OM 2019 OM Championship - Finals [Won by Andyboy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fardin

Tournament Banned
k this is the last tier list, last one was just based on tours legit years ago for some users, and r1 showed me where people really stand. just an opinion, no hate pretty please.

Screenshot_50.png

also me vs pigeons, jan 2 8 pm est

Alright here we go, I warned you last time:
Here are my highly factual, almost guaranteed to be right, all-important predictions.
However.... I let myself down by wimping out of predicting one of the matches so now im back again with some more highly factual, guaranteed-to-be-right predictions.

1/Megazard vs 8/Hamhamhamham - The last round wasnt particularly impressive from mzard as it seemed kinda clear that he isnt that invested into this tour, I think hes in a bigger PU ribbon tour or smth? Either way even if mz starts caring about this tour, I dont see him beating goat ham ngl. Think Ham wins AG, MnM, AAA and ZU with mzard probably nabbing bh cos ham brings the most ludicrous meme possible. Ham has a good shot at finals here imo, despite the brutal top half of the draw, and I reckon that'll motivate him to try hard a bit. He managed to get past the impossibly difficult to schedule timezone so this should be light work comparatively.

15/ Andyboy vs 10/Funbot28 - Funbot was solid in her efficient win over Chloe, but despite that and despite the fact that ive seen v little of Andy, im bolding him here. Andy was very impressive vs jeran last week, and I think just is the better comp player here, while also looking like he can v much see a finals on the cards here. I think Andy takes MnM and AAA, with AG, BH and ZU being more of tossups.

3/ Fardin vs 6/ Pigeons - I didnt watch pigeons last week, and I only watched Fardin's aaa match which wasnt exactly pretty so yeah my info on both isnt extremely recent. That being said from what I have seen from both I think fardin should take this one although a lot will come down to the AG match I feel, which can deffo go either way. Hard to predict fardin in aaa after last week, but then again lots of ppl had mares last week so imma chalk that up to a bit of a "warmup" and this time around fardin plays much better and takes aaa. Think he should also take MnM, while he will deffo lose bh I reckon. ZU bit of a tossup here too cos idk the tier well enough to really say.

4/ xavgb vs 12/ Jrdn - I cant tell you how much I dont wanna do this lol, like I really just wanna bold that vs and get out my popcorn. Without a doubt the hl match of the entire tour for me, and im just hoping that both players are on their game and rng isnt too present so we can just enjoy it. However I am forcing myself to pick one here so imma go with jrdn. Im really really looking forward to AAA, cos these 2 are the ppl who've beaten me the most often in test matches by far, but I think jrdn nudges that one. MnM will be another really close affair but imma give that to jrdn again (this is largely guesswork lol). I think Stresh should definitely take BH, cant see him getting upset in that back to back weeks, and I think stresh takes AG leaving ZU as the decider, and I think jrdn wins that one. Can obviously actually go a multitude of ways but im hoping for 5 games.

If I get them all right again, ill do another prediction for next week, if not y'all are mercifully spared lul. GL to everyone and gz on getting to the top 8 for the year!

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello ladies. I believe everything in life needs a balance, and because of this... I am here again. Racool's post does an incredible job of covering what will absolutely happen (as they are ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED TO BE RIGHT)... I will cover what will absolutely be wrong. My predicts have zero brainpower put into them bc I do not have a brain in the first place and that perfectly balances Racool's enormous IQ.

Megazard (51) vs (49) Hamhamhamham - I'm generally more impressed with mz as a player but hamx4 I've always felt is way nicer than the general connotation he has. While I think all the criticism mz receives is like 100% deserved, although I appreciate bluntness in people. I'm really torn but I don't wanna make it seem like I hate mz by praying on his downfall in every post bc I definitely don't, so I will prolly bold him.
Andyboy (0) vs (100) Funbot28 - WOW what a matchup. I'm really torn here too bc like, funbot is a bully and andy is so nice to me but like... fuck andy bro LMAO, piece of shit. This will more than likely end up being the same as smash where andy just shits on funbot using nothing but Ganon's nose to attack. However regardless of that fact I will bold funbot to keep the andy vs viv ALL TALK + ZERO ACTION rivalry going.
Fardin (go to UM) vs (you on OM players) Pigeons - This mu is boring as shit ngl. Idc. AG isn't an OM anymore you fucking morons, get your shit together, this is the wrong subforum.
xavgb (50.5) vs (49.5) Jrdn - OKAYYYY this is kinda hot. I don't know what to say or do in this part of the post bc no amount of words can accurately convey how incredible this is. I can't make any not funny at all jokes about this mu bc this is prolly the only mu in the whole tour I'll give enough of a fuck about to actually watch. It's hard to go against jrdn bc damn he's op as fuck... but I think stresh will put more effort into prepping and that might give him an edge, if this was a team tour id go for jrdn whether stresh preps harder or not tho. Jrdn rolls up with some re-used shit every week casually and murders some fool in every team tour w/o showing any signs of sweat.

I hope you all have fun even tho I know that none of you will. Gen 7 is ass, let's face it. None of you give a fuck about these metas anymore. I pity you all for committing to playing these series but at least it's somewhat entertaining. Good luck and have fun to all of you!

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
ok now the rounds actually matter. I didn't bother making predicts in the first round because there were a bunch of players i don't know involved

Megazard (49) vs Hamhamhamham (51)
will be fun to watch. No doubt that mz has ag in the bag 90/10. i originally gave zu to mz as well, but then i realized ham played in the actual smog world cup, so i should give him more credit for being a good standards player. still think zu is tilted in mz's favor 60/40. bh and mnm is where it starts to lean ham's way. no secret that mz isn't a fan of playing this great tier, so i'm giving it to hamham 85/15. mz is probably a better contender in mnm, but i still believe ham wins that one so i'll give it 70/30 to ham. 50/50 in aaa since they're both some of the top players in that format

Andyboy (30) vs Funbot28 (70)
more lopsided than the previous game. i've seen andy play ag and zu like once, so giving both of those 90/10 to funbot. giving bh 70/30 to funbot as well because andy could just bring some dumb cheese team and catch funbot on a misplay, but i still believe in fb to win the match. i think aaa is gonna be a good game to watch but funbot is just the better player, so i'll give it to her 65/35. mnm is more tilted in andy's favor, but i don't think it'll be a completely one sided game. 65/35 there for andy

Fardin (43) vs Pigeons (57)
think this'll be a meh series with a couple boring and slow games in the mix. i don't really know how good fardin is at ag but i know that his name used to be fardinag, so i'll give him a good chance of winning the ag game. 55/45 tilted in pigeons favor. think fardin has a better chance of winning zu. pigeons put up a pretty good fight vs fruitshop last week though, so i'm not counting him out completely. 65/35 fardin on this one. on to aaa, fardin didn't look too hot in his aaa game last week and pigeons will just stall him, so giving this to pigeons 70/30. gen 7 bh is a god awful format and i'm expecting that both of these users bring some semi stall bulky team, so this bh game will probably be the lowlight of the entire tour and i am fully confident it will either get replayed because of an imposter / regenerator stalemate (to which pigeons will just bring the same team to the 2nd game) or someone runs out of pp. 55/45 pigeons. pretty confident that pigeons will just stall in mnm too, so that's gonna be another terrible game to watch. 70/30 to pigeons in mnm. in my heart i'm giving this series to fardin because i really hate stall
edit: it has come to my attention that fardin also plays stall. i hope both of these players have to suffer through 5 awful 200 turn games (plus stalemates) and neither of them have a fulfilling om championship experience.
edit2: it has come to my attention that pigeons thinks the first 200 turns of any stall game are just "foreplay", but the real fun comes around 300 turns. i just really hope neither of these players enjoy their games and turn away from stall completely

xavgb (55) vs jrdn (45)
this should be the finals mu but whatever. 65/35 to stresh in ag just because i don't really think jrdn plays ag (and i mean neither does stresh i don't think but i still think he comes out on top). giving zu to jrdn 65/35 because of pretty much the same reason, but i think jrdn's pokemon fundamentals are a bit stronger and will shine through here. stresh should win bh, but jrdn might get a good mu so giving it to stresh 75/25. aaa is probably jrdn's best tier (and jrdn is probably one of aaa's best players), so i think he'll do pretty well vs stresh here. 80/20 in jrdn's favor. i think mnm is another format tilted in stresh's favor, so i'll give that to him 80/20 for the same reason i gave aaa to jrdn.

end of year shoutouts because i might as well lump it into 1 post

anyway this has been a pretty fun year of oms. i came back last december, managed 3 super cool teams (shoutout digs, mags, and ne) and someone thought it would be a good idea to give me moderator in the om room. wild. thanks to everyone i played with / against, and i'm looking forward to another pretty cool year of pokemon. i don't really like gens 7 or 8 at the moment, but i'm going to try to expand my knowledge of old gen other metas, so send me a message if you ever want to play / develop old gen oms with me. also shoutout to oldshark, come fight me in oras ph it's the best format of all time

shoutout to GL Volkner for quitting and then instantly coming back to play in another tour and making like 50 more posts. i wish i could be as motivated as you

Last edited:
Ok so like I didnt get them all right unfort, I didnt realise that Fardin just isnt good anymore apparently lol, that aaa match made me wanna cry ngl. Regardless im taking 3/4 and 10/11 on predicts overall as still a success and am therefore, unfortunately for you all, gonna commit to predictions again. On the bright side there are less matchups now.

Jrdn vs Ham - Ok so jrdn was hella impressive last week. Like that matchup (jrdn vs stresh) was in my opinion the finals we deserved anyways, and even tho the actual series was less high level play and more jrdn having better prep, it still was sick and made jrdn look the heavy favourite I think ti win the whole thing. That being said, ham I think is the stiffest competition he has left to face, and id be very surprised if anyone from the other series won this circuit. Like obvs its very possible, like its mons after all, but I think one of these 2 are the more deserving winner especially as they will have come out of the bracket of death. Im predicting jrdn to take AAA, MnM, and AG, whilst I think BH is a complete tossup cos they both fucking hate the tier, and then imma say ham takes ZU. I wouldn't be too surprised if ham pulls this off tbf, but yeah whatever, both are friends so im hoping for a clean series above all else.

Andy vs Pigeons - OK so looking back my last pigeons prediction is fucking bad. Like that series wasnt close, pigeons prep was highly impressive and Fardin's prep was mediocre at utmost best. Like the threat of pigeons stall looked like it loomed massively over fardin and he fell trap to trying to bring 1-2 complete stall ct mons per team. Or at least ct mons in his head, like moldy kyurem really doesn't break any stall ngl, and struggles vs so many teams in aaa atm especially with the recent ph pert explosion in popularity. But yeah, in complete contrast, pigeons prep seemed really good, like I didnt pay attention to any other matches but his aaa team highly impressed me. That being said, im rooting for Andy here and the 2 Andy matches ive watched so far were his 2 aaa matches, and in one of them he won in a stall mirror match which impressed me cos I always felt like jean lives for those 500+ turn matches of brainless pp stalling. In the other one Andy managed to win in a v tough mu with the same stall vs a gravity lando-t which is one of the toughest mu's u can face using stall. So yeah, basically the point is my field of vision is completely limited to aaa but regardless im still more impressed with Andy and also just rooting for him more here so im predicting him to win. Hmmm I think Andy wins AAA, MnM, and BH, while pigeons wins AG and ZU a bit of a tossup cos idk the tier.

Good luck to all, hope the series are clean and good and we get 2 deserving finalists.

RE: Catalystic's comments during Andyboy vs. Funbot28

Situation: During the Mix and Mega game of the series between Andyboy and Funbot28, Catalystic suggested a play in the battle chat. While there seems to be no intent to cheat on Catalystic's behalf, his comment is undeniably impactful and extremely visible.

Result: Catalystic will be infracted for unsportsmanlike behavior. I do want to emphasize that this type of behavior is considered ghosting and (as I've unfortunately had to repeat multiple times during the Circuit Championships..) official tournament rules do apply to circuits, so please don't assume this incident wasn't all that serious; Catalystic barely escaped a tournament ban here. Please be careful that you don't influence either player with what you're saying in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)