5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Say I was mad enough to try RNGing Thundurus by beating the Elite 4...

Would I still use the Roaming Legendary Encounter type?

Also, if anybody has any tips for RNGing Thundurus like that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone have a redistributable Whimsicott with Beat Up I could get for free? I don't have anything to offer just yet but want to get started. Thanks in advance!

Catch a pokemon, watch IVs with PokeSav, than imput them on RNG, and parameters i gave youì It should be work, if you don't find results extend parameters
Didn't worked either. I tried using both parameters you gave me, and even tried with the 'soft reset' box checked, and nothing, not a single match. When you say, extend parameters, is there something more specific? Or should I just try 000 to FFF in evry box?

Ha ha ha
http://i55.tinypic.com/9kb2ip.jpg
Look at this finally got the seed I want >_>

Now the problem is this was slot 4 or 5, I was trying to get slot 6 for brave nature. Is there a way to control what pokemon slot appears? Or do I just keep doing it until I get the pokemon I want.

You advance your PID to the correct encounter slot. Make sure you bring a Brave natured poke with Synchronize.

I just noticed the starting frame was 45 and I was thinking it was 0, so I been getting different results.

Thanks, it was my mistake.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
which encounter slots are for swarmpokemon?
I've tried to catch wynaut with encounter slot 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9 and 11.
Swarms don't occupy a particular slot. The game makes a calculation to decide whether you hit a swarm Pokemon or a regular Pokemon, and ignores the encounter slot if it decides you are going to hit a swarm Pokemon. It's a 40% chance to hit the swarm Pokemon, the same as the chance to have a double encounter in doubles grass.

Details can be found here for those interested.

I have a very basic question. I just began to learn Gen V RNG and am having difficulty finding a seed.

I am using RNG Reporter 9.81 and my MAC address is 001bea4c76a1

I am starting up my DS, and if it is say 15:00:00 I am making note on RNG Reporter for the time of 15:00:15 and at 15:00:15 I start pokemon black. I have 5 pokemon in my party and am already saved in Victory Road. I use Sweet Scent and capture the Pokemon. I then use Rare Candies to get the IVs down and I record them into RNG Reporter. From there, I hit search in RNG Reporter, and each time I have done this, I have been unable to find a seed. If anyone can help me, I would be very grateful.

Another question, just to clarify; If I save the game before using the rare candies, then turn the DS off then back on after I determine the IVs, will that mess up the seed? I know it didn't in Gen IV shiny egg breeding but I just want to make sure the same principles apply here.

Well a better way to get the ivs is to use pokecheck, that is what I use and it is very accurate. Um, the only thing I can think of is check your setting? I'm also still learning how to use it to.

Now I am having a problem, with my Ditto I have everything fine with it, but the nature comes out calm not brave when I catch it.

http://i55.tinypic.com/35ld7uu.jpg

Frame 86 Slot 6

Well a better way to get the ivs is to use pokecheck, that is what I use and it is very accurate. Um, the only thing I can think of is check your setting? I'm also still learning how to use it to.

Now I am having a problem, with my Ditto I have everything fine with it, but the nature comes out calm not brave when I catch it.

http://i55.tinypic.com/35ld7uu.jpg

Frame 86 Slot 6
Just look at the PID frames to figure out which one you hit. It looks like you hit frame 84 so view Chatot's summary an extra 2 times.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have a very basic question. I just began to learn Gen V RNG and am having difficulty finding a seed.

I am using RNG Reporter 9.81 and my MAC address is 001bea4c76a1

I am starting up my DS, and if it is say 15:00:00 I am making note on RNG Reporter for the time of 15:00:15 and at 15:00:15 I start pokemon black. I have 5 pokemon in my party and am already saved in Victory Road. I use Sweet Scent and capture the Pokemon. I then use Rare Candies to get the IVs down and I record them into RNG Reporter. From there, I hit search in RNG Reporter, and each time I have done this, I have been unable to find a seed. If anyone can help me, I would be very grateful.

Another question, just to clarify; If I save the game before using the rare candies, then turn the DS off then back on after I determine the IVs, will that mess up the seed? I know it didn't in Gen IV shiny egg breeding but I just want to make sure the same principles apply here.
System?
Make sure your start time is within the seconds range you specify in the parameters search.
Make sure everything is put in correctly.

Try using the new onsite guide, link in post 3.

Alright I ill go ahead and read that and try to follow it. Will give an update once I try it out.

e]
3. Catch the encountered Pokemon, and find its IV range

4. Enter the date and time from Step 3 and the Pokemon's information from Step 5 into Parameters. Input the correct MAC address and range of Encryption Variables for your current DS and Version.

This right here is confusing me. It sounds like the guide is stating the date and time that I caught the pokemon, and not the time that I hit A to begin the game from the DS menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)