FOR THE GUYS What should I do if I'm noticing favoritism from my parents

For the past few years, I've noticed that I'm constantly being essentially swept under the rug when it comes for things between me and my twin brother. I'm always being punished when I mess up, but he's getting much much lighter punishments for doing things that are arguably worse. He always gets the say in arguments, and when he doesn't get what he wants, he's all pissy until the next day. I'm incredibly tired of this, because I just want things to be fair in my house. What should I do?

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Have you tried talking to your parents about this?
The first thing you should do is have an open and honest conversation with your parents. Choose a calm moment to express your feelings and concerns. Try to avoid blaming or accusing; instead, focus on how you feel and how the unequal treatment is affecting you emotionally.

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
For the past few years, I've noticed that I'm constantly being essentially swept under the rug when it comes for things between me and my twin brother. I'm always being punished when I mess up, but he's getting much much lighter punishments for doing things that are arguably worse. He always gets the say in arguments, and when he doesn't get what he wants, he's all pissy until the next day. I'm incredibly tired of this, because I just want things to be fair in my house. What should I do?
1693964907220.png

"With the snap of my fingers, you will now treat me and my brother equally."

Serious answer, try and look at it from your parents perspective. There's probably some minute detail you are missing, which can definitely change how punishments resolve.
Smogoffian answer, (REDACTED BY MODERATOR)
It generally stops arguements

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)