"Worst Kalos Pokemon?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
diggersby tho

Seriously though, I hate Talonflame with a passion I just think it's ugly. Worst designed cliche bird imo. I don't like it.
Diggersby looks like the Nesquik bunny, also ugly.
Mega Gardevoir just looks like a what
And can somebody please tell me what Slurpluff is supposed to be/do

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I use a Trick Room / SR / Explosion / Reflect Carbink in Wifi and it isn't that bad, I mean, it's useful for something.

I think the worst of all Kalos Pokemon is, as everyone said, Dedenne. It has nothing exceptional about besides a Fairy-type and Nuzzle, but ugh... Horrible abilities, movepool and concept. At least it's cute. As for design, I hate Florges (looks like an ugly prostitute), Scatterbug (dumb-looking bug) and Bunnelby (a normal rabbit with a butt face).

Gonna have to agree with everyone about Dedenne's competitive 'value'. The fact that literally every other Pokemon introduced this gen has some use makes it stand out more. Honestly, if it, and all other Pikaclones, were able to use the Light Ball, it'd have some use. I'd say more, but everyone else beat me to it.

Design wise, my vote is Slurpuff. It just looks like a gigantic derp. Florges I don't mind by itself, but the fact that it's not Grass-type annoys me. Bunnelby looks kinda generic, but I feel it's redeemed by Diggersby, which looks boss. Scatterbug has a Patrat tooth, which takes off points, but is redeemed by its evos as well, as is Quilladin.

Aromatisse, on the other hand, I like (better that Slurpuff lol), and having Spritzee in Pokemon-Amie always puts a smile on my face ( not as much as Helioptile though :P).

Mega Gardevoir just looks like a what
Sir Mix Alot would be proud of Mega Gardevoir. Dat Ass.

Lol but I think flabebe easily takes the cake as the worst design. Ugh.
Also Swirlix/Slurpuff's derpiness is adorable in my opinion. But den-whatever is probably the worst competitively. Also, it's an ugly pika-clone as well.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm agreeing that Dedenne is easily the worst Kalos Pokemon ever. It is completely useless competitively, and not only that, but it's just another Pikachu ripoff. Terribly lame.

This may just be me, but I really dislike Aromatisse and Slurpuff. The former is really ugly imo, and the latter is also a lame concept. I'd also be pretty shocked if either of them manage to become even somewhat viable in the NU tier.

I also hate Diggersby because it's so ugly. Furfrou I dislike as well because it's lame and it's another Pokemon I doubt would be viable even in NU. Quilladin also looks stupid imo, although I do like Chesnaught so whatever.

Diggersby tho. While the video was hilsrious my god that the thing was the ugliest thing pokemon had produced ever. He makes trubbish look like the best pokemon ever in comparison.

Furfrou I dislike as well because it's lame and it's another Pokemon I doubt would be viable even in NU.
You do know about fur coat right? How it makes furfrou an insane physical tank?

252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 280-330 (79 - 93.2%)

do I need to say how crazy that is?

Gotta say Chesnaught and Delfox both blew it design wise. I had really high hopes for those two but they blew it. Delfox's design isn't as bad as it is boring, a Witch fox? Ok i guess, it just has a robe and thats it. Chesnaught though, how the hell is that suppost to be based off a knight if it even is. It has a bowser shell, really long arms for some reason and a small head. Its just way off. Aromatisse isn't THAT bad of a design when compared to Chesnaught.

Edit- Diggersby is god awful, the ears are cool as hell. The fur in the from is just weird, they could have put a bit more effort into the design with those awesome ears.

It's a shame that Dedenne has terrible stats, because it's the first Pikaclone whose design I actually like. Normally the Pikaclones are among my least favorite Pokemon of every generation.

Chesnaut's design, while decent on its own, is disappointing to me because it has poor continuity with its pre-evos. Both Chespin and Quilladin have overlapping color schemes and similar faces, so it's believable that one evolves into the other. What bothers me about Chesnaut is that half of its color scheme comes completely out of nowhere and looks jarringly out of place. Its face also doesn't really have anything in common with Chespin's or Quilladin's. If it kept the green-brown color scheme and had a slightly different face, I'd actually like Chesnaut a lot.

Delphox's head is way too small. It's next to impossible to make out its facial features on the 3DS, and is practically the only Pokemon to have that problem. If the head was bigger, it'd be decent.

I like Diggersby. It's not one of my favorite designs, but it's endearing simply for how goofy and over-the-top it looks.

There doesn't seem to be any argument as to who the worst new Pokemon is at least on competitive terms(hint: it's Dedenne), and I don't have anything to say about it that hasn't been said before.

As for design... it has to be Aromatisse, because while I liked Spritzee when I first saw her, as she was undeniably cute, I didn’t think of her as anything too special. Until, that is, I read about how people thought she was inspired by plague doctors. Plague doctors would keep perfumes in their masks to help keep the smell of dead bodies out, and Spritzee is tied to perfume, as well as her face resembling one of their masks greatly. This made me appreciate Spritzee more, because while she was a very cute Pokemon, she had an origin rooted in rather creepy things, and that was interesting to me. Plus she looked a bit like a flamingo, and flamingos are really cool. It made me very excited to see what she would evolve into with all of that potential, and what do we get?…

One of the most hideous, uninspired Pokemon designs ever, at least in my book. I was so sad that they just threw away all the great potential with plague doctors and whatnot and gave us some abomination that didn’t even remotely resemble a bird anymore. I might go as far as to say that Aromatisse might be my very least favorite Pokemon ever, because even though there might be some designs I like less, they just tossed anything that made Spritzee remotely interesting out the window. But that's just my opinion.

Furfrou I dislike as well because it's lame and it's another Pokemon I doubt would be viable even in NU.
While I admit that many of its trims suck, especially the earlier ones (I was never a fan of poodles anyways, got bad memories from them *shudder*), I think that an untrimmed Furfrou looks badass. Also, as mentioned above, Fur Coat.

Also, it's shiny form that I just found out about looks awesome

Dedenne isn't even that bad when compared to the rest of the garbage out there like Unown and Delibird. Shittiest Kalos Pokémon I'd have to agree though. At least Vivillion has Compoundeyes and Furfrou has Fur Coat going for them.

At least Dedenne is (arguably,) better than some of the other Pika-clones. He's stronger than Minun, Pachirisu and Emolga while only being 2 points slower than Emolga, and Fairy-typing gives him a few more resistances that pure-Electric while only giving him a poison weakness.

He's still uninspired (though generically cute,) and competitively garbage, but an improvement over earlier, similar garbage.

Worst design? In my opinion, one of the following;
  • Florges- I'd probably like her better if her eyes were more clearly defined in her in-game model. Otherwise, she's not Grass/Fairy, and that bothers the hell out of me.
  • Binacle- It's a barnacle... except it's two! It's supposed to be hands, but it looks dumb. The faces are chubby I guess, but it doesn't seem to have a noticeable mouth. Overall, just doesn't look good/cool. Barbaracle is definitely an improvement, but still...
  • Helioptile- I warmed up to his design a bit since his unveiling, but my God is that thing derpy. That design does a wonderful job of not conveying that it's a lizard at all.
  • Carbink- That... sure is a floating rock. Yaaaaaaay.
A bunch of the megas are pretty dumb looking too.
  • Mega Gengar- I hate when evolutions gain or lose traits that previous evolutions gained for no reason. Gastly becomes more solid and defined as it becomes Haunter and then Gengar. Mega Gengar looks like it takes a step backwards in that regard. The coloration looks weird and his third eye looks tacked on and unnecessary.
  • Mega Pinsir- What is with GameFreak giving evolutions/megas weird eyes as the series progresses? Seriously, what the hell happened to Pinsir's eyes? His body gains a few unnecessary lines as well.
  • Mega Aerodactyl- His original form looks clearly encased in rock (or at least tough-skinned,) as most Rock-types do. His mega has big rock chunks just kind of protruding from places, which has the strange effect of making the rest of him look soft and fleshy. His new coloration doesn't help matters at all.
  • Mega Heracross- Way to make Heracross look like a dork, GameFreak. =P
  • Mega Manectric- Why is that body shape a thing? That looks like crap I'd throw together in Amazing Island, not an animal that could ostensibly survive anywhere.
Design-wise, even though there's some pretty clear competition for worst, I'll give it to Binacle and Mega Manectric.

Finally, I'd like to bring up the idea of the biggest disappointment. A Pokemon that I really wanted to be good, but just wasn't. His name is Pangoro and I love his design but hate his movepool and stats. It's a tragedy. =/

Yo, don't go on hating Furfrou. I do agree that his trims look whack as hell, but regular Furfrou looks awesome. I remember seeing one for the first time and thinking that it was my favorite new mon I've seen so far.

Aromatisse... it's weird, but I don't particularly dislike it. Though the idea of it being a cabaret girl is a bit... unsettling.

I really want a shiny Furfrou now. I'd use that thing in OU anytime, no matter how outclassed it is.

Poor poor Dedenne... It had such potential, but it fell right on its' face.. :c

Aromatisse looks pretty damn creepy, I don't mind telling ya'll, and at first, I think that Slurpuff looks pretty damn ugly and derpy as well. But their move pools and niches are pretty good, I'll give them that.

And Amaura/Aurorus... Oh, how GameFreak shafted you... Two badass attacking types, but lacklustere stats and multiple common weaknesses just make your use so much lower than it should be.

Besides Dedenne (but it's a Pikaclone, so it's really not that unexpected anyway), I'm really disappointed in the Fennekin line. At least it has more moves than Typhlosion, but still. The mage should at least get Dazzling Gleam, a move that's a magical spell. And it should not have less moves than the Fighter and the Thief.

Aromatisse... absolutely disgusting. We get an elegant bird-like creature based on a plague-doctor and then we get this? I wanted a beautiful, elegant Fairy/Flying faebird goddammit (at least there's Togekiss instead)

I actually did warm up to M-Gardevoir's design from the time I said it looked like a giant onion. The official art makes it look much better. I'm not really fond of M-Heracross or M-Tyranitar though.

As for Chesnaught being that radically different, it actually kind of makes sense, when you think of it as a ripened chestnut. (which is why its shell is brown and not green)

EDIT: Yeah, GF really dropped the ball with Amaura's line. Why do they still think, Ice is a defensive type?

Aromatisse... absolutely disgusting. We get an elegant bird-like creature based on a plague-doctor and then we get this? I wanted a beautiful, elegant Fairy/Flying faebird goddammit (at least there's Togekiss instead).
Plague doctor bird? What sorcery is this? O.o And I don't think anythng could make Aromatisse 'elegant'. Frigging nasty, kill it with fire! >:(

EDIT: Wait, Spritzee was based off of plague doctor masks? I thought it was based off of Nigel Thornberry. >_>

Since everyone mentioned Dedenne already (though I still think it's cute...)

Poor Amaura/Aurorus got shafted by terrible typing. It's a shame because Amaura is adorable and Aurorus is pretty cool. (no pun intended)

Binacle and Barbaracle are super ugly. Just...no.

I was too disappointed they didn't go the Plague Doctor route with Aromatisse.

Fennekin is cute, but I think it's evolutions are ugly, especially Delphox.

Mega Gardevoir looks lame, but I have to agree that the shiny one is pretty badass.

Mega Manectric looks like it's in pain.

I was pretty upset when I learned of Pangoro's moveset and stats. It's my favorite Gen 6 design, and a combo of my favorite types, Dark and Fighting. And it looks so badass. I hate when GF makes cool Pokemon suck :/

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
  • Chiming in on the Dedenne choir. It's not only bad because it's competitively terrible in every conceivable way, but because it's the least original of all Kalos Pokémon: GameFreak didn't even try to do something new with it, Dedenne exists purely to emulate a Pikachu and sell plushies. Its concept is #1 on the list of "most mandatory stuff to include in a new Pokémon generation". A cute Pokémon in the spirit of the franchise mascot, which sold a ridiculous amount of toys and plushies and T-shirts and other merchandise in its day, and became a popular character in the anime. There is literally nothing original about Dedenne, it has nothing going for it other than "cute, Pikachu-like merchandise seller".
  • Others have already said what needs to be said about Aromatisse.
  • Barbaracle might actually be the ugliest Pokémon ever designed. Looking at it hurts my eyes. It has a face in the palm of a hand, for some reason (complete with thumb and all). It was as if the creature designer sent small plastic figure of the designs to the programming team, and Barbaracle's figure arrived broken. This thing deserves an evolution out of sheer mercy: The way it looks now, should not have to be the final form of any evolutionary line. If Barbaracle can be pushed back to "annoying, ugly, transitional-stage second evolution", maybe I could tolerate it. But catching a Binacle, knowing that the end product of its training will be that abomination that is Barbaracle? No thanks. No thanks at all.

Also, the final starter evolutions have some detrimental qualities...

• Chesnaught's appendages are a little too long for my liking. The forward-leaning pose makes it look ridiculously off-balance, there's no way that tail could provide enough counterweight to those arms and that shell. It has two gargantuan spikes for seemingly no reason.
  • Delphox is quite decent, actually. Interesting concept, if anything. But those ear tufts...
  • Greninja reeks of cool... and then destroys its image with that tongue. There are so many reasons why that tongue is a stupid idea:
- It makes it difficult for Greninja to eat, speak or breathe. The tongue literally fills its mouth, and then some. Greninja can't even have all of it inside its body at any time.
- The tongue doesn't appear to serve any purpose but to "look cool". Which, given its impractibility, it certainly doesn't. It looks like Greninja ate one of those tongue-candies from Harry Potter.
- The soft tongue tissue has no place outside a creature's body. It would be too prone to wounds, and an easy target for enemies.
- It would be extremely prone to infections too.

All around, that tongue is simply the most ridiculously impractical body part ever conceived for a Pokémon. There is no excuse for it to be there. I know Greninja is based on some legendary thief with a red scarf, but if the scarf was so important, they could just... I don't know, give it a f***ing scarf? Why does it have to be its tongue? Why not its vocal sac, or some loose skin flap, or an actual accessory à la Meloetta's (lost) shoes, Cubone's club/helmet or Spoink's pearl? Heck, if Gurdurr can carry an I-beam around with no explanation, I don't see why Greninja can't have a scarf. They better retcon it in some later generation.

Yeahhh, Greninja's tongue-scarf thing is pretty damn unrealistic. That tongue just ruins the 'imma badass ninja frog' image it had, because it would be a very vulnerable weak-spot, not to mention, how the hell could it eat, breathe, or talk? :I Pretty much just reiterating what Cobra was saying about Greninja, honestly, because it's true lol

• Greninja reeks of cool... and then destroys its image with that tongue. There are so many reasons why that tongue is a stupid idea:
- It makes it difficult for Greninja to eat, speak or breathe. The tongue literally fills its mouth, and then some. Greninja can't even have all of it inside its body at any time.
- The tongue doesn't appear to serve any purpose but to "look cool". Which, given its impractibility, it certainly doesn't. It looks like Greninja ate one of those tongue-candies from Harry Potter.
- The soft tongue tissue has no place outside a creature's body. It would be too prone to wounds, and an easy target for enemies.
- It would be extremely prone to infections too.

All around, that tongue is simply the most ridiculously impractical body part ever conceived for a Pokémon. There is no excuse for it to be there. I know Greninja is based on some legendary thief with a red scarf, but if the scarf was so important, they could just... I don't know, give it a f***ing scarf? Why does it have to be its tongue? Why not its vocal sac, or some loose skin flap, or an actual accessory à la Meloetta's (lost) shoes, Cubone's club/helmet or Spoink's pearl? Heck, if Gurdurr can carry an I-beam around with no explanation, I don't see why Greninja can't have a scarf. They better retcon it in some later generation.
Yeahhh, Greninja's tongue-scarf thing is pretty damn unrealistic. That tongue just ruins the 'imma badass ninja frog' image it had, because it would be a very vulnerable weak-spot, not to mention, how the hell could it eat, breathe, or talk? :I Pretty much just reiterating what Cobra was saying about Greninja, honestly, because it's true lol
Go play with a Greninja in Pokemon Amie. It can open its mouth just fine, eat Pokepuffs, make noises, etc. I think the tongue is more vestigial than anything. Maybe Greninja needed the tongue at some point but over time became fast enough where it wasn't necessary? I dunno, it'll probably be more clear how the tongue and mouth work whenever Greninja shows up in the anime.

Also, he's a ninja. I'm sure he could figure out a way to hide his tongue if he wanted.

I wonder if in the anime they'll show Greninja retracting the tongue back in its mouth. I can't see it always outside its mouth, for the reasons already mentioned.

I feel the need to chime in in defense of Aromatisse and Barbaracle. On the one hand, I was disappointed that Spritzee didn't evolve into a plague doctor flamingo. On the other hand, Aromatisse has a sassy pose like it knows it's fabulous and doesn't care what anyone else thinks. It also reminds me of puppets designed my Jim Henson, especially from The Labyrinth, which is a good thing.

Barbaracle is a frightening superorganism constructed from multiple angry barnacles. It's like a barnacle Voltron, or a barnacle Megazord. If you ask me, that's a pretty awesome concept. Plus, I never imagined in my wildest dreams that there would actually be a barnacle pokemon.

I feel the need to chime in in defense of Aromatisse and Barbaracle. On the one hand, I was disappointed that Spritzee didn't evolve into a plague doctor flamingo. On the other hand, Aromatisse has a sassy pose like it knows it's fabulous and doesn't care what anyone else thinks. It also reminds me of puppets designed my Jim Henson, especially from The Labyrinth, which is a good thing.

Barbaracle is a frightening superorganism constructed from multiple angry barnacles. It's like a barnacle Voltron, or a barnacle Megazord. If you ask me, that's a pretty awesome concept. Plus, I never imagined in my wildest dreams that there would actually be a barnacle pokemon.

Maybe they made Aromatisse so gross as a caricature of what 'beauty' is seen as in social media or something? Doesn't matter what it means, I still think it looks gross. :I And I see the 'Nigel Thornberry' nose it had as a Spritzee is still there. :p

And the 'many angry Binacle' fusing to make one giant Binacle-Zord does make sense, but it doesn't make Barbaracle look any less like a 'WTF did nature do' product. Me personally, I actually like Barbaracle, it does look like a Binacle-Zord. :3 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)