in this case? I know turning also advances the frame by two but what I mean is that I'm pressing the D-Pad strong enough so that my character doesn't just turn but turns and takes the first step to the left/right depending on the situation so I don't know if the game in that step takes into account the turning as well as the step taken, so does it take it into account or not?

I had the same problem as Meph; Walked the steps, got to a dust cloud, Gem.. I'll be doing some experiments soon, if no-one beats me to it, I'll post some results if possible (despite being a noob to RNG, I'm still learning, and, if at first you don't succeed... well, as I can't hit it with a hammer, I may as well try again...)

does anybody have a list of areas that have no NPCs that affect the PIDRNG? Or just some well known areas that fit that criteria
There's a list like 3~6 pages back on this thread, but route 9 + most caves/buildings have spots with no wandering NPCs

Coroa-Loba said:
Hello.

I'm currently having trouble using the latest RNG Reporter.
Can someone please help me get started?
Check sig and tell me if that works for you.

Mephiztopheles said:
I beleive if you walk the same way and the dust appears in the same spot always, the dust is always going to be the exact same gem, no matter what you do. You have 2 ways

Way I did it: Get a frame + # of pokemon in your party so you walk about 256/512 steps (the more steps, the more likely you'll get a dust cloud in time). Everytime you do this, always walk in some erratic pattern that you most likely won't copy again on subsequent attempts. This method though relies solely on luck as if you hit your seed, the only thing you are manipulating is drilbur + IVs. Nature will be random (50% with synchronizer) + gender will be random (50%) + ability will be random (50%).

Other way: Breed it. Then you can fully manipulate everything. You will need a chatot though or rely on luck again.

sharingan78 said:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85860

I was following this guide and in one part it said that i have to put 50 seconds in the seconds box in seed to times and i cant do that because my second box is grayed out and i cant change it :( what am i doing wrong?
Can you get an image or describe your problem in more detail? It's most likely a setting you didn't change but I don't understand the problem quite well from your post.

Hey guys I'm trying to teach a friend how to RNG but he's using an emulator... Is there any differences I should be aware of? He's having trouble finding his Parameters.
You're probably not going to get emulator questions answered here as this forum is not for emulator help. :/
And emulators have different parameters than a DS.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85860

I was following this guide and in one part it said that i have to put 50 seconds in the seconds box in seed to times and i cant do that because my second box is grayed out and i cant change it :( what am i doing wrong?
Click the little square beside the seconds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)