SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

I keep getting crap. So sad. Too many Elemental monkeys.

I try to send out semi-interesting things. I had an extra Pumkaboo and traded it off, forgetting it was a trade evo, so I was slightly surprised when the person who received it gave me an O Power. I figured they had Y since I got a female Skrelp in return which was kinda cool.

I have some extra Old Amber that I might restore and send off.

I've been sending out many spitbacks from breeding, some might have 4 flawless IVs and the other unown (so who know's maybe its a 30 xD). Really don't like sending out lame pokémon, but I getting a lot of them in return. Infact, I don't think I've gotten a single really good pokémon, but at least some nice dex entrys. Mainly do it to earn pokemiles so I can buy rare candys :P

I'll write up a quick summary if you don't mind :)

Wonder Trading FAQ:

What are Wonder Trades?
Wonder Trading is sending out a Pokemon to anywhere in the world, in return for a random Pokemon from a random person anywhere in the world. It does require Internet Access

Where do I access Wonder Trades?
Look on the bottom menu, it is under the PSS Tab.

I keep getting Bunnelbys and Flabébés! When do I get better stuff?
Unfortunately, it is just your luck. A lot of people are dicks and will send shit like that.

So wait, if they do it, can I?
Do not send out shitmon, it clogs up the Wonder Trade and makes it not fun at all, send out some bred stuff! Maybe some extra Chespins you have from breeding for Shinies! Who cares? Just give good out, make it better.

Are any Pokemon banned from Wonder Trade?
No, none have been found yet!

Do the people that we trade with become friends?
No, they become Acquaintances.

Anything else I need to know?
Nope! You're set! Just remember, giving good Pokemon out will make it better for everyone else!

Brammi
If you like this, could you edit it into the OP?

ALSO, I got a Flawless Modest Ralts holding a Gardevoirite :3 I was at the 8th Gym when I got it, and I powerleveled and by the time i made it to the Elite Four it was level 73, I totally didn't over-level it or anything. It is my first Pokemon in Pokemon X to have Max Affection + Level 100!

I've been mostly trading version Y exclusives in the hopes that whoever I trade to has version X. So far the best Pokemon I've received in trades are a Tyrunt and a Barbaracle.

I've been sending off extras of pokes I've bred that I don't want (Scythers and gale wing Fletchlings) and have gotten a herd of Japanese Pikachus -_-

I think I'm going to give up on Wonder Trade soon if things don't pick up...

I traded almost 2 full boxes of non-flawless Ditto i had chained (including one that had 3 IVs with a value of 0. like rly??? considering its just as difficult to encounter one with 3 flawless in the wild, i guess its somewhat impressive. terribly frustrating though...) its fun to do while you're doing homework or something since you don't really have to pay attention and its satisfying to know you're raking in the pokemiles. I mean Ditto i feel isn't a bad pokemon to wonder trade since a lot of casual players like to have one just for simple breeding purposes. but you guys sending out leftover flawless mons are the true saints here! wow. I got a couple of leftover Dratini from other ppls breeding projects & a tyrunt but otherwise nothing notable.

I always give a nice and/or o-power to anyone on wonder trade who at least seemed like they put some thought into what they were sending. Like even tho i already have Gourgeist, i appreciate the thought of someone sending a pumpkaboo anyway. whenever i'm on wonder trade sometimes i wonder what the person on the other side is like - like would we be friends irl or are they all just arrogant 13yr olds with internet access? i'd like to think just having a love of pokemon in common would be enough that i'd be friends with some of these ppl but receiving pidgeys named "P00" can be a bit of a reality check :/

Started playing X and decided I'm wonder trading 90% of my caught mons. So far I've gotten Charmander , Bulbasaur ( Had Petal Dance) , Ralts , Lucario , Meinfoo Houndour , Mareep and Tentacool all before the 2nd gym.

So I've chosen Squirtle and will now use 3 Kanto Starters and kinda fell like doing an anime-esque playthrough.

Have been sending out spitback Amauras from my breeding program and received back a Japanese Mawile with 31/31/31/x/31/31 IVs!

Im still wonder trading my 70 or so Amauras away so there could be more good stuff to come!

Meltra

formerly Himanattsu
In order to clean up the grime in WT and to free up Box space in my PC, I always send out Pokemon that's above Level 30, and I delete any Route 1 mons I come across. That way, the other person and I are happy because they get a good mon, and I haven't really lost anything.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I traded a box of Super-Size Pumpkaboos, nicknamed "Gorgeous" with Flame Charge, mostly Adamant with decent stats, last night. If you got one of them, neat!

Remarkably, the first pokemon I got in return was a level 70 female Greninja with three HMs as moves. The rest of my trades... varied. I got only one Bunnelby, but three Fletchlings, one named "Gay Wings" with Gale Wings, and one that appeared to have been bred for good stats. There was also the happenstance of getting two Modest Mawiles out of three. I got a mix of level 1 pokemon that are, I presume, breeding detritus, but Gibles and Skarmorys are great pokemon nonetheless. I was amused when I got a Pumpkaboo in exchange for my own Pumpkaboo! :)

When I first got the game on day 1, one of my first wonder trades got me a Shedinja which I used to play through most of the game. I never worry about EVs and IVs on the initial play through, but I do like to have a decent nature. The Shedinja's nature was alright, but I love Ninjask so I was very happy. I also traded away a Pikachu and received the exact same Pikachu. It was identical in every way, I guess it could be a coincidence but it just seems unlikely. I also saw a picture of someone who received a male Combee named Regrets which was caught with a master ball. xD

I've only done Wonder Trade twice so far. The first time, I sent out a Dedenne and got Bunnelby. The second time was the most interesting since, in exchange for a Swirlix, I got a Poliwrath from someone named Mike Litoris, and his message was "horsewang luvr" ... Yup.

I'm gonna try more trades in a minute and see what I can get!

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
really liking wonder trade just because you never know what you get. I got myself a few rare pokemons with wonder trade such as magician feniken and progian froakie (even though there were both males) but still. Once in a while you get cool stuff.

I did receive a Yveltal in the Wonder Trade and I have Pokemon X, so that was awesome, but I wasn't sure if the Canadian guy wanted it back. It's still sitting in my box.

Once you start wonder trading for your in-game team as your catching and playing through it seems to be a lot better. Been getting a selection of Squirtle , Charmander , Bulbasaur and Dranti recently though there is still the crap there really are some good gems getting traded, though from me they're getting wild stuff from the first few routes at the moment. I think the most exciting thing I've given away was Froakie

I got a Poliwrath from someone named Mike Litoris, and his message was "horsewang luvr" ... Yup.
Yeah, I've run into some people with some weird names/messages. I ran into a guy named JackMeOff yesterday, and someone with the message "I skin Pokemon" with Adolf the Froakie.

Been giving away my spitback Gibles and Honedges. I've been receiving mostly crap, but I did get a second Pokemon with Pokerus and a Naive Skill Link quad-flawless Shellder.

The Abra I got that I've been using through my Gen 1 Playthrough of X was named KitKat but that's the best I've found. Got a another Charmander @ Fire Fang today off it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)