SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask

also where are the new mon in teambuilder
Hello everyone. At the moment, we have incomplete information regarding the new Pokemon and forms added in the Teal Mask. As such, we are abstaining briefly from posting the new threads pertaining to the new metagame and the Pokemon thread reservations. We will get everything on the forum live as soon as we have confirmed information. Please be courteous of and patient with the incredible PS and Smogon staff as we continue to learn more.

Thank you all for your patience; we'll have everything ready as soon as we can!
Will not be added until everything is confirmed it seems.

Blueberry is in Unova

SV's a real world tour with its DLC
bitches complained so much about wanting a second region in the postgame of a Pokemon game that GF went "you know what????? fuck it. we're putting TWO DIFFERENT REGIONS in the DLC. FIRST EVER POKEMON GAME WITH THREE REGIONS BAYBEEEEE"

and bitches are still complaining because none of those regions are Kalos

Game Freak can never satisfy Pokemon fans istg

Last edited:
Fun fact about Knock Off Morpeko is that it also gets Spin and at the same time outspeeds and resists Gholdengo's STABs. Stats are of course not good, but me and Morkal will certainly find use for it.
the stats aren't good but they're good enough to give it a solid matchup against gholdengo—if ghold is uninvested, 252 atk jolly morpeko has a slight chance to ohko with knock off. even with full defensive investment, knock off does over 50% minimum and you can just futz around with the aura wheel/protect combo until you get the opportunity to use dark-type aura wheel to secure the ko

Monkidori seems extremely strong, 130 special attack poison/psychic with 110 speed is already good… but it also has nasty plot, parting shot, focus blast, fake out, u-turn, trick. Absolutely insane move pool.

and we all know how crazy toxic chain is

I think you are underestimating the power of Poison/Fairy as a typing. It is literally two of the best defensive typings in the game added on top of each other. The difference in the number of resists and lack of weaknesses compared to Dark/Flying is quite extreme, not to mention the lack of a Stealth Rock vulnerability.

I think Fezandipiti will be generally less focused on being a set up sweeper and more focused on being an annoying pivot that can easily switch into about half the attacks on any given team.

It's definitely not going to be running Technician. As a fairly defensive support, it's probably going to be the best of the trio at making use of Toxic Chain. It's really not going to be significantly worse than the other two imo. This is not a Wo-Chien situation.
Thing is that as a defensive Pokemon it’d do almost nothing besides use Toxic and Roost. Offensively it’s like physical Goltres with Roost but struggles against Steels and Poison (best options are Double Kick, 70 SpA Heatwave, and Tera Blast Ground), and has worse ability all things considered.
Between the loyal trio I think it’ll be the least used. Not to say they are terrible shitmon on par with Unown, so long as your Metagame has good Steel and Poison types you can beat Fezandipiti.
It also could be a different story in doubles since it gets actually good Doubles support moves like Icy Wind and Tailwind.

Monkidori seems extremely strong, 130 special attack poison/psychic with 110 speed is already good… but it also has nasty plot, parting shot, focus blast, fake out, u-turn, trick. Absolutely insane move pool.

and we all know how crazy toxic chain is
wait a second

they just made a directly better version of my favorite pokemon with very similar stats, one shared type and just a way better movepool

lmao i'm never getting nasty plot espeon am i

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)