Project What're Their Lasts? [Week 12 - Submissions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
After a short delay due to council votes I'll be putting up the new round today! Congratulations to Sickist for winning with their NP Pz + LO starmie submission! Their post explains well why this fits on this team, with both providing powerful breakers that can take advantage of spikes weakening their respective switch ins like Jirachi and Celebi.

The original Pokemon were NP Rotom-wash and SD Incineroar, with NP rotom-wash providing a crucial ground immunity and pokemon that can take advantage of mons like Slowking/Weezing for Passimian, while SD incineroar provides a nice breaker capable of threatening annoying Pokemon like Cobalion/Jirachi for Mimikyu.

Sickist - 5
Taxicab - 3
Cynde :blobglare: -3

This weeks team comes from me, featuring a rather sleeper pick Pokemon in Virizion!

:ss/virizion: :ss/tentacruel: :ss/jirachi: :ss/starmie:

"Virizion is a rather overlooked Pokemon in SS UU, its fantastic typing gives it the ability to check fantastic meta Pokemon like Rotom-Wash/Mow, Crawdaunt, and Krookodile, while having the offensie coverage to threaten a lot of the tier. Imo, Mixed sets are the most effective way of achieving this, with Leaf Storm offering a clean kill on Slowking, giving you the ability to not worry so much about Burns, and maximising the damage against two of your main checks in Weezing-Galar and Doublade, which takes like 45-50% from a LO Leaf Storm. Close Combat gives you the ability to really threaten Blissey too, and is far more reliable than Focus Blast is. Stone Edge complements this STAB pair fantasticly, hitting checks like Noivern / Talonflame / Scyther.

LO 3 attacks Starmie offers a fantastic breaker that can threaten Weezing / Skarmory for Virizion, and has great synergy with Virizion. Together they also form an incredible fast wallbreaking core. Tentacruel was necessary as a spinner to ensure that Starmie could run Recover in its last slot, while providing super valuable tspikes + knock support to benefit both the above wallbreakers. Jirachi provides wish support to keep tentracruel healthy, a check to threats like Kyurem / Celebi for Starmie/Virizion, and provides lots of momentum with U-turn to give Virizion and Starmie breaking opportunities against Pokemon like Slowking / Skarmory.

What are my lasts?"​

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Close Combat
- Synthesis
- Stone Edge

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- U-turn
- Protect

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Submissions are due by Friday!

Katy

Banned deucer.
reserving krookodile + noivern

:ss/Krookodile:
Krookodile @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

:ss/Noivern:
Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

i added krookodile and noivern onto that team as the last 2 remaining members of this team and these are my reasons why i added them there:

:krookodile: gives us another dark-resist and also a ground-type pokémon as there is no other real dark-resist and a ground-type is necessary as
this team is easy to volt switch on. furthermore krookdile adds another entry-hazard support on this team with its last slot in stealth rocks.
krookodile also is a second knock off user to remove annoying items and can make use of a strong close combat to dish out damage on blissey as well, earthquake is krookodiles ground-stab.

:noivern: on the other hand adds as a flying-type a ground-immunity, which this team really appreciates as most mons are vulnerable to strong ground-type attacks, noivern also adds itself as another fast pokémon and has the necessary coverage-options with the choice specs-boost to enable the breaking potential. draco meteor and hurricane acts as the strong dual-stab coverage and flamethrower hits opposing jirachi, and also bronzong super effective. it also acts as another way to create momentum with its last slot which is u-turn and helps this team in this certain way.

in overall krookodile & noivern help the team to cover the least weaknesses and to add more strong points to it, their typing and sets compliment the 4 members and in general rounds this team up pretty well with their stab- and coverage-options.

Last edited:
Reserving palossand + heliolisk
:sm/palossand: :sm/heliolisk:
Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scorching Sands
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up

Heliolisk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

:Palossand: Palossand grants the squad something that can absorb volt switches and a valuable wall to fighting types, which would be tricky to handle once Tentacruel is weakened. Stealth rock is useful to add in the hazard stack department, allowing its teamates to score KOs easier in conjuction with spikes and instant recovery in shore up increases its longevity in checking physical attackers, which it can burn as well via scorching sands.

:Heliolisk: This lizard compresses the role of a fast pivot user to bring in teamates to handle the mons it lures in, completing a volt turn core while outspeeding threats like the sword of justice and a special wallbreaker that dents Virizions checks such as Skarm and G-Weezing. It's normal typing is nice to being immune to Doublade's shadowsneak, as well as a usefull water immunity to deter flip turns and scalds. Boots allow it to pivot in and out without fear of chip from hazards, followed by a wide movepool hitting electric immunites and resists.

In conclusion, these two additions patch the few flaws the team faced, which was the lack of an electric immunity, a reliable fighting type switch in, a mon that could threaten Virizions checks and bring in offensive threats.

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion

SELF CONTROL (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

FUTURA FREE (Talonflame) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
The first glaring necessity was a stealth rocker-- Rhyperior fits well here as an electric-type immunity and has good type synergy with Virizion. Just a general tank for whatever Tentacruel or Jirachi can't take. Talonflame forms a complete Fire Water Grass core with Starmie and Virizion and gives the team a wincon to clean with. Talonflame makes EQ less free to click for opposing choiced Krookodile as well.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Katy - 1
Avarice - 4
Spook -

Congratultions to avarice for winning this week! I withheld this project for the last 2 weeks while UUWC qualifiers were going on, due to the general difficulty of recieving teams people wouldn't want to share during this time. This week's team comes from me again as I want to get this new week out asap, but once tiebreak is over next week recieving teams should be a lot easier :)

:ss/mudsdale: :ss/jirachi: :ss/keldeo: :ss/obstagoon:

"I wanted to build a team featuring a Pokemon that had been discussed a little bit at the time in Mudsdale, which on paper is a great answer to a lot of Jirachi sets and Lycanroc-D. The given set and spread allows Mudsdale to 2HKO Skarmory after using Smack Down, while Body Press forms a killer combination with Stamina to immediately hit some switch-ins like Rotom-W for decent damage. I wanted to pair it with Wish support to make it last a lot better, and Jirachi is a fantastic option for this that can check Pokemon like Kyurem for Mudsdale. Keldeo + Obstagoon forms a dangerous wallbreaking pair that benefits massively from Jirachi's Wish support, making their presence known for much longer during a match and allowing them to take more risks. Calm Mind + Flip Turn Keldeo can also offer a nice late game win condition, while still being able to do immediate damage and pivot around its checks like Slowking, which Obstagoon can take advantage of. What are my lasts?"

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Body Press
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Flip Turn

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Switcheroo

Please submit by Thursday :)​

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
I DID NOTHING

THIS ISNT MY TEAM

IT JUST HAS THE SAME GUYS

anyway reserving heliolisk and noivern

:ss/heliolisk: :ss/noivern:
Heliolisk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Roost

These two aid a few iffy MUs that the four listed mons struggle with, like Slowking, Keldeo, and Kyurem. They're both fast pivots and breakers that help to get Keldeo and Obstagoon on the field, which makes them quite the effective pairing. Strangely enough, if you add these two, you get the team I used to get reqs for the Jirachi suspect which was built by myself and martha but mostly her bc she's cooler than me. Anyway I don't have a ton to say these guys just fit the team really well. You could go Defog on Noivern over U-turn to help w tspikes MU but rocks and webs don't rly hurt this team and spikes/tspikes aren't the end of the world so it's fine.

Last edited:
Reserving rotom mow + Chandelure

This pair not only completes a nice FWG core with Keldeo, but they also offer roles missing that are required in any viable team. Also they both deal with Skarmory, which proves to be quite the wall to muscle through.

:ss/rotom mow:
Rotom-Mow @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm

Rotom Mow is the ground immunity and defoger, which opts for heavy duty boots over lefties, as it's easier to bluff scarf with it, which serves as a nice suprise for removing electric immunities once it's "locked" into volt switch. It pairs well with Mudsdale, threatening and absorbing hits from water and grass moves, while Mudsdale can benefit from the u-turns it lures. It provides even more support for the rest of the team, completing a volturn core with Keldeo and most importantly speed control with thunder wave, allowing Jirachi's iron head to win matches by itself and makes Obstagoon unstoppable in the late game.

:ss/chandelure:
Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Scarf Chandelure seems a bit hard to justify. It's speed tier is kind of awkward, being outsped by common scarfers, and it's typing is weak to common priority moves in shadow sneak and accelerock. However, it does revenge kill all variants of Jirachi, which is a hard mon to prep as it can lure Mudsdale with special sets. Even if its scarf none of the moves on that set threaten Chandy, and infiltrator bypasses subsitute sets. Trick is mostly filler but it can shut down speciall walls like Mantine and Umbreon. Plus its downsides are covered with rotom mow's thunder wave, which lets it outspeed opposing scarfers and Lycanroc Dusk, Mimikyu and Doublade can be checked by Mudsdale and other teamates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)