Why is there no AG Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I know the PS staff is currently a bit overwhelmed on the topic of suggesting rooms, but I think this is an important one that's been overlooked: Anything Goes.
I can't help but think this quirky format with almost zero restrictions needs a room.
It's not Ubers, it's technically not an OM, and I've seen the ladder and plenty of people play it and may want a room just to discuss it, and I've been playing since a few weeks after it got announced and it's not like there's a lack of things to talk about the enigma that is AG.
It's not a very competitive metagame at all for sure, but like in any other metagame AG has things like evolving usage trends and a set of strategies that tend to be more successful than others on the ladder (unlike RandBats for obvious reasons) that some may want to discuss.
I was honestly a bit shocked that there's no AG room among mostly barren and unrelated rooms like MOBA and Chess when I finally took the time to check for myself.
So yeah I guess in the end this is a request for a new room but I'd be damned if it didn't have some validity.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Feel free to come and discuss it in the OM room if the chat is in the mood for it. Standard OM chat takes precedence however. Ubers might feel differently so I can't speak for them.

The same can be said for random battles, I don't know the exact reason for the lack of an AG room but I believe its justified by similar reasoning to why there is not a random battles room

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
The same can be said for random battles, I don't know the exact reason for the lack of an AG room but I believe its justified by similar reasoning to why there is not a random battles room
I know the PS staff is currently a bit overwhelmed on the topic of suggesting rooms, but I think this is an important one that's been overlooked: Anything Goes.
I can't help but think this quirky format with almost zero restrictions needs a room.
It's not Ubers, it's technically not an OM, and I've seen the ladder and plenty of people play it and may want a room just to discuss it, and I've been playing since a few weeks after it got announced and it's not like there's a lack of things to discuss about the enigma that is AG.
It's not a very competitive metagame at all for sure, but like in any other metagame AG has things like evolving usage trends and a set of strategies that tend to be more successful than others on the ladder (unlike RandBats for obvious reasons) that some may want to discuss.
Feel free to come and discuss it in the OM room if the chat is in the mood for it. Standard OM chat takes precedence however. Ubers might feel differently so I can't speak for them.
I thought about this and if this room ultimately doesn't happen I definitely will sometime but technically AG is not listed under OMs at all and if things like MOBA can get a room why not AG?

I thought about this and if this room ultimately doesn't happen I definitely will sometime but technically AG is not listed under OMs at all and if things like MOBA can get a room why not AG?
MOBA is a room for the discussion of games in the MOBA genre, such as League of Legends or DOTA. AG, while something new, is still pokemon so it's not comparable.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
MOBA is a room for the discussion of games in the MOBA genre, such as League of Legends or DOTA. AG, while something new, is still pokemon so it's not comparable.
Then I'll make a different comparison. Old Gens room. Couldn't you just talk about older gen metas in their respective tier's rooms? That's actually more appropriate imo than talking about AG in OM. Yet Old Gens has it's own room and AG does not.

I mean, old gens covers everything from GSC to BW so its a lot more substantial than AG. Like I said before there aren't rooms for things like Random Battles, Challenge Cup, etc... So I assume the same if not similar reasoning applies to AG. Especially since it's such a new tier that I don't think there'd be staff designated specifically to AG like there are for other tiers both on the forums and on PS

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
I mean, old gens covers everything from GSC to BW so its a lot more substantial than AG. Like I said before there aren't rooms for things like Random Battles, Challenge Cup, etc... So I assume the same if not similar reasoning applies to AG. Especially since it's such a new tier that I don't think there'd be staff designated specifically to AG like there are for other tiers both on the forums and on PS
You could say the same about PU, which has a room as well.

The way it works now is if we actually see the demand for a room (i.e. it being often discussed in other rooms), we'll consider adding it. Anything Goes doesn't fit that at the moment and as TEG said, you're welcome to chat about it in the OM room (and maybe even Ubers).

Old Gens and MOBA are rooms because there is sufficient demand there. DPP OU is very different to ORAS OU. Randbats got deleted because there is nothing to discuss as it's just that - random.

We really are closed for room suggestions though and we do review our rooms to see what's in demand. If something was ever going to be approved, it'd start and go through the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)