ORAS UU YouTube Drama: A UU RMT

Hello.

I decided to make a team in the UU tier because let's face it, everyone in every other tier wants my head.

It took me 40 minutes to realize how I made thi steam, so I swear if it gets locked or something, I'm gonna be sad. Maybe my senpai Keemstar will report about me then.

Leeeeet's get rooooiiiight into the neeeeeeews meeeemes

492.gif

gotta go fast (Shaymin) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

An underrated wallbreaker, Shaymin breaks down bulky water-types and ground-types for Entei to have an easier time spamming low ladder cancer Sacred Fire. It also provides healing wish support for the two setup mons on my team. Standard EVs, for hitting as hard and as fast as possible.

207.gif

Gliggity Gliggity (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn

When I made this team, it was bodied by most fighting-ttypes, and it still is, to an extent. Gliar is a great catch-all cehck to the threats to this team, such as Choice Band Machamp. However, I have changed this team, so I'm debating its usefulness. Still, it's proven to be reliable and a great mon to fall back on in the worst situations. The EVs maximize physical bulk while also allowing it to outspeed Choice Band Machamp and other max speed neutral base 55s.

181-mega.gif

KABLEYE (Ampharos) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

This is the mon I built my team around. Sleek, sexy, and oh so powerful, it was only fitting of the name Kableye . I saw how it struggled against common special walls such as AIDS Blissey, and that leads me to the next pokemon on my team. Even when it doesn't get to boost, it makes for a ridiculously powerful attacker that just tears apart teams. It's also a secondary check to water-types, and it can use them as setup fodder (although ice beam Mega Blastoise is an issue). This set is so unprepared for that most teams sacrifice their cehcks to it earlier on because they don't assume it's an agility set.

638.gif

Sexy Donkey (Cobalion) @ Shuca Berry/Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Do you have an issue with special walls? I do, so in comes Cobalion to save the day. It has all the right tools to defeat Florges, Porygon2, and Blissey, along with a great boosting move to boot. It also lures in Mamoswine and KO's it, surviving due to Shuca Berry. THe utility of Lum Berry has helped my team a lot, though, and I'm torn between the two. Hopefully someone can help me before Keemstar does a story on it.
It's also a potent late-game cleaner and wincon versus slower teams, which does help a fair amount should Ampharos fail to clean up.

031.gif

CATCH THIS OHKO (Nidoqueen) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave

Nidoqueen is a bit interesting. My team had Cobalion and Entei as strong phsical attacks to wear down opposing special walls, and Nidoqueen takes on nearly everything that beats the both of them together. This team is also lacking rocks, another valuable asset Nidoqueen brings to the table. It also acts as a secondary check to fighting-types, most notably Choice Scarf Moxie Heracross. This helps because of how much pressure Gligar can be forced to withstand in a game. It's also ridiculously powerful.

244.gif

such sacred (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Lastyly, we have fire doggo. Aside from nuking everything in sight, spreading burns, wlowly wearing down the opposition, and being a good late-game pokemon with Extreme Speed, It's busy being one of the best pokemon in UU. Particularly on my team, its tendency to wear down teams helps a lot in order for Cobalion or Ampharos to sweep. That chance to cripple Rock, Ground, and Water-type switch-ins is priceless, as this also helps pokemon like Nidoqueen and Cobalion come in more freely and set up or fire off powerful attacks.

LET'S NOT FORGET THE LORD AND SAVIOR:
images.jpeg

Anyway, all memes aside, all rates are appreciated, and thank you for wasting your time on making me better at pokemon!

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi there!

I think your team would greatly benefit from the use of a bulky Water-type, as Mamoswine, Entei, and Salamence dick on your team pretty damn hard. I think replacing Nidoqueen with Roar Suicune would be a good idea, as you still have a check to Fighting-types, while this allows you to blanket check a bunch of physical attackers alongside the aforementioned threats. Also, your team is really Alakazam weak, so I would recommend switching Cobalion to Escavalier, which checks Alakazam alongside bulky Psychic-types like Reuniclus and Cresselia as well as Nidoqueen lacking Fire Blast (which most do). . Because dropping Nidoqueen leaves you without a Stealth Rock user, I would drop U-turn for Stealth Rock on Gligar. Though losing U-turn sucks, Stealth Rock is much more important.

Also an optional change is to use all-out attacker Mega Ampharos instead of Agility because then you get the switching move you lose on Gligar and Agility really doesn't outspeed that much more.

In summary

Nidoqueen -> Suicune (with Roar)

Cobalion -> Escavalier (with Pursuit)

U-turn -> Stealth Rock on Gligar

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Pursuit

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Reactions: rs
Hi there!

I think your team would greatly benefit from the use of a bulky Water-type, as Mamoswine, Entei, and Salamence dick on your team pretty damn hard. I think replacing Nidoqueen with Roar Suicune would be a good idea, as you still have a check to Fighting-types, while this allows you to blanket check a bunch of physical attackers alongside the aforementioned threats. Also, your team is really Alakazam weak, so I would recommend switching Cobalion to Escavalier, which checks Alakazam alongside bulky Psychic-types like Reuniclus and Cresselia as well as Nidoqueen lacking Fire Blast (which most do). . Because dropping Nidoqueen leaves you without a Stealth Rock user, I would drop U-turn for Stealth Rock on Gligar. Though losing U-turn sucks, Stealth Rock is much more important.

Also an optional change is to use all-out attacker Mega Ampharos instead of Agility because then you get the switching move you lose on Gligar and Agility really doesn't outspeed that much more.

In summary

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Swords Dance

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
Yo,
For the escavalier set, I wouldn't use SD, as Esca is really to slow to pull it off effectively. I recommend either Assault Vest/Lefties on him, replacing SD w/ Pursuit to trap Kazam, as you're team isn't exactly prepared for him.

Hope I helped :3

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yo,
For the escavalier set, I wouldn't use SD, as Esca is really to slow to pull it off effectively. I recommend either Assault Vest/Lefties on him, replacing SD w/ Pursuit to trap Kazam, as you're team isn't exactly prepared for him.

Hope I helped :3
That's what I said I just CPed the wrong set good catch

That said SD is actually a very good wall breaker and a legitimate set. Definitely not too slow to pull off, it just doesn't fit this team

Hi there!

In summary

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Pursuit

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
Been thinking about Cune, and yeah, it's a much better fit. I've implemented the other two sets, but I will not change the Ampharos set. It's come in clutch so much that I don't want to lose it. Thanks for your rates guys, my team is a lot better now!

That's what I said I just CPed the wrong set good catch

That said SD is actually a very good wall breaker and a legitimate set. Definitely not too slow to pull off, it just doesn't fit this team
Yeah, I've tried using SD Esca, and I guess I really don't know how to use it. I never have had a lot of luck with it. "-_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)