World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

Lost all respect for Robinho?, what about Robben diving all over the place, he literally jumped 3 foot in the air on one of his dives.

was an enjoyable game until the red card imo; Brazil kinda gave away that win (they played so well until that goal)..

"Netherlands - Germany final!!! that would be awesome!"

that would be gay..

I'm rooting for Argentina and whoever wins that Uruguay/Ghana game in an hour now (slightly more for Ghana because their players rock)

and Robben acted like a complete asshole ;c

edit: German speaker came all over Netherlands victory

Honestly what is all the fuss with Robben?

Sure, he made one dive on purpose, but other than that I dont think he did much wrong.

If you noticed how Nigel de Jong got a yellow card for practically nothing. and now we have to miss him next match....

well anyway, again the Dutch didnt play tops, but Brazil just made that huge mistake with the own goal. x_x

Not to really piss on the Dutch parade, but Brazil shat all over Holland until the own goal. No communication there by the goalkeeper. For 60 minutes, you didn't do anything, and then Brazil fell apart. You would've scored more, if Huntelaar wasn't so crap, but Brazil basically handed the game on a plate to the Dutch with some suicidal defending, and of course, Melo is really a madman. Robben is a douchebag, and still a horrendous diver.

Still expect you to make the SF, but you may not be as lucky against more ruthless opponents.
Ruthless opponents like...? Honestly, by 'own goal', you make it sound like it was just Melo's giant fuck-up. Sneijder made a great shot, and while Melo did glance off it, it wasn't like he threw it in for them. Uruguay / Ghana will still be a challenge, especially with players ineligible to play, but I wouldn't say they are more ruthless than Brazil. Indeed, by your own admission, Brazil were pissing on Holland for a long time there.

Not to really piss on the Dutch parade, but Brazil shat all over Holland until the own goal. No communication there by the goalkeeper. For 60 minutes, you didn't do anything, and then Brazil fell apart. You would've scored more, if Huntelaar wasn't so crap, but Brazil basically handed the game on a plate to the Dutch with some suicidal defending, and of course, Melo is really a madman. Robben is a douchebag, and still a horrendous diver.

Still expect you to make the SF, but you may not be as lucky against more ruthless opponents.
I agree their first half was disappointing at best, with no real chances whatsoever, van Persie showing once more that fame isn't everything. I also agree that we should at least have made the 3-1, what with the completely open goal near the end with 3 men in the 16 but no one even trying.

However, the Dutch played an amazing second half, and I think Robben made one dive at most (I didn't look closely enough to judge all of them). The guy really took some abuse. If anyone should've gotten some disciplinary action it'd be van Bommel, who seemed to avoid the yellow all the cool kids got at least 50 times.

If you noticed how Nigel de Jong got a yellow card for practically nothing. and now we have to miss him next match....
De Jong made a blatant dive and that's all there is to it. He didn't even look upset, let alone protest: he tried to cheat a free kick and got called out on it.

Major props for Sneijder for finally having multiple good moments as opposed to one assist or goal that instantly bombards him to Man of the Match when defensive people like Stekelenburg and van Bommel saved our asses multiple times in the group stages and against Slovakia. Pretty much everyone else was amazing as well, even Ooijer who had to deal with a last minute deployment. The only exception is van Persie, who seemed to be aiming for the birds with his free kicks and generally fluked (though he made one or two good passes in the first half).

Honestly what is all the fuss with Robben?

Sure, he made one dive on purpose, but other than that I dont think he did much wrong.

well anyway, again the Dutch didnt play tops, but Brazil just made that huge mistake with the own goal. x_x
Robben is a huge diver and is probably one of the biggest assholes in world football on the pitch. Constantly throwing himself to the ground, and feigning injury. He tried to get Bastos sent off, when he barely touched him by flinging himself about 3 yards forward. Pathetic. He probably loses a follicle every time he dives, judging by the looks of him.

de Jong was booked for persistent fouling. How van Bommel wasn't booked I don't know.

Ruthless opponents like...? Honestly, by 'own goal', you make it sound like it was just Melo's giant fuck-up. Sneijder made a great shot, and while Melo did glance off it, it wasn't like he threw it in for them. Uruguay / Ghana will still be a challenge, especially with players ineligible to play, but I wouldn't say they are more ruthless than Brazil. Indeed, by your own admission, Brazil were pissing on Holland for a long time there.
Germany, Argentina and Uruguay mainly... Klose, Higuain and Forlan (lol) don't miss much for their country in front of goal. Melo's WAS a giant fuck up. It wasn't a shot, it was more of a cross and not really a good one at that. Holland should beat Ghana but I can see Uruguay beating them since Holland's defence is quite "meh".

Germany, Argentina and Uruguay mainly... Klose, Higuain and Forlan (lol) don't miss much for their country in front of goal. Melo's WAS a giant fuck up. It wasn't a shot, it was more of a cross and not really a good one at that. Holland should beat Ghana but I can see Uruguay beating them since Holland's defence is quite "meh".
The only one of those who will be in the SFs with them is Uruguay. (I'm sure you know that, but my point is that getting to the finals is great, especially since Argentina / Germany / Spain would all be fearsome opponents for any team, particularly the first two.)

My dream of seeing an all South American final...gone, eh hopefully Argentina will produce better then Brazil has, seriously Brazil didn't even try after they got scored upon >_>.

norulz

excellent
Sneijder made a great shot
No, Sneijder made a cross

Júlio César's fuck up may not have been due to his back injury, but if the Brazilians weren't stupid enough to risk his injury being aggravated, if it had been Gomes or Doni in there maybe they wouldn't have suffered the own goal and maybe their team wouldn't have fallen apart.

Felipe Melo is a terrible player with a terrible temper, and of course Dunga is stupid for playing him (on the starting 11).

Predictions:

Uruguay 2 - 0 Ghana

Argentina 3 - 1 Germany

Bah

Fucking dunga didin't called up good mids like Ganso and Ronaldinho, no fucking bench for Elano, Dani alves is a wing not a mid. Felipe Melo is way too nervous to play, dammit. On netherland's first goal Julio Cesar said "DEIXA, DEIXA" wich means he was sayin to pepole just let he punch the ball. Why the hell Melo tried to head that one. Second goal nobody markin sneijder, damn. Felipe melo red carded, first half was perfect, kaka and maicon forced stekelemburg to do great saves, second half was terrible, brazil was lost in field. No fucking midfield action, damn. We fucking deserved to lose. We need some fucking midfield instead of calling up JOSUE and KLEBERSON, damn.

I agree their first half was disappointing at best, with no real chances whatsoever, van Persie showing once more that fame isn't everything. I also agree that we should at least have made the 3-1, what with the completely open goal near the end with 3 men in the 16 but no one even trying.

However, the Dutch played an amazing second half, and I think Robben made one dive at most (I didn't look closely enough to judge all of them). The guy really took some abuse. If anyone should've gotten some disciplinary action it'd be van Bommel, who seemed to avoid the yellow all the cool kids got at least 50 times.

De Jong made a blatant dive and that's all there is to it. He didn't even look upset, let alone protest: he tried to cheat a free kick and got called out on it.

Major props for Sneijder for finally having multiple good moments as opposed to one assist or goal that instantly bombards him to Man of the Match when defensive people like Stekelenburg and van Bommel saved our asses multiple times in the group stages and against Slovakia. Pretty much everyone else was amazing as well, even Ooijer who had to deal with a last minute deployment. The only exception is van Persie, who seemed to be aiming for the birds with his free kicks and generally fluked (though he made one or two good passes in the first half).
just saying De Jong got yellow when he was pulling the shirt of Fabiano iirc.
If he were to get a Yellow card, I don't think it should have been for that.

As for Van Bommel, he just made friends with the ref in the first 45 minutes :P shaking hands and such. wouldn't really have mattered, as the yellow card will be gone after quarter finals.

Yeah Robben is a flopper as far as I can see, and IMO that wasn't really an own goal, Sneijder was definitely crossing the ball in and Melo got in Julio Cesar's way, causing him to wiff the punch. The ball barely even touched Melo's head. But Netherlands played great in the second half and deserved to win (but could've had 4 or 5 goals :P).

But Spain's gonna win it all baby!

F*ck! Lugano injured, Forlán is the new captain and Scotti replaced Lugano.

EDIT: Fucile injured too. A hard fall on his head. He can go on, but I think he will be subbed in the rest. Looked pretty bad.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

WHAT A GOAL. GHANA HAVE THIS WORLD CUP IN THE BAG

What were you saying about Uruguay?
That is what I was saying. Your defense is not good, and Muslera just took a goal from almost 30 meters.

You can talk all you want about missing Lugano, since Ghana is also without Ayew, who were able to torn a few defenses inside out so far at the World Cup.

Ghana dominated the first half, but for a few minutes at the start. Let's hope they keep up the good work, and that Gyan is able to score, with his crappy aiming.

Now Forlan scored, and let's hope Uruguay is back to the game so that Ghana doesn't turn this into a one-sided game.

Dutch lion roared, finals here we come baby.

Hoping to meet spain for a beautifull match, even though it may also be the hardest...

anyone else in watching this games starting to hate soirez, number 9 on uruguay. I mean hes complaining about everything, commiting fouls all the time and going offside all the tme too. He just frustrates me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)