Yes, it is entirely possible to stall in Ubers. (RMT)

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
At a Glance: Uber Stall

The goal of this team is that of any stall team - use bulky defensive stats and entry hazards to wear down the opponent, providng the opportunity for a clean-up. Some of the pokemon are "standard" on uber stall teams, some of them are pokemon that are not seen much at all in ubers period.

Palkia @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Aura Sphere
- Earth Power
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
---

What what? I thought you said this was a stall team!

Palkia fulfills several important roles for my team. First, it's the Kyogre counter, obviously, even though it's not defensively EVed in any way. Second, it's the "hit leads/switchins hard" pokemon. It is incredibly hard to switch in on a 657 SPatk 150 BP move with a 30% crit rate. Finally, it's a late-game sweeper of sorts.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
---

Sets up Toxic Spikes/Spikes, spins, etc, etc. Switches in on physical attacks, especially Tyranitar/Garchomp, takes Rayquaza Outrage (watch out for overheat!).

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP/48 Atk/210 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
---

Kind of a Rayquaza switchin; puts up the rocks so it can't come in as well later.

Deoxys-l @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/66 Def/192 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Recover
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Knock Off
---

Takes special attacks, while disrupting the other player's strategy with Knock Off and Taunt. Not bothering with Cosmic Power. Light Screen for team support.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf

Kind of the linchpin, it's the "end-game sweeper" after I've ravaged the opposing team with T/S/SR...so many teams prepare for this, it's just not as effective as it could be. However, it still serves its purpose of taking sleep and dishing double-STAB hits.

---

Ho-oh @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/110 Atk/148 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Reflect
- Whirlwind
---

I cannot believe this thing isn't used. Ho-oh is one of the best switchins to Darkrai post sleep clause imaginable - the only way Darkrai can even *consider* hurting it is with Thunder. And if it tries to CM up, it gets whirlwinded away. Sacred Fire burns things (often I'll burn a Dancing Rayquaza or something like that), and Reflect helps me survive big physical hits.

He can tank just about any unboosted special hit in the Ubers metagame, and either stall them or cripple them with Sacred Fire.

definetly change earth power for surf on palkia for another stab move and rain abuse. blissey would probably be better than deotxys because i dont know if deotxys can survive specs water spout from kyorges at 100%. also you should probably have more than one counter for rayquaza because it is such a huge threat and groudons not that great of a counter,maybe replace ho-oh for lugia.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Earth Power is for Metagross and Jirachi (both becoming more common).

I don't give a shit about Specs Water Spout (which btw 2HKOs Blissey), I can just hit

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Tbh Timid > Modest on Palkia. Your team is murdered by a Swords Dance Rayquaza, provided that is can switch in without a Reflect being set up. That is...on Palkia's Specs Earth Power or Kyogre's Rest or so. This is something to definitely look out for. As SD Ray is pretty much uncounterable, it is best to have someone that outruns it (if it gets stuck on Outrage you'll know what to do!)

Timid Palkia will also save you from Subsalac Groudon. A subsalac Groudon can switch into Palkia's Specs Thunder or Forretress and start dancing. At 306 Speed it is already faster than every member in your team. Groudon's chances to sweep will be reduced if it can't set up because Palkia keeps on forcing it out, and if Groudon has switched into Forry, it is likely that a layer of Toxic Spikes is up to slow its sweep upon entering

Hmm pretty good team tho I would change a few things.

First, Surf>Earth Power on Palkia. Surf outdamages Earth Power all of the time, and the most common steels in Ubers will usually take atleast 90%.

I like the idea of Uber Stall as many pokes have Pressure and hardly any teams carry a spinner in Ubers.

Hmm, what did you have in mind with palkia's aura sphere? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm just curious on what you wanted to use it on. Also, If anything to change your palkia, add in fire blast somewhere. Most people don't even know palkia can fire blast so under sunlight they greatly underestimate it's power (cough cough I'm talking to you mr metagross + jirachi...+scizor).

I would also try to stray from using gyro ball. For one thing, you're playing in a metagame full of pressure ppls, not to mention that steel itself is a very bad attack type (don't think kyogre will be dying anytime soon from gyro ball). Instead try out either explosion or earthquake.

About groudon: you don't need that many defensive evs to block out ray. Imo, you'd need the attack evs to beat bulkup dialgas. While you do have stone edge, I think it's safer for you to just stick with a 100% accuracy move like dragon claw so that you won't be screwed if you miss.

Two last things to mention: if your doexys has below say 40% hp, a latias later on can take on your entire team. The other thing is that cbgroudon can give serious trouble once he gets prediction on his side.

Edit: at any rate, whatever you do, don't listen to everyone who's telling you to use surf on a choiced palkia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)