Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it considered hacking to legitly breed a pokemon from past generations and teach it the move tutor moves that it could have learned from Emerald Move Tutors?
Don't ask these questions - they're against the rules!

Most people would see that as hacking, especially as different combinations of Emerald move tutor moves and DP egg moves, abilities etc are illegal.

Is it alright to have more than one status effect on your team? E.g. My Wigglytuff has Thunder Wave for sweepers and my Altaria has toxic for walls, while my Mawile has Sing to incapacitate.

Sleep Clause is in effectm so, Sing is only really useful about once per battle for me. But three statuses isn't too useless, right?

I don't like to mix and match status too much. One mispredict and you've waved a wall or something. I prefer a bit more synergy, but that's just my style of play.

There is a popular qwilfish i'm going to build. The moveset is taunt/rain dance/waterfall/explosion or something along those lines. Can anyone who uses this suggest the best EV spread? Full attack is a given, but have you found that you need any speed EVs?

ok having a problem with my synchronizer today, I'm soft resetting regigias with an adamant synchronize ralts as lead, i have reset 7 times as none have been the nature I want is this just bad luck or is something effecting it?

For a choice scarf Absol what should I put as my last slot

Sucker Punch / X-Sxissor / Rock Smash

I already have Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Me First

A 1.5 boost equates to a +1 stat right?

@Lorak: Well, I don't know much about shinies, but judging from those numbers I would take my chances with the 6%. Perhaps go the safe route for a while, and then switch to the riskier route once you have a good number of shinies stored up?

Turn 1: Garchomp uses Earthquake on Charizard, it fails
Charizard uses Roost

Turn 2: Garchomp uses Earthquake

It still fails, right? I'm pretty sure it does, but someone disputed me and I really can't be bothered to check atm

Turn 1: Garchomp uses Earthquake on Charizard, it fails
Charizard uses Roost

Turn 2: Garchomp uses Earthquake

It still fails, right? I'm pretty sure it does, but someone disputed me and I really can't be bothered to check atm
Yep. If the rooster(lol) is slower, you're safe.

And +1 is 1.5x but remember to round down.

Yes, it fails. Roost only works until the end of the turn.
My question: Does the slower Pokemon get to use Me First in Trick Room?

What is Substitute's "health" based off of? I know it's from the user's stats, but which ones?
The substitute has as much HP as 1/4 of the total HP of the pokemon that used it.

Example: If a pokemon with 404 HP made a sub, the sub would have 101 HP.

If the HP isn't divisible by 4, then the sub's health is still 1/4 of the user's total HP, but rounded down.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Substitute creates a sub that has 1/4 of the user's health, rounded down. This means its possible to set the HP to allow 4 subs to be created, assuming the user does not take further damage from another source.

For example, a Ninjask with 260 HP creates 65 HP Subs (260/4). It could create 3 subs assuming they were broken each time, each one reducing 65 HP of Ninjask's HP. The fourth would fail since it would take Ninjask to 0 HP. However, when the third sub is created Ninjask is left with exactly enough HP to activate a pinch berry, such as Salac, Petaya and Liechi.

If Ninjask had 261 HP, it could make a fourth sub (261/4 = 65.25, rounded down to 65), and be left with 1 HP afterwards. The third sub does not allow for the activation of a pinch berry in this case, but the fourth one does, since it would take Ninjask below 25% of its health (after 3 subs it will have just more than 25% of its health and therefore not activate a pinch berry).

Also remember that subs each have their own HP, so its possible for them to survive a hit if it would do less than their total, but each's subs HP cannot be restored in anyway. This is why 404 HP total is a significant number, since the Substitutes created from a Pokemon with 404 HP has 101 HP, and is therefore not taken out in one hit by a L100 Pokemon using Seismic Toss or Night Shade, since that does 100 damage. 101 - 100 = 1, so the sub will survive a hit and can be used to block a second hit (but will not survive)

Thanks Gemerl, LoZDestroyer, and Toothache. One more question (you all don't have to answer this one, lol), can the Substitutes be hit by an attack and it be Super Effective or Not Very Effective? If so, what are it's weaknesses and resistances?

Does SNATCH steal Stealth Rocks, or does it do nothing? It steals Substitutes and Recover even, I thought Stealth Rocks would work.

Rock Smash. Sucker Punch is unneeded if Absol's scarfed and Rock Smash covers the Darks you would hit with X-Scissor. What's more you hit get to dent Steel-types switching in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)