SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

Traded some Beldums and Spritzees, got back a 4 IV Litwick, 4 IV Zorua, and a 5 IV Adamant Froakie, it has 31/31/31/0/31/31
Probably my best poke I've gotten from wonder trading

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
recently went and traded off about 3-4 boxes I had of things like SB Torchic w/ BP, BD + AJ Marill, Gastly, Ralts and Sturdy + Mirror Coat Bergmite, all with 3-4 IVs (some even 5 but in wrong stat), and I've got to say I had a great haul! I'm gonna try to go through the best stuff (there's a fair bit..)

FLAWLESS Pinsir (with Mold Breaker, I'm guessing they wanted Moxie)
4IV Chlorophyll Bulbasaur
5IV Modest Female Anticipation Eevee (missing special attack)
3 Protean Froakies, with at least 4IVs. 3 with 3IVs.. all males though :(
5IV Female Larvesta (missing special attack)
4IV Solar Power Charmander + several 3-4IV Blaze varients, funnily enough all had DD + Outrage. Not much love for CharY it seems..
2IV Squirtle with Aura Sphere + Dragon Pulse
4IV Smeargle
4IV Rufflet
4IV Gale Wings Fletchling (missing hp HP and attack)
Bulletproof Quilladin
4IV Prankster Riolu w/ Blaze Kick, HJK, Bullet Punch + Crunch
Gooey Goomy w/ Counter, Acid Armor + Poison Tail
Imposter Ditto w/ 31 HP
Lots of Larvitar. One with 4IVs (missing def + special atk) w/ Iron Head, Stealth Rock + Outrage. The others weren't bad either
Flawless Deino but it's Impish...
3IV female Infiltrator Litwick
Skill Link Shellder
4IV Skrelp
4IV Helioptile (missing defences) w/ Glare
4IV female Espurr in a Luxury Ball w/ Assist, Trick, Yawn + Barrier
4IV Japanese Scatterbug. Even though it's Impish and missing the special atk IV I wanna train it up into whatever pattern it will be (meadow/elegant or monsoon iirc)
2IV Spiritomb (exciting for me, I've never had one!)
4IV Houndour
4IV Jolly, Mold Breaker Hawlucha
3IV Togepi
3IV Skarmory
Swift Swim Poliwag (soon to be Drizzletoad) w/ Ice Ball (???) and Encore
couple of Sneasel with good IVs and Counter
lots of Mawille with good IVs....

Don't wanna come across as bragging, just wanted to tell you all that 9pm-1am Japan time is the Wondertrade happy hour, so set your world time converters accordingly

One interesting tidbit is that it seems that more often than not people are going for IVs before nature which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
One interesting tidbit is that it seems that more often than not people are going for IVs before nature which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...
Well, I might be sending off a bunch of Bergmite like that, but that's because I'm going for a Kangaskhan and the nature doesn't matter on the Bergmite. So that might be why. Not every Pokemon is available in the FS.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I might be sending off a bunch of Bergmite like that, but that's because I'm going for a Kangaskhan and the nature doesn't matter on the Bergmite. So that might be why. Not every Pokemon is available in the FS.
Do you mean you're just catching FS Bergmite and sending them off? I'm talking about breeding rejects. It seems that people are going for high IV parents with random natures before they lock in the nature with an Everstone. About ~80% of stuff I get off WT has about 4IVs but with the wrong nature...

Do you mean you're just catching FS Bergmite and sending them off? I'm talking about breeding rejects. It seems that people are going for high IV parents with random natures before they lock in the nature with an Everstone. About ~80% of stuff I get off WT has about 4IVs but with the wrong nature...
personally, i always do ivs first. perhaps that's stupid of me, but i find that you can more or less leave a nature to luck; the odds of getting good ivs randomly are so astronomically low.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
I mean I'm breeding a flawless Bergmite right now (or penta-flawless, whatever), and then I'll breed that with a Kang. I'm releasing the 3 IV ones but I'm probably gonna WT the 4 and 5 IV ones.

cant wait for pokebank ill be sending out a bunch of ha starters for people.
on a side note which pokes should I send out on christmas

I have been sending a ton of 4IV Bulbasaurs (many of them Chlorophyll) out, and I got some really great stuff recently!

5IV (missing SpA) Adamant Magikarp
4IV (missing SpA, Speed) Brave Honedge
5-6 other 2-3IV mons, most with egg moves

Two "perfect" competitive pokemon, that I basically got for free thanks to my 3 boxes of Bulbasaur spitbacks. Thanks random people, you saved me a bunch of time! Enjoy the Bulbasaurs. :)

I'm holding off Wonder Trading the rest of my spitbacks until January. I'm also trying to complete a living pokedex, and I'm sure after pokebank people will have loads of previously unavailable pokemon ready to send out.

I'm Wonder Trading a box of Krabby, Gyrados and Frogadier from the Friend Safari. If the OT says Nicholas, it might me from me.

I'm finally getting X tomorrow, but I don't want to progress too far into the game before the 27th when Pokebank comes out and I can transfer over a level 2 Togetic for my in-game run. In the waiting time I'm getting the event Torchic and my first Gym badge, raising a Scatterbug into a Polar Vivillon, and playing the wondertrade shuffle. This should be fun.

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting much today with lots of new games starting up today...ended up with a Naive 5-IV Bagon with Hydro Pump (best score I've gotten yet) and an Impish 5-IV Furfrou (uh....okay)

Was trading away some Spritzee breeding reject today and managed to snag a Defiant Piplup. That was...surprising. No 31 IV'S though

I use Wonder Trade quite a bit, and have gotten a 5 IV Mawile, 5 IV Drilbur, 4 IV Gastly, 4 IV Eevee, I can't even remember the rest. I've gotten pretty lucky.
And most recently, I got traded a Cyndaquil and a Mudkip from Japanese players, which is neat.

I feeling bad for only sending stuff out I only caught for dex entries :/
But I wanted to get some Stuff as a headstart for breeding. Some of the best mons were 4 IV Bellydrum Aquajet Marill, Many 3-4 IV Gastly and a wild caught 4 IV Sandile. My friend got really lucky he just started X and wondertraded to get a good start. He got a 5 IV Tyrunt with egg moves and a perfect Spearow.

Well im pretty lucky with my wonder trades i got a 4IV laervitar with SR Outrage and DD bred in i got an evee with pokerus(which iv been spreding) marvel scal dratini i think thats about it possibly some other more notable things that i forgot i allways try to trade something of worth though as if everyone trades garbage the system dies.

A few days ago, I got a level 1 perfect Modest Anticipation eevee with wish and curse. That was pretty sweet. No idea why it got traded away--maybe they were looking for a different nature?

Picked up an Iron Fist Chimchar. Has that HA been released yet? It's male, but I've got a perfect IV female in my Soulsilver to eventually bring up.

ZapDraws: Yes, Iron Fist Chimchar has been released (it was a Japan only event or giveaway around 2010 time if I recall correctly). Obviously where Japan managed to get older pokemon through, they bred a few of pretty much everything, and now you should start seeing more of all of the starters and the remaining non-lengendary pokemon get put into the system. Just a note, only the starters from generations 2 and 5 are yet to have their HA released anywhere to my knowledge, so do be careful when dealing with those sets.
I've had luck with more good hauls, my best in the past couple of weeks was a 5iv female Chloro Bulbasaur with Giga Drain and a 5iv female Japanese Speed Boost Torchic. I'm also picking up random spitbacks from old starters, but so far the only one with a HA is Chimchar.

So i traded my xerneas to someone, believing i was receiving a 6 IV ditto. The ditto only had 2 IVs, and another of its IVs was a 0. In my sadness, i wonder traded the ditto, and received a 4 IV modest gooey goomy with egg moves... Goodra is the pokemon i wanted to start breeding. The person then offered me, a starting breeder with a rocky start and a dream, a trade. We traded back and forth, then he gave me his friend code, and he is currently my only friend. His safari? Ditto :)

Other good mons I've received: 4IV timid gastly, 4IV Adamant marvel scale dratini, 4IV honedge, 2IV female eevee, 3 iv timid rotom, and a 4 iv litwick. To all those people, you rock. I, as a not so good breeder, contribut to wonder trade by giving out ocean pattern Vivillions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)