Wrath Of The Leviathan (OU)

I recommend changing steelix to this passho berry version that Legacy Raider used on his UU team.
Steelix
@ Passho Berry
Sturdy
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball

~ Earthquake
~ Explosion

Gyarados is stopped cold by bulky waters (Heatran helps, but Toxic takes time), so this helps deal with them pretty well by setting up Rocks, then booming on the bulky waters that want to switch into Steelix (because they do).

If you want, you can also try a Modest Substitute LO Heatran running HP Grass over Toxic; really kicks bulky water ass, 2hkoing all of them with HP Grass.

I'd also recommend something packing Pursuit on this team to nab those Scarf Gengar, Latias, and Rotoms that can Tbolt your Gyarados into the abyss. If you choose to change Heatran to the LO variant, I think that changing Steelix to Scizor is a relatively safe bet, and you can just give Stealth Rock to Jirachi.

I'm also thinking Gyarados will want LO, as since Gyarados is a final sweeper, the extra power is something to want, especially since you are running Jolly. I also feel that EdgeQuake is a better combination, as something like defensive Zapdos can KO you otherwise.

Hey, this is a great team! I think there is one gaping weakness here, and that is to Gengar. Life Orb Focus Blast OHKO's Steelix.

359 Atk vs 251 Def & 291 HP (120 Base Power): 320 - 378 (109.97% - 129.90%)

Because Gengar is nearly impossible to counter, I suggest someone with Pursuit. Metagross fits nicely into Steelix's position, but If you don't want Steelix replaced, then there is basically no room. Overall, the team looks solid, Rotom can come in on a Focus Blast and KO it with Shadow Ball. Watch out for random ScarfGar, though.

Hope I helped, and Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)