You must enter a title / subject!

Intro
After a lot of losses, I decided my old team needed to be changed. I stuck with Crobat since it makes a beast of a lead, and Gyarados since it's sort of awkward not having on a team (though I'm not attatched to him), and pretty much replaced everything else. Note: I'm sorry for the extra mistake thread. This is the last and final one

Idea
The main idea for this team is to open us sweeps. I have 4 sweepers, two of which are Choice users. The other two are set uppers, meaning that a free chance to get their act together can mean the change of the entire match.

The Team

Crobat @ Leftovers
Timid
160 HP/132 SpA/218 Spe
Air Slash
Taunt
Hypnosis
Roost

Crobat is my favorite member of this team, without a doubt. He makes a fantastic lead, with the fastest Hypnosis in the game (with no Scarfs) Air Slash may be my only attacking move, but he's not here to do major damage (but he makes a wonderful Heracross counter if they don't use Stone Edge or Facade) I know Brave Bird is superior, but I really like the flinch chance, and setting up Hypnosis is very key for this team. It kind of does hurt Breloom, but it doesn't matter much, since I can usually work around that insignificant problem.

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Modest
22 HP/252 SpA/236 Spe
Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Explosion

Ah, Heatran. Most would be expecting the Choice Specs version, especially if I bring it into a faster threat (which is a risky, but sometimes interesting thing I do) I use Specs over Scarf mainly because I have a revenge killer already, and plus my team lacks immediate offensive power, something Specstran grants. His low speed is compensated with that incredible special attack. Fire Blast is a wonderful move really. It's amusing to think of how confused people must be to bring in their Heatran counter, and see it be nearly 2HKO'd by Fire Blast. Dragon Pulse will OHKO all dragons in OU, so HP Ice is not needed and lacks reliable coverage. Earth Power actually does decent damage to Tyranitar with Sandstream in play, which is nice. Overall, Specstran is no joke

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Stone Edge

LO Gyarados has been on all of my teams after I've found out about it. And for good reason! It's a complete monster that can actually hurt some of it's counters. It's kind of bothersome seeing it "kill itself" by wasting a Waterfall and not hurting the foe too much, so I always try to DD early if I need to send him up in early game. Waterfall is superior to Aqua Tail in my opinion; it offers a sexy flinch chance and is overall more reliable. Ice Fang adn Stone Edge over EQ since I find it to offer great coverage. Although he's hard to use in early game (which I usually do since I rely on him A LOT) in late game, he truly shines as one of the best physical sweepers to date.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant
252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
Focus Punch
Substitute
Spore
Seed Bomb

What a monster. I've been laddering the past few days, and this guy has won me (literally) every single one of my matches. He's a complete beast with his guaranteed sleep and ability to recover quickly over time. This gives him the ability to set up sweeps much more quickly, meaning I don't have to rely on Crobat's Hypnosis nearly as much. I went Focus Punch/Seed Bomb, which is probably walled more, but can hit things harder since they're both STABs. He's also completely fun and annoying to use (the latter for my opponent) Definately my favorite sweeper.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid
252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
HP Ice/Destiny Bond

Hands down my favorite revenge killer. This guy offers 3 immunities, allowing me to switch him in easier than anyone else. His moveset boast unmatched coverage; hitting everything in the game for neutral and then more things for super effective. He can't hit as hard as Heatran, but he has the ability to outspeed practically everything. Deoxys-e is a huge threat to my team, so Timid Max Speed is an absolute must. The last slot was being tested out, and I think HP Ice is better for Outrage locked Garchomps, however, Destiny Bond seems absolutely brutal for things I just can't take on (and there are a few things of that sort) Still, he's very overused, and shunned by a lot of people for being 'overrated' But I don't care, since he's won me plenty of matches.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/150 Def/108 SpD
Reflect
Charge Beam
Ice Beam
Moonlight

The only wall on my team. Cresselia is like a little break from sweeping, and a little time for setting up Reflect and testing the waters moveset wise. Cress causes a lot of switches since it can simply stall them out of their main offensive moves. Charge Beam/Ice Beam for Gyarados and Garchomp, which is more threatening to my team than Infernape in my opinion (Crobat revenges that, and can actually switch into a NP or Close Combat) Considering replacing with Celebi, for the CeleTran combo

Rate my team please

It's a shame that you like Breloom that much as that seems to be the most replaceable Pokemon towards trying to stop Zapdos from utterly destroying you, which it most certainly will (especially in sand since it fucks over Cresselia more so). Cresselia would seem fine, except when they start Roosting or Toxicing or Substituting or a combination of any of those and more. Zapdos already OHKO's 2 Pokes and 3HKO 3 more with it's STAB move alone. If you ever did replace your Breloom, Celebi seems like the perfect answer. It'd also be a great Gyarados counter in conjunction with the Reflect you'll be running on the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)