Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames III - Week 3 (Tiebreaker - see post #35)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Resident Camomons Meteorologist here finally bringing you all a weather report win post over MetaRiolu7 in a good game.

Despite Asia-Pacific being out of playoff contention this year, I actually believe we have done very well and I have no regrets in leading the team -- not to mention being my first time to do so in the Other Metagames Community. I would like to honor my fellow Ronins and Guardians who are integral to the team's little success:

- my fellow Zen Master King Leo V who is super willing to lead the Asia-Pacific team regardless of whoever is co-leading (which eventually ended up with me taking the reins). I am sorry that your dream of winning OMPL, NFEPL, and WCoOM in the same year didn't happen because of this team being eliminated from playoff contention, but I do believe that with your capabilities as a player and captain, you will flourish big time. I really hope we can come back again next year, better and stronger than ever!​
- one of the longest-standing Ronins Redflix who actually supported lots of us with some knowledge about almost all of the metagames while keeping on slaying in Mix and Mega. It's kind of unfortunate that we currently share the same record in this affair, but your support in metagames other than Mix and Mega really boosted the team big time.​
- Chessking345 and lph for slaying in the Balanced Hackmons department - a metagame I genuinely hate with a passion because of so many overwhelming and centralizing features which made it difficult for me to keep up. Besides that, you guys are actually incredible in different ways; it's so great to have Chessking being part of Asia-Pacific which actually lifts off one burden to search for a BH player especially with the loss of MAMP (and I do hope you stay with us), and it's also great to have lph for providing some morale boost and having a knack for learning other metagames apart from BH.​
- pichus for surprising the team from the get-go by stepping up as the point person in the STABmons department, something that we are actually struggling to find a more reliable one apart from Chloe (should I say it?). If it weren't for me being so bad in that metagame, I would've given huge amount of help there, but good thing I brought in my UU colleague and honorary guest Smallsmallrose to ease my burden off. I really do hope my fellow Ronin RICEMAN gets to step up too because the opportunity would be super wide here.​
- TectonicDestroyer for actually giving his all no matter what the circumstances, and not gonna lie, he was one of those people who made me get my hands dirty on the Almost Any Ability metagame where I didn't expect to be decent at it! Alongside Redflix, he is definitely one of the most hardworking people in this team by supporting different metagames as well, and it's something I truly appreciate. Isn't it amazing when both of us, started off winless at Week 3, pulled off wins? Haha!​
- My fellow Asian Camomons colleague Maple for the support in the metagame I loved the most, no matter how small! How I wish I gave you the opportunity to play with me as your team building anchor, and I hope we discover lots of things in that metagame together!​
- Kaif being unfortunately banned on the forums is ultimately given the sole role of the Spirit Warrior. He actually happened to be one of the hidden gems integral to the success to the team by giving some team nitpicks in some of the metagames like Almost Any Ability and Camomons. How I wish that whether his ban would be permanent or temporary, he would end up being a changed, non-judgmental man; if he gets freed by the next year he would be a welcome addition for the team.​
- Rav3ndan for being a huge help in Leo's NFE endeavors. I never knew how greatly stacked NFE players are, and it was pretty difficult to choose given the quality of players in that metagame, but thank you so much for supporting him no matter the circumstances. How I wish I could get my hands dirty again in NFE, lol!​
- Finally, to Jrdn, The Number Man, Dragonillis, and even Thinkerino (among all other people) to test Camomons teams with me; my Camomons journey in this tournament would've been a lot rougher if it weren't for those battle tests, and I greatly appreciate them!​
Thank you to the team for bearing with me and my Battle Realms references (lol); you guys would not believe the names I've given to the channels. Anyway, I believe that we've done our best, and we have no regrets. However, in the following year, we'll come back better and stronger than ever, and hopefully it would be time for us to make the shadows afraid.

Congratulations to US North East, UK, and Europe for qualifying! US South and Canada have tied for the final playoffs spot. They have selected Almost Any Ability and NFE, respectively.

Tiebreaker

US South vs Canada

SS Almost Any Ability: FlamingVictini vs Jrdn

SS Balanced Hackmons: PinkDragonTamer vs GL Volkner

SS NFE: Skysolo vs Zap

Deadline is Sunday, December 27th, at 11:59 pm US Eastern (UTC -5).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)