Lifestyle What are your favorite seasonal hobbies or activities? (Not just winter)

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Author's Note: Originally I was going to make a thread about winter-time activities specifically, but that's when I turned my brain on and remembered many of you might live in a different part of the world where summer is approaching you.)

As mentioned in my Author's Note, the seasons are starting to change again later this month, and that's gotten me thinking about what kinds of activities or hobbies you all enjoy during specific seasons. Some parts of the world will be going into winter and other parts into summer, assuming I haven't been fed a bunch of lies about worldwide climatology for all these years. For me, I'm in the half going into the winter, and one of the things I was most excited to try and do was play in the snow again like I... okay, that's not entirely true. I did want to play in the snow, but my cold tolerance was even worse when I was a kid than it is now, and that's saying something. Thankfully, there were other, warmer activities I could enjoy during the winter that didn't involve freezing to death.

Seeing that there wasn't a thread (or at least, not one that would be visible without digging through the depths of this forum) for this, I wanted to change that and get us all in the holiday- or sunny- spirit a little bit more, depending on where you are. This should be pretty casual and chill thread as far as I'm concerned. Happy posting- and potentially happy holidays if that's something you're interested in.

1670377335460.png

(Yes, I know this picture I found was from 2021 instead of this year, but you get the point.)

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm a bit of a homebody, so a lot of my hobbies might seem uneventful.

Winter hobbies: Drinking Hot Chocolate with a Marshmallow, and looking outside to see the white sky if it's snowing
Summer hobbies: Going outside to my residential pool in 100 degree weather and drinking a Truly Hard Seltzer
Spring / Fall hobbies: Going outside once in a while for a walk / hikes

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm a bit of a homebody, so a lot of my hobbies might seem uneventful.

Winter hobbies: Drinking Hot Chocolate with a Marshmallow, and looking outside to see the white sky if it's snowing
Summer hobbies: Going outside to my residential pool in 100 degree weather and drinking a Truly Hard Seltzer
Spring / Fall hobbies: Going outside once in a while for a walk / hikes
There’s nothing wrong with being like this in my eyes. Often times the most relaxing activities, particularly ones that can be done in the home, are also the most enjoyable due to ease of comfort and ease of use. For about two months here at school I started taking the occasional walk around campus to clear my thoughts, and while I slowly lost interest in that I still enjoy going outside and feeling the windy breeze.

So the favourite seasonal hobbies and activities can vary depending. Some activities I do is skiing and snowboarding in the winter and camping and hiking in the summer with my family. In addition, I enjoy spending time outdoors, whether it's going for walks, gardening, or simply enjoying the natural beauty. I have written an article based on this in my blog page, Norma Walton, so check it out when you have a chance!

Hiking is great whenever but I especially love it during the Fall seeing the beauty really makes you appreciate nature and existence as a whole.

Fall: Collecting chestnuts. I look for the biggest one and I keep it, and my family likes to bake the rest in the oven and eat them. As a kid I used to make animals out of them with toothpicks. It's just a nice memory, and I love the colors of the trees during fall.
Winter: Ice skating. Going to the movies.
Spring: Walking outside with friends/family. Any outdoor activities!
Summer: I love drinking slushie drinks in summer because it cools you down so well. It balances out with the hot weather. Ofcourse when on vacation, I love to go to restaurants that have an outdoor seating option. And I love going to a quiet beach, reading, relaxing... A beachside restaurant is definitely my dream. Maybe the saltwater breeze makes the food taste better. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)