Yugioh! TCG Thread

its pretty much this : cards that win me the game right now vs cards that give sick advantage. I pretty much go with the cards that win you the game vs made advantage when Im talking about most broken card. Chaos Emperor Dragon and Dark Strike Fighter are key examples.

[centerJust got back into the game.

Two decks I threw together for locals.

Monsters:21
2 Thestalos The Firestorm Monarch
2 Caius The Shadow Monarch
1 Cyber Dragon
3 Raiza The Storm Monarch
3 Gravekeeper's Spy
1 Breaker The Magical Warrior
1 Spirit Reaper
3 Gravekeeper's Commandant
1 Morphing Jar
2 Legendary Jujitsu Master
2 Dekoichi The Battlechanted Locomotive

Spells:11
3 Necrovalley
2 Book of Moon
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Brain Control
1 Allure of Darkness
3 Soul Exchange

Traps:8
1 Mirror Force
3 Royal Oppression
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Bottomless Trap Hole

Deck:40

Monsters:17
2 Legendary Jujitsu Master
1 Cyber Dragon
1 Neo Spacian Grand Mole
3 Red Gadget
3 Green Gadget
3 Yellow Gadget
3 Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer
1 Gorz The Emissary of Darkness

Spells:15
1 Smashing Ground
3 Fissure
3 Lightning Vortex
1 Limiter Removal
3 Creature Swap
3 Shrink
1 Pot of Avarice

Traps:13
3 Royal Oppression
3 Sakuretsu Armor
3 Trap Hole
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force
2 Bottomless Trap Hole

Deck:45

Also, did you guys take the Konami Judge Test yesterday? I passed it on the first try, and I haven't played in months. The test is a joke, and its mainly an age requirement imo.​

havent taken the test but Im sure Ill do it once Im bored. From what I heard too it is a damn joke.

like your Gadgets even though I dont agree with the Shrinks.. they are bad right now because of Kaluts and Honests. Id just put some Soul Takers in there in its place. Id cut the Jujitsus.. put in Solemn and maybe a Bribe.. 45 is the good old number it isnt really necessary. oh and you forgot Trageodia.. run a copy or two of him in here. And of course Dimensional Prison but Im sure you know that.

its pretty much this : cards that win me the game right now vs cards that give sick advantage. I pretty much go with the cards that win you the game vs made advantage when Im talking about most broken card. Chaos Emperor Dragon and Dark Strike Fighter are key examples.
I guess this is the classic argument of Consistency vs. Explosiveness, but whenever there's an argument of consistency vs. explosiveness, consistency is what I choose, as consistency is what consistently wins games. As those "cards that can win you the game right now" can't always win you the game at all times.

think of it this way too, the decks that abused the OTK ability of Dark Strike Fighter had draw power. While a PoG or Graceful would have made that process faster, there is no doubt that Pot of Avarice and Allure of Darkness didnt get the job done in a deck like Cat Synchro. And DSF ended more games than not, while not always OTKing, it was usually a on board DSF that ended it.

and consistency doesnt really have much merit with DSF since its a Synchro.. meaning all you had to do was draw the combo which was sooooo easy.. not like having to draw CED or Heavy+Stein+Megamorph.. it was just too good and definitely is better than PoG imo.

think of it this way too, the decks that abused the OTK ability of Dark Strike Fighter had draw power. While a PoG or Graceful would have made that process faster, there is no doubt that Pot of Avarice and Allure of Darkness didnt get the job done in a deck like Cat Synchro. And DSF ended more games than not, while not always OTKing, it was usually a on board DSF that ended it.

and consistency doesnt really have much merit with DSF since its a Synchro.. meaning all you had to do was draw the combo which was sooooo easy.. not like having to draw CED or Heavy+Stein+Megamorph.. it was just too good and definitely is better than PoG imo.
Well, like you said, the whole fact that DSF could consistently be explosive and win you the game is the reason it was banned. That's the key word, consistency, it probably wouldn't have been banned if it wasn't finishing off like every other game when it was allowed.

GK.

Monsters:15
3 Gravekeeper's Assailant
3 Gravekeeper's Spy
1 Gravekeeper's Guard
1 Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier
3 Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer

Spells:16
3 Necrovalley
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Brain Control
3 Book of Moon
3 Royal Tribute
3 Soliditary
2 Allure of Darkness

Traps:9
1 Mirror Force
1 Magician's Circle
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment
3 Rite of Spirit
2 Bottomless Trap Hole

You would be suprised how fast they can swarm, and beat face behind Necrovalley, and Soliditary. Royal Tribute is also broken with only 15 monsters to be honest, most of the time, I ended up getting like a +2-3 against Lightsworns turn one when using it. It also lets me see their hand.

Also, thanks for the help on my previous decks Warthog. =]

by the way some irc users play on yvd and we have set up an irc channel on synirc aptly named #yugioh so if you want to organise some games or just chat about yugioh come on over
oh yeah and lizardman it's just me but i reckon gale splashes well into most decks, gks included so maybe
-1 royal tribute
+1 blackwing - gale the whirlwind

Gale doesnt really go with his theme because he has Solidarity. I suggest -1 Necro +1 Breaker because you dont main Heavy and 3x Valley is really too much with 2 Commandant. Smashing Ground is a good card in deck like these.. I suggest it.

To be honest, I don't like Soliditary versions that much, haha. The standard is better, since its more stable, and has less dead draws. It also lets you run Mystic Tomato, which is basically gold in any GK deck in my opinion. The extra searchability and speed is just too good not to run. Kycoo is pretty pointless as a spellcaster since its a vannila with Necrovalley, and Breaker is past its prime so you should only run 0-1, so yeah... you are sorta running pointless cards in Soliditary builds too.

The core for that would look like this.

Monsters:
3 Gravekeeper's Assailant
3 Gravekeeper's Spy
2 Gravekeeper's Guard
1 Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier
2 Mystic Tomato
2 Caius The Shadow Monarch
1 Snipe Hunter
1 Spirit Reaper
1 Sangan.

Its a more stable and consistent from my experience, but Soliditary can pay off alot more combined with Royal Tribute.

ok i feel like a jackass posting a deck here but i've been wanting to make a deck that isn't as easily won with like the monarch deck i threw together a few days ago. so i made something that wasn't on the yugioh wiki and thought i'd get a rate or something.

any help is wunderbar.

Monsters (17)
Arcana Force 0 - The Fool x3
Arcana Force I - The Magician
Arcana Force III - The Empress
Arcana Force IV - The Emperor x2
Herald of Green Light
Herald of Purple Light
Herald of Orange Light / Arcana Force VI - The Lovers
Sangan
Arcana Force XIV - Temperance
Arcana Force XXI - The World
Arcana Force Ex - The Light Ruler
Arcana Force Ex - The Dark Ruler
Athena
Treeborn Frog

Spells (12)
Light Barrier x3
Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen x2
Second Coin Toss x3
Shield and Sword
Mystical Space Typhoon
Heavy Storm
Swords of Revealing Light

Traps (11)
Reversal of Fate x3
Lucky Chance x3
Call of the Haunted
Solemn Judgement
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
Bottomless Trap Hole x2

tbh it seems like it's too 'top heavy' in that not enough tributes for the rulers / athena. or maybe not. i'm not entirely sure. any help would be lovely. tis a shame no more regionals for seattle area or i would test it out there.

you may want three honests in there (because honest is broken)
also I'm not too sure what shield and sword is doing (other than making my spined gillman really weak)

you may want three honests in there (because honest is broken)
also I'm not too sure what shield and sword is doing (other than making my spined gillman really weak)
whoa. that's fucking awesome. +3 honest -1 herald of green light -1 herald of purple light -1 herald of orange light.

s&s royally fucks over most things when played timely, and since atk/def for the arcana force monsters is always the sames it seems to come in handy pretty often (your spined gillman, kannon's RFG deck, d.d. survivor, to name a few)

Hey, haven't seen Yugioh in a while.. are sea serpents still small and unappreciated?
they got some new support and have a great Synchro called Brionaic which is actually limited to one. Got a good tuner in Deep Sea Diva as well, I'm actually running 3 Divas and Brio in one of my current decks. In a dedicated Sea-Serpent deck? Probably not.

This is my Twilight deck. Been playing around with it for months now and I don't know how much further I can take it. It wins a whole lot of the time, not much else too it, but haven't quited tested it out enough against the new SOVR/HA01 meta yet, Brionac and Mist Wurm were just added yesterday:

Monsters (26)

Level 7-8 (3)
2 Judgment Dragon
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

Level 5-6 (4)
2 Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
2 Chaos Sorcerer

Level 1-4 (19)
3 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
3 Honest
2 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
3 Necro Gardna
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
1 Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind

Spells (10)
3 Solar Recharge
3 Charge of the Light Brigade
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Cold Wave
1 Pot of Avarice

Traps (4)
2 Beckoning Light
1 Call Of The Haunted
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck

Level 4
1 Armory Arm

Level 5
1 Ally of Justice Catastor

Level 6
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Tempest Magician

Level 7
1 Arcanite Magician
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Blackwing Armor Master
1 X-Saber Urbellum

Level 8
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Dark End Dragon
1 Avenging Knight Parshath
1 Red Dragon Archfiend

Level 9
1 Mist Worm

-SIDE DECK-
2 Aurkus, Lightsworn Druid
2 D.D. Crow
1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
1 Brain Control
3 Royal Decree
3 Dust Tornado
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Mirror Force

Mist Wurm is a level 9.. sure you know just have to point it out :P

gl with the deck it looks good. I'm not a fan of Call though, I would just use a 3rd Beckoning because it is awesome.

Two new decks.

Monsters:19
2 Ryu Kokki
1 Cyber Dragon
1 Il Blud
3 Pyramid Turtle
3 Zombie Master
2 Giant Rat
1 Card Trooper
1 Snipe Hunter
1 Spirit Reaper
1 Morphing Jar
1 Sangan

Spells:12
2 Creature Swap
2 Shrink
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Brain Control
1 Heavy Storm
3 Book of Life
2 Lightning Vortex

Traps:9
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Call of The Haunted
3 Reckless Greed
2 Bottomless Trap Hole

Monsters:17
3 Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
1 Cyber Dragon
3 Dekoichi The Battlechanted Locomotive
3 Sillva, War Lord of Dark World
3 Goldd, Wu Lord of Dark World
1 Night Assailant
1 Treeborn Frog
1 Morphing Jar

Spells:15
3 Dark World Lightning
3 Dark World Dealings
2 Pot of Avarice
2 Allure of Darkness
1 Offerings To The Doomed
1 Brain Control
1 Giant Trunade
1 Heavy Storm
1 Card Destruction
1 Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps:7
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment
3 Reckless Greed
1 Call of The Haunted

ah, this brings back memories. I used to play like 7 years ago; now if I run into someone with nice looking shinies I just trade for those. Playing was never that fun for me cuz I played with my neighbor, who was really good at the game. Somehow, his 4-star 1800s would magically beat me everytime... ~_~

One notable occasion was when I got a Gate Guardian in some random Metal Raiders booster pack. Another time, I got Ra, DMG, Vampire Lord, and like 6 other good shinies from a guy at a summer camp for $5 since he needed vending machine money :P I also got the LOB Raigeki from my cousin IIRC.

It was fun while it lasted, but I gave up trying to catch up with the constant influx of new cards and strategies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)