What is this I don't even...

Team focused on offense but gets a little support from my happy friend Bronzong. Hope ya like it! This is a WiFi team and I suck at RNG, so Hidden Powers are hard to get.

Gengar@Choice Specs
Modest
EVS: 252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Trick
-Focus Blast

Kind of an anti-lead of sorts, tricking Choice Specs but dealing massive amounts of damage if I don't as well. This is a more power based Gengar, because with the advent of ScarfTran and ScarfTar, I found it too hard to Trick off Scarf. This deals massive damage to anything it outspeeds and Choice Specs Tricking is fun as usual.

Bronzong@Lefties
Impish
EVS: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
-Rain Dance
-Explosion
-Stealth Rock
-Reflect

This is not a straight up Rain team but enjoys its support because of a key player. Bronzong has been extremely effective on coming in, doing what it needs to do, and Splodin' all over (Yay sexual inuendos.) I had Damp Rock, but Lefties gave it much better survivability. Rain also gives a way to combat fire attacks.

Kingdra@Life Orb
Modest
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp Attack, 4 HP
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Draco Meteor

Mother of God, this thing is an absolute monster. One turn makes it a housewrecking beast that takes huge chunks and 2HKO some bulky walls. Hydro Pump destroys anything that doesn't resist it (barring Blissey) and the other provide coverage.

Jolteon@Life Orb
Timid
EVS: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
TBolt
Substitute
Light Screen
Shadow Ball

I love this Jolteon, because it can do something everytime it comes in. Can come in on Adamant Gyara DDance or Taunt and can start doing work. Sub up, and if a hard counter comes in, Jolteon can at least set up Reflect and come out to strike again. Like the usual Jolt, makes a tremendous late game sweeper.

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Naive
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
EQ
Fire Blast
Outrage
U-Turn

Flygon does the job as the standard scout and revenge killer, doing damage and its pretty standard. Blocks Earthquakes from Jolteon and Thunder Waves from the sweeping Kingdra, giving the team great synergy.

Scizor@Choice Band
Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack, 248 HP, 8 Speed
-U-Turn
-Pursuit
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower

Yes, the tried and true Scizor. I had this one sitting in my box from when I made it before Plat, and now it flourishes on my team, as it does on many others. This Scizor benefits from the great support around it, with Reflect, Rain Dance, and even Light Screen, Scizor is able to get behind at least one of these (and often two) and wreak havoc. Also works extremely well with Flygon, and receives many weakened foes because of the U-Turn tagteams they use. Flygon and Kingdra resist Fire attacks as well.

Tell me what you think!

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think you need to decided whether or not to make this into a full-on rain team or not, because rain does not really work well without several swift swin sweepers and supporters. Here is a link to the guide on rain teams. If you were to opt for this, I would be looking to replace Gengar with something like Azelf, and then swap out Jolteon and Flygon for some swift swim sweepers like Ludicolo or Kabutops, as well as considering changing Scizor to a rain support set.

Specs Gengar will likely not work as a lead, because it it easily OHKOed by the majority of leads at the moment. Trick Scarf Starmie is a lead which I would recommend, which is also able to threaten ScarfTar and ScarfTran with a powerful Hydro Pump. It can also spin away SR after forcing the opponent out with Trick.

Flygon needs a +speed nature to guarantee at least a speed tie with opposing +1 Salamence, Jirachi, and Flygon. With Fire Blast it should run Naive (or Rah is you opt against +speed) to avoid reducing its power.

Pursuit is superior to Night Slash on Scizor, as it is nearly as powerful due to Technician, and can be used to trap ghosts and Psychics, particularly choiced Rotom-A and Latias locked into the wrong move.

Good luck

Hello

I agree with jc104 that Gengar isn't a very good lead indeed. Since this is an offensive team you could try the very popular anti lead Machamp, instead of screwing opposing leads over with Trick, you can confuse them with Dynamic Punch. These days Machamp is one of the best anti-leads available and I'm sure it will fit your team perfectly:

Machamp @ lum berry/ adamant/ no guard
240 HP, 248 Atk, 4 Spe, 16 SDef

- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch
- Payback
- Bullet Punch

Bronzong and Kingdra make a great pair, and it's definitly not needed to run an entire Rain Dance team as Kingdra can work well enough as the only rain sweeper. I do however suggest Damp Rock as the item on Bronzong. After he has set up Stealth Rocks, Rain and Reflect he goes boom anyway. With those 3 extra turns of rain you can give Kingdra a bit more time to cause havoc. If you give Bronzong Damp Rock then there is no need to run Rain Dance on Kingdra as well. Since you are unable to get a decent Hidden Power (I was going to suggest the Electric variant) you could try a mixed version:

Kingdra @ life orb/ naugty/ swift swim
252 Atk, 240 SpA, 16 Spe

- Draco Meteor
- Waterfall
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam/ ...

On Jolteon, there is not real need for Light Screen. Since you can't get Hidden Power (ice) nor (grass) you can put Baton Pass here. This way you can pass your Substitute to a team member and thus giving them a somewhat easier switch-in. You could also try Charge beam instead of Thunderbolt so you can pass those boosts on as well.

Hope this helped!

Don't get me wrong; this team has been tested now for a while and I have found that rain can be effective. Thanks for the suggestions. I've already tried Machamp and it simply wasn't working. Charge Beam just has too little power, but the standard of Baton Pass is likely a better option. I like the Starmie TrickScarf and I will test it before giving a full change, thanks for the suggestions guys.

I think I'll stick with Special Kingdra, because I like the Speed factor. I suppose I can try Damp Rock again, and maybe use Dragon Pulse for more sweeping ability in the fourth slot? But then again, what if Bronzong suffers an early death? Rain Dance is a good back up plan.

jc, No rebuttal to Pursuit. I knew about it but I just completely forgot about it >.<

As much as I hate speed ties and the chance, I suppose I have to take it. I have no great counter to Sallywags so I'll have to change that as well.

Loving the suggestions guys, keep them coming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)