SS OU would like some tips for teambuilding and rate my rain team

Intro
I'm relatively new to making teams with a strategy so I hope to get some tips for my team

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost
- Hurricane

first rain setter, I was thinking of a few strategies like trick room, hail or sun and i was just looking through my old teams and i used barraskewda in most of them but i didn't use it to it's maximum potential with rain so thus i was researching (using other people's rain team) and pelipper was a good rain setter but i almost lost when i was trapped by magma storm so i added a second drizzle pokemon.

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Flip Turn
- Liquidation

main physical sweeper, got the whole idea of making a rain team because I liked barraskewda. choice bad liquidation can OHKO most pokemon. Flip turn for when barraskewda is at a disadvantage. Aqua jet is basically just filler I don't really know what move to put on it like i said i'm relatively new to making teams with a strategy. Close combat for coverage and also because it's a strong move, paired up with choice band it can OHKO a lot of pokemon

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

set-up, i used Ferrothorn as set-up in my old teams and using ingrain on it and on a completely unrelated note the games i was playing were taking a tad bit long and more times than not i was losing so i looked at some other people's ferrothorn and picked out the moves that were common among all of the ferrothorn. I also used ferrothorn because it benefits from the weakened fire moves from rain

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Volt Switch

main special sweeper not exactly my favourite legend but a legend is a legend.Zapdos benefits quite a bit from rain with moves like thunder and hurricane, STAB can't miss in rain thunder and hurricane can OHKO most if not all pokemon unless they're immune to electric or resist flying. Volt switch is for switching to seismitoad if they're an electric type and finally roost to regain hp and remove the flying type for rock or ice types

Seismitoad @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

second special sweeper, for most of the team to switch to since 4 out of 6 pokemon are weak to electric types and also coverage moves for steel, rock and electric types. i just put moves that are powerful and have coverage for types my team is week to or don't have a solution for. seismitoad is the pokemon i want the most input for any criticism is welcomed

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Surf

second rain setter, when i used the rain team i copied from other people pelipper was ko'ed when it got trapped by magma storm and my team got sweeped so i added politoed in just incase pelipper get's ko'ed. weather ball for a strong STAB move, ice beam for coverage toxic is just to force switch and surf is if the opponent also has a weather team.

- I used an offensive zapdos for my rain team with weather ball in place of volt switch for a special sweeper that can do big damage
- I also used glowking as a defensive pivot mainly used to tank special hits
- I might steal your idea and experient with a special seimitoad instead of the physical build i use + have u thought abt using life orb for toad?
- I would STRONGLY recommend using a defogger as stealth rocks would really mess with your pelliper and zapdos especially since pelliper doesnt use heavy duty boots
- Other rain mons are crawdaunt with D-dance, Azumarill with belly drum might be worth thinking abt

Yxzwilliam

Banned deucer.
Galarian Molt would be good instead of zapdos. and Tapu lele thunder choice specs, noting thunder does not miss in rain psyshock, moon blast, focus blast. so, Lele over toed. galar molt over Zapdos. galar moltres set is, hurricane, agility, fiery wrath, nasty plot, heavy duty boots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)