"Worst Kalos Pokemon?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure my vote goes to Dedenne for actual uselessness, and Chesnaught for design. Worst pika clone ever, as stated above. And Chesnaught...I get that he's like a knight and stuff, and armor would hinder his movement, but he just looks so...static. He dont move enough.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
as stated above.
>First post on this page.

Anyway for me the worst kalos Pokemon is.. well Slurpuff. Worst fairy there is. It basically looks like cooking mama had a cooking accident and she also gained a hell of a lot of weight. Or something.

Edit: If we're including mega-pokemon here Houndoom by a mile. I fucking love Houndoom. Best Fire-Type, and it's especially strange since I usually hate overrated Pokemon but... I just kind of like Houndoom for his Gen 2 sprite (cute little smog of fire ^_^) and his elusiveness for me, as he always seems to be on the "other" copy of the game I get, along with Pokemon that I tend to dislike, so I never really get to use him. Furthermore in my first Pokemon game that I care about (colosseum) he was available right at the end of the game and he was so cool for it to me, because he was really difficult to catch as well, but I never really got around to using him because.. idk I always liked my teams by that point. So Houndour being really available in my next game, XD, was really cool for me and training him up was like the coolest thing ever. Plus no one likes him in UU but he never fails me in the tier. :)
So when I heard that Houndoom was getting a mega.. well I had high hopes. And they were crushed. Obviously I'd seen Manectric-Mega which was just longer hair and stuff but Mega-Houndoom could not be bad right? Well I get that Houndoom is based off of Cerberus but.. I'm pretty sure Cerberus has 3 heads. Why did they NOT base Mega-Houndoom off of Cerberus, and by that I mean give him 3 heads! Sticking a doggie collar on him with a skull is what gothic teenagers taking drugs do to their rottweilers because they think it's the best thing ever, and murdering a moose so that Houndoom can get some head gear is kind of uncalled for. And he's now wearing mascara. No but really Mega-Houndoom is bullcrap as a design lmao.

Last edited:
Usefulness - Dedenne
Every new gen comes with a Pokemon that's simultaneously one of the cutest and wimpiest of it's respective games. If these were battles of who could get the most "d'awwws" instead of who was the most "baws", then they wouldn't have anything to worry about, but such is cruel, cruel fate. I still have a soft spot for most of 'em, though, and that includes Deddy. Problem is, it's not even good in-game since it comes around just late enough to be outclassed by practically anything else you can catch at that point. It also has a movepool that would be considered barren in Gen I. Calling it the worst competitive 'mon ever is going a bit too far, but it's also not completely unfounded.

Give this guy a "Z Version" or even another Gen's worth of Move Tutors and we'll see how much he improves. 'Til then, don't give up and stay on that hamster wheel.

Design - Barbaracle
It has a hand for a head. It is literally a walking face-palm.

Usefulness - Dedenne
Every new gen comes with a Pokemon that's simultaneously one of the cutest and wimpiest of it's respective games. If these were battles of who could get the most "d'awwws" instead of who was the most "baws", then they wouldn't have anything to worry about, but such is cruel, cruel fate. I still have a soft spot for most of 'em, though, and that includes Deddy. Problem is, it's not even good in-game since it comes around just late enough to be outclassed by practically anything else you can catch at that point. It also has a movepool that would be considered barren in Gen I. Calling it the worst competitive 'mon ever is going a bit too far, but it's also not completely unfounded.

Give this guy a "Z Version" or even another Gen's worth of Move Tutors and we'll see how much he improves. 'Til then, don't give up and stay on that hamster wheel.

Design - Barbaracle
It has a hand for a head. It is literally a walking face-palm.
Dedenne: GameFreak giving it Dazzling Gleam would be a good start.

Barbaracle: It's entire point is to be made entirely of hands. Plus it looks no more deformed than Machamp really, the head doesn't really matter since Machamp's is tiny anyways. I'd say my least favorite design is Klefki. It literally "jingles its keys to scare away other Pokemon". I don't think that works against Gyarados, Gliscor, Dugtrio, or pretty much anything really.

Oh man, I cannot believe I forgot about Chesnaught for design in my earlier post... Let's just take a look at its evolution line.

Chespin: Adorable. Sort of a marmot/otter-like creature. I just want to squeeze it to death.

Quilladin: OK, sort of derpy with its eyes and its general shape, but still kinda cute. And it might be a Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence scenario, where the final evolution is totally awesome, right?

WRONG. When the starters' evolutions were revealed, I was really hoping for more of a knight-like grass final starter that looks like it could move really fast; sort of akin to Sceptile. Did we get that? No, not really. I've always thought Fighting-types can be cleanly divided into two categories: Those that rely on skill, speed, and martial arts, such as Mienshao, Lucario, and Gallade; and those who just have huge muscles and rely on just bulldozing the opposition, such as Conkelderp, Hariyama, and, well, Chesnaught. You can tell from the tone of this paragraph that I prefer the first category.

Point is, I was (and still am) very disappointed by Chesnaught's design for that reason, and just the fact that the difference between it and its pre-evos is so extreme, whereas the transitions from Frogadier->Greninja and Braixen->Delphox are much milder.

Alright, I think I've bashed Chesnaught enough, but I will defend Kalos's starters as a whole by saying that I absolutely LOVE both Delphox and Greninja.

Diggersby. Diggersby. DIGGERSBY.

To be honest, I don't think Chesnaught looks that terrible. I think it's rather cute and relatively not that bad in design, at least in comparison to Delphox- Who, I will admit, doesn't have that bad of a design, it's simply a bit of a letdown in the sense that Braxien and Fennekin were still relatively charming in their own way, although Delphox is somewhat creepy. No where near as creepy as the good old.. Bunny thing.

For me, Delphox was soooo disappointing. Fennekin was adorable, Braixen looked cool and just when they had enough to create a really cool final evo, they make a fox broom. Come on, there's nothing cool about that! Add onto that the lackluster stats and poor movepool and.... Delphox is disappointing.

Aurorus has crapcrapcrap typing...... It looks, in the words of Dale Gribble, "so damn majestic," but the typing and stats in the wrong spots screw it over.

And Mega-Manectric just looks fat...

Biggest Disappointment has to be Dedenne. It was adorable. I wanted to like it. I really did. Then... *no moonblast or Dazzling Gleam* oh. I still think a Dedenne Evo wth Moonblast could have been AMAZING.

Also Aromatisse. I wanted Spritzee's evo to be a fairy/flying with a good movepool and great special attack and speed. If it was I would have wanted Y over X. But nope, it's a pure fairy with no wings and shit speed. Talk about a wasted design.

Worst overall design has to be Carbink. It doesn't even look like a Pokemon. It's a floating rock with eyes. That kind of thing just sucks me out of the Pokemon world.

Dishonorable Mentions go to a bunch of mons, like how bland Gogoat is in stats and movepool and design, and how Pangoro was a giant waste of potential with its non-attack stats. And finally, Flabebe for not being stuck with fairy wind for 40 levels before Moonblast.

In terms of usefullness, Dedenne.

In terms of design? Delphox. I was really hoping for a better design than a hobo with a stick.
Delphox is an oracle and a wizard. It can tell your future with its burning stick (so many Greek mythology references in Gen 6 lol).

Of course when the other starters are a ninja frog with a tongue scarf and a juggernaut Delphox kinda falls short lol.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people hate Delphox. Its look fits perfectly with what it's supposed to be: a wizard/oracle. It's supposed to look like it has long robes, and the stick acts as both references to magic wands and divining rods.

I just don't like Chesnaught because while I love the idea of a Knight, it looks more misproportioned than normal. I mean even fanart makes Chesnaught look more badass than it does ingame.

I really like Delphox's design. My only criticism of Delphox is that its signature move should be better, and that it's a lot faster than it looks.

Delphox is an oracle and a wizard. It can tell your future with its burning stick (so many Greek mythology references in Gen 6 lol).

Of course when the other starters are a ninja frog with a tongue scarf and a juggernaut Delphox kinda falls short lol.
Yeah I knew that, but I was hoping they could take the design in a much more graceful direction. (http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/278/5/7/delphox_redesign_by_xierh-d6p9koo.jpg something like this, except better)

Competitive wise I'd say Carbink:Carbink won't even get to do much,while it has sturdy,Mold Breaker Excadrill goes like yo bitch screw your Sturdy I can kill you with my Iron Head son and you can go fuck yourself.It also has no offensive presence whatsoever with pitiful base 50 Atk and SAtk.And Rock/Fairy leaves it with 4x weakness to Steel which menas Excadrill smaks it giving no fucks about Sturdy.

Design wise I'd say Aromatisse.It looks really dumb,it looks like an old lady and that is saying something considering Spritzee A great pokemon evolves into a freaking Fat Bitch.

actually dedenne isn't that useless. it gets the ability pickup and can heal itself via the move parabolic charge meaning if you get it high enough level, it's a valuable pokemon for hunting for leftovers. if it got duo screens i can see it pulling that off with relative ease due to parabolic charge which would make it amazing considering that it can hit everything in double battles with parabolic charge. if you had a friend to do duo screens with you in doubles, dedenne would actually be very effective especially since that pickup now has an in battle effect meaning knock off partner with the opposite screen can turn dedene into a monster in a double battle.

i personally find clauncher or avalug to be very underwhelming as far as stat distribution and move pool is concerned.

design wise, id say my least favorite would be hawlucha. i hate how it looks :(

actually dedenne isn't that useless. it gets the ability pickup and can heal itself via the move parabolic charge meaning if you get it high enough level, it's a valuable pokemon for hunting for leftovers. if it got duo screens i can see it pulling that off with relative ease due to parabolic charge which would make it amazing considering that it can hit everything in double battles with parabolic charge. if you had a friend to do duo screens with you in doubles, dedenne would actually be very effective especially since that pickup now has an in battle effect meaning knock off partner with the opposite screen can turn dedene into a monster in a double battle.

i personally find clauncher or avalug to be very underwhelming as far as stat distribution and move pool is concerned.

design wise, id say my least favorite would be hawlucha. i hate how it looks :(
Pickup is hardly exclusive. Hell, XY introduced Bunnelby/Diggersby and Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist, both of which are just as good if not better (if you want the ability early game, Bunnelby is earlier, while Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist has actual stats.) That's not even counting other Pickup mons from older gens, of which there are plenty. It's not much of a niche, even in-game.

As for that doubles strategy...

1. Parabolic Charge has 50 base power, which becomes 37.5 base power since you're hitting multiple opponents. Even if that were coming from a respectable SpA stat, it would be a light tickle. Dedenne has 81 Special Attack. Even with STAB calling that move a "light tickle," would be an overstatement for it's power.
  2. Doubles is NOT a defensive metagame. Even if he got dual screens (which he does not,) he wouldn't have time to set them up before eating an Earthquake. I highly doubt that it'd even survive most neutral hits, let alone one of the most effective moves in the metagame (which he's weak to.) The healing from Parabolic Charge hardly helps.
  3. You want to run Dedenne without an item or moderately useful ability so your partner can waste a turn using Knock Off and you can steal it? What item is Dedenne gonna get that's reasonably helpful? A type resist berry it can't use? Life Orb to make Parabolic Charge do 4 damage instead of 3? Whatever it is, Dedenne probably can't use it well, and your opponent will spend the time you spent slightly inconveniencing them by ripping your mouse to shreds.
  4. Icing on the cake; Parabolic Charge hits your partner too. Just a thought.

Dedenne a monster in double battles? Are you quite sure about that?

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wait, how can you not like Mega Manectric's design?!

It's a LIGHTNING BOLT. The electric blue fur + pale yellow blends so well! This is an INCREDIBLE design.

Dedenne, to me, looks like a cheap Korean knock-off of Pikachu. You know Ling-Ling from Drawn Together?

And Diggersby... at first I was like "Oh god, what the hell is that thing?" Then I discovered that its big ears have muscular arms with hands on them, and learnt of its competitive viability. I was won over. ^_^

I don't care how ugly Diggersby is. Huge Power + STAB Earthquake, Quick Attack, U-turn, Ghost and Electric immunities, decent Speed. Really should be used more.

Wait, how can you not like Mega Manectric's design?!

It's a LIGHTNING BOLT. The electric blue fur + pale yellow blends so well! This is an INCREDIBLE design.

Dedenne, to me, looks like a cheap Korean knock-off of Pikachu. You know Ling-Ling from Drawn Together?

And Diggersby... at first I was like "Oh god, what the hell is that thing?" Then I discovered that its big ears have muscular arms with hands on them, and learnt of its competitive viability. I was won over. ^_^

I don't care how ugly Diggersby is. Huge Power + STAB Earthquake, Quick Attack, U-turn, Ghost and Electric immunities, decent Speed. Really should be used more.
You have a good point about the coloration for Mega Manectric. It's more vibrant than his regular form, and the use of the three primary colors (don't forget his red claws,) makes things stand out. The lightning bolt part of his body is just so awkwardly shaped though. It's too thick, and takes away from a lot of his original design's majesty and sleekness. I would think that shape would greatly hinder his ability to move and function. It only gets worse if you think about what that stuff actually is. It looks like armor, but if it is, what's it look like underneath? If it isn't armor, are they just giant misshapen flesh lumps, like a pointy camel with too many humps? Ew.

Too each their own, though. Speaking of...

i honestly think dedenne has potential.
If you have something more than a gimmicky doubles strategy to back up that thought I'd love to hear it. As it stands though Dedenne is 99% likely to be the most unusable Pokemon of the new generation. If you like Dedenne then that's all good and plenty, but his battle potential is right up there with the other failed Pikaclones.

Here are some damage calculations just to drive the point home. Keep in mind that Honkalculator does not include Parabolic Charge at the moment (which should speak volumes to it's usability,) and so I had to make do with a custom move set to 38 base power (to mimic the power drop from hitting multiple opponents in a double battle.) I also gave the Dedenne Choice Specs, maxed his SpA EV's and gave him Modest nature, so this is the most power you're getting from Parabolic Charge.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dedenne (Move 1) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 91-108 (32.2 - 38.2%) -- 95.5% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dedenne (Move 1) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 82-97 (25.3 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dedenne (Move 1) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 170-204 (64.8 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dedenne (Move 1) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Spinda: 112-133 (42.7 - 50.7%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dedenne (Move 1) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 52-63 (19.8 - 24%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dedenne (Move 1) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Unown: 133-157 (55.8 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dedenne (Move 1) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 58-69 (8.8 - 10.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Note: I didn't even write that "worst move ever," thing. The damage calculator apparently just says that for weak enough moves now. =P

Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean here, but your Parabolic Charge idea isn't doing Dedenne any favors. You can argue for him design-wise or just like him regardless of what other people say (I love Sneasel, but I know he's not exactly the epitome of "usable," outside of Little Cup,) but I don't understand how you can argue for Dedenne having battle potential.

hmmm.... it gets entrainment and no truant..... idk but it has been the MVP of my pickup team so far netting me the most amount of leftovers closely followed by gourgeist and ambipalm.

You have a good point about the coloration for Mega Manectric. It's more vibrant than his regular form, and the use of the three primary colors (don't forget his red claws,) makes things stand out. The lightning bolt part of his body is just so awkwardly shaped though. It's too thick, and takes away from a lot of his original design's majesty and sleekness. I would think that shape would greatly hinder his ability to move and function. It only gets worse if you think about what that stuff actually is. It looks like armor, but if it is, what's it look like underneath? If it isn't armor, are they just giant misshapen flesh lumps, like a pointy camel with too many humps? Ew.
The lightning bolt thing on its back, it's just really long fur. That's what I always thought it was, kinda like a hairdo but on the back. I'm not sure why people are so disturbed by it, Mega Manectric is pretty awesome looking.

The lightning bolt thing on its back, it's just really long fur. That's what I always thought it was, kinda like a hairdo but on the back. I'm not sure why people are so disturbed by it, Mega Manectric is pretty awesome looking.
Does he just have his trainer put a ton of hair gel in his fur right after mega-evolving? =P

I dunno, the blue sections of his body convey the sense of being covered in fur, but the yellow part looks too rigid and low-detail to be long fur. If it is long fur it would make more sense though. Maybe we'll see in the anime whenever he shows up.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think that it's supposed to be electrically-charged fur that stands on end, kinda like Jolteon's spiny things. Its design kinda reminds me of an arctic fox, actually. Very low-set and prowly, small snout, and two colors of fur, like an arctic fox has when shedding its thick white winter coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)