XY Ubers Laddering Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Approved by Melee Mewtwo~

Same old.jpg

Let's be honest here- which road would you take? The one where you simply spam Arceus-Rock/Ho-oh/Groudon? Or the one where you tear up the ladder with Sableye? As to the answer, my dear fellows, allow me to quote- um - myself. "And two roads diverged to form a weird as hell Y-shape, and I- I took the one less traveled by."

OBJECTIVES:
  • Encourage the exploration of a new metagame
  • Promote creativity
  • Bring back players that think of Generation 6 as "boring" and "uncreative"
  • Have fun!!
HOW THIS WILL WORK:

Every week, a new challenge will be posted. This means, for all you dumb farts that can't even read between the goddamned lines, you will have 1 week to ladder. Usually, the challenge will be an underrated Pokemon, but I may impose restrictions on teams, similar to how the rounds in MUTE worked.

A point system will be implemented to determine the winner of the week's laddering challenge.
  • For No. 1 spot on the ladder- 5 points
  • For No. 2 spot on the ladder- 4 points
  • For Top 10 on the ladder-3 points
  • For Top 20 on the ladder- 2 points
  • A deviation of 80 or below- 1 point
If you have reached the top 20 for the week's ladder challenge, 2 points will be added to your score if you post the team you used to get there and a brief description of how it works and perhaps one or two lines about each Pokemon utilized on said team. The person with the most points for the week will be killed by the guy in second inaugurated into the Ubers Ladder Hall of Fame.

NOTE: Points DO NOT stack, ie. getting no 1 does not give you 9 points. Points will also be given based on your peak (this rule is subject to change).

RULES THAT I EXPECT YOU TO READ:
  • When you register an alt, you must post in the thread [Alt name]. All alts must be NEW, and cannot have any rated battles prior to being utilized for the challenge.
  • IF you create a new alt during the week, you must post in the thread.
  • This should be obvious, but no cheating and not following the challenge .-.
  • You must post your score and alt name by the deadline.
  • HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Hall of Fame:
  1. Sweep and Kebabe
  2. dbzmariogeno

Alright, so the next post will begin the Ubers laddering challenge!

History:

Week 1: Build a team with Landorus-Therian (sweep and kebabe)
Week 2: Build a team with Mega-Abomasnow (dbzmariogeno)

Last edited:
Week 1 CHALLENGE: Alright, so since this is Week 1, I'm gonna give you guys a break with something easier. This Pokemon is well-known among the upper echelons of the Ubers hierarchy, but most of you have probably never used it. This week's challenge is...build a team with Landorus-Therian!

download.jpg

Das right, Lando t up in dis bitch like a Zekrom check! OH DAMN! I revealed too much! :p I guess what's done is done though...

OK so the Deadline is 12/28/2013, 1:30 AM Eastern Time Zone.

Lesssssgoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (Sign-ups are beginning)

Last edited:
in

Alt: lando-t>groudon nvm got haxed out by a n00b 3rd battle. New Alt: HP Ice Zekrom

Newest Alt: ZF goes to Earth

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Look at ogasian calling all the shots x.x this is bad. Anyways I'll prolly play under the alt notharuno

Lando-t seems interesting and you're only doing this because you have a lando-t tea.... Errr I mean yay genies!

Orch (T)

Whenever PS stop being dumb, I'll start laddering

e:
Ogasian, don't you dare use my land-t team ;_____;

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I actually already have a team with Lando-T in it, not sure if I want to ladder though..

Will probably do this, just some questions:

Does the below 80 stand alone our does it ad points to lets say your top 10 place?
Does the below 80 and show team apply even if you have like a 1500 ranking?
Is it your peak or the standings at the end of the week that counts?

Ill get going asa ps is up then, posting alt later.

Lando-T is very interesting, much better vs Blaziken than Groudon, don't be afraid to try double dance to see if it's worth it this gen!

Aight, time to make everyone feel better about their skill level.

In (creating new alt once Showderp is up, will update asap) Alt is CalculatedFolly

Last edited:
Will probably do this, just some questions:

Does the below 80 stand alone our does it ad points to lets say your top 10 place?
Does the below 80 and show team apply even if you have like a 1500 ranking?
Is it your peak or the standings at the end of the week that counts?
80 deviation and below will contribute to your final score, regardless of your ACRE.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Time extension plz. PS got DDOS'd by PO while the other servers have little if any ubers players. That and the constant server restarts make laddering the biggest pain in the ass even when PS is up and running,.

ATTENTION: There will be a 3 day time extension due to PS! issues. The deadline is now 12/28/2013 EST 1:30 AM. The challenge post has been edited to reflect this change.

Jw, do points stack? So if you're number 1, you get only 5 points for the first spot, and not an additional 3 points for top 10 yah (same goes for peaking at 9, you get only 3 points for top 10, and not an additional 2 for top 20 yes?
And backtracking to kebabe's question, are points received based on peaks or your ladder position at the end of the deadline?
Points do not stack, and points are based on your peaks, sorry for not clarifying.

Nice, this is something to do in the Ubers metagame (My most favorite tier too.) Lando-T I will be glad to use, as I love it in OU a ton as well. I will add my alt for this challenge once PS is stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)