Who Needs Focus To Punch? (An OU RMT)

yes I know the title is dumb, but I think it's catchy! The team below has won me about 85% of my games so it has done quite well...Anywho onwards with the RMT!

-Team Building Process

Ok so starting off I wanted Tyranitar, but not just any Tyranitar. I wanted a Tyranitar that few people would expect. Enter Tyraniboah!

Alright as you all know Tyranitar is a magnet for fighting type attacks, even more so he is often used as set-up fodder for Nasty Plot/Swords Dance Infernape. Rotom-W provides Tyranitar with an escape route from the ever present fighting type attacks. Enter Choice Scarf Rotom-W!

Now I realize Scizor only adds to the Infernape Weakness, but I really needed a ghost resister, and a realiable poke to take on opposing Tyranitar, as well as scouting and revenge killing. Enter Choice Band Scizor!

So to help combat the growing Infernape problem I added Suicune. I love Suicune....well I love her when I use her, but otherwise she is a bitch to face. Enter the Crocune!

Well from looking at the team so far you are all probably thinking WHY SHAYMIN!? Well the answer is simple, Shaymin is awesome and her SubSeed set Screws over her usual counters. yes Infernape is still a problem, but Scarf Rotom-W and Suicune can fend him off easily enough, and Shaymin has great synergy with Suicune. Enter SubSeed Shaymin!

So after the form of my team's Core I needed a reliable lead that could set up Stealth Rocks more often then not. I chose a Life Orbed Azelf because I prefer to kill Machamp right off the bat, and take 10% recoil damage. Rather than setting up rocks and having half my health knocked off by the Combo of Payback and Colbur Berry. So Enter my Life Orb Lead Azelf!

So after some testing Suicune began to feel like dead weight, and scarfed Rotom-W wasn't Outspeeding as much as I wanted him to, so i changed things up a little. I replaced Suicune with Scarf Flygon and changed Rotom's set into my own devious creation. Enter Scarf Flygon! Goodbye Crocune....

~In Depth

~Azelf @ Life Orb

• Nature; Naive
  • Ability; Levitate
  • EV's; 40Atk 252SpA 216Spe
  • Move Set; Psychic, Fire Blast, Explosion, Stealth Rock
~Description
Basically Azelf is my Stealth Rocker, and early game sweeper. This Azelf's Psychic will KO the standard Attacking Lead Machamp, and in therory putting me up 6-5 and still retaining the ability to set up rocks next turn. this Azelf does however lose to Aerodactyl and oppossing Azelf Leads. Infernape is also a problem too, but I have Rotom to switch in on the Fake Out.

~Rotom-W @ Leftovers

• Nature; Timid
  • Ability; Levitate
  • EV's; 252SpA 4SpD 252Spe
  • Moves Set; Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Pain Split, Substitute
~Description
Rotom-W's job is to take incomming fighting/normal attacks and the proceed to set up substitute on the predicted switch. This set in itself has been the cause of many rage quits. Pain Split allows me to steal HP from stupid fat Blissey and friends. Hydro Pump fro opposing Tyranitar, Heatran, and Infernape. Thunderbolt for Gyarados, and Skarmory. One might wonder, why is shadow ball absent? Well considering that i'll switch out to scizor whenever the likes of Gengar come in I see no need for Shadow ball. So that's that.....

~Flygon @ Choice Scarf

• Nature; Jolly
  • Ability; Levitate
  • EV's; 252Atk, 4SpD, 252Spe
  • Moveset; Eathrquake, Outrage, U-turn, Stone Edge
~Description
Yeah I know boring EV Spread so far, but hey they have their purpous. Lets see....well he is the revenge killer taking out DD Dragonite, DD Gyarados, and basically anything that doesn't have a choice scarf. Not to much to say about him. I am thinking of replacing Stone Edge with Fire Blast to help take care of Scizor though.

~Scizor @ Choice Band

• Nature; Adamant
  • Ability; Technician
  • EV's; 248HP 252Atk 8Spe
  • Move Set; Bullet Punch, Superpower, Pursuit, U-Turn
~Description
Yeah I know more boring stuff, the real fun EV spreads are on their way. Anyways Scizor put's the hurt on many things when he has a Choice Band. Add in Technician boosted Pursuit and STAB Bullet Punch and you've got a monster on your hands! Still there is little I can say on Scizor's behalf. He revenge kills with Bullet Punch, Traps and kills gay ghosts like gengar with Pursuit. Scouts with U-Turn (on a side note Scizor and Flygon make a great scouting Duo!), and Scizor Rapes Blissey, and Snorlax with Superpower. Ok now it's time for the Fun Move Sets!

~Shaymin @ Leftovers

• Nature; Modest
  • Ability; Natural Cure
  • EV's; 252Hp 36SpA 220Spe
  • Move Set; Seed Flare, Earth Power, Leech Seed, Substitute
~Description
Shaymin....what can I say? Shaymin is the best SubSeeder in my opinion. Seed Flare's 40% chance to lower the foes SpD means Shaymin has a chance to beat Blissey one on one! One might wonder why Earth Power? Well considering that Shaymin lures out Fire Types, why not use the opportunity to take them out with an Earth Power? The EV's are so I can outspeed all Lucario and KO them. I have been contemplating over whether or not I should run a Timid Nature and be speedier, or if I should keep the Nature I have and just run more SpA EV's to hit Harder.

~Tyranitar @ Leftovers

• Nature; Quiet
  • Ability; Sand Stream
  • EV's; 252Hp, 60Atk, 176SpA, 20 Spe
  • Move Set; Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Focus Punch, Substitute
~Description
Tyraniboah, the cause of so many rage quits. The fact of the matter is no one expects Tyraniboah and he is almost guarenteed to KO at least one opponent. Max Hp allows for 101 Hp Substitutes, meaning Tyranitar's sub takes 2 seismic tosses to break. I run Thunderbolt just because it's fun to totally destroy Gyarados as it trie to set up expecting a switch. Tyranitar is also my ace in the whole when I need something to destroy Blissey. Ahh so many times have pokemon tried to break his sub only to fail at it and then be immediatly destroyed. Good Times, Good Times......

That Concludes my RMT so comment and what not I would love to see this team get even better! Thanks for looking!

Blue indicates it is a relatively easy Pokémon to handle.​

Orange indicates that the Pokémon does cause problems but can be played around.

Red indicates a cause for serious concern as it can inflict serious damage to my team.​

Offensive Threats

-------------------------

| Aerodactyl :

• Leads: Normally I go for rocks, as most Aerodactyls don't taunt....however if it taunts then I switch to Scizor and Bullet Punch for the 2HKO

• Sweepers: Scizor Rapes it with Bullet Punch.
| Alakazam :

• Encore Leads: Set Up Rocks and then switch to Scizor and U-Turn, then switch in Flygon and U-Turn.
  • Generic Sweeper:Scizor Bullet Punch or U-Turn....I prefer U-Turn as most switch against Scizor. FLygon can also U-Turn on it.
| Azelf :

• Leads: Most Go for Rocks so I do the same, then I Fire Blast, and then switch to Tyranitar as Life Orbed Fire Blast + Sandstorm = DEATH
  • Sweepers: Scizor Bullet Punch, Flygon U-Turn.

| Breloom :

• Leads: Switch to Shaymin and then switch out to Azelf and proceed to set up rocks....Can be troublesome if it stays in to spread sleep.

• Substitute: Let someone take the Spore, and play around.
| Dragonite :

• Dragon Dance: Scizor can Bullet Punch, and Flygon can Revenge kill it at +1.
  • Heal Bell + Dragon Dance: Same as above.
  • Leads: Set Up Rocks and Die....Then Send in Rotom and begin setting up Sub/ Pain Split.
    | Dugtrio :

• Choice Band / Scarf: Let it Revenge something then send in what ever poke is best depending on the move it uses.
| Electivire :

• Generic Sweeper: Shaymin can KO it with Earth Power, and Flygon Revenges it even at +1.
| Empoleon :

• Lead: Set Up Rocks and Die then send in Rotom and let the fun begin!
  • SubPetaya: Flygon can Revenge it if need be....but most of the time sending out Rotom scares them off.
  • Tank: Flygon Revenges it, Scizor can KO with Superpower, Rotom scares it off, Shaymin scares it off as well....yeah not a problem.
| Flygon :

• Choiced users: Being Choiced makes those easy to play around.
  • Mixed Sweepers: Can prove a little difficult...but most of the time I just play around, as Scizor can hit it hard with Bullet Punch and Flygon Revenges it....and after it has used Draco Meteor Shaymin can prove effective against it.
    | Gengar :

• Substitute: Flygon can revenge it and so can Scizor....although in most cases I end up losing a pokemon. I hate these things.
  • Life Orb: Soooo much easier then the substitute set....Scizor rapes it and so does Flygon.
  • Choiced user: Like Flygon, these are easy to play around, If locked into Shadow Ball or HP Fire Tyranitar can set up easily and wreck havoc!
| Gyarados :

• Dragon Dance: Flygon can Revenge kill it at +1...Shaymin can too as long as Gyarados doesn't have Bounce.
  • RestTalker: Rotom Rapes it....Set up bait for Shaymin.
| Heatran :

• Choice Scarf: Play around like Gengar....being locked into Fire Blast/Dragon Pulse allows Tyranitar to set up.
  • Choice Specs: Can be a Problem, if I predict wrong...but otherwise Set Up bait for Tyranitar.
  • Life Orb: Shaymin rapes it....and Flygon Revenges it. If it carries Overheat then Tyranitar Sets up on it.
  • SubToxic: I hate this bitch....i try hard not to let it sub....however if it does then I normally sacrifice Shaymin or Azelf if he is still alive and then send in Flygon to revenge it.
  • Substitute + Torment: I hate this so much. I'll just have to play around it. Though it is a lot easier to take out considering that Shaymin can take Lava Plume and then switch to Flygon....I can also allow Tyranitar to set up but I hate thay 30% Burn rate.
| Heracross :

• Choice users: Played around and when trapped in the wrong move he becomes set up bait.
    | Infernape :

• Special-based Mix: Infernape is the bane of this team....I always lose a poke to him...Shaymin can deal with him if behind a sub. Otherwise Flygon must Revenge it after Ape KO's on of my pokes.
  • Physical-based Mix: A lot easier to fave off against....Rotom can hurt it withHydro Pump and Flygon can revenge it...if Azelf is still alive then he can KO Ape too.
  • Choiced Mix: This could be problematic. Although it's easy to play around, like all choiced users. Scarf is the deadliest and can KO Flygon since Ape now out speeds Flygon.
  • Lead: Switch to Rotom to take the Fake out then switch to Tyranitar to break Sash with Sand Storm....then switch to Azelf on Close Combat and then proceed to Ko with Psychic. Ughh...so much switching.
  • Nasty Plot:/Swords Dance: Nasty Plot will RUn through my team after Flygon is gone....same with Swords Dance.
| Jirachi :

• Choiced users: Play around....
  • Body Slam: Shut down by Azelf if still alive...and Scizor can really hurt it a lot....Shaymin also does well. Flygon Revenges it.
  • Calm Mind: Flygon Revenges and Scizor deals Huge Amounts of damage via U-Turn.
| Jolteon :

• Choice Specs: Locked into Shadow Ball Tyranitar sets up...Locked into Thunderbolt Flygon Revenges. Locked into HP Ice Tyranitar sets up...HP Grass Shaymin/Scizor.
  • Life Orb: I hate these so much. Without HP ice Shaymin wins...Scizor can hurt it a lot with U-Turn....Flygon Revenge kills it.
| Kingdra :

• Dragon Dance: Revenged by Flygon at +1...if locked into Outrage Scizor can hurt it a lot with U-Turn.
  • Rain Dance: I hate those. RD Kingdra can be problematic, Shaymin can hurt it and survive most attacks Kingdra has, Tyranitar changes weather as well so that also helps....mostly I play around it.
    | Lucario :

• Swords Dance: Shaymin as long as it's in good health can KO it with Earth Power...Same with Flygon except he uses Earthquake. Rotom out speeds and can KO with Thunderbolt after a Close Combat SpD drop.
  • Choice Specs: Play around...LOL! who even uses this?
| Machamp :

• Sub + 3 attacks: Very Painfull if he gets up a sub....I normally just play around and try to break his sub...Sandstorm negates his Leftovers and when weakned Scizor's Bullet Punch KO's.
  • Lead: KO'd by Psychic.
| Magnezone :

• Choice Scarf: Played around Easily...Tyranitar Set up bait.
  • Thunder Wave + Substitute: Annoying but fairly easy to take out....Tyranitar set up bait as Tyranitar doesn't overly mind being paralyzed.
| Mamoswine :

• Endeavor Lead:
    LOL Set up Rocks and explode! Scizor Bullet Punch for KO.
  • Generic Sweeper: Scizor and Rotom...end of story.
| Metagross :

• Lead: Most Lead Gross carry Lum Berry so Fire Blast KO's....however with Occa Berry Azelf Loses and a combination of Scizor's U-Turn and Shaymin's Earth Power step in to defeat it.
  • Tank: Same as above with the Shaymin a Scizor....Flygon also Revenges.

• AgiliGross: Same as above....however I must beware of Explosion.
| Porygon-Z :

• Choiced / Generic Sweeper: Tyranitar all the way for Choiced Varients....Sweeper is KO'd by Scizor and Shaymin.
| Rhyperior :

• SU(B)PERIOR: Shaymin and Rotom can KO before Sub....however Scizor is the best choice after he has sub up as He can break the Sub with Bullet Punch and possibly KO depending on Rhyperior's health. If sand storm is up he becomes harder to kill.
  • Trick Room: Scizor can Bullet Punch to by pass Trick Room....other wise I must play around some and stall out Trick Room.
| Scizor :

• Choice Band: Play around....Rotom is a good counter.
  • Swords Dance: A little more difficult, but my own Scizor's Superpower KO's.
| Shaymin :

• Choiced / Generic Sweeper:
  • Wrong Choiced locked move results in Tyranitar Set Up. Sweeper is handled well by U-Turning on it by Flygon and Scizor Bullet Punching it.

| Starmie :

• Defensive: Shaymin and Scizor rape it silly.
  • Life Orb: Same as above.
<B>.....
| Suicune :

• Offensive CM: Shaymin hurts it with Seed Flare and usually scares it out....Scizor does nice Damage via U-Turn and Tyranitar Aids in depleating it's health with Sand Storm.
</B>.....
| Togekiss :

• ParaFlinch: Annoying as hell! But Tyranitar can handle variants without Aura Sphere.
  • Choice Scarf Lead: When I find out it's scarf I immediatly swith to Tyranitar....Set up bait.
  • Nasty Plot: Rotom Kill's it....Flygon Revenges and Scizor can Revenge it at low health.....still really annoying.
| Tyranitar :

• Choice Band: Wrong locked move results in my own Tyranitar Set Up....Shaymin...Scizor.
  • Choice Scarf: Same as above.
  • Dragon Dance: Scizor and Flygon Revenge it.
  • TyraniBoah: Same as above.
| Weavile :

• Lead: Switch to Scizor and 2 HKO it with Bullet Punch.
  • Generic Sweeper: Same as above only this time Bullet Punch OHKO's.
| Yanmega :

• Lead: Set Up Rocks...then send in Rotom.
  • Generic Sweeper: Same as above....Scizor can also Revenge it.
<B>.....
| Zapdos :

• Generic Sweeper: Flygon can Revenge it....Tyranitar can take a hit and retaliate back.
  • Agility: Tyranitar is my only hope....maybe Rotom.
</B>

Defensive Threats

-------------------------

| Blissey :

• Generic Wall: Scizor...Tyranitar...Dies so Quickly.
| Bronzong :

• Standard Wall: Scizor U-Turn Spamming and then send in Rotom to dodge all the common attack Bronzong carries.
| Celebi :

• Standard Wall: U-Turn Spamming....
| Cresselia :

• Standard Wall: U-Turn Spamming.....
  • Psycho Shift/Flame Orb: Oh gosh this thing is so dumb....i've never seen one, but it looks annoying. I suppose Shaymin and Rotom are my only hope.
| Donphan :

• Standard Wall: Shaymin...Rotom.
| Forretress :

• Standard Spiker: Tyranitar....Rotom....Azelf if he isn't dead.
| Gliscor :

• Standard Wall/Stall-breaker: Rotom and Shaymin.
  • Baton Pass: Rotom kill...and Sub.
| Hippowdon :

• Standard Wall: Shaymin....Rotom.
<B>.....
| Shaymin :

• Leech Seed:Such a Jerk...if it doesn't carry HP Fire, then Scizor can Spamm U-Turn. Sandstorm negates Leftovers....Tyranitar can attempt to fight.
</B>.....
| Skarmory :

• Standard Wall/Spiker: Rotom....Tyranitar.
| Snorlax :

• Standard Wall: Tyranitar...Scizor.
| Suicune:

• Calm Mind Tank: Shaymin and Rotom Scare it off....Scizor's U-Turn helps hurt it.
| Swampert :

• Standard Tank: Shaymin.
  • CursePert: Shaymin.
| Tentacruel :

• Generic Wall: Tyranitar...Rotom...Shaymin.
| Vaporeon :

• Generic Wall: Rotom....Shaymin....Scizor helps weaken it via U-Turn.
| Zapdos :

• Generic Wall: Tyranitar....Flygon Revenges it.
  • SubToxic: Annoying but easily played around with Scizor and Flygon so long as it lacks Heat Wave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)