Geass (Metagross) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/236 Atk/10 Def/12 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

'Gross is probably one of the best leads I've ever used. It can set up rocks, attack with priority, and explode to get rid of threats. What else could you ask for? Yeah this sucks against a Infernape lead but that's what Suicune is for. Some say that Meteor Mash > Explosion on LeadGross, but I love having the ability to take out Cresselias and put dents into Blisseys. Otherwise they would just stall their way to victory.

Ignatius (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/79 Spd/179 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Surf

Not only is Suicune a beast offensively, it is a marvelous tank. This thing helps me protect my Metagross from a early demise via Infernape leads although they aren't that common. Normally I can set up against their Blissey with Subs+CM and then after 6 CMs Surf 2HKOs the Blissey. Oh yes, I have other, faster ways to take Blissey out but having another option never hurts. This thing just doesn't stop Blissey though. It stops pretty much every special sweeper out there except for maybe Jolteon...

Phantasmagoric (Togekiss) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Tri Attack
- Flamethrower

As of right now I'm just experimenting with Togekiss. I used to have Salamnece in its place. Anyway I decided to go with Choice Scarf for the extra speed and we all know what Air Slash + Serene Grace can do. Tri Attack is for the STAB and Flamethrower helps me take out those Skarmorys that love to come out against most of the members on my team.

Kraken (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

I used to have Nidoqueen in this spot because it was decently bulky and it was easy to switch into Jolteon/Raikou and set up TSpikes. It also soaked up my opponent's TSpikes. The two reasons why I have decided to go with Cruel over Nidoqueen are 1) Although Queen can soak up TSpikes, she really can't do anything against regular Spikes or Stealth Rocks. Tentacruel can Spin them away! and 2) Queen was often countered by Tentacruel and then the Cruel was able to just send out Spikes again.

Krusiv (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

What a lovely revenge killer! Oh hello Mr. Dragon, say hello to my Ice Shards. Oh whats that? Your Gengar just KO'd something? It's going to get Pursuited. I'm surprised that Weavile isn't used that much... it's still awesome.

Rocky (Breloom) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 44 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/208 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Ahhh, Breloom. SubPunching was sooo last year. I believe that this set works a lot better if you're going towards an offensive Breloom instead of a semi-stally one. Spore things to almost always get a free SD in and then Mach Punch until Breloom dies, or you win. Either way this thing tends to give me 2-3 KOs per match. The Toxic Orb + Poison Heal thing is AMAZING since it counts as a healing method AND Breloom can not be paralyzed because it is already poisoned. Yay! Seed Bomb is for those silly Swamperts that try to come in and Ice Beam you.

Major Threats
Gyarados - Oh, jesus. Suicune does a decent job but other then that my team normally can't handle a DDing Gyarados late game.

I'll add more threats and stuff later once I can test this out more.

If your team has trouble with gyrados, I would recomend you change your suicune to an offensive cune with hidden power electric. It's an amazing bulky sweeper

If you are going to rely on Weavile for so much revenge killing, I would suggest a much better "counter" to Scizor. For that reason, I suggest making Togekiss a Zapdos. Same weaknesses, more powerful and a good switch in to Scizor for offensive minded teams. You can Scarf Zapdos, which helps a bit with the Gyara weak if you get in on a DD (be careful though, as some players attack straight off to scout for a counter). The other main option I see is using a Life Orb Zapdos, which I think could open up the offense nicely.

BTW- Your Metagross lead beats Infernape, Earthquake + Bullet Punch :)

If you dont scarf Zapdos, Suicune needs HP Electric. If you do, the set can stay as is.

Weavile + Breloom- Standard and acceptable.

Tentacruel- This slows the team up too much for me. Your team was pretty offensive and then Tentacruel entered the arena, and your team loses itself a bit. I agree you need an Electric immunity, so I think LO Jolteon or LO Flygon could be very good here. If you don't scarf Zapdos, then I think it should be a Scarf Flygon. LO Flygon gives you a decent weapon against stall as choice Flygon is so common.

Good Luck with your team.

I'm flattered, really, but please give me a little credit next time, because this is more or less one of my teams but with Togekiss and Tentacruel. It's pretty obvious. Same Metagross, same Weavile, same Breloom, same Tentacruel, and you admitted you used to have Nidoqueen and Salamence lol (the exact team I had).

Anyhow, Tentacruel is definitely an excellent choice to replace Nidoqueen, I've tried it out too. However, consider this. With Tentacruel, Suicune, and now Togekiss, and now immunities to electric, a Specs Jolteon is really gonna put some hurt on you. That's one of the reasons I liked Nidoqueen, because she has nearly as many immunities as Gengar, regardless of the weakness to some common attacks.

I don't think I've ever really seen a Togekiss set like that. It looks like it would probably function very well, as Scarf Jirachi does (Iron Head flinch hax D:). However, on its moveset, what exactly is Aura Sphere accomplishing? I can't think of anything in particular that Aura Sphere is hitting that the rest of your moves can't. It's not like you're going to try and take on Blissey with a Togekiss like this. I don't even think a Nasty Plot Togekiss would win against a Blissey, so I don't see why you would use Aura Sphere. Granted, there aren't a whole lot of other moves in Togekiss' movepool. Can it learn Thunderbolt or something like that? If so, I would suggest using one of those.

To take care of Gyarados simply give Suicune Hidden Power Electric. That's what I did, and it always got rid of them.

Xephyr, these are all standard sets. It's nowhere near uncommon to have 5 members of your teams be the exact same build.

Anyway, take the scarf off Togekiss, and put NP over Tri Attack...he's a fearsome sweeper because he has rather high speed regardless of the scarf, as well as decent bulk.

Xephyr, these are all standard sets. It's nowhere near uncommon to have 5 members of your teams be the exact same build.

Anyway, take the scarf off Togekiss, and put NP over Tri Attack...he's a fearsome sweeper because he has rather high speed regardless of the scarf, as well as decent bulk.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54808

You're trying to tell me this is just a coincidence?

Shut up.

EDIT: Exact same EVs, moves, natures on Suicune, Metagross, Breloom, and Weavile, and in the post he admits he had a Salamence and a NIDOQUEEN before. Srsly.

I dont think Togekiss is really adding a lot for this team, which btw is pretty good. Toxic Spikes + Suicune is a winning combination. I suggest you swap Togekiss for a Scarf Rotom this will help you against Gyarados who sets up on half this team. A timid Scarf Rotom always outspeeds Jolly Gyarados after DD and OHKO's it. Trick will help against stall teams too. Shadow ball will help against one of Suicunes better counters in the form of Celebi. THis also gives you a strong option against an SD Ape with Mach Punch who could give this team some problems it will beat Tentacruel though it will have difficulties against Suicune. either run "W" or "H". Hydro Pump hits Heatran and TTar whilst Overheat hits Magnezone Scizor and Lucario which could be problematic. Its up to you though. Hope this helped.

This should also help against Specs Jolt . Which could be problematic though you have Mach Punch and Ice Shard when it is on fairly low health.

Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)