World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

this looks like it could go to penalties, although USA shuld have scored atleast one of the several chances they had

still hoping ghana can take this

@Broth3r.

Suárez made 35 competition goals in 33 competition games for Ajax (he missed one game, yellow card suspension, he got them for schwalbes and complaining to referees, never makes a "physical" foul but does those two other things too much).

He made 7 goals in 6 Europa League games (he missed 1 game because of a yellow card suspension).

He made 9 goals in 5 cup games (he was given rest in most games against small opponents, one yellow card suspension).

I didn't count some games he played shorter than 20 minutes (subbed because of injuries, given rest against small opponents and playing as a sub for les than 20 minutes etc.).

Is good at taking penalties and some free kicks (not so good left leg, very good shot in his right leg).

People complain he is too selfish, but aside from 35 goals 33 competition games, he is "king of the assist", with 17 assists.

Plays as a right winger for Ajax, for Uruguay as a central striker in a 4-4-2-system. He isn't even a central striker and still has a great World Championship.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Sup, Sex Machines, sorry it had to be versus the US, but I pledged my allegiance to the Sex Machines and Slovakia.

@Broth3r.

Suárez made 35 competition goals in 33 competition games for Ajax (he missed one game, yellow card suspension, he got them for schwalbes and complaining to referees, never makes a "physical" foul but does those two other things too much).

He made 7 goals in 6 Europa League games (he missed 1 game because of a yellow card suspension).

He made 9 goals in 5 cup games (he was given rest in most games against small opponents, one yellow card suspension).

I didn't count some games he played shorter than 20 minutes (subbed because of injuries, given rest against small opponents and playing as a sub for les than 20 minutes etc.).

Is good at taking penalties and some free kicks (not so good left leg, very good shot in his right leg).

People complain he is too selfish, but aside from 35 goals 33 competition games, he is "king of the assist", with 17 assists.

Plays as a right winger for Ajax, for Uruguay as a central striker in a 4-4-2-system. He isn't even a central striker and still has a great World Championship.
It was a rethoric question.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah, the way non-americans play sports is absolute bullshit with the flopping and injury faking

sorry to be a xenophobe but you know it's true, ghana took 10+ minutes faking injuries and the refs refused to call it, just like the americans got mugged in the box and the refs refused to call that, just like the refs stole two goals from america, etc, etc.

there is a reason americans have no respect for overseas players - they cheat any way and every way they can regardless of sport.

still, the us has to play all 90 minutes - they were lucky to be only down 1 after the first half.

America, 1, officiating, 2.

Like the itv guy said (yes, itv, I'm in algarve, lol): America - 1, all of Africa - 2.

EDIT: and seriously ancien. USA is a saint among sinners? Spare me.

I've been following American soccer passionately since the start of the world cup and I think that's the most disappointing showing of them yet.

I know that we wouldn't make it past Brazil in the semifinals but still I was expecting a 2-1 victory over Ghana and a fifty-fifty shot on beating Uruguay in the quarterfinals. Maybe I just overestimated Donovan's goalscoring abilities - or maybe it's because Landon is the only player on our team that seems to be able to consistently score.

Well, I'm disappointed that the U.S. lost, but I am still proud of our guys. Ghana made the most of their chances and deserved to win. Will be interesting to see them play Uruguay in the Quarterfinals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)