Project What's His Last? - RU Edition - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting has now ended.

Chakra: 6 votes
Take an Azelfie: 1 vote

Congrats to chakra for winning this rounds suggestion, you will be put up on the hall of fame.

Round 3 coming soon (or shortly).

Round 3

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 76 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

This balanced team is very standard. Mega steelix is the rocker and defensive mega serving to wall trum, diancie, fletch, and other fairys. Fletch comes in to act as a late game sweeper and revenge killer with its basic set, i did add 92 evs as there wasnt really any reason for defense evs unless you count avoiding a 2ko from dd scrafty, but i added 92 spd to avoid a ko from max spa lo sludge bomb venu while also giving me more support for water types like mola. Venusaur is the best partner for mega steelix and my hard hitting grass type with the standard set. I switched out hp fire for knock off as the only thing that hp fire really hits is escavalier and bronzong and even knock off hits harder on bronzong, it also gives my more support for taking out hoopa. Mola is the water type on the type and wish supporter to help out the dying pokemon recover easily and stay on foot with the game, it adds some momentum and has scald for some active damage. Flygon is the main hazard remover and bulky dragon type on the team, it stands alone with defoging and mildly damaging foes with equake and u-turn for momentum.

But What's His Last?

Last edited:
hey, cool team :D!
alomomola + msteelix + flygon is a really nice archetype, although the mons on this team could use a bit more offensive support. Fletchinder is a very nice mon that pairs well with Meloetta

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

A psychic type works well with this team's offensive core as it assists in breaking a lot of the things that pressure and can wall fletchinder so that it can set up and late game sweep, while also having a relatively offensive synergy with venusaur. Meloetta generally assists the team by adding 2 stabs to the offensive core that are very spammable in eliminating mons like golbat, amoonguss, qwilfish, venu, etc. that can be worrying for this team. Also focus blast further assists the mon in taking out or whittling mega steelix, scrafty, registeel etc, as registeel particularly is troublesome for venu + fletch. Fletch can take advantage of stuff that walls meloetta such as escav, and spiritomb and use them as set up fodder. Furthermore with flygon, Meloetta forms a nice u-turn core that mons like fletch and venu can take advantage of to come in on switches or slow pivots, increasing your momentum.

Last edited:
229.gif

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

This team has a decent matchup versus ground-types and this mon works well with venusaur, paving the way for Fletch to clean up late-game. Delphox completely murders this team, and ice-types (bar mega glalie) give it hell. Houndoom forces out many checks to this team and can even NP up and kill things. Sucker Punch gives this team some help with dealing with emergency threats, such as the aforementioned CM Delphox.

Last edited:

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Cool team, but it's lacking switch ins to powerful psychic types.

Spiritomb @ Dread Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

This gives your team some more offensive pressure. It pairs very well with venusaur as it essentially traps any psychics that may want to try pressure it to switch and essentially/potentially get you a kill. It also allows you to have an alternate medicham check than that of fletch thus allowing you to not have to rely on your fletch to do so much. Spiritomb can also be used as a fairy lure for your venusaur/steelix thus giving you some offensive momentum, or allowing rocks to go up.

Voting has now ended.

Chakra: 1 vote
Drapion Swing: 5 votes
Congrats to Drapion Swing for winning this rounds suggestion, you will be put up on the hall of fame. The answer was Spiritomb so i give props to Drapion Swing for the correct suggestion.

Round 4 coming soon (or shortly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)