Yo-kai Watch (3DS) and those Medals

Apparently, the previous Yo-kai Watch thread seems to have died down because Smogon prefers Pokémon. To avoid necrobumping that thread, I decided to make a new one despite my strange fear of making new threads outside of Smeargle.

Anyway, the second game was released quite recently in the West, while Japan received the third version of YW3 a few days ago. Unlike any of the Pokémon games, the first two versions of Sushi and Tempura receive update patches to allow compatibility with Sukiyaki, which includes many more features. Even though the second game has improved over the first's features drastically, YW3 seems to be a genuinely good RPG in its own right.

Does anyone collect Yo-kai Medals by chance? I'm curious to know who does, since I just started a few days ago. Too bad they're really rare in America, but that's what makes this fun.

The problem is that I live in America, and people on this side of the States really prefer Pokémon. The third game focuses on parodying American stereotypes (They're called Merican Yo-kai for a reason), so someone is going to get offended by their appearances. At least they're cute little creatures people can blame for their problems.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
The problem is that I live in America, and people on this side of the States really prefer Pokémon. The third game focuses on parodying American stereotypes (They're called Merican Yo-kai for a reason), so someone is going to get offended by their appearances. At least they're cute little creatures people can blame for their problems.
Speaking of being offended, I'm more worried about this Yokai than the Merican Yokais.

This is a gen 1 Yokai that acts as a burglar, and it looks like an Afro American stereotype to me-- and it's a burglar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)