XY LC Wet Powerhouse, No Rain No Gain

INTRODUCTION:

Hello Smogon, Its me Brazilian Army, the LC community Web dude doing my first ORAS RMT, this time i decided to prove people a point and start building to prove that rain is a very good playstyle in this meta, first off I have been using shit rain teams on every singles meta I play, and got frustrated that all attempts I have on rain in the past was with a really bad results, now god bless me and hope I can change how people see rain in general. Gracias Mambo for the patientience

Teambuilding Process:

On my entire career I always use the Tauntfoo and wanted to use bulkfoo spread for the first time,Most of the time using the best and standard mon in the meta is not something really creative ,so to add creativeness I just add chinchou and form the standard volturn cancer that everybody loves.

Even being an Elekid lover I wanted to try new gimmick and bad mons for a Volturn standard team, So I really wanted to try Voltorb as it have near the same good qualities as elekid does with less offensive pressure, that was a fun team that I wanted,so gimmick and bad mons are supposed to be used.

With that combo being used, I just notice a rain oriented team was a good idea, so I decided to try my broken dream on it with Horsea, the reason was because Kingdra is my favorite mon at all, and I wanted horsea to be a really good mon,unfortunally it have not a good coverage, but was enough for beat lower ladders players so it stays for a moment

Wanted something for Stealth rocks support and for at least a soft check on buddy Drilbur so I picked Ferrosed that is wonderfull on rain and gives all the supports I need to check some huge threats like Carvanha or Corphish and for a secondary Chinchou check and a gastly + abra check with the new Knock off, this time i Just notice horsea lost a ton of K.O so i change it for Omanyte

One think that is completely underrated and dangerous is spikes stall, specially with Toxic Spikes(good stall users like to use it , and use it very well, so absorb toxic spikes was a think I need badly) and that also helps vs some mons that are huge threats to rain teams like Corphish and also something that can check Timburr on the same mon(timburr is annoying as fuck),

[/U][/U]

The Team Itself

1. Mienfoo:

By far the best mon in this meta and the mon I build around on the beginning,it’s the best rain setter in the hole meta according to doctor Mambo the rain guy, and can provide a really good slow u-turn, regenerator and a secondary pawn check, that spread is used because it can survive Abra Psychic and Fletch Acrobatics being what I call bulk foo, It can also provide Knock off support for the Omanyte sweeper , and we all know how Knock Off is a meta defining mon

Molgera @ Eviolite

Ability: Regenerator

Level: 5

EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD

Careful Nature

- Knock Off

- U-turn

- Drain Punch

- Rain Dance

2. Chinchou:

Chinchou is the best glue mon in the entire meta and it forms a volturn cancer motherfucker 666 of down core with Mienfoo, and also abuse rain as well(THUNDER AND HYDRO PUMP), opposing chinchou is annoying as fuck and chinchou is the best cover for chinchou and for Mienfoo flying weakness and also a really really good rain setter :

Zxut @ Berry Juice

Ability: Volt Absorb

EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpA / 60 Spe

Bold Nature

- Volt Switch

- Hydro Pump

- Rain Dance

- Thunder

3: Super Electric boss pokeball VOLTORB:

Since I started play this meta, elekid has been one of my biggest toys,one day I was talking with mambo why he uses that shit mon and why he doesn’t use Elekid, He told me that Voltorb is a much better Rain pivot with taunt utility and Unfortunally I had to agree with that, even I thinking that rain sucks I started to think about rain at this point being a 20 speed mon that can setup rain and being able to use a Damp rock, using Voltswitch for the volturn core that is really dominant in this meta, a powerfull thunder and last a really carismathic mon that looks gimmick and all good teambuilder like to use for beginners to think,WTF

ggggd @ Damp Rock

Ability: Soundproof

EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe

Timid Nature

- Rain Dance

- Taunt

- Thunder

- Volt Switch

4.Omanyte the god of the death:

That is a really brutal sweeper and my main with condition most of the time, A strong hydro pump with 28 speed mon in rain good coverage move with Icebeam and Earthpower make this based Lord one of the top sweepers in my opinion(Shell smash Omanyte is really good as well but personaly I don’t like the wasted turn of rain for smash on this as Omanyte is a boss mon with LO and OHKO the entire meta if LO are gone:

Zdrup @ Life Orb

Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 72 Def / 196 SpA / 240 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 10 HP

- Scald

- Hydro Pump

- Earth Power

- Ice Beam

5 FerroSeed :

Well, some mons can abuse your own rain to do a hell of a lot of damage and can sweep your entire team if you get wronge, this mons are, Corphish,Carvanha,Staryu and a lot of stuff like that So I needed a mon that can check then, soft checks drilbur and use stealth rocks , a perfect glue with all that qualities and unique mon in LC is ferroseed, with the always appreciated Thunder Wave and Knock off( thank you ORAS) ferroseed is a definetilly huge threat and also helps with Abra and gastly if needed

Yagura @ Eviolite

Ability: Iron Barbs

EVs: 84 HP / 52 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe

Careful Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Bullet Seed

- Thunder Wave

- Knock Off

6 Croagunk:

Stall is good in LC , good players in LC love to use toxic spikes what can be really deadly , so I decided that a mon that can check my fighting types weakness, get a “leftovers” heal on rain and priority user as a toxic spikes absorber, that mon is gunk, the rain frog have a incredible good niche on rain,with a huge durability and a good check for fairys as well , helping my team dealing with vanha and corphish and most Staryus.

Solid3 @ Eviolite

Ability: Dry Skin

EVs: 140 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD

Quiet Nature

- Drain Punch

- Knock Off

- Vacuum Wave

- Sludge Bomb

Importable:

Molgera @ Eviolite

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD

Careful Nature

- Knock Off

- U-turn

- Drain Punch

- Rain Dance

Zxut @ Berry Juice

Ability: Volt Absorb

EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpA / 60 Spe

Bold Nature

- Volt Switch

- Hydro Pump

- Rain Dance

- Thunder

ggggd @ Damp Rock

Ability: Soundproof

EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe

Timid Nature

- Rain Dance

- Taunt

- Thunder

- Volt Switch

Zdrup @ Life Orb

EVs: 72 Def / 196 SpA / 240 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 10 HP

- Scald

- Hydro Pump

- Earth Power

- Ice Beam

Yagura @ Eviolite

Ability: Iron Barbs

EVs: 84 HP / 52 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe

Careful Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Bullet Seed

- Thunder Wave

- Knock Off

Solid3 @ Eviolite

Ability: Dry Skin

EVs: 140 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD

Quiet Nature

- Drain Punch

- Knock Off

- Vacuum Wave

- Sludge Bomb

[/U][/U]

Conclusion:

Finally its my time to showcase with a great different team(fuck standard metagame) And with my third RMT on LC tier I want to make an impact using underrated playstyle, that I started with webs on second place I starting building stall what I think are really really good teams and playstyle , And now rain is my little princess even retiring my nigga elekid on this team what sucksL, I hope I can build something with underrated playstyle and make it work at some point, gratz LC Community for all the support and feedback a while I build this team

Some LC stars talking about that cancer

Yagura: “That is a really solid ,(for a rain team)”

Tricking “ A Rain team? Wtf”

Obvious Power “That think is a rain team and rain sucks”

SuperPowerdude “ Rain is a really good playstyle, people just don’t build it well”

FROG JESUS,Macle”Rain is bad, so Idc”

Shootouts:

zdrup15 Zxut Havor Destiny Device WhiteQueen @DD always my teammates and friends from PSPL team Portuguese

Other Brazilians that deserve special mention:

MetalBlaster : Its a bad player,but always help me on my teambuilding adventures

ggggd :Gracias hermano for spamming my shit and even being a really bad player, still get to rank 1 on PS LC ladder

Empoleon,Mr.Loser and the entire brodagem team from Whatsapp

Nice People and Idols from LC Room
Eren Yeagar(Good friend and good feedback) , Yagura (For being a good player that i want to be like in the future)@Corporal Levi(Evs and support) QuoteCS (Nice room owner)@macle(Frog jesus) @Omastar42(A friend and a bae and also its Omanyte´s dad) Tricking (Based Hax god) Sken (Pineco god) Fran17 (Italian Hax god) @silver97(Italian Hax god) Mambo (For being the only noob that believe rain is good with me)@Obvious Power(believe Squirtle is good) Fiend Hound (Use Synthesis Chespin on Rain) Frogtaco (for using bad mons on all your teams)

Team Rotom Famiglia
Mysteria ZANBAKUResh Wettin Nineage Alpha1234

Last edited:
Solid team, bro. Once you have a waay better teambuilder than mine, I dont have much suggestions, this team wrecks a really good portion of the metagame. Croagunk can be a treath, but not too significative, it beats Foo, Ferroseed, but your own can take care of it iirc. Also, Sleep Powder Bellsprout in sun can get a kill every time it gets a good switch-in, but not too relevant. Sash Digglet beats Voltorb, 100% Revenge kill Chinchou and Omanyte (without rain). You need get Ferroseed safe for beat it. 100% HP Croagunk can live an EQ (prob, calc is down) beats in 1v1. Really good team, again. Grats :)

Shotout fdp LOL

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to suggest Shell Smash Splash Plate Oma over your current set. Splash Plate powers up the moves you need and doesn't wear you down. SS also allows you to beat things like Spritzee easier and overall just smash teams. Although you do lose out on having both Scald and Hydro which has its merits. Additionally your Foongus weakness will probably be a major pain, however it can be handled fairly well by Ferro. Iron Head > Bullet Seed maybe a choice if it proves to still trouble you.

Omanyte @ Splash Plate
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Earth Power

+2 196+ SpA Splash Plate Omanyte Surf vs. 156 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 21-25 (91.3 - 108.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
(21, 21, 21, 21, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 25)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)