SS OU Yoko / Scarf Tapu Lele + AOA HDB Volcanion Balanced - Jurabala Mono GP TOP 6 SS OU Ladder PEAK

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
is a Top Tiering Contributor
SMArt_Tapu_Lele.png1200px-721Volcanion.png645_f2.png250px-145Zapdos.png1200px-809Melmetal.png887Dragapult.png
Yoko

Screenshot_8.png

Helo! I'm back here to bring a team focused on a Pokémon that I've been trying to make for a long time, and that at least for me finally yielded satisfactory results.

A little addendum before we start the team building process.
As you can see in the screenshot above my GXE is not the best, but that doesn't mean the team suffered to get here, I always try to make various combinations of teams and synergies to make available to the community, both to help me point out weaknesses or simply to import and pass on my teambuilding vision helping people build their own teams in the future. thus causing bad versions of this same team or teams not very related to this one to cause me to have a significant drop in GXE, it is necessary to test over and over again to get good results.

Introduction

The Pokemon in question I wanted to build was Tapu Lele, specifically Tapu Lele with Choice Scarf.
Tapu Lele with the help of Choice Scarf becomes an overwhelming threat to the metagame, she can outspeed and kill with just one hit Dragapult/Urshifu/Weavile/Kartana (if it's not scarf) and still ends up getting an extremely reliable form of speed control, slowing down only for other Choice Scarf and Regielek users.
That said, let's go to team development.

SMArt_Tapu_Lele.png

Team development
I decided to start with a more offensive side, a Pokémon that made a good synergy with Tapu Lele, this part was the one I suffered the most, even though it was the initial part of the teambuind process in this team in question I had broken my head in bad and meaningless teams before to reach this conclusion and I decided then that a good partner for Tapu Lele would be Volcanion.
Volcanion is intended to deal with Pokémon that Tapu Lele can't usually deal damage with. such as Heatran, Corviknight, Tyranitar, Ferrothron/Melmetal and yet it can be extremely harmful if you click the wrong button, such as clicking moonblast on a toxapex. well... if this can apply in a way that we make the wrong choice it can also conclude situations where we will make the correct choice, and click a Focus Blast on a Heatran and a Ferrothron for example, but I don't like to depend 50/50, I like that my teams always aim to have good synergies and that all the Pokemons can talk to each other, making the 50/50 always the last As Volcanion can handle all these threats and still have a very good Moveset in addition to its STAB moves like Earth Power/Sludge Bomb, in general this core ends up making basically the entire metagame have serious problems getting into this combination of moves, in general it acts as a wallbreaker
I particularly prefer HDB over anything for the same reason I described why I don't like 50/50, Specs can actually do colossal damage, but I think it's extremely good that a fire-type Pokémon can enter the field several times and do its own function without being punished by Stealth Rock.
Some friends have suggested putting Toxic in place of Sludge Bomb, but I believe Sludge Bomb is superior, mainly because it deals positively with Tapu Fini, making it not become a threat after many Calm Minds.

1200px-721Volcanion.png

The next Pokémon chosen was Melmetal.
Melmetal is a Pokémon that combines very well with Tapu Lele in my opinion, it is quite bulky and can get into metal and poison type moves that Tapu Lele suffers, as I put Volcanion I'm pretty calm so far in having two Pokémon with difficulty in hit metal-type Pokemon.
Not to mention that lately I've been considering Melmetal one of the best answers vs HO (Hyper Offensive) because most HOs don't have solid answers to deal with it, and in contrast setups mainly speed can end up destroying my team, because Scarf Lele already it doesn't get that fast and the Volcanion won't be able to tank anything anymore. that's why among Melmetal, besides being a good Pokémon in general, combining very well with Tapu Lele, it's a safe option to face HO.

1200px-809Melmetal.png

As we are already halfway through the team I considered that it was time to start worrying about putting hazards.
I had already posted 3 teams here and not once was my Stealth Rock user is Landorus-T.
I noticed that there was an increase in Land-t usage more focused on sp.def, and felt that this could fit very well with my current team, as it's amazing how this EV spread can handle potential threats from my team , like Specs Dragapult for example. not counting the Knock off help to take items, in specific, leftovers, that make it easy to eliminate Pokemons extremely bulk, especially considering that Volcanion will be weakened throughout the game. When these Pokemons lose Leftovers/HDB ends up getting easier for Lele and the other mons to break more defensive cores.
645_f2.png

The next mon chosen was Zapdos, as he comes in as an effective form of hazard control while managing to put pressure on Corviknight with Volt Switch, and do good damage in general with Hurricane.
He also comes in as a good answer vs Kartana and Urshifu, (pokemons that when played well can be a threat to most teams) having an interesting synergy with Volcanion because when the Urshifu has its moment to attack, it is in a dilemma of Click CC to deal little damage to Zapdos and take a possible Static or have your surging strikes countered by the Volcanion's Water Absorb.

250px-145Zapdos.png

To finish I chose a common Pokémon but with a not so popular set, Choice Band Dragapult.
Dragapult with Choice Band was a choice that ended up surprising me, because besides hitting very hard and being very fast, it has a very interesting function of surprising Blissey, a simple u-turn or dragon darts end up weakening her a lot, being the dragon darts a way to force her switch, which is very good for the rest of the team, as the fact that Lele is Scarf instead of Specs and Melmetal is slowly and easily nullified by very common cores with Blissey, this weakening it during the game ends up facilitating the fall of the biggest wall against that team.
The moveset I chose has Sucker Punch even with psychic terrain because I consider this move very good not to depend on speed tie vs other Dpult and surprise other Pokemons that are faster than him.

887Dragapult.png

Conclusion

The team did very well in my opinion, however I can definitely point out that the weak point is the stall, although there are synergies to defeating specific walls, a combination of too many walls on a team makes it almost impossible to take down a stall once that Volcanion and Scarf Lele do not have as much damage potential as the version in which she uses Specs, makes it difficult to have enough damage to take down most stalls.
Overall the team does better against other Balanceds because it has a Scarf Lele with good synergies and has good responses against HO/BO

Feel free to leave a comment or leave a review of the team, my intention is just to show my teams to help newer players in the community and have possible assistance in the team!

Last edited:
Hey Pedro, just wanted to say that this team is extremely fun to use and has great synergy. The banded Dragapult works very well with its surprise factor and the Volcanion seems to really help the team in all aspects. It's even better that the biggest weakness for this team is stall cuz I'd normally just click x against those types of teams anyways lmao. Lemme know if u got any more teams like this cuz this was one of the best I've played with.

Vorulito

formerly PedroGreg
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Hey Pedro, just wanted to say that this team is extremely fun to use and has great synergy. The banded Dragapult works very well with its surprise factor and the Volcanion seems to really help the team in all aspects. It's even better that the biggest weakness for this team is stall cuz I'd normally just click x against those types of teams anyways lmao. Lemme know if u got any more teams like this cuz this was one of the best I've played with.
Thank you very much for the compliment, I'm happy to help you!
Well, all the teams that I get satisfactory results and I consider good I put them here, basically I only play with balanced teams and sometimes Bulky Offensive, seeing myself playing HO and Stall is something very rare, maybe that's your style of play too!
I will make available other teams that I posted here for you to check out, feel free!

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ed-pedrogreg-top-8-ss-ou-ladder-peak.3685549/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ts-pedrogrug-top-1-ss-ou-ladder-peak.3684566/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...agner-com-v-top-10-ss-ou-ladder-peak.3685226/

Welp, you've done it again. I have a serious love for bulky offense as a playstyle. I posted my own RMT a while back and I know from seeing these you have the archetype absolutely down, so I was wondering if you'd have a peek?

As for your team, what is there to even say? You've made top 10 and earned the right to brag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)