Multi-gen 2v2 Doubles Premier League II - Tournament Discussion

approved by The Immortal
Banner by cute user momo!

Welcome to the Second Edition of the 2v2 Doubles Premier League, featuring Generations 5-8 of 2v2 Doubles! Unlike last PL, Arai will be hosting by themselves with me assisting whenever needed. Heres some information regarding the tournament:
Schedule:
Manager Signups: November 1st
Player Signups: November 8th
Draft Day: TBD - Probably November 21st - 22nd
Week 1: November 23rd

Regarding Draft, Managers, and Teams:
  • There will be 4 teams, with the possibility of 6 depending on the number of signups we get.
  • Each team will start with 100,000 credits.
  • Each team can have 2 managers, who can buy themselves for 10,000 credits if they so choose.
  • Each team will have 8 players at a minimum: 6 starters and 2 substitutes.​
  • The tournament is likely to last 4 to 6 weeks.​
Resources for each generation:
Each generation of 2v2 Doubles included in PL II has had a multitude of tournaments to develop resources. If you're interested in trying out those metagames but don't know where to start, here are the links:

[Gen 8] 2v2 Doubles Resources:
[Gen 7] 2v2 Doubles Resources:
[Gen 6] 2v2 Doubles Resources:
[Gen 5] 2v2 Doubles Resources:
2v2 Classic I - Information:

SM:
/chall [user], gen7doublesou @@@ Two vs Two, Accuracy Moves Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, +Gengar-Mega, -Salamence-Mega, -Final Gambit, -Focus Sash, -Tapu Lele, -Perish Song

ORAS:
/chall [user], gen6doublesou @@@ Two vs Two, Sleep Clause Mod, -Kangaskhan-Mega, -Final Gambit, -Focus Sash, -Perish Song

BW:
/chall [user], gen5doublesou @@@ Two vs Two, Accuracy Moves Clause, -Focus Sash, -Perish Song, - Final Gambit, -Kingdra

Slots:
After a good deal of discussion, I've decided to propose these slots for 2v2 Doubles Premier League II:
Code:
SS 2v2 Bo5
SS 2v2 Bo5
SS 2v2 Bo5
SS 2v2 Bo5
SM 2v2 Bo5
SM 2v2 Bo5
ORAS 2v2 Bo5
BW 2v2 Bo5

Of course, this is all subject to change depending on community opinion, but I'd like to work with what we currently have, assuming I didn't miss anything important. Any ways, feel free to discuss the tournament here. Make sure to join the 2v2 Discord Server for live updates.

Last edited:
snowpoint sylveons.png

art by the super cutie momo!
check out their art thread
here!
Hi!
The Snowpoint Sylveon's discord can be found here!
If you are interested in being drafted, me DM me and Aliss on Discord tour / ladder results, teams you've built, good forum posts you've made, or anything else that you think will reflect well on you. We are also open to holding tryout matches.
We are looking for active and motivated players so reaching out to us will definitely help your chances!​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)