Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

I Don't Believe This Thing Exists Episode 6!

Because the usual "Watch Battles" didn't provide nice results, it's time to get our hands dirty!
...Except that Elo system makes it harder to find "worthy opponent", so I gave up.

Morty: "Oh no! Please don't tell Jasmine!"
Well, too late. I've seen everything. Besides, why shouldn't I tell her?
Morty: "Well, um, because... hmm... uh..."
Well, a new gossip for Fox News, then. I am going to make a buttload of money by selling this story.
Morty: "Please no! Whitney would be mad at me if she knows that I..."
Cheated with another girl? That spiced up the story even nicer. Well, consider this as a karma from what your Gengar did to me in HGSS while I swim in gold coins like Scrooge McDuck.
Morty: "... Fuck you."

Enough for today. It seems that the rate of silly sets in OU has declined since the introduction of Elo....

EDIT: ness64, it seems that one of our replays is the same. I have no intention to steal, sorry!

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
FairyBallsOfSteel: not audino
FairyBallsOfSteel: noooo
FairyBallsOfSteel: OH SHIT
FairyBallsOfSteel: EVEN WORSE

That guy's reaction when he realized he was going to lose is just priceless.

Definitely sigging this.
If you're going to use Special Mamoswine, at least have the common sense and decency to run Freeze Dry...

Last edited:
Random Shit volume 4:
-Normal Gem Explosion Metagross. Barely left a dent in Donphan.
-A mono bug team... with Leavanny and a sashed Volcarona. And all nicknamed for TF2 classes. It won.
-Quick Claw Florges.
-Sitrus Berry Skarmory. Um...
-Flame Orb Conkeldurr without Drain Punch.
-Rock Slide Greninja. That's different.
-Night Slash Aegislash.
-Sableye with Shadow Ball, Dig, and a Focus Sash. Same guy had a Dig Greninja, a Dig Zoroark, and a special Granbull.
-His opponent had a Florges with both Dazzling Gleam and Moonblast (STAB much?), a Drain Punch Gengar, and a Slash Garchomp.
-Non mega Pinsir.
-Swords Dance Celebi with... Dazzling Gleam. And Trick Room. And a scarfed (I'm assuming, because it was outslowed by a Starmie in TR) Outrage Hydreigon for a teammate.

Albacore

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
-Normal Gem Explosion Metagross. Barely left a dent in Donphan.
-Flame Orb Conkeldurr without Drain Punch.
Those aren't necessarily stupid. Unless Conk had Sheer Force or something.
-Rock Slide Greninja. That's different.
You do know physical Greninja is a thing, right?
-Sableye with Shadow Ball, Dig, and a Focus Sash. Same guy had a Dig Greninja, a Dig Zoroark, and a special Granbull.
-His opponent had a Florges with both Dazzling Gleam and Moonblast (STAB much?), a Drain Punch Gengar, and a Slash Garchomp.
-Non mega Pinsir.
-Swords Dance Celebi with... Dazzling Gleam. And Trick Room. And a scarfed (I'm assuming, because it was outslowed by a Starmie in TR) Outrage Hydreigon for a teammate.
Okay, those are stupid. I'll give you those.
-Night Slash Aegislash.
Gotta get that super-effective damage on Meoletta and Girafarig!

Albacore

I've lost count of the number of times someone attempted to double status me. Although to be fair, he might have thought Jellycent would switch, what with it being Toxic'd and everything

What can't be justified is people still going for Hypnosis after one of my Pokemon is already asleep.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-78698497
I scratched my head many times in this battle
I know, right? Who the hell still uses Electivire in OU?
>Shell Bell, Luster Purge Latios
To be fair, that shell bell kinda saved Latios.
>Focus Blast Toxicroak
In what way is that stupid?
>Roar of Time Smeargle
Okay, I"ll give you that one. That is pure gold. It genuinely seems like something someone might think is a good idea.

Last edited:
Normal Gem Explosion Metagross. Barely left a dent in Donphan.
I was gonna say that this isn't exactly stupid, but someone already beat me to it. I ran Normal Gen Explosion Meta on my Gen V doubles team pretty effectively. The only thing truly stupid would be that it barely left a dent in Donphan, which would mean the Metagross had to be running barely any attack. Here's what it should be doing even if it's not a +Attack nature:

252 Atk Normal Gem Metagross Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Donphan: 254-299 (66.1 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even without Adamant nature that should still have done quite a lot. In that sense, yeah the Metagross is silly. But the set itself isn't that silly, though I've seen it used more in doubles than in singles.

Albacore

Fought against a QuakeEdge Adamant 252 Attack Forretress yesterday night, which quite honestly baffled the hell out of me.
I'm guessing someone was sick of Talonflame setting up all over his Forry. Although Assault Vest Forretress with EdgeQuake, Rapid Spin and Volt Switch seems pretty interesting, especially given that it has no recovery to lose.
Additionally, Forretress actually has a higher base attack stat than Talonflame. Food for thought...

Random Shit volume 5:
-Leftovers + Acrobatics Gliscor. It got burned...
-Using Toxic Spikes against a mono Poison team.
-Yanma.
-Regigigas.
-Red Cards on Ninjask, Gorebyss (it also had Amnesia), and Mew.
-Vileplume with Teeter Dance. Well, if you're gonna use Vileplume...
-This was pretty funny: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-78781525
-Torterra with Solar Beam.
-Bibarel.
-Rest Victini. No Sleep Talk, no Chesto Berry.

And for the biggest WTF of them all, an Unnerve Tyranitar with Outrage, Facade, and Blizzard, holding... Aerodactylite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)