Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
:Pikachu: Slate 9 Results! :Eevee:
C06681D6-6BCB-4E4A-98AA-140BABD945C4.jpeg

Waking up after many quiet nights in Celios lab. You’ve finally dug through all your prior research, and on the table are 5 previously overlooked documents that have reached new conclusions with the second go-over.
:togepi: Prompt: Your task is to resub/create a submission based on an old submission!

~~~~~~~~~~

@Gekokeso’s Resubmission of @Rezzo’s Soft Shell :Heracross: and @Rezzo’s Essence Steal :slowking:

@Stonecat’s Resubmission of Draining Relic
:unown-d: :unown-r:

@Ema Skye’s Resubmission of Kazapellin
:Qwilfish:

Lord Zorz’s Resubmission of @Gekokeso’s Pierzer :pinsir-mega:

45774E2B-4E60-4ECB-9BA8-A880492D8299.png
~~~~~~~~~~
What's Next for Crystal: Sevii Islands?
Well for now nothing from :snorlax: me, but Lord Zorz has used the power of :celebi: Celebi to post balance changes before me. And :umbreon: JosJet will be posting after me with updates on the future.​

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Thoughts on the new stuff:

SD+Aeroblast do be kinda nutty. Thankfully, Snorlax demands Rocks or Steels on teams, and every team should have an Electric, so there are usually at least two switchins to an Aeroblast. Terricks sits on it forever (for offensive structures), and Skarm does quite well against it as well (for defensive builds). Other checks include Tyranitar (can't switch in on Swarm Attack), Steelix (can't switch in on Earthquake) and Golem (needs to watch for Earthquake). Its speed tier will be the biggest thing holding it back, but it can be a very powerful offensive tool when given the space.

Pinsir @ Leftovers
- Swords Dance
- Aeroblast
- Swarm Attack / Submission / HP Fighting / Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake / Submission / HP Fighting / Dynamic Punch

:forretress: :cloyster: :golem: :exeggutor:
I'm sure Soft Shell will find a spot in the meta, but I am not sure how well it will fit on some of its best users. On paper, this looks good on Forretress but it has to give up its excellent utility or its meager offensive value to slot it, while also weakening its short term Snorlax check prospects. Cloyster feels like its in a similar spot, though it is worth mentioning for both of them that with a new spiker in the tier, this can be part of how they continue to show value. Golem also can't quite fit it, as it really needs Roar to better fill its role of checking Snorlax. As for Exeggutor, its moveslots are very competitive and it creates substantial gaps in its offense trying to fit it. I do think it can help some lower tier options find a role in the tier.

Weezing @ Leftovers
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder / HP Ice
- Explosion
- Soft Shell

Omastar @ Leftovers
- Surf
- Rest
- Haze
- Soft Shell

Muk @ Leftovers
- Malnourish
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Soft Shell

:gengar: :misdreavus: :umbreon:
Misdreavus loves Essence Steal, because its moveslots are generally pretty flexible. Its added special bulk over Gengar means it probably uses it better (and Gengar probably can't fit it). It makes Umbreon really annoying, with Charm and Essence Steal making it impregnable on both sides. I don't think its enough of a buff to help out some lower tier options (but I'm sure it's funny on Wobbuffet).

Misdreavus @ No Item / Leftovers
- Thunder
- Toxic
- Thief / Protect / Hypnosis
- Essence Steal

Umbreon @ Sevii Sundae
- Charm
- Essence Steal
- Pursuit
- Toxic

:snorlax: :gengar: :nidoking:
Full out offense mons are going to love Draining Relic, providing them with healing for doing what they were already doing. RestTalk sets are better off with Leftovers or Sundae.

Snorlax @ Draining Relic
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Thunder
- Self-Destruct

Nidoking @ Draining Relic
- Earthquake
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Golem @ Draining Relic
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Fire Blast / Roar

Kazappelin brings a lot to this tier, providing choice in the spikes setting role over Cloyster. It boasts much better matchups against the Electrics, Exeggutor and other Cloyster, but instead is limited against Snorlax, Nidoking, Golem and Steelix. While that is probably its main role, its offensive coverage with its Nidoking-tier coverage and access to Explosion can help it leave a dent, especially with Spikes support from Cloyster. Together with Haze, it can be an good check vs Growth Vaporeon. But its biggest problem is its 4MSS, and trying to figure out how to fit it around the rest of your team will open up some cool structures.

Kazappelin @ Leftovers
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Thunder
- Ice Beam / Malnourish

Kazappelin @ Draining Relic
- Explosion
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Malnourish / Surf

Kazappelin @ Leftovers
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

:umbreon:Slate 10.1: New Type Name:forretress:
sylveon.gif
After inspecting your research, you have proved your proficiency as a scientist to Celio! "Well done! You've come a long way from when I first introduced you to Horatekku and Aroofaondo." He is now entrusting you with supporting a secret project he has been developing for years. Oddities he's noticed in the treacherous places of the Sevii Isles have led him to believe that a new type exists!!! You must go through the peaks and valleys of the Sevii Isles to uncover the truths surrounding this potential new type.
~~~~~~~~~~

:sylveon:Prompt: Your task is to submit a new type name and flavor! (Battle mechanics (10.2), changes (10.3), and custom additions (10.4) will take place in the next phases of this slate.)

When creating a name and flavor for a new type, please highly consider its interactions with other canon types!
- Something like "Blue-type" would be hard to justify as many Pokémon are blue, and it would be difficult for people to intuitively guess which types "Blue-type" interacts with. Something like Fairy-type made sense because we already have types like Dragon, Ghost, and Dark that seem to be more fantasy related. Think about your theme for a while -- the goal should be something that can feasibly fit thematically with other types, and something that doesn't have too much overlap.

The goal of C:SI is to explore the unknown opportunities that could have taken place after GSC, so creativity is encouraged.

You are limited to one submission.

You cannot submit the Fairy-type!

Submission feedback is the name of the game. Definitely work with others this slate.

*Click here for our submissions feedback Discord chat.*
Code:
[B]New Type[/B]:
[B]Category[/B]:
[B]Flavor[/B]:

[B]Considerations for interactions with other types[/B]:

[B]Example Pokémon that could gain this type[/B]: (Optional)
[B]Example Moves[/B]:
New Type: Fairy-type
Category: Special
Flavor: This type would apply to Pokémon that are Fairy-like. Thematically, this connects to fantasy explored in some others types like Dragon, so that was one type I greatly considered when creating this one. In the next slate with battle mechanics, I'd recommend submitters submit interactions with the Dragon-type for this type.

Considerations for interactions with other types: (Oh god, please come up with something better than my example. ^^) In my opinion, fairies overpower dragons and are impervious to their attacks. They are also stronger than darkness because they shine so bright. Fighters rely on fairies for support, so fairies are also stronger than them. Fairies are weak to poison and steel swords. These are some thematic interactions the Fairy-type could have with other types.

Example Pokémon that could gain this type: :Clefable::Togetic::Wigglytuff:
Example Moves: Dazzling Gleam: The user damages opposing Pokémon by emitting a powerful flash.
*Visually appealing posts will definitely help get your theme across, so I encourage you to take the template further!*

~~~~~~~~~~
What's Next for Crystal: Sevii Islands?
:quagsire::scizor::skuntank:
This spaced out submission process will allow for a more holistic submission process that accounts for different ideas. I anticipate a discussion between the other slates (10.2, 10.3, 10.4)! If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to reach out to the Council.

In the meantime, other coders (Analysis Geek/Rezzo) and I will be working to have C:SI fully playable ASAP. Stay tuned for updates!

Submissions will close on Thursday, July 14th!
:snorlax::zapdos::electrode::espeon::umbreon:

Last edited:
New Type: Cosmic-type
Flavor: “Pokemon of this type are often described as “other-worldly” and mysterious. Many also seem to have a connection to space and the stars~” I think this allows for the type to only cover a small, niche amount of 'mons, moves, and ideas currently in CSI, allowing it to not trample on any current balance or concepts, while also being different enough that a ton of potential is locked away.

Considerations for interactions with other types:

ATTACKING
- s.e. against Dragon, Cosmic, Ground, Normal
- n.v.e against Bug, Ghost, Steel

Reasoning for the s.e....
I personally see this type as very "sunder the ones below" sorta vibe. Dragons, Ground, and Normal all being blasted fit the feeling of this being real astral power. Be it the sword made from the fallen star to slay the dragon, the meteor blasting into the ground below, or the mortal blasted apart by the cosmic radiance from above... These are all thematic considerations. Stars colliding in a blaze of glory is also rad af. Of course these are all strong balance considerations as well.
"Shouldn't dragons beat this?"
Naw. What you on? Look at the above. If you wanna say Dragons are weak that's because our two dragon 'mons are weak and have no moves to spam, we just got a new dragon move and they should actually be playable now. B)

Reasoning for the n.v.e....
Starfire doesn't melt steel beams? Ghosts in space?? What the hell is a bug?! Primarily these are mechanical things, but the flavor is the "odd" resisting the Cosmic-type, and it really does just snuggly slot in as a natural connection when strung together like this! Seriously, bug resisting cosmic is legendary.

DEFENDING
- resists Rock, Ground
- weak to Psychic, Ghost, Cosmic

Reasoning for the resists....
Asteroids! No astral body can be in the way of the cosmic might!

Reasoning for the weaknesses....
A similar story for the n.v.e., the strange and bizarre are what can properly handle Cosmic... Psychics, Ghosts, and the Cosmic type itself! This leans into a sorta space horror aspect a bit as well. And wouldja look at that, it also slightly shifts the meta a bit by resisting strong common moves/types while also inviting in lesser used typings... ;)

Example Pokémon that could gain this type:
:Ledian: :Clefable: :Starmie: :Togetic: :Blissey: Tunguru

Furthermore, here's two of our previous submissions that didn't make it in previously, but I believe would be PERFECT in consideration of the Cosmic type! In the case of Gemlin I'd say Cosmic/Rock and for Ursaleste maybe Cosmic/Dark or Normal/Cosmic?

Prompt: Gen3+ Mon (Sableye)
Pokémon Name: Gemlin (gem + gremlin)
Typing: Rock/Ghost
Base Stats: 70/100/90/55/75/60 [460]
Height: 1m
Weight: 55kg
Notable Moves:
… Rock Slide, Shadow Ball, DynamicPunch, Night Shade
… Thief, Psychic
… Curse, Recover, Haze, Screech, Confuse Ray, Mean Look
Scratch, Leer, Foresight, Confuse Ray, Rock Throw, Screech, Night Shade, Rock Slide, Scary Face, Mean Look, DynamicPunch, Headbutt, Curse, Toxic, Rock Smash, Psych Up, Hidden Power, Sunny Day, Snore, Hyper Beam, Icy Wind, Protect, Rain Dance, Endure, Frustration, Return, Dig, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Double Team, Swagger, Sleep Talk, Detect, Rest, Attract, Thief, Nightmare, AncientPower, Recover, Haze
wip
wip

Prompt: April Fools Day
Pokémon Name: Ursaleste
Typing: Normal/Dark
Base Stats: 100 / 125 / 95 / 100 / 80 / 60 [550]
Height: 2.1 m
Weight: 195.3 kg
Notable Moves:
… Return, Body Slam, Rapid Spin
… Crunch, Zap Cannon, Fire Punch
… Curse, Swords Dance
Ursaring, loses Earthquake, Dig and Mud Slap; gains Rapid Spin and Surf
Mixed Swords Dance is a cool approach to find a niche. Crunch and Zap Cannon cover most Normal switchins (Ghosts and Skarmory), giving it a way to differentiate itself from Snorlax while also synergizing alongside some Snorlax builds. Sets not worried about Skarm can instead look to Surf for Steelix and Golem coverage. Outspeeding Exeggutor forces it out with a Crunch. A spinner that can deal with Ghosts 1v1 is pretty cool, but without Pursuit to trap them, it can still be played around. Counters include Machamp and Heracross.
Gold Dex Entry: "It boasts such a powerful connection to the moon that it can never touch the ground."
Silver Dex Entry: "It draws power from the moon. It is said descend from space during full moons with peak power."
Evolves from Ursaring while using a Moon Stone while not knowing any Ground moves.
Also--A potential Cosmic/Dragon legendary idea? A Cosmic Eeveelution?? Helloooooo??? It prints money!

-

Example Moves:
Old moves to consider being changed to this type... Anything from Ancientpower, Comet Punch, Swift, to Wish.

I also seen a previous submission that just calls to me as a great idea.
Name: Comet Crash
Typing: :rock:
BP: 100
PP: 12
Accuracy: 80
Secondary Effects: The user may also gain a random stat boost. (Think Ancient Power, but for a single stat! 30% chance?) The user suffers recoil if the move misses.

Suggested Distribution: :golem: :steelix:, (Terricks) :donphan: :miltank:

Description:
“The user launches themselves in the air before ramming into the target with the force of a comet.”
With elements of Ancient Power and High Jump Kick, This move serves as a hard hitting but risky move that gives a few pokemon listed above a powerful STAB move and others a hard hitting coverage move.

-

I hope I've managed to properly showcase this idea off, AND flex how it can be easily and readily applied to a bunch of different ideas by showing off it's ability to not only work with currently in the game moves and 'mons, but some of our own previous submissions from earlier slates!
fast.gif

New Type: Beast-type
Category: Physical
Flavor: Pokémon of this type would be of a wild, fearsome, untamed nature. Several of the potential candidates to receive this typing are currently pure-special types with respectable (physical) Attack stats, so providing them with a physical STAB would ideally improve their viability in the metagame. For the Pokémon that already have a physical-typing, this would grant them additional STAB coverage and new type-matchups.

Beasts are often creatures known for fiercely hunting their prey, so the types that Beast hits for super-effective should at least loosely reflect that.
Some examples (not at all set-in-stone) could be: Water, Flying, Ground, Normal (representing aquatic, aerial, burrowing, and “plain” creatures).

On the flipside, there are certain things that the sheer might of beasts either can’t, or doesn’t want to, handle from an offensive standpoint.
Examples: Bug (large beasts probably don’t care too much about bugs scuttling around underfoot, so they don’t put much effort into attacking them), Poison, Fire (what wild animal wants to mess with a foe that they know is wielding either of those things).

Defensively, Beast-types should be able to shrug off certain natural elements that they’re used to living with on a daily basis.
Examples: Dark (many beasts hunt in the dark, but even those that don’t should be plenty used to the darkness that falls over wild areas every night), Ground (natural disasters like earthquakes and landslides are common occurrences in some places), Ice (creatures living in cold climates should be well-acclimated to Winter temperatures and weather).

Finally, beasts do have exploitable weaknesses, particularly things that they don’t encounter in the wild and things that they may encounter naturally, but that aren’t actively attacking them.
Examples: Steel (such tough, refined metal doesn’t occur at all in the wild, and as such beasts aren’t equipped to deal with breaking through it), Fire, Electric (beasts may know to avoid volcanos, forest fires, and lightning, but they can’t very well deal with those elements when they’re being purposely attacked by them).

:gs/Arcanine:, :gs/Donphan:, :gs/Feraligatr:, :gs/Pidgeot:, :gs/Primeape:, :gs/Sneasel:, :gs/Ursaring:

Example Moves:
Old moves- Slash, Skull Bash, Rage, Fury Attack, Sharpen, Roar, Mean Look…
New move ideas- Speaking generally, future Beast-type moves could largely be focused on dishing out raw damage and boosting the user’s offensive stats (particularly Attack, Speed, and Accuracy). There’s good flavor potential with this type for recoil-based moves and moves with a cost to the user (thinking along the lines of Belly Drum). Status moves that are intimidating in nature also fit nicely with this typing.

Ema Skye

Work!
New Type: Sound-type
Flavor: There are many Pokemon already based off of sound, which is portrayed with Pokemon based off of instruments, or noise itself. Sound could be a far as a living bell, or just a Pokemon who sings. Now, although every Sound-based move (think: Soundproof) makes sound, that doesn't mean they all need to be Sound type.

• Sound-type Pokemon are weak to: Poison, Bug [Getting sick causes your vocal chords to hurt, Bugs are attuned to sounds]
  • Sound-type Pokemon resist: Electric, Water, Steel, Psychic [Sounds manipulate Electricity, Water/Steel impact sound wave's speed and sound calms the mind]
  • Sound-type Pokemon are immune to: Sound [Two sound waves cancel each other out]
  • Sound-type moves are super effective on: Electric, Water, Steel, Psychic
  • Sound-type moves are not very effective on: Bug, Poison, Ice [ice muffles sounds]
  • Sound-type moves do no damage on: Sound
Bugs and Poisons could use a competitive boost given their poor type charts. Electric definitely could use some more counterplay, and this generally ends up being a fairly meta-shifting type.

(I've also included type charts for what they could look like, using the above interactions)

(Sound/Normal) [type order is relevant for Present]
"Looking into its cute, round eyes causes it to sing a relaxing melody, inducing its enemies to sleep."
C'mon, y'all have seen the TV show.
Weak: Fighting, Poison, Bug
Resist: Electric, Water, Steel, Psychic
Immune: Ghost, Sound

Honestly might find a place in the meta! It walls Zapdos forever, and it can pull out Present to instantly delete Raikou/Cloyster/Exeggutor/Starmie given good RNG. Para-spreading is pretty neat. Unfortunately, doesn't have Self-Destruct this gen.

(Sound/Flying)
"It begins to hoot at the same time every day. Some trainers use them in place of clocks." "Its extremely soft feathers make no sound in flight. It silently sneaks up on prey without being detected."
This contrast between the two of them is being pretty cool, both of them being defined by their ability to manipulate their noises.
Weak: Ice, Rock, Poison
Resist: Fighting, Grass, Water, Steel, Psychic
Immune: Ground, Sound

Probably needs a bit more to really work in the meta. A decently strong Sound-type move does give it a chance to 2HKO Zapdos, but it lacks the ability to wall it as it ends up stuck in a Rest loop.

(Water/Sound)
"Whenever three or more of these get together, they sing in a loud voice that sounds like bellowing."
All of its PokeDex entries mention its sounds. I also think it's kinda weird that its a counterpart to a dual-type Pokemon, yet is single-typed.
Weak: Grass, Bug, Poison
Resist: Water (x0.25), Fire, Ice, Steel(x0.25), Psychic
Immune: Sound

It does end up stuck in a rest loop vs Zapdos, but good sleep talk rolls with a Sound-move always let it 2HKO Zapdos, forcing it into a similar spot. Growth, Lovely Kiss, Perish Song and Thief give it a lot of options, and those resists are honestly incredible.

This is all I think could be retyped, but I do think there are a lot of options in the later gens for ideas.

:whismur::loudred::exploud:(Sound)
"Exploud triggers earthquakes with the tremors it creates by bellowing. If this Pokémon violently inhales from the ports on its body, it's a sign that it is preparing to let loose a huge bellow."

:chingling::chimecho:(Psychic/Sound)
"Its cries echo inside its hollow body to emerge as beautiful notes for startling and repelling foes."

:chatot:(Sound/Flying)
"It keeps rhythm by flicking its tail feathers like a metronome. It imitates human speech."

:swablu::altaria:(Sound/Flying, Sound/Dragon)
"Altaria dances and wheels through the sky among billowing, cotton-like clouds. By singing melodies in its crystal-clear voice, this Pokémon makes its listeners experience dreamy wonderment."

:kricketot::kricketune:(Bug/Sound)
"It signals its emotions with its melodies. Scientists are studying these melodic patterns."

:noibat::noivern:(Dragon/Sound)
"The ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears can reduce a large boulder to pebbles. It swoops out of the dark to attack."

:jangmo-o::hakamo-o::kommo-o:(Dragon/Sound)
"When it howls after finishing off its prey, the metallic sounds of its celebrating comrades can be heard from all around."

:tympole::palpitoad::seismitoad:(Sound/Water -> Sound/Ground)
"On occasion, their cries are sublimely pleasing to the ear. Palpitoad with larger lumps on their bodies can sing with a wider range of sounds."

:maractus:(Grass/Sound)
"It uses an up-tempo song and dance to drive away the bird Pokémon that prey on its flower seeds."

:meloetta::meloetta-pirouette:(Sound/Psychic, Sound/Fighting)
"Its melodies are sung with a special vocalization method that can control the feelings of those who hear it."

All Pokemon make sounds, but Sound-type Pokemon have their sounds as the defining feature of them. There are more ideas than the ones I've laid out here, but I think you can probably figure them out.

Retyped Moves
Belly Drum, Growl, Heal Bell, Perish Song, Roar, Screech, Sing, Supersonic

New Moves
Bass Drop: 60BP. Deals double damage if the foe has a stat increase.
Power Ballad: 80BP. Raises user's Attack.
Noise Pulse: 95BP. 10% confusion chance.
Amplify: Sets a screen for 5 turns that increases SpA damage from your team.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
New Type: Artificial
Category
: Special
Flavor: Pokémon and moves that are robotic in nature, artificial light like a laser (not bioluminiscence or reflection / refraction), or have to do with cyberspace. Also involves anything that is simply created, and not naturally born.

Considerations for interactions with other types;
Super Effective Against: Normal (AI can outwit a normal person, but the opposite can also happen), Steel (swords and armors are obsolete due to weapon advancement)
Not Very Effective Against: Ice (Machinery are more prone to malfunction in excessively cold environment), Bug (difficult for robots to detect bugs due to their small size, also for wordplay)
Weak to: Normal (see above), Bug (see above)
Resistant to: Psychic (The only way a smart person to beat AI is to learn their flaws first)
Immune to: Steel (see above)

The main goal is to function similarly to Normal, a mostly neutral type but with some differences. Bug also gets a much needed buff, while keeping Steel in check. The mutual weakness to Normal is double-edged; while dominant GSC threats like Snorlax can handle them just fine, they do not want to switch into an Artificial attack either.

Example Pokémon that could gain this type (including Pokémon from later games):
  • :porygon: :porygon2: (Normal / Artificial)
  • :mewtwo: (Psychic / Artificial; if legendary Pokémon can have a type added to them thst is)
  • :voltorb: :electrode: (Electric / Artificial)
  • :regirock: :regice: :registeel: :regigigas: :regieleki: :regidrago:(Respective type / Artificial)
  • :meltan: :melmetal: (Steel / Artificial)
Example Moves:

Laser Focus (revamped): 40 BP, 100% accuracy, always deals Critical Hit
Laser Beam: 95 BP, 100% accuracy, 10% chance of inflicting Burn
Robo Rush: 120 BP, 85% accuracy, 10% chance of inflicting Paralysis
Cooldown: Non-damaging, 100% accuracy, recover PP by 5 each and switch out
Art Cover: Non-damaging, 100% accuracy, provide protection against non-direct damage for five turns, then switch out

Last edited:
New Type: Delta

Flavor: “Pokemon with this typing are the result of Delta radiation. A strange anomaly in itself as these Pokémon often exhibit types their evolutionary relatives aren’t known to ever have.”

This concept is a strange one, admittedly. But Deltas actually have some history in the Pokémon franchise. They were introduced in the Pokémon TCG a long while ago. Some examples being a Steel-Type Pikachu, Electric-Type Dragonite, etc. I absolutely love this concept so what if it became a type in itself? That’s why I’m throwing the Delta-Type into the ring this slate.

Pokemon of this type will get the Delta-Type upon evolution and a new secondary type.

Attacking

Super effective- Ghost

Not very Effective- Normal and Delta

Reason for S.E.- Delta radiation is a strange phenomenon. It changes the very spirit and soul of a Pokémon.

Reasoning for N.V.E: Natural or ‘Normal’ things in nature aren’t very kind to creatures with genetic anomalies. Normal-Types are often shown to be very versatile with how they play out. Deltas are also basically radiated so trying to radiate something that’s already a genetic mutation doesn’t really work.

Defending

Weak to- Normal

Resists- Fighting and Delta

Immune to- Ghost

Reasoning for Weak to: Deltas are abnormalities of nature. Normal is as basic as basic can get and by definition are ‘natural’ ~~exception being the Porygon line~~ Nature is known to be a harsh mistress to abnormalities like this.

Reasoning for Resistance: …Have you ever tried suplexing a mutant? Not fun. Don’t recommend. Plus trying to radiate something that’s already mutated isn’t very effective.

Reasoning for immunity: Radiation has changed the Pokémon’s soul, leaving them unable to be touched by Ghost-Types

Example Pokemon that could get this type:

Oh boy there’s quite a few to list actually. Some existing lines like say our boy Wartortle could evolve into a new evolution. Delta/Fire Blastoise anyone? >:3 Imagine it. Existing evolutionary lines getting a new lease in life by getting radiated could shake things up pretty wildly. I personally wouldn’t mind a Delta Furret cause lord knows it could use something. Maybe a Delta/Dragon Pichu evolution? Pikablu could actually become reality.

There’s even a few past submissions that could very well fall under this type as well!

Like Psymese for example. This submission of mine has had a pretty rough history but if Deltas were a thing it could breathe new life as a new evolution for Meowth. Delta/Ghost or Delta/Dark perhaps? Either way it's a fun idea.

The second submission I propose to receive the Delta type is Ema Skye’s Ursaleste. A Delta/Psychic type Teddiursa evolution could be pretty cool in my humble opinion.

Example Moves:

Delta Wave:
60BP, Never miss move

Radiate: Non-damaging, 100% accurate move that lowers the special defense of the target

Fusion Beam- 100 BP, 90% accuracy. Deals both Delta and whatever secondary type the user is in damage.

————————-

These are some of my crazy ideas anyway. With this type the possibilities are limitless.

Last edited:

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
New Type: Machine

Flavor: This is a concept flavour type I came up with absolutely years ago, long before Pet Mods itself even existed! It never made its way into any fanmade content, so here's its chance to finally become 'real'.

The type chart was never finalised, and was designed more in mind of a ROM hack at the time, so I have modified this yet again to be more suitable for the current tier's shape.

Thus I've decided to go with a special type that is good against electrics. Electric typing grants a single weakness to Ground in GSC, while having a pretty powerful option in type coverage alongside an Ice move. Machine attempts to intersect that and pressure the Hidden Power Legends to consider running HP Water to hit Machine types~

Attacking
Super Effective Against: Rock, Electric, Grass
Not Very Effective Against: Ground, Fire, Water, Fighting
Neutral: Normal, Flying, Psychic, Grass, Ice, Steel, Dragon, Dark, Ghost, Bug, Poison, Machine

Defending
Super Effective Damage: Water, Steel, Ground
Not Very Effective Damage: Electric, Ghost, Rock
Neutral: Normal, Flying, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Ice, Dragon, Dark, Bug, Poison, Machine

:gs/blastoise:
Water/Machin

:gs/voltorb: :gs/electrode:
Electrc/Machin

:gs/porygon: :gs/porygon2:
Machin

Example Moves:

Move Name: Rock Smash
Typing: Machine
BP: 75
PP: 24
Accuracy: 100
Secondary Effects: ~20% chance to lower the opponent's special defense by 1 stage.

Move Name: Tri Attack
BP: 80
PP: 16
Secondary Effects: ~20% chance to inflict burn, paralysis or freeze on the opponent.

Move Name: Egg Bomb
BP: 120
PP: 8
Secondary Effects: No additional effect.

Move Name: Spike Cannon
BP: 25
Accuracy: 95
Secondary Effects: Hits 2-5 times in succession.

Last edited:
New Type: Spirit
Flavor: The definition of a spirit is "the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul:". Pokemon of this type are in touch with their own and others emotions. Spirit are said to feud with Ghost type and Dark type pokemon and this makes sense cause of various pokedex entries of ghost type and dark pokemon causing mischief as to opposed to spirit pokemon helping others find their way.

Attacking
Super Effective Against: Ghost, Dark
Not Very Effective Against: Fighting, Poison
Neutral: All other types for now

Defending
Super Effective Damage: Ghost, Dark, Poison
Not Very Effective Damage: Fighting, Normal, Fire

Example Pokémon that could gain this type: (Optional) Medicham's pokedex entry talks about spiritual energy and sensing what others think could fit the spirit type well over psychic. The emotion pokemon, Mesprit; pokedex entry mentions its spirit leaving its body to fly on the lakes surface and it also can control other's emotions. The other two pokemon of the lake trio fit as well. Lucario can transfer its aura to other people and pokemon although it can be costly.
Example Moves:
Calm mind, Meditate, Stored Power, Aura Sphere, Focus energy, Focus Blast. Essence seal, Expel.

:umbreon:Slate 10.1: Voting is now open!:forretress:

Voting Template:
Code:
Type 1 (First Place)
Type 2 (Second Place)
Type 3 (Third Place)
Type 4 (Fourth Place)
etc.
Guidelines:
A few things to note:
- Please only vote for yourself in second place or lower! (This is just because your submission should always win based on the amount of other people who want it in + it allows you to choose someone else's sub that you like the most.)
- Even if you did not submit, you are allowed to vote!
- Each vote counts separately for someone's individual submission. (Only vote for one move at a time, not someone's entire submission post.)
- You can vote for as many submissions as you’d like.
- Votes are weighted with first place holding the most points and descending accordingly.

A more detailed breakdown of Sevii Island's voting system can be found in the OP!
Submissions:
New Type: Cosmic-type
Flavor: “Pokemon of this type are often described as “other-worldly” and mysterious. Many also seem to have a connection to space and the stars~” I think this allows for the type to only cover a small, niche amount of 'mons, moves, and ideas currently in CSI, allowing it to not trample on any current balance or concepts, while also being different enough that a ton of potential is locked away.

ATTACKING
- s.e. against Dragon, Cosmic, Ground, Normal
- n.v.e against Bug, Ghost, Steel

Reasoning for the s.e....
I personally see this type as very "sunder the ones below" sorta vibe. Dragons, Ground, and Normal all being blasted fit the feeling of this being real astral power. Be it the sword made from the fallen star to slay the dragon, the meteor blasting into the ground below, or the mortal blasted apart by the cosmic radiance from above... These are all thematic considerations. Stars colliding in a blaze of glory is also rad af. Of course these are all strong balance considerations as well.
"Shouldn't dragons beat this?"
Naw. What you on? Look at the above. If you wanna say Dragons are weak that's because our two dragon 'mons are weak and have no moves to spam, we just got a new dragon move and they should actually be playable now. B)

Reasoning for the n.v.e....
Starfire doesn't melt steel beams? Ghosts in space?? What the hell is a bug?! Primarily these are mechanical things, but the flavor is the "odd" resisting the Cosmic-type, and it really does just snuggly slot in as a natural connection when strung together like this! Seriously, bug resisting cosmic is legendary.

DEFENDING
- resists Rock, Ground
- weak to Psychic, Ghost, Cosmic

Reasoning for the resists....
Asteroids! No astral body can be in the way of the cosmic might!

Reasoning for the weaknesses....
A similar story for the n.v.e., the strange and bizarre are what can properly handle Cosmic... Psychics, Ghosts, and the Cosmic type itself! This leans into a sorta space horror aspect a bit as well. And wouldja look at that, it also slightly shifts the meta a bit by resisting strong common moves/types while also inviting in lesser used typings... ;)

:Ledian: :Clefable: :Starmie: :Togetic: :Blissey: Tunguru

Furthermore, here's two of our previous submissions that didn't make it in previously, but I believe would be PERFECT in consideration of the Cosmic type! In the case of Gemlin I'd say Cosmic/Rock and for Ursaleste maybe Cosmic/Dark or Normal/Cosmic?

Also--A potential Cosmic/Dragon legendary idea? A Cosmic Eeveelution?? Helloooooo??? It prints money!

-

Example Moves:
Old moves to consider being changed to this type... Anything from Ancientpower, Comet Punch, Swift, to Wish.

I also seen a previous submission that just calls to me as a great idea.

-

I hope I've managed to properly showcase this idea off, AND flex how it can be easily and readily applied to a bunch of different ideas by showing off it's ability to not only work with currently in the game moves and 'mons, but some of our own previous submissions from earlier slates!
View attachment 435656
New Type: Beast-type
Category: Physical
Flavor: Pokémon of this type would be of a wild, fearsome, untamed nature. Several of the potential candidates to receive this typing are currently pure-special types with respectable (physical) Attack stats, so providing them with a physical STAB would ideally improve their viability in the metagame. For the Pokémon that already have a physical-typing, this would grant them additional STAB coverage and new type-matchups.

Beasts are often creatures known for fiercely hunting their prey, so the types that Beast hits for super-effective should at least loosely reflect that.
Some examples (not at all set-in-stone) could be: Water, Flying, Ground, Normal (representing aquatic, aerial, burrowing, and “plain” creatures).

On the flipside, there are certain things that the sheer might of beasts either can’t, or doesn’t want to, handle from an offensive standpoint.
Examples: Bug (large beasts probably don’t care too much about bugs scuttling around underfoot, so they don’t put much effort into attacking them), Poison, Fire (what wild animal wants to mess with a foe that they know is wielding either of those things).

Defensively, Beast-types should be able to shrug off certain natural elements that they’re used to living with on a daily basis.
Examples: Dark (many beasts hunt in the dark, but even those that don’t should be plenty used to the darkness that falls over wild areas every night), Ground (natural disasters like earthquakes and landslides are common occurrences in some places), Ice (creatures living in cold climates should be well-acclimated to Winter temperatures and weather).

Finally, beasts do have exploitable weaknesses, particularly things that they don’t encounter in the wild and things that they may encounter naturally, but that aren’t actively attacking them.
Examples: Steel (such tough, refined metal doesn’t occur at all in the wild, and as such beasts aren’t equipped to deal with breaking through it), Fire, Electric (beasts may know to avoid volcanos, forest fires, and lightning, but they can’t very well deal with those elements when they’re being purposely attacked by them).

:gs/Arcanine:, :gs/Donphan:, :gs/Feraligatr:, :gs/Pidgeot:, :gs/Primeape:, :gs/Sneasel:, :gs/Ursaring:

Example Moves:
Old moves- Slash, Skull Bash, Rage, Fury Attack, Sharpen, Roar, Mean Look…
New move ideas- Speaking generally, future Beast-type moves could largely be focused on dishing out raw damage and boosting the user’s offensive stats (particularly Attack, Speed, and Accuracy). There’s good flavor potential with this type for recoil-based moves and moves with a cost to the user (thinking along the lines of Belly Drum). Status moves that are intimidating in nature also fit nicely with this typing.
New Type: Sound-type
Flavor: There are many Pokemon already based off of sound, which is portrayed with Pokemon based off of instruments, or noise itself. Sound could be a far as a living bell, or just a Pokemon who sings. Now, although every Sound-based move (think: Soundproof) makes sound, that doesn't mean they all need to be Sound type.

• Sound-type Pokemon are weak to: Poison, Bug [Getting sick causes your vocal chords to hurt, Bugs are attuned to sounds]
  • Sound-type Pokemon resist: Electric, Water, Steel, Psychic [Sounds manipulate Electricity, Water/Steel impact sound wave's speed and sound calms the mind]
  • Sound-type Pokemon are immune to: Sound [Two sound waves cancel each other out]
  • Sound-type moves are super effective on: Electric, Water, Steel, Psychic
  • Sound-type moves are not very effective on: Bug, Poison, Ice [ice muffles sounds]
  • Sound-type moves do no damage on: Sound
Bugs and Poisons could use a competitive boost given their poor type charts. Electric definitely could use some more counterplay, and this generally ends up being a fairly meta-shifting type.

(I've also included type charts for what they could look like, using the above interactions)

(Sound/Normal) [type order is relevant for Present]
"Looking into its cute, round eyes causes it to sing a relaxing melody, inducing its enemies to sleep."
C'mon, y'all have seen the TV show.
Weak: Fighting, Poison, Bug
Resist: Electric, Water, Steel, Psychic
Immune: Ghost, Sound

Honestly might find a place in the meta! It walls Zapdos forever, and it can pull out Present to instantly delete Raikou/Cloyster/Exeggutor/Starmie given good RNG. Para-spreading is pretty neat. Unfortunately, doesn't have Self-Destruct this gen.

(Sound/Flying)
"It begins to hoot at the same time every day. Some trainers use them in place of clocks." "Its extremely soft feathers make no sound in flight. It silently sneaks up on prey without being detected."
This contrast between the two of them is being pretty cool, both of them being defined by their ability to manipulate their noises.
Weak: Ice, Rock, Poison
Resist: Fighting, Grass, Water, Steel, Psychic
Immune: Ground, Sound

Probably needs a bit more to really work in the meta. A decently strong Sound-type move does give it a chance to 2HKO Zapdos, but it lacks the ability to wall it as it ends up stuck in a Rest loop.

(Water/Sound)
"Whenever three or more of these get together, they sing in a loud voice that sounds like bellowing."
All of its PokeDex entries mention its sounds. I also think it's kinda weird that its a counterpart to a dual-type Pokemon, yet is single-typed.
Weak: Grass, Bug, Poison
Resist: Water (x0.25), Fire, Ice, Steel(x0.25), Psychic
Immune: Sound

It does end up stuck in a rest loop vs Zapdos, but good sleep talk rolls with a Sound-move always let it 2HKO Zapdos, forcing it into a similar spot. Growth, Lovely Kiss, Perish Song and Thief give it a lot of options, and those resists are honestly incredible.

This is all I think could be retyped, but I do think there are a lot of options in the later gens for ideas.

:whismur::loudred::exploud:(Sound)
"Exploud triggers earthquakes with the tremors it creates by bellowing. If this Pokémon violently inhales from the ports on its body, it's a sign that it is preparing to let loose a huge bellow."

:chingling::chimecho:(Psychic/Sound)
"Its cries echo inside its hollow body to emerge as beautiful notes for startling and repelling foes."

:chatot:(Sound/Flying)
"It keeps rhythm by flicking its tail feathers like a metronome. It imitates human speech."

:swablu::altaria:(Sound/Flying, Sound/Dragon)
"Altaria dances and wheels through the sky among billowing, cotton-like clouds. By singing melodies in its crystal-clear voice, this Pokémon makes its listeners experience dreamy wonderment."

:kricketot::kricketune:(Bug/Sound)
"It signals its emotions with its melodies. Scientists are studying these melodic patterns."

:noibat::noivern:(Dragon/Sound)
"The ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears can reduce a large boulder to pebbles. It swoops out of the dark to attack."

:jangmo-o::hakamo-o::kommo-o:(Dragon/Sound)
"When it howls after finishing off its prey, the metallic sounds of its celebrating comrades can be heard from all around."

:tympole::palpitoad::seismitoad:(Sound/Water -> Sound/Ground)
"On occasion, their cries are sublimely pleasing to the ear. Palpitoad with larger lumps on their bodies can sing with a wider range of sounds."

:maractus:(Grass/Sound)
"It uses an up-tempo song and dance to drive away the bird Pokémon that prey on its flower seeds."

:meloetta::meloetta-pirouette:(Sound/Psychic, Sound/Fighting)
"Its melodies are sung with a special vocalization method that can control the feelings of those who hear it."

All Pokemon make sounds, but Sound-type Pokemon have their sounds as the defining feature of them. There are more ideas than the ones I've laid out here, but I think you can probably figure them out.

Retyped Moves
Belly Drum, Growl, Heal Bell, Perish Song, Roar, Screech, Sing, Supersonic

New Moves
Bass Drop: 60BP. Deals double damage if the foe has a stat increase.
Power Ballad: 80BP. Raises user's Attack.
Noise Pulse: 95BP. 10% confusion chance.
Amplify: Sets a screen for 5 turns that increases SpA damage from your team.
New Type: Artificial
Category
: Special
Flavor: Pokémon and moves that are robotic in nature, artificial light like a laser (not bioluminiscence or reflection / refraction), or have to do with cyberspace. Also involves anything that is simply created, and not naturally born.

Considerations for interactions with other types;
Super Effective Against: Normal (AI can outwit a normal person, but the opposite can also happen), Steel (swords and armors are obsolete due to weapon advancement)
Not Very Effective Against: Ice (Machinery are more prone to malfunction in excessively cold environment), Bug (difficult for robots to detect bugs due to their small size, also for wordplay)
Weak to: Normal (see above), Bug (see above)
Resistant to: Psychic (The only way a smart person to beat AI is to learn their flaws first)
Immune to: Steel (see above)

The main goal is to function similarly to Normal, a mostly neutral type but with some differences. Bug also gets a much needed buff, while keeping Steel in check. The mutual weakness to Normal is double-edged; while dominant GSC threats like Snorlax can handle them just fine, they do not want to switch into an Artificial attack either.

Example Pokémon that could gain this type (including Pokémon from later games):
  • :porygon: :porygon2: (Normal / Artificial)
  • :mewtwo: (Psychic / Artificial; if legendary Pokémon can have a type added to them thst is)
  • :voltorb: :electrode: (Electric / Artificial)
  • :regirock: :regice: :registeel: :regigigas: :regieleki: :regidrago:(Respective type / Artificial)
  • :meltan: :melmetal: (Steel / Artificial)
Example Moves:

Laser Focus (revamped): 40 BP, 100% accuracy, always deals Critical Hit
Laser Beam: 95 BP, 100% accuracy, 10% chance of inflicting Burn
Robo Rush: 120 BP, 85% accuracy, 10% chance of inflicting Paralysis
Cooldown: Non-damaging, 100% accuracy, recover PP by 5 each and switch out
Art Cover: Non-damaging, 100% accuracy, provide protection against non-direct damage for five turns, then switch out
New Type: Delta

Flavor: “Pokemon with this typing are the result of Delta radiation. A strange anomaly in itself as these Pokémon often exhibit types their evolutionary relatives aren’t known to ever have.”

This concept is a strange one, admittedly. But Deltas actually have some history in the Pokémon franchise. They were introduced in the Pokémon TCG a long while ago. Some examples being a Steel-Type Pikachu, Electric-Type Dragonite, etc. I absolutely love this concept so what if it became a type in itself? That’s why I’m throwing the Delta-Type into the ring this slate.

Pokemon of this type will get the Delta-Type upon evolution and a new secondary type.

Attacking

Super effective- Ghost

Not very Effective- Normal and Delta

Reason for S.E.- Delta radiation is a strange phenomenon. It changes the very spirit and soul of a Pokémon.

Reasoning for N.V.E: Natural or ‘Normal’ things in nature aren’t very kind to creatures with genetic anomalies. Normal-Types are often shown to be very versatile with how they play out. Deltas are also basically radiated so trying to radiate something that’s already a genetic mutation doesn’t really work.

Defending

Weak to- Normal

Resists- Fighting and Delta

Immune to- Ghost

Reasoning for Weak to: Deltas are abnormalities of nature. Normal is as basic as basic can get and by definition are ‘natural’ ~~exception being the Porygon line~~ Nature is known to be a harsh mistress to abnormalities like this.

Reasoning for Resistance: …Have you ever tried suplexing a mutant? Not fun. Don’t recommend. Plus trying to radiate something that’s already mutated isn’t very effective.

Reasoning for immunity: Radiation has changed the Pokémon’s soul, leaving them unable to be touched by Ghost-Types

Example Pokemon that could get this type:

Oh boy there’s quite a few to list actually. Some existing lines like say our boy Wartortle could evolve into a new evolution. Delta/Fire Blastoise anyone? >:3 Imagine it. Existing evolutionary lines getting a new lease in life by getting radiated could shake things up pretty wildly. I personally wouldn’t mind a Delta Furret cause lord knows it could use something. Maybe a Delta/Dragon Pichu evolution? Pikablu could actually become reality.

There’s even a few past submissions that could very well fall under this type as well!

Like Psymese for example. This submission of mine has had a pretty rough history but if Deltas were a thing it could breathe new life as a new evolution for Meowth. Delta/Ghost or Delta/Dark perhaps? Either way it's a fun idea.

The second submission I propose to receive the Delta type is Ema Skye’s Ursaleste. A Delta/Psychic type Teddiursa evolution could be pretty cool in my humble opinion.

Example Moves:

Delta Wave:
60BP, Never miss move

Radiate: Non-damaging, 100% accurate move that lowers the special defense of the target

Fusion Beam- 100 BP, 90% accuracy. Deals both Delta and whatever secondary type the user is in damage.

————————-

These are some of my crazy ideas anyway. With this type the possibilities are limitless.
New Type: Machine

Flavor: This is a concept flavour type I came up with absolutely years ago, long before Pet Mods itself even existed! It never made its way into any fanmade content, so here's its chance to finally become 'real'.

The type chart was never finalised, and was designed more in mind of a ROM hack at the time, so I have modified this yet again to be more suitable for the current tier's shape.

Thus I've decided to go with a special type that is good against electrics. Electric typing grants a single weakness to Ground in GSC, while having a pretty powerful option in type coverage alongside an Ice move. Machine attempts to intersect that and pressure the Hidden Power Legends to consider running HP Water to hit Machine types~

Attacking
Super Effective Against: Rock, Electric, Grass
Not Very Effective Against: Ground, Fire, Water, Fighting
Neutral: Normal, Flying, Psychic, Grass, Ice, Steel, Dragon, Dark, Ghost, Bug, Poison, Machine

Defending
Super Effective Damage: Water, Steel, Ground
Not Very Effective Damage: Electric, Ghost, Rock
Neutral: Normal, Flying, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Ice, Dragon, Dark, Bug, Poison, Machine

:gs/blastoise:
Water/Machin

:gs/voltorb: :gs/electrode:
Electrc/Machin

:gs/porygon: :gs/porygon2:
Machin

Example Moves:

Move Name: Rock Smash
BP: 75
Secondary Effects: ~20% chance to lower the opponent's special defense by 1 stage.

Move Name: Tri Attack
BP: 80
PP: 16
Secondary Effects: ~20% chance to inflict burn, paralysis or freeze on the opponent.

Move Name: Egg Bomb
BP: 120
PP: 8
Secondary Effects: No additional effect.

Move Name: Spike Cannon
BP: 25
Accuracy: 95
Secondary Effects: Hits 2-5 times in succession.
New Type: Spirit
Flavor: The definition of a spirit is "the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul:". Pokemon of this type are in touch with their own and others emotions. Spirit are said to feud with Ghost type and Dark type pokemon and this makes sense cause of various pokedex entries of ghost type and dark pokemon causing mischief as to opposed to spirit pokemon helping others find their way.

Attacking
Super Effective Against: Ghost, Dark
Not Very Effective Against: Fighting, Poison

Defending
Super Effective Damage: Ghost, Dark, Poison
Not Very Effective Damage: Fighting, Normal, Fire

Example Pokémon that could gain this type: (Optional) Medicham's pokedex entry talks about spiritual energy and sensing what others think could fit the spirit type well over psychic. The emotion pokemon, Mesprit; pokedex entry mentions its spirit leaving its body to fly on the lakes surface and it also can control other's emotions. The other two pokemon of the lake trio fit as well. Lucario can transfer its aura to other people and pokemon although it can be costly.
Example Moves:
Calm mind, Meditate, Stored Power, Aura Sphere, Focus energy, Focus Blast. Essence seal, Expel.
Refresh your page if the option to expand the quotes is not showing up.

Please message me if there are any errors with the way your submission is listed!

Voting will close on Monday, July 18th!

1. Cosmic - It can see a lot of ideas for this one. At bit obvious but sometimes thats alright.
  2. Artificial - I really like this one,is vague but also allows us to explore multiple great possibilities.
  3. Beast - Its fun, but pretty much every mon is somewhat eligble to be classified as a beast.Edit: After more deliberation I have been persuaded by its appeal of diversifying otherwise simple normal types/mono typing Mons.
  4. Spirit - Bit too similar to ghost, but it does feel unique at least
  5. Sound - One of the most used concepts when talking about new typings, but i can always appreciate the sense it makes. Edit: After more deliberation I feel like this type goes too superficial to work.
  6. Delta - A bit too weird honestly but probs for creativity
  7. Machine - I find the concept of the type to be way too similar to steel for my liking.
Pretty creative slate, glad to see light type cucks taking more ls

Last edited:
1. Delta --- One of the most interesting submissions for this slate. This is an out of the box suggestion that, regardless of the exacts proposed, is a wild concept that I wholeheartedly support.

2. Cosmic (sv) --- I feel very strongly about my own submission, I've seen folks give a number of unique ideas about what to potentially use this typing for, and that's something that I've really enjoyed. It feels very fantastical as a type.

3. Machine --- To explain a little; This type, I feel, doesn't overlap with Steel. Sure it can be a complimentary typing(like how Bug is to Poison and Flying) but I don't feel like it locks all concepts to be like that. The three suggested pokemon help support this as none of them fit as a Steel type, but do as a Machine type. Another worth considering is Horatekku even.

4. Spirit --- This type is a last minute addition and no suggested pokemon are of the current gen, but I think it covers a unique sphere of concepts to really stick out despite the seeming overlap with Fighting/Psychic/Ghost, it separates itself as it's own unique thing that I feel can compliment any of those prior types.

5. Beast --- I feel like Beast is an odd duck, it's the only Physical type submitted, and it makes sense, but I personally don't think it's as sharp as the above four and is a bit too aimless in that respect. Not a knock on that, mind, when I say 'not as sharp' I mean the direction of the type, not the submission itself(which is very good). T Beast type could be added to a lot of different 'mons and concepts that already exist, while the other four don't retread ground too hard, making me feel less confident about the type. However I can 100% see a Beast type in Gen 2/CSI and am all for it still getting in, and I think it being the only suggested Physical type is also a worthy discussion point!

6. Artificial --- Simply don't like the name and how loose it is as a result. I would've voted this as 3 if Machine didn't exist and would've called for a name change.

7. Sound --- I'm straight up not a fan of this concept at all. I think it's actually dog water. I'm not typically negative when I'm giving my opinions but I despise this type, it's this weird typing that seems like a lot of stuff could fit it, but is actually fairly specific and it really rubs me the wrong way. It's also, in comparison to the other submissions, less original. I've seen Light and Sound types a plenty in romhacks. Also because of it being changed to this last minute I had to change my votes around because Mirror was gone. >:(

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
1. Beast
Beastly submission; helps diversify the beigeness that is Normal type Pokemon. Voting on this mainly as I believe diversifying Normal will help C:SI a lot in creating identities for Pokemon that aren't Snorlax.

2. Delta
In terms of creativity, this is by far my favourite submission on the list. This is a submission that could be taken in absolutely any direction, leaving our imaginations to be the decider. I'm not huge on the currently proposed typechart though, as it seems a little too neutral to be effective in high level play. But everything else goes very strongly for Delta in my opinion and we should seriously be considering this one as a flavour addition alone.

3. Cosmic
A very alt-universe take on the Fairy type from my perspective, but not in a derivative way. There's lots of lore in-game referring to how Pokemon originally came from space, and this definitely shows itself in quite a few Mons in general. Cosmic as a flavour also allows for a very large range of potential typechart iterations. Like it!

4. Machine (sv)
Me

5. Artificial

This is effectively the same as Machine. I suppose stretching this as a flavour to accommodate more currently existing Pokemon is possible, but I feel like defining direction beyond that is a little too vague.

6. Spirit
I feel that this is too similar to the Ghost type, unfortunately. Thus I'm unable to identify existing Pokemon that fit the concept, and feel that the type interactions, in order to make sense, are slightly pigeonholed into a direction that makes Spirit probably neutral. It being weak to Poison is an interesting and fun proposition though

7. Sound
I was ready to put Mirror above even my own submission. I can't vote for Sound type in earnest though; I don't want this mod to turn into a Prism homage.

1. Cosmic (Stars and stuff is cool as heck. Plus already have mon ideas flooding out for this type)

2. Delta (I love me some mutants)

3. Machine (Terminator bayeeee lets go)

4. Beast

5. Sound (I’m in the mindset of liking Mirror better)

6. Artificial

7. Spirit (We already kind of have a Ghost-Type so I feel this one is rather redundant)

Ema Skye

Work!
Beast - With Normals being immediately compared to Snorlax, a type that splits Normal up is honestly brilliant for increasing viability.
Sound - I get why people don't like it, but I really do. Damn, I do miss Mirror-type though.
Spirit - I actually disagree with the Ghost-type similarities here. I think it does end up being a Psychic-type cut-off. It also doesn't really fit any of our current mons, which I think is kinda neat as it preserves the typing of everything.
Artificial - Could use a bit of refining, but I like the idea that is here.
Machine - Feels really limited in scope compared to Artificial.
Delta - Feels way too open-ended and lacks a lot of direction. It feels like it could be whatever it wants to be.
Cosmic - As a Normal-type cutoff, Beast is cooler.

Last edited:
1. Spirit - Thematically I imagine this could allow for some really interesting options, it’s also quite open in terms of interactions with other types, so this would also allow for a bit of catering when it comes to the next slate
2. Cosmic - Very cool concept and has a specific thematic sense to it which would allow for a streamlined approach to implementation
3. Artificial - This one seems like a nice fill in to odd mons. I’ve always felt like some artificial Pokémon felt off. Porygon isn’t that normal. Electrode is literally an animate Pokéball. Ditto also does not feel normal. I feel like this also fits the scientific thematics that already exist in CSI.
4. Sound - I think this one is interesting and is a bit more comprehensible than some of the other types. I think the fact that it has been theorymoned so much in the past is a nice trait since it’s likely not to be too difficult to implement.
5. Beast - I enjoy the flexibility of this type. Justifications could be majorly up to submitters for future additions. Theoretically every Pokémon is a beast, so this off shoot seems to differentiate your average mon to mons that are completely beast like/feral. Kinda makes me think of how Dark-type is also considered Evil-type in some contexts.
6. Machine - I enjoy this one, but in comparison to others, I personally find it to have a bit of overlap with Steel. Not directly, but some of the other suggested types have a lot less overlap in my opinion. I feel like there are a lot of Steel-types that are designed as animate machines and I worry that a type like this would become a bit of a sub for Steel on some mons.
7. Delta - This one is direct and simple, though I feel like it is personally a bit too abstract for my taste. I feel like Delta mons/types have been explored in a lot of contexts, even in other mods, so I feel like it loses a bit of the novelty I crave from a new type.

Last edited:
1. Cosmic
I really enjoy the flavor of this type. It’s quite distinct from anything else we have and would allow for some creative new subs for both mons and moves. A lot of Pokémon that exist to date are, well, cosmic in nature, so having a type that‘s just for them as opposed to tossing them in with the Normals and Psychics is a pretty great idea.

2. Beast (SV)
I‘m a big fan of my own sub, largely because I think Beast could significantly improve the viability of many mons that are currently BL-tier or lower by granting them new and/or additional STAB coverage and changing their type-matchups. I should’ve clarified the flavor/direction of the type in my OP a bit more, to be fair. While, in a broad sense, all mons could be considered beasts, this type would be reserved for ones that feel truly ferocious. The kind of creatures you’d be scared to run into if unprepared.

3. Machine
This feels like the most underrated type for this slate, it’s got some really cool flavor. Machine feels largely distinct from Steel-type from my perspective. Machine seems restricted to mons that are robotic in nature, or have some kind of technology as a component of their body (cyborgs, kinda sorta, even if very basic ones). Using the example mons from the OP, Blastoise has mechanical cannons in its shell, but overall, it’s not a metallic Pokémon. Electrode is essentially a living Pokéball, but its composition is unclear. Porygon might as well be a living computer, and is said to consist entirely of code. On the flipside, most of the currently existing Steel-types in this gen, including all of Steelix, Skarmory, Magneton/Magnemite, Forretress, and Scizor, don’t feel like machines, at least to me. They all clearly have metal bodies, but very few of them (looking at the Magneton line, to a degree, plus Horatekku) feel manmade or technological in nature. In closing, I feel like this type has excellent potential for future mons that are either entirely or partly mechanical without having significant overlap with Steel.

4. Spirit
This is another really cool type. And, like Machine, it feels plenty distinct from any other existing ones. It has a mystic, legend-ish (not relating to legendary mons, to be clear) vibe that I quite enjoy. Could fit nicely on a handful of already existing mons and has solid potential for creating new Pokémon around it, especially ones with heavy lore.

5. Sound
It’s a cool type, goes very well with the Pokémon highlighted in the OP. No heavy complaints regarding it whatsoever, I just feel like it’s been done a lot already in ROM hacks and such, so I’m more in support of the new types above as a result.

6. Artificial
Just like Machine, I feel like it’s distinct enough from Steel that it could definitely be its own thing. That said, while Machine feels like it could be either the main type and theme of a Pokémon, or more of an accent type (for mons that aren’t entirely technological in nature), Artificial feels reserved for mons that are entirely… artificial. Still a cool type, just seems a bit more niche to me. Could entirely be a perspective thing, though.

7. Delta
I really love the concept of Delta Pokémon as a whole, but having it as its own type feels very unusual. Deltas typically have entirely new type-matchups based on whatever their new one or two types are, but with it being its own thing, it infringes upon that idea. If it were to have neutral offensive and defensive matchups against every other type, I might like it a bit more, as it could lead to some neat, pseudo-monotype revamps of already existing Pokémon that would ideally be more viable in the OU meta than their regular counterparts. But, that doesn’t seem to be the direction it’s going in. All that said, I still think it’s a cool sub, just a bit of an odd idea for my taste.

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
Cosmic - I actually LOVE this type idea, but I really want Beast to win and so I am strategically voting this lower. since the two are frontrunners. Would be my #1 if Beast wasn't here.
I didn't think I'd ever have to do this, but I'm going to have to step in as a member of the council here and call you out here for this behaviour. Voting should be a representation of what you would like to see added to the mod, and you're expected to rank them in order of favourite to least favourite. After this has been done, we tally up the scores and the highest scoring submissions qualify to make it into Sevii Islands.

Vote fixing in a manner to intentionally drive up a submission to overtake another's score is incredibly disrespectful to both the submitters but also it's disrespectful to the mod itself. You shouldn't even be counting other people's votes - there is a basis of trust given to you, that you'll look at the other voters to get a general idea of which direction votes will be heading and possibly even discuss this here or on the Discord. You've broken this trust by intentionally tanking the votes but then also admitting to doing this. This mod has a small number of regular participants and this puts us in a position where if any one of us chooses to behave like this, the integrity of voting can potentially swing straight towards any single voter to manipulate the result as you have.

The council will be in discussion about what happens next.

Edit: You've edited your post before I was able to finish writing up a response. You've still bumped your favourite concept idea to the bottom at the last minute, and now the results of this slate have been affected by this.

Edit 2: To anyone else reading; please don't count the votes out of boredom or whatever it is that might compel you. You're ruining the mod cycle for everybody else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)