5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ah ballsack. That was what I was afraid of. But shouldn't it fluctuate? Ive been using C7C for loads of RNGs. That is my timer0. Ive had it go to another one before but only temporarily. Ive been trying this about 20 times and I don't think I hit it once.. Any way to test if it is timer0?

What button presses does this seed need? Sometimes people run into this problem and it is just that their L or R button isn't reliable. I personally have to avoid any seed that requires and R button press. If it uses either L or R you can go to a PC and test the buttons out by using them to change boxes. I doubt that's the problem but if it is, it'll save you a lot of grief.

What button presses does this seed need? Sometimes people run into this problem and it is just that their L or R button isn't reliable. I personally have to avoid any seed that requires and R button press. If it uses either L or R you can go to a PC and test the buttons out by using them to change boxes. I doubt that's the problem but if it is, it'll save you a lot of grief.
It is set to no keypresses, I find that easier :/ Bah I thought I had the hang of it when I got 2 swoobats in a row. Thank you for your suggestion! Keep brain storming! :D please haha

Well I pressed A to start up the game when my clock said 17:11:59 when I was looking at the clock it looked like there was a second delay. So I thought the game would start at 17:12:00.

Well I pressed A to start up the game when my clock said 17:11:59 when I was looking at the clock it looked like there was a second delay. So I thought the game would start at 17:12:00.

Try running that exact same search then but with 17:11:59. The DS goes by that clock. I'll try plugging that stuff into mine and see what I get.
EDIT: Still no cigar. If you're certain that you got the right ivs, I'd just try it all again. Make sure you hit A at the same time you put in the Parameters Finder and double check everything too.

Yea I am definitely doing something wrong.

Does it matter if I had the C-Gear on or off?

EDIT:
Yea I have the IVs here because of pokecheck

http://i54.tinypic.com/rswge8.png

I synchronized the clock of my DS at 5:10:00 PM then I went on the game went to a location to save. Then I hard reset the game and then I started up at the time. I used sweet scent and got a Solrock with those stats. I went straight to the pokemon center and I checked my DNS connection before I went into the GTS and uploaded the pokemon. Then I turned off my DS.

You're not supposed to be making guesses. If you pressed A at 17:11:59 that's what you should enter in the parameter search. Don't assume there's a 1 second delay. The parameter search will tell you if there's a delay or not.

Yea I am definitely doing something wrong.

Does it matter if I had the C-Gear on or off?
You're doing "Non c-gear RNGing." The c-gear should never be on.

Also how are you getting exact IVs? Just in case you're doing something wrong there.

EDIT: Never mind, I see your answer above.

Red

It worked the second time, now I know not to keep the C-gear on.
Yeah C-Gear Advances your IV/PID frames by a shitton.
like 1/sec iirc.

I've made many mistakes when I accidebtally press C-Gear

@Ein:
Now you can click "Use Result in Time Finder" and go search for some seeds. :)

Ah ballsack. That was what I was afraid of. But shouldn't it fluctuate? Ive been using C7C for loads of RNGs. That is my timer0. Ive had it go to another one before but only temporarily. Ive been trying this about 20 times and I don't think I hit it once.. Any way to test if it is timer0?
Are the IVs wrong? If it's a timer0 issue the IVs will be wrong. Right click the seed in the time finder and you can generate adjacent seeds (current frame) and check for the IVs of the Pokemon you caught.

@Ein:
Now you can click "Use Result in Time Finder" and go search for some seeds. :)

Are the IVs wrong? If it's a timer0 issue the IVs will be wrong. Right click the seed in the time finder and you can generate adjacent seeds (current frame) and check for the IVs of the Pokemon you caught.
Yeah the IVs are wrong. It should be a 31/31/31/30/30/31 spread but stuff like "likes to eat" or "likes to fight" come up. Thanks I will try that!!

On a semi related note, any site I can upload to using the GTS to check IVs fast?

EDIT: Ive tried it and only one result comes up. Im using method 5 PIDRNG and have the shiny only tab clicked in the time finder.

On a semi related note, any site I can upload to using the GTS to check IVs fast?
pokecheck.org

EDIT: Ive tried it and only one result comes up. Im using method 5 PIDRNG and have the shiny only tab clicked in the time finder.
What do you mean only 1 result comes up? If you right click the seed in the time finder and click "generate adjacent seeds (current frame)" you should see 9 different seeds. One of them should (hopefully) have the wrong IVs that you're getting and that will tell you if it's a timer0 issue.

If it's a timer0 issue use the other timer0.

pokecheck.org

What do you mean only 1 result comes up? If you right click the seed in the time finder and click "generate adjacent seeds (current frame)" you should see 9 different seeds. One of them should (hopefully) have the wrong IVs that you're getting and that will tell you if it's a timer0 issue.

If it's a timer0 issue use the other timer0.
I mean when I right click and click what you tell me only one seed came up and IVs were not listed. Only PID and encounter slot and some other stuff.

I mean when I right click and click what you tell me only one seed came up and IVs were not listed. Only PID and encounter slot and some other stuff.
You're using Method 5 PIDRNG in the time finder? You should be using Method 5 (Standard Seed) not Method 5 PIDRNG. Search again with the correct method.

Generally Method 5 PIDRNG is used in the main window not the time finder.

You're using Method 5 PIDRNG in the time finder? You should be using Method 5 (Standard Seed) not Method 5 PIDRNG. Search again with the correct method.

Generally Method 5 PIDRNG is used in the main window not the time finder.
Yeah that is what I am using in the timefinder. Ok I'll try the normal one!!

EDIT: now Im just plain now getting any results in timefinder. With PIDRNG I was getting loads?

EDIT: now Im just plain now getting any results in timefinder. With PIDRNG I was getting loads?
That's because you couldn't limit the IV frame when you were using method 5 PIDRNG. You got loads because RNG reporter was searching ridiculously high IV frames.

A normal shiny search with very specific IVs can take many hours to return a result. Shiny breeding seeds are easier to find (assuming good parents) so breeding a shiny Pokemon would probably be faster than catching one.

That's because you couldn't limit the IV frame when you were using method 5 PIDRNG. You got loads because RNG reporter was searching ridiculously high IV frames.

A normal shiny search with very specific IVs can take many hours to return a result. Shiny breeding seeds are easier to find (assuming good parents) so breeding a shiny Pokemon would probably be faster than catching one.
Well you have been a fantastic help sir, thank you. Ive located a 31/31/31/30/22/31 hpground70 spread shiny on like frame 34 so Im going to give that a go right now!

Well you have been a fantastic help sir, thank you. Ive located a 31/31/31/30/22/31 hpground70 spread shiny on like frame 34 so Im going to give that a go right now!
Frame 34 is the IV frame? That might not be as easy as you think. What's the nearby shiny (PID frame)?

EDIT: Also what location are you going to use to RNG?

Frame 34 is the IV frame? That might not be as easy as you think. What's the nearby shiny (PID frame)?

EDIT: Also what location are you going to use to RNG?
I was mistaken with it, it is frame 326 and the nearby shiny is 290. Ive tried catching the first pokemon again and it still isnt hitting my IVs. I don't know what to do. Ive calibrated my ds a few times tonight and it goes between C7C and C7B. Im trying to catch it on the top of celestial tower but there is a type of mist I wonder does that affect things. I can still use sweet scent though.

I was mistaken with it, it is frame 326 and the nearby shiny is 290. Ive tried catching the first pokemon again and it still isnt hitting my IVs. I don't know what to do. Ive calibrated my ds a few times tonight and it goes between C7C and C7B. Im trying to catch it on the top of celestial tower but there is a type of mist I wonder does that affect things. I can still use sweet scent though.
You realize you need to walk 8320 steps with 5 Pokemon in your party to get to IV frame 326?

You shouldn't set the IV frame that high. I generally don't go any higher than frame 6 for IVs. Also keep in mind that walking in areas with wild Pokemon advances the PIDRNG meaning you might overshoot your target PID frame before you finish your steps.
Frame 1 is best for IVs so you don't have to do any steps.

You realize you need to walk 8320 steps with 5 Pokemon in your party to get to IV frame 326?

You shouldn't set the IV frame that high. I generally don't go any higher than frame 6 for IVs. Also keep in mind that walking in areas with wild Pokemon advances the PIDRNG meaning you might overshoot your target PID frame before you finish your steps.
Frame 1 is best for IVs so you don't have to do any steps.
OHH I thought that it was on PID frame 326 and IV frame 1. That probably doesnt even make sense.. I was under the impression I had to chatter around 300 times!!

I was watching a video about how to do RNG, it mentioned not to press any button. Does that affect the seed much?

Because I have two chatots with a recorded sound and I was going to do something simple and moved the frame 169 times. Then I sweet scented to get a pokemon appear, and the IVs were not even close to what I wanted.

The spread was 31/31/31/31/31/0
and I got was 24/14/28/13/17/29

Did I miss count or did I press something in the loading screen too soon?

I was watching a video about how to do RNG, it mentioned not to press any button. Does that affect the seed much?

Because I have two chatots with a recorded sound and I was going to do something simple and moved the frame 169 times. Then I sweet scented to get a pokemon appear, and the IVs were not even close to what I wanted.

The spread was 31/31/31/31/31/0
and I got was 24/14/28/13/17/29

Did I miss count or did I press something in the loading screen too soon?
You should only press buttons if your seed has keypresses. You can change keypresses under "5th gen DS parameters setup." 2 or 3 keypresses is best for more results. If your seed has keypresses you hold them immediately after pressing A to load the B/W cartridge and you hold them until the game freak logo comes on. If no keypresses you simply wait until the game freak comes on before pressing any buttons.

Also we can't tell what you did wrong. You need to post a lot more information than that. Seed, keypresses (if any), date/time, Target IV frame, target PID frame and possibly your parameters are needed to figure out what happened.

You could have just gotten your alternate timer0 but what IV frame are you trying to get? Is it on Frame 1 or are you having to walk around first?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)