WIP [Balanced Hackmons] Deoxys-A. (QC: 0/3)

0VERVIEW
-Deoxys-A functions best when punching holes.
- One of the better pokemon to run mixed sets due to having the strongest dual cannons in the game.
-Painfully frail and with a horrible defensive typing.
-Easily picked of by priority attacks not named Vacuum Wave and Mach Punch.
Sets
Name: Choice Specs
move 1: Psystrike
move 2: Fusion Flare/Blue Flare
move 3: Boomburst/Bug Buzz
move 4: Aura Sphere/ Secret Sword/ Focus Blast
item: Choice Specs
ability: Protean/ Sheer Force
nature: Hasty
evs: 252HP/252SpA/252Def/252SpD/252Spe
SET COMMENTS
-MOVES
* Psystrike is the preffered STAB over Psycho Boost to hit specially defensive behemoths who attempt to wall Deoxys-A. Also, Deoxys-A does not appreciate the drops.
* The next slot is a toss-up between accuracy and power. Steel-types generally wall Deoxys-A, and Blue/Fusion Flare takes care of that. It's up to you to choose power or accuracy.
* The 3rd slot aims to hit through the numerous Substiitutes in the tier, especially Poison Heal Regigigas. The choice is that one give you a powerful attack to punch holes with, or a coverage move that hits Dark types hard, respectively.
* Finally, a Fighting coverage move to break through Arceus and Heatran. Reliability in Aura Sphere, power in Focus Blast, or capability to defeat special walls in Secret Sword are choices.
======== Set Details =====
* The EVs are standard fare in BH, sans attack since Foul Play is common.
* Choice Specs maximize damage output.
* Choice Specs also frees up the nature to be other than Modest.
* A Hasty nature enables Deoxys-A to move as fast as it can to outspeed as much as it can.
* The moves aim to get as much Super-effective and Neutral coverage as possible.
* Protean improves both offensive and defensive capabilities, and since we run a Speed boosting nature, Deoxys-A's typing will change to better suit tanking.

Last edited:
FIrst off, 252 ev's in each stat isn't legal.
Boomburst isn't really good without stab, and bug buzz is crap, so I'm not sure what your running for sheer force in that slot
Blue flare>fusion flare, it should be first
Fire+psychic+normal is terrible coverage
Choice specs is a bad item on deoxys-a, run sash.
Timid>Hasty

Have you ever played bh?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I'm also calling you out on not knowing your stuff here. This isn't old XY BH, you can't run 252 EVs in every stat anymore. I'm not even going to mention the actual set since Quantum Tesseract did for me, except for this: There are outclassed options in it and Deo-A absolutely needs its Focus Sash in order to fulfill its niche.

Basically:
Have you ever played bh?
and more specifically, have you ever even seen a Deo-A in BH, let alone used one? I'm getting the distinct feeling that the answer to all of these questions is "no."

I'm also calling you out on not knowing your stuff here. This isn't old XY BH, you can't run 252 EVs in every stat anymore. I'm not even going to mention the actual set since Quantum Tesseract did for me, except for this: There are outclassed options in it and Deo-A absolutely needs its Focus Sash in order to fulfill its niche.

Basically:
and more specifically, have you ever even seen a Deo-A in BH, let alone used one? I'm getting the distinct feeling that the answer to all of these questions is "no."
Forgive me. This is how I run Deoxys-A and had no idea it was not plausible. I'll just drop this then :)

Basically:
Also, thank you for pointing out my wrongs. I'll try to play more recent games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)