SV OU when you lose to a great tusk stall... you make a great tusk stall in return out of spite (peak: 1822)

:sv/dondozo: :sv/great tusk: :sv/blissey: :sv/clodsire: :sv/alomomola: :sv/corviknight: <- click sprites for pokepaste

Hi... Im HydreigonTheChild and I decided to make this team... it sure is an interesting team with rest great tusk (not my innovation ofc). The team is centered around spike stacking and pressuring the opposing team by racking on passive damage. With curse dondozo the team has a win con and a plan for the end game especially if it can position itself well to make sure all of its checks are worn down. I decided to build around great tusk because I got salty as I lost to it, so I build a max phys def great tusk that can provide spin, remove items such as boots, choiced items, and lefties which can be valuable to making pokemon more managable such as choice banded chien pao, easier to wear down in the case of removing boots, and removing lefties which makes the damage stick on pokemon such as rotom-wash, dondozo, garchomp, garganacl, etc.

1673576102017.png

Great tusk is the first member of this team. What does it do you may ask? Why is it here? Well great question fellow smogon user, this is here because of its invaluable trait as a dark resist, being able to provide removal against gholdengo (it doesn't want to take eq's unless it has big balls to switch into such spins), and displace items as mentioned above. The spread of max HP and max phys def allows it to take hits such as CB chien pao crunch, kingambit iron heads especially after supreme overlord kicks in a few times, cinderace, ceraludge, etc. This helps the team out majorly because being able to switch into kingambit and chien pao dark stab with ease helps the team and allows me to keep tera for other times such as alomomola being able to tera ghost to spin block great tusk (its suprisingly good at it)

1673576180462.png

Ah the classic stall staple, I cannot have a stall team without a blissey, that is just unacceptable and breach of code of conduct. Soooo.... what does blissey do? well it walls pokemon such as gholdengo, iron moth, specs pult, rotom-wash, volcarona, and the list goes on. Blissey also provides the team with rocks, something that I lack room on this team and this allows blissey to be very useful, esp since it can force progress with toss against pokemon such as kingambit, iron treads, chien pao, and great tusks who might want to remove the hazards, only to get chipped over the course of the game. Max phys def is used as it can be used to take pivot moves such as pult u-turns with much more ease, also allowing itself to not be 2hko'ed by stray boots pult dragon darts.
1673576200813.png

Sp. def clodsire.. well what does it do? I prefer sp. def clodsire on this team for the ability to stonewall pokemon such as volcarona, be able to take on mixed iron valiant (sometimes), skeledirge, espartha (esp with an early toxic and a dark tera), and more as its talents are for a lot of special attackers, it can even eat rotom-wash hydro pumps and threaten toxic the next turn if it gets to cocky to go for the volt switch. Spikes is useful for this team as combined with knock off it can force a lot of progress against balance teams that forgo defog for boots instead.

1673576244864.png

Fishy Wishy is the 2nd to last pokemon that is going to be talked about. It provides wish for the team..? Huh? Seriously? Well wish is seriously helpful to allow a pokemon to scout the opponent better and to not be very crippled. Are you switching in clodsire against that potentially scary volcarona that can tera psychic to ruin your day? Well you can easily scout that and bring the clodsire in to force the volcarona out even if it does tera psychic as the wish healing is to much. Whirlpool + chilling water forces a lot of chip damage, whirlpool damage adds up over time, esp if its statused with toxic and that can be noticable over 5 turns and how quickly it burns up recovery PP, chilling water forces out physical attackers and makes them take even more chip from rocks, spikes, and toxic damage. The ghost tera allows it to spin block which allows the team to capitalize on max hazard stacking

1673576281435.png

Corviknight is the final mon on the team, with helmet and defog this provides as emergency hazard removal in case great tusk cannot spin successfully or has been severely weakened, this allows you to keep the hazards off and manage them especially with great tusk as great tusk can threaten most spin blockers while corviknight is able to defog against teams that get to cocky with their hazard stack or just forgo gholdengo. With max sp. def it can take on pokemon such as iron valiant better not fearing the moonblast -> tbolt combo and helps it keep the team from crumbling easily to it. Rocky helmet punishes rapid spinners and u-turn attempts from pokemon such as roaring moon, kingambit, great tusk, meowscarada, and more.

1673578588271.png

Dondozo is a huge MVP of the team of often being the sole stop to pokemon such as DD dragonite, SD garchomp, DD dragapult, SD chien pao, CM psyshock hattrene, SD kingambit, DD booster energy roaring moon, and SD quaquaval. This pokemon is the fattest physical wall ever, eating hits like no tomorrow. The spread of max hp max phys. def helps the team take on chien pao alongside great tusk as it covers both of its stabs, and SD crunch does nowhere near enough to worry dondozo about anything. Curse is a great late game win con especially once the teams have been succumbing to toxic, hazards, and knock off (removing lefties, boots, etc) meaning it can setup and just win the game on the spot sometimes.

THREATS TO THE TEAM!

Tera dragon wisp hex :dragapult: . This pokemon is able to come in and tera dragon and spam dragon darts, and is very very hard to force progress against and you usually have to sacrifice a pokemon to bring it down for ex. giving up a ton of hp on clodsire just to toxic it, or the high damage dragapult can do to great tusk just to knock off its boots, or to tera ghost blissey in a pinch.

CM stored power :hatterene: . This team has almost nothing for it, it can pretty much sweep the team especially since stored power forces a dark tera and none of the dark tera pokemon really beat it as clodsire cannot touch it and gets outhealed by draining kiss while dondozo gets 3hko'ed by draining kiss and is a crit away from death.

NP recover tera ghost :gholdengo: . This pokemon is a menace, with tera ghost it is neutral to eq which means they nowhere pressure it enough and it can fish for shadow ball drops while boosting to +6 and eventually catch a switch out to blissey or dondozo and hit them hard esp blissey since it lacks unaware, and clodsire can run out of eq PP trying to pressure it as it can not output enough damage to pressure it. Esp if it gets shadow ball dropp'ed / critted which forces a lot of recovers. Its just a long game when playing against it. (Tho if the gholdengo is lefties its an even bigger pain esp since in between eq's, lefties accumulate and can make it a pain to take down.

0 Atk Clodsire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ghost Gholdengo: 90-106 (28.5 - 33.6%) -- 97.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Clodsire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tera Ghost Gholdengo: 90-106 (23.8 - 28%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

REPLAYS!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1770374162 MVP closdire and great tusk as clodsire helped spread toxic damage on the would be irritating rotom-wash, and great tusk helped stop +2 kingambit and helped knock off rotom-wash, and clodsire for them to be worn down late game.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1770954284-cd3tdq0bk61g34i9wvc8518sj04z8oopw dondozo + great tusk MVP in stopping CB chien from owning the team by spamming CB crunch, also MVP clodsire for being able to toxic the great tusk to weaken it for the team to handle it late game

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1768419986-d9nehoegrq5ewglcgxgxbpmelc6hv9gpw 300 turn game which everything goes to the ghost tera alo for shutting down the sub punch breloom and PP stalling it and dondozo who was able to shut down the hattrene the entire game and was the sole reason I won this game

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1774274679-1p3u8430rxm2sp3k6krj0nrwyz10hgipw Tera ghost alomomola putting in work by wearing down cinderace, and forcing progress with whirlpool, and keeping the team alive with wish

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1773734787-b64l5zbwaswpin0y7n2tlchr4c3d9olpw curse dondozo putting in work, and clodsire walling gholdengo which threatened the entire team.

Attachments

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi I would mention somewhere that you you have to click the sprites in order to see the Pokepaste

:sv/dondozo: :sv/great tusk: :sv/blissey: :sv/clodsire: :sv/alomomola: :sv/corviknight: <- click sprites for pokepaste

Hi... Im HydreigonTheChild and I decided to make this team... it sure is an interesting team with rest great tusk (not my innovation ofc). The team is centered around spike stacking and pressuring the opposing team by racking on passive damage. With curse dondozo the team has a win con and a plan for the end game especially if it can position itself well to make sure all of its checks are worn down. I decided to build around great tusk because I got salty as I lost to it, so I build a max phys def great tusk that can provide spin, remove items such as boots, choiced items, and lefties which can be valuable to making pokemon more managable such as choice banded chien pao, easier to wear down in the case of removing boots, and removing lefties which makes the damage stick on pokemon such as rotom-wash, dondozo, garchomp, garganacl, etc.

View attachment 483524

Great tusk is the first member of this team. What does it do you may ask? Why is it here? Well great question fellow smogon user, this is here because of its invaluable trait as a dark resist, being able to provide removal against gholdengo (it doesn't want to take eq's unless it has big balls to switch into such spins), and displace items as mentioned above. The spread of max HP and max phys def allows it to take hits such as CB chien pao crunch, kingambit iron heads especially after supreme overlord kicks in a few times, cinderace, ceraludge, etc. This helps the team out majorly because being able to switch into kingambit and chien pao dark stab with ease helps the team and allows me to keep tera for other times such as alomomola being able to tera ghost to spin block great tusk (its suprisingly good at it)

View attachment 483525

Ah the classic stall staple, I cannot have a stall team without a blissey, that is just unacceptable and breach of code of conduct. Soooo.... what does blissey do? well it walls pokemon such as gholdengo, iron moth, specs pult, rotom-wash, volcarona, and the list goes on. Blissey also provides the team with rocks, something that I lack room on this team and this allows blissey to be very useful, esp since it can force progress with toss against pokemon such as kingambit, iron treads, chien pao, and great tusks who might want to remove the hazards, only to get chipped over the course of the game. Max phys def is used as it can be used to take pivot moves such as pult u-turns with much more ease, also allowing itself to not be 2hko'ed by stray boots pult dragon darts.
View attachment 483526
Sp. def clodsire.. well what does it do? I prefer sp. def clodsire on this team for the ability to stonewall pokemon such as volcarona, be able to take on mixed iron valiant (sometimes), skeledirge, espartha (esp with an early toxic and a dark tera), and more as its talents are for a lot of special attackers, it can even eat rotom-wash hydro pumps and threaten toxic the next turn if it gets to cocky to go for the volt switch. Spikes is useful for this team as combined with knock off it can force a lot of progress against balance teams that forgo defog for boots instead.

View attachment 483527
Fishy Wishy is the 2nd to last pokemon that is going to be talked about. It provides wish for the team..? Huh? Seriously? Well wish is seriously helpful to allow a pokemon to scout the opponent better and to not be very crippled. Are you switching in clodsire against that potentially scary volcarona that can tera psychic to ruin your day? Well you can easily scout that and bring the clodsire in to force the volcarona out even if it does tera psychic as the wish healing is to much. Whirlpool + chilling water forces a lot of chip damage, whirlpool damage adds up over time, esp if its statused with toxic and that can be noticable over 5 turns and how quickly it burns up recovery PP, chilling water forces out physical attackers and makes them take even more chip from rocks, spikes, and toxic damage. The ghost tera allows it to spin block which allows the team to capitalize on max hazard stacking

View attachment 483528

Corviknight is the final mon on the team, with helmet and defog this provides as emergency hazard removal in case great tusk cannot spin successfully or has been severely weakened, this allows you to keep the hazards off and manage them especially with great tusk as great tusk can threaten most spin blockers while corviknight is able to defog against teams that get to cocky with their hazard stack or just forgo gholdengo. With max sp. def it can take on pokemon such as iron valiant better not fearing the moonblast -> tbolt combo and helps it keep the team from crumbling easily to it. Rocky helmet punishes rapid spinners and u-turn attempts from pokemon such as roaring moon, kingambit, great tusk, meowscarada, and more.

View attachment 483541

Dondozo is a huge MVP of the team of often being the sole stop to pokemon such as DD dragonite, SD garchomp, DD dragapult, SD chien pao, CM psyshock hattrene, SD kingambit, DD booster energy roaring moon, and SD quaquaval. This pokemon is the fattest physical wall ever, eating hits like no tomorrow. The spread of max hp max phys. def helps the team take on chien pao alongside great tusk as it covers both of its stabs, and SD crunch does nowhere near enough to worry dondozo about anything. Curse is a great late game win con especially once the teams have been succumbing to toxic, hazards, and knock off (removing lefties, boots, etc) meaning it can setup and just win the game on the spot sometimes.

THREATS TO THE TEAM!

Tera dragon wisp hex :dragapult: . This pokemon is able to come in and tera dragon and spam dragon darts, and is very very hard to force progress against and you usually have to sacrifice a pokemon to bring it down for ex. giving up a ton of hp on clodsire just to toxic it, or the high damage dragapult can do to great tusk just to knock off its boots, or to tera ghost blissey in a pinch.

CM stored power :hatterene: . This team has almost nothing for it, it can pretty much sweep the team especially since stored power forces a dark tera and none of the dark tera pokemon really beat it as clodsire cannot touch it and gets outhealed by draining kiss while dondozo gets 3hko'ed by draining kiss and is a crit away from death.

NP recover tera ghost :gholdengo: . This pokemon is a menace, with tera ghost it is neutral to eq which means they nowhere pressure it enough and it can fish for shadow ball drops while boosting to +6 and eventually catch a switch out to blissey or dondozo and hit them hard esp blissey since it lacks unaware, and clodsire can run out of eq PP trying to pressure it as it can not output enough damage to pressure it. Esp if it gets shadow ball dropp'ed / critted which forces a lot of recovers. Its just a long game when playing against it. (Tho if the gholdengo is lefties its an even bigger pain esp since in between eq's, lefties accumulate and can make it a pain to take down.

0 Atk Clodsire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ghost Gholdengo: 90-106 (28.5 - 33.6%) -- 97.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Clodsire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tera Ghost Gholdengo: 90-106 (23.8 - 28%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

REPLAYS!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1770374162 MVP closdire and great tusk as clodsire helped spread toxic damage on the would be irritating rotom-wash, and great tusk helped stop +2 kingambit and helped knock off rotom-wash, and clodsire for them to be worn down late game.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1770954284-cd3tdq0bk61g34i9wvc8518sj04z8oopw dondozo + great tusk MVP in stopping CB chien from owning the team by spamming CB crunch, also MVP clodsire for being able to toxic the great tusk to weaken it for the team to handle it late game

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1768419986-d9nehoegrq5ewglcgxgxbpmelc6hv9gpw 300 turn game which everything goes to the ghost tera alo for shutting down the sub punch breloom and PP stalling it and dondozo who was able to shut down the hattrene the entire game and was the sole reason I won this game
I am going to... Improvise this team quite a bit. Also, Try Stall Skeledirge To Stop The DDance Dragonite Terastal Ghost+Natural Physical Bulk Is Hell To Break Through.

I am going to... Improvise this team quite a bit. Also, Try Stall Skeledirge To Stop The DDance Dragonite Terastal Ghost+Natural Physical Bulk Is Hell To Break Through.
maybe i will on another team, or maybe when i find something that isnt needed on this team. But yeah... also why against dnite? its like one of the pokemon I struggle the least against. Also if you were indeed trying to put skeledirge on the team what were you trying to put it in instead of

maybe i will on another team, or maybe when i find something that isnt needed on this team. But yeah... also why against dnite? its like one of the pokemon I struggle the least against. Also if you were indeed trying to put skeledirge on the team what were you trying to put it in instead of
Alomamola Possibly, Though I Did This On A Copy Of Your Team. Also, How Do You Do The Pokemon Team PNG Link Thing? I Don't Know How.

Alomamola Possibly, Though I Did This On A Copy Of Your Team.
why mola? can i ask for some reasoning? it seems to be one of the more crucial members of the team being able to regen hits off and wish to teammates to make them burn less recovery. I do wonder what reasons you may have

why mola? can i ask for some reasoning? it seems to be one of the more crucial members of the team being able to regen hits off and wish to teammates to make them burn less recovery. I do wonder what reasons you may have
I Dont Know Why Honestly, Also, How Do You Do The Pokemon Team PNG Link Thing? I Don't Know How.

Hello! I have one suggestion you could try out, bring tera steel/ dark specially defensive toxapex over Clodsire. The benefits of this are that you can spam haze against nasty plot gholdengo, while using infestations to chip it down using much less PP than Clodsire. Against Dragapult, while the matchup is still quite hard, you could run baneful bunker to predict dragon darts and get a free toxic on it. Losing unaware is bad in some matchups, but haze is solid for stopping special sweepers, and pex still walls most things Clodsire does, while also being better against thing like psyshock valiant. For the last move, you could run t-spikes, or surf for damage, or recover, but it’s up to you! The one major downside is that you lost spikes, but I still think that it is worth it. I hope that this helps!

Hello! I have one suggestion you could try out, bring tera steel/ dark specially defensive toxapex over Clodsire. The benefits of this are that you can spam haze against nasty plot gholdengo, while using infestations to chip it down using much less PP than Clodsire. Against Dragapult, while the matchup is still quite hard, you could run baneful bunker to predict dragon darts and get a free toxic on it. Losing unaware is bad in some matchups, but haze is solid for stopping special sweepers, and pex still walls most things Clodsire does, while also being better against thing like psyshock valiant. For the last move, you could run t-spikes, or surf for damage, or recover, but it’s up to you! The one major downside is that you lost spikes, but I still think that it is worth it. I hope that this helps!
Sure, ill consider it but against dragapult and gholdengo sp. def toxapex cant handle it, esp eating 2 dragon darts with dragon tera, esp with hazards. Ill consider it ofc... but you do not have enough ev's to deal with both.. esp if pult is banded and spmaming such strong dragon darts

Sure... u know that sounds nice, infestation chip to force more progress alongside toxic, whirlpool, and rocks but I feel like Yeah... I do not have enough ev's to deal with everything you want pex to deal with, NP gholdengo is a problem esp tera ghost while dragapult still goes ham

Last edited:
btw uh toxapex kinda gets owned by NP gholdengo, and is smth that i put it towards on clodsire and blissey. SO a change I have made is sp. def blissey to better take on make it rain and be able to stall it better esp with every protect you drain an extra PP for clodsire to pp stall. offensive gholdengo still pressures it at +2 and gives it hell, i may try out spikes -> haze on clodsire. So yeah thanks for the suggestion, ends up corv needds to be phys def for band pult, so yeah struggle. Still gonna test better anti-loom stuff

:sv/dondozo: :sv/great tusk: :sv/blissey: :sv/clodsire: :sv/alomomola: :sv/corviknight:

this is it now

Iron valiant is a painful MU but its more than doable esp if its CM 3 attacks u can tera clodsire, if its CM tera flying u can try to hard corv and try to beat it down or use dondozo as an emergency check. Maybe dozo be a steel type in the future to prevent it but idk that is just smth that is a weakness that I cant cover everything I want. The team in my opinion struggles vs taunt scale shot roaring moon and mixed pult.

peaked top 153

Ursaluna isnt a big problem and can be easy to deal with. People really overestimate how good it is at stallbreaking and correct player still can shut it down esp with tera ghost dondozo

bigger problem is the breloom on steroids and the CB chien pao with other wallbreakers such as knock off great tusk, hex pult, etc

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)