Entertainment Why VGC is Subjectively Better than Singles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, basically my idea was this: write an opinion piece on why Doubles > Singles, based on my experiences with both. Given that there has been some conflict between the two communities in the past, bringing this subject back to light might, at the very least, stir up some discussion.

Structure is probably going to go Intro -> Point 1 -> Point 2 -> Point 3 -> Conclusion. Each section is two paragraphs, Singles v. Doubles. Should be a quick write / read, etc. Hope this gets accepted anyways! :)

Hi, Nat! I would honestly be interested in reading this as long as it wasn't overly inflammatory and doesn't veer into the territory of saying 'singles is outright bad'. I'd like to see opinion pieces in The Smog. Similarly, I'd be interested in reading a rebuttal by a singles player. However, this is sensitive territory, so I am neither approving nor rejecting this and would like to hear what other Smog / senior staff have to say. Would you possibly provide some of the reasons you'd be using for us to consider, so we can think about the tone you'd be taking? :) It's possible that this could be reshaped as an article discussing the virtues of VGC, but I understand that comparing it to singles (as someone who has played both) is one of the more interesting parts of your angle here and so I am just putting that out there, not saying that this is necessary.

P.S. This would be for next issue, haha.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ia with pluff that it may be a little sensitive but as long as it's not outright negative and talks about the positive aspects of vgc that singles can't provide (such as irl tournaments etc.), i think that it'd be a very interesting article.

also having a rebuttal by a singles player may make for an interesting editorial type piece for the smog if someone would be willing to write it.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm more interested in the "points" that you're going to be referencing. I feel like this article has the potential to be very inflammatory, so I'd like to see what your game plan is before approving this.

I didn't see the posts in here until now ~_~

Anyways, I'll flesh out this post with some points I'll make but stay tuned until about tomorrow! It's late here~

For now, I'm going to assume you've dropped this idea. Please do PM a staffer if you want this thread reopened, or just repost it with the points we've asked for; either is fine~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)