you all feared the landshark, now meet the seashark!

Sharpedo is a pretty underrated pokemon. He can smash walls into tiny little pieces with his base 120 attack adn 95 special attack. It's actually pretty nice. But he's never going to sweep teams. No, today, sharpedo isn't the star of the show, but rather, one of the supporting actors. In fact, today, there is no real "star" of the team. But sharpedo is the coolest member, so I thought I'd put a nice picture up and reference him in my title. Sharpedo can hit a lot of guys hard with his nice STAB hydro pump and crunch. these two happen to hit a lot of the popular walls, like gliscor, cresselia, celebi, and hippowdon, for super effective damage. He boasts access to the ground+ice type combination that so many of us fear so much. But his ability is the shit. Rough skin takes 12.5% of the enemy's health away when they hit him with a physical attack, which will usually be once when you consider 'pedo's defenses. But that can end sweeps like nobody's business. Look at that annoying sd lucario. Well, he's gonna lose almost a quarter of his health just from hitting pedo, and that usually kills him if I've hurt him and he's sd'd. It's lovely. Is that guts ursaring that has just enough health to sweep my team bothering me? Well, why not weaken him just enough so that I can smash his ass. Sharpedo's ability is really nice, and so, so many people forget about it. Now, I'm not Lee or Bologo (many of you probably remember how they used to use him a lot), so don't expect this amazing team where sharpedo actually gets the love he deserves. No, you'll get a team where he almost gets the love he deserves. The team you're about to see focuses a lot on the offensive side, unlike my latest two or three teams. It ends games fast, and you can't really stall it the way you could stall my oh-so-lovely ursaring team. I've put quite a bit of effort into this, and I'd like some good constructive feedback.

The Line-Up

as you can see, this team is pretty much on the offensive side completely.

The 'W.C.'

---------------
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Sassy
Ev's: 252 hp, 152 attack, 96 special defense, 8 defense
~ Hypnosis
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball
~ Reflect
Comments: Bronzong is bog standard here. I've opted for reflect as this team has a bit of trouble with physical threats. He sets down the rocks and puts some pokemon to sleep. I don't like the idea of leading off with a slow pokemon, as it can get me defending against the opponent's threats right off the bat, which I don't like to do. Bronzong doesn't set the tempo of the match, but he gets in what's needed. He also can provide a switch now and then, and support the team with reflect. What's nice about 'zong is that he has some key resists and he does his job. He's pretty bog standard, but he's standard for a reason.

Ch-ch-ch-Chia!

------------
Shaymin @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Modest
Ev's: 252 special attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
~ Seed Flare
~ Hidden Power: Fire
~ Psychic
~ Rest
Comments: Specs Shaymin is truly a force to be reckoned with. I'm considering changing to timid with hp ice, just to have a bit more reassurance against the dragons, though bronzong handles chomp, well, prediction and getting in 'pedo handles mence and dragonite (as well as chomp). Specs shaymin is a fearsome pokemon, especially after his counters are trapped and killed by Duggy. If I can get the heatran switch with dugtrio, this pokemon has a good chance of taking out 3 or more pokemon from the enemy's team, with his fair bulkiness and massive special attacking power. Specs shay needs some love just like sharpedo. He too has a 120 bp STAB that can wreak havoc on the enemy. Now, the rest of his special movepool isn't anything to write home about, but the ability to come in and heal fully before switching out ready to go is pretty cool. Natural cure is a very nice ability.

Join in to make it an orgy!

-------------
Dugtio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Nature: Jolly
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
~ Earthquake
~ Sucker Punch
~ Aerial Ace
~ Stone Edge
Comments: Dugtio, the prediction free pokemon. This guy nets me some revenge kills, as well as taking out some of Shaymin's common counters. If non-scarf heatran or blissey switches into Shaymin as I switch out to this guy, it could nescessarily be the game-winning move. People often rely on one pokemon to counter threats, minimizing the amount of pokemon taht they are weak to. Well, dugtio, if I predict him in or come in for revenge, can often trap and kill the opponent's only answer to shaymin, mismagious, or sharpedo. It brings tears to my eyes to use dugtrio, the 'prediction-free' pokemon, but without any slow u-turners, it actually takes some degree of skill to get him in and make it mean something, because I like duggy to do a bit more than revenge killing. You guys all know what duggy does best, and you know all the shit he manages to take out. Some other Smogon user (can't remember who, sorry) suggested to someone else to try duggy+shaymin, and it truly does do great.

SharPedophile

-------------
Sharpedo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Naughty
Ev's: 176 speed, 160 special attack, 172 attack
~ Hydro Pump
~ Crunch
~ Ice Beam
~ Earthquake
Comments: Sharpedo is really a cool pokemon. He can hit all sorts of mixed attacking magic numbers, like 266 special attack to KO garchomp with ice beam and 405 speed to outspeed scarfcross. Now, I'll never be switching into hera with this guy, as most today run band and have supereffective stabs to hit on this guy's base 40 defense, and bandhera gets revenge owned by duggy. But the occasional scarfers who may outspeed and kill another guy on the team get owned by this guy. The analysis suggests a lonely nature, but I've gone with naughty, just to bolster his paltry physical defense in hopes of surviving a hit to be able to deal rough skin damage twice instead of once. Probably will never happen, but it doesn't hurt to help. It's not like he'll be surviving anything. Sharpedo takes out some of the common walls, like hippo, cressy, gliscor, etc. and duggy can kill blissey if he comes in on a thunderwave or something. So not many walls can stand up to this team. Sharpedo boasts the ground+ice attacking combo, and while not getting STAB on it, it still hurts, especially since most guys he'll be ice beaming are weaker special defensively than physically. This guy is just a cool UU, like Ursaring, and I wanted to try him out. I just had to do the name like that. None of you probably find it funny, but I do, so too bad.

'Tran'svestite

-----------------------
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
Ev's: 252 hp, 56 attack, 100 defense, 100 special defense
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Lava Plume
~ Earth Power
Comments: Another one of those immature 'had to do it' type names. Sorry again. Anyways, this is one of the more defensively geared pokemon on the team. I deviated from the analysis spread because this thing is intended to take hits, not really outspeed stuff. It's nice to get everyone burned, which helps missy to have an easier time sweeping. Resttalk heatran has buckets of resistances and a 30% burn move, so he's pretty cool as a resttalker. I'm also looking at gyarados, but the huge resistances along with that burn rate are prety sexy right now. He has nice defenses, and they're even more bolstered here. It's pretty nice. Heatran also isn't weak to stealth rock, as I have no spinners. Another guy I considered is resstalk suicune, who has a chance as a super-bulky sweeper, but he would turn the game into super-stall. Resttalk cune is very cool though, and I'm still considering him.

Bitch...I mean Witch

-------------
Mismagious @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 speed, 140 special attack, 116 hp
~ Substitute
~ Calm Mind
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power: Fighting
Comments: This thing needs to turn fucking OU. Seriously. The ability to sweep on the drop of a dime with substitue and calm mind, especially if a good number of enemies is burned, is just too good. And the bitch isn't even that slow either. The ghost of the team. I guess she can spin block and come in on blissey's seismic tosses, and if I predict correctly, get a cm while she ice beams and then sub. It's lovely to see people bring blissey in on mismagious. It really warms my heart to see them realize that they can't handle a +6 mismagious with a sub up and that blissey let me do it. This pokemon is the only set-up sweeper on the team, and it finishes teams nicely. I really just love this thing to bits, and you'll notice it on just about every other team I ever made (hint: use the search feature -.- ).

that's the team, and at this moment I don't have the time for a full blown threat list or problem pokemon, so here's the little Marriland Team Builder thing to look at for now. A threat list will probably be coming later this evening, so stay tuned!

big big scarf heatran problems. without a weather changer it's alot tougher for missy to sweep if there's sand so id replace her with cune or something. scarf hera is pretty scary too!

wow gyarados too x___x maybe cm hp electric cune

I could see trouble with Scarfcross. The only thing that really deals with it well is Mismagius, but once she goes down, Bronzong is your only hope and that will not fare to well, even with Reflect. Like Gorm said, replace Missy with Cune and that would help immensely.

Sweet, I am an advertisement!

I've actually moved on from this team after a small amount of testing. not much thought was put into it. I've moved on to an all choice team that looks nice, but I've made so many rmt's that I thought I might wait a while before making another one. I'm editing Janenmori's "sweet, I'm and advertisement" onto my sig for sure. if you guys think this team is salvageable, I'm open to suggestions. as much as I love missy, I think resttalking cune will have to replacer her D=

yes, I did already know that, but it's those other pesky dragons that get hit for crap damage by seed flare that I'm worried about, because now they walk all over me. cune is definitely coming on this team, maybe resttalk with ice beam / hp electric or something. I don't know.

Well then, you still outrun Dragonite and with SR up you should still be able to 2HKO it if its running an offensive spread. I'd keep HP Fire, it covers threats so much better (turns Shaymin into somewhat of a SDLuke counter too).

2hko nite with what? psychic? I seriously underestimated shay's power then. and all of those gayfuck mixmences and ddmences never run full speed, so I should outspeed the majority of those, and nite is bulkier than mence, so in theory, neither of them can switch in very well.

Ok did some damage calcs, you'll always 2HKO with Psychic on Salamence and sometimes get Dragonite with SR up (calcs done with min/min). You can't KO with Seed Flare though. So in a sense HP Fire is a better choice, as you have to predict with HP Ice anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)