Word of the Day

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It has recently come to my attention that a lot of Smogon users do not know the definitions of every day words. I think it's time we changed that. So let's do a word of the day, even if it only lasts a day! Today's word is "quit".
quit [kwit] Show IPA verb, quit or quit·ted, quit·ting, adjective

verb (used with object)
1. to stop, cease, or discontinue: She quit what she was doing to help me paint the house.
2. to depart from; leave (a place or person): They quit the city for the seashore every summer.
3. to give up or resign; let go; relinquish: He quit his claim to the throne. She quit her job.
4. to release one's hold of (something grasped).
5. to acquit or conduct (oneself).6. to free or rid (oneself): to quit oneself of doubts.
7. to clear (a debt); repay.

verb (used without object) 8.to cease from doing something; stop.
9. to give up or resign one's job or position: He keeps threatening to quit.
10. to depart or leave.
11. to stop trying, struggling, or the like; accept or acknowledge defeat.

adjective
12. released from obligation, penalty, etc.; free, clear, or rid (usually followed by of ): quit of all further responsibilities.

Please discuss today's Word of the Day!

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Firestorm makes a thread wanting people to use words correctly and then several of them do. How ironic!

woah justin hold on your badges are ALL alumnused im pretty sure the quit rule states that you can not say a word, sorry

luckily i have this one colored in i guess this is applying to makiri though after he quit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)